Obscure_Trash

Emotional Support

Moral of the story, Ive been absolutely stressed, frustrated, depressed, and down right feeling miserable sometimes.

I had a baby with my husband, she is now 4 months. My husband won't lift a finger to help me around the house and stresses over that nothing gets done. I explain to him why, that I have to take care of our daughter, "but that is no excuse". Yesterday we got into an argument before he left for work.. I got mad at him for going through my personal privacy when I never do that to him. I have explained to him several times that he has to ask me first so I know, that it's "having respect for your wife". I have nothing to hide from him any way but it hurts me feelings that he has to feel as if he needs to snoop. He was mad at me and lied to me about what he said he "discovered". I had a friendly coversation with a guy I went to school with... And he gets but hurt because it was s guy and not a girl. I did nothing wrong but he tries to control whom I talk to. I have told him over an over, I don't care if he talks do girls. Just as long as it's not sexual and he comes home loving me and me alone at the end of the day. But for some reason I can't talk to someone I went to school with because ge doesnt know him...

Him an I sould be getting the OK to move into an apartment by the end of the week but honestly.. I don't know if I really want to. He won't pick up after himself, he doesnt respect me, or even appreciate the small things I do for him. he won't even help me take care of our child!

I'm literally at my wits end here.. Ive asked him to help me before he goes to work, that it would give me a few how break every day and time to get things done. His response was "I have to work and I want to relax before I go". Honestly who in earth has to relax BEFORE they go to work! And when he gets home I can't even ask him to watch our daughter for 10 minutes because he is on the damned xbox.. I'm ready to toss that thing in the road and run over it with a steam roller. He pays more attention to that game than he does me or our daughter. He is addicted, he won't even go to bed with me. I have told him time and time again if he doesn't start going to bed with his wife (I stay up till 2-5am waiting on him, then having to wake up at 8-9am with the baby) I'm going to toss him a pillow and blanket and lock his a** out of the bedroom with the xbox or start sleeping in my own room.

I think it's ridiculous that he is a grown man and acts like a 10 year old kid. I have to be his damn alarm clock every morning for work! And it takes me an hour of going back to the bedroom every 5 minutes and having to take care of a crying baby imbetween to get his ass out of bed..

It feels really nice to be able to vent.. Maybe I won't be as frustrated today with him..

I love my husband to pieces because he can be a real sweetheart but I just wish he had more respect for me and didn't treat me the way he does.. :/

Moral of the story, Ive been absolutely stressed, frustrated, depressed, and down right feeling miserable sometimes.

I had a baby with my husband, she is now 4 months. My husband won't lift a finger to help me around the house and stresses over that nothing gets done. I explain to him why, that I have to take care of our daughter, "but that is no excuse". Yesterday we got into an argument before he left for work.. I got mad at him for going through my personal privacy when I never do that to him. I have explained to him several times that he has to ask me first so I know, that it's "having respect for your wife". I have nothing to hide from him any way but it hurts me feelings that he has to feel as if he needs to snoop. He was mad at me and lied to me about what he said he "discovered". I had a friendly coversation with a guy I went to school with... And he gets but hurt because it was s guy and not a girl. I did nothing wrong but he tries to control whom I talk to. I have told him over an over, I don't care if he talks do girls. Just as long as it's not sexual and he comes home loving me and me alone at the end of the day. But for some reason I can't talk to someone I went to school with because ge doesnt know him...

Him an I sould be getting the OK to move into an apartment by the end of the week but honestly.. I don't know if I really want to. He won't pick up after himself, he doesnt respect me, or even appreciate the small things I do for him. he won't even help me take care of our child!

I'm literally at my wits end here.. Ive asked him to help me before he goes to work, that it would give me a few how break every day and time to get things done. His response was "I have to work and I want to relax before I go". Honestly who in earth has to relax BEFORE they go to work! And when he gets home I can't even ask him to watch our daughter for 10 minutes because he is on the damned xbox.. I'm ready to toss that thing in the road and run over it with a steam roller. He pays more attention to that game than he does me or our daughter. He is addicted, he won't even go to bed with me. I have told him time and time again if he doesn't start going to bed with his wife (I stay up till 2-5am waiting on him, then having to wake up at 8-9am with the baby) I'm going to toss him a pillow and blanket and lock his a** out of the bedroom with the xbox or start sleeping in my own room.

I think it's ridiculous that he is a grown man and acts like a 10 year old kid. I have to be his damn alarm clock every morning for work! And it takes me an hour of going back to the bedroom every 5 minutes and having to take care of a crying baby imbetween to get his ass out of bed..

It feels really nice to be able to vent.. Maybe I won't be as frustrated today with him..

I love my husband to pieces because he can be a real sweetheart but I just wish he had more respect for me and didn't treat me the way he does.. :/

//hugs and pats// There there, bae. It's okay.

Congrats on your baby! ^^ Good luck with her, that's wonderful news! biggrin.gif

Could you sit your husband down and attempt to talk to him? Don't take no or I'm playing a game or I'm busy for an answer, march up and demand that you guys sit down and have a face to face talk about the responsibilities that come with having a baby and married life.

Just out of curiosity, how long have you two been married?

Overall, I think you really need to talk to your husband about this. Explain to him that you feel frustrated by the way he's acting and treating you and the baby, and just try to get him to understand without either one of you losing your temper.

Also, you may want to restrict Xbox use. Gaming can be addicting and even if he doesn't mean to do it, it can take up a lot of time and become very addictive. Tell him that, now that you guys have a baby, he's going to have to accept the fact that he'll have to give up some of his free time and things that he enjoys to take care of her with you. You can't do it by yourself and no one should expect you to.

//hugs// There, there. Raising a baby is frustrating, but I wish you luck! <3 Just try to talk it out with your husband--I hope everything goes well. In the meantime, have fun with your new baby! biggrin.gif I'm sure she's absolutely wonderful. <3

If it were me, I would have left the man as soon as I realized he wouldn't do a damn thing to help with the child. Even if I didn't leave then, the snooping would have definitely been the sign to leave. But that's just me. :P

But seriously, if he doesn't even respect you, why do you stay? Though he may not be physically abusive, it sounds like the control and lack of respect are signs of abuse, in my book.

I wouldn't say there's much wrong with playing videogames, as I myself am an avid gamer, but completely ignoring his own child is ridiculous. I think the staying up late I can personally deal with because I stay up way too late for my own good anyway. But does he work? It sounds like you do all the work, even when it comes to an actual paying job. (whoops, I somehow missed when you said he relaxes before work)

Really, though, even though you love him, it seems like that's a common thing in abusive relationships: they get you back by acting sweet and loving and you convince yourself that "it's not that bad". You should probably tell him that if he doesn't get his act together, you're leaving. :\ Is there any other family you have that can help you with the baby so you can keep working, though? I wouldn't leave until you're sure of how you'll fair.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I have a strong feeling I may have to wait until September (when students go back) to find a job because really... I am not getting a lot of bites to my applications or resumes. This is frustrating and heartbreaking. I need to fix a problem - financial based but I can't without someone saying - you're hired. (no advice needed)

Edited by Starscream

I have a strong feeling I may have to wait until September (when students go back) to find a job because really... I am not getting a lot of bites to my applications or resumes. This is frustrating and heartbreaking. I need to fix a problem - financial based but I can't without someone saying - you're hired. (no advice needed)

//hugs// Aw bae, I'm sorry sad.gif

I really hope you can find a job! Fingers crossed, good luck and keep looking! <3 //sends you good luck and happy vibes//

Aw that stinks :c

I think the job market is just terrible for everyone right now. Hopefully some opportunities will open once all the summertime jobs clear out because of people returning to school c:

Some days ago, my dad came to visit us, some hours ago later that day(one or two) he said he is going to go to buy some (the things that smokers smoke, not sure what is it in english), he went to the store and didn't come back, now today i heard my mum on her telephone, talking to my dad's sister, i think they talked about my dad. I asked who they talked about and was it dad, mum said: "You have sharp ears." "No, we didn't talk about dad."

But i heard she said: "......He went to go to the store and didn't come back and he didn't say goodbye to kids......."

I am worried.

Some days ago, my dad came to visit us, some hours ago later that day(one or two) he said he is going to go to buy some (the things that smokers smoke, not sure what is it in english), he went to the store and didn't come back, now today i heard my mum on her telephone, talking to my dad's sister, i think they talked about my dad. I asked who they talked about and was it dad, mum said: "You have sharp ears." "No, we didn't talk about dad."

But i heard she said: "......He went to go to the store and didn't come back and he didn't say goodbye to kids......."

I am worried.

Why in the world would your mom keep you in the dark about your own dad? Do you have your dad's number? Or his sisters? Call yourself and find out what's going on. I would.

I am worried.

//hugs// Aw bae, I'm sorry sad.gif Has something happened?

I would suggest asking your mom about this, but if she refuses to tell you there may be a dark reason why. Poke around, but try not to get anyone angry or discover anything too bad.

If all else fails, trying calling your dad's sister? Explain that you're worried.

Maybe your dad just left? She could be talking about someone else. Anyway, keep us updated and good luck! <3 I hope things are okay smile.gif //hugs//

I'm getting really burned out from work, I feel like my schedule is somehow magically made fully to stop me from being able to talk to some of the really important people in my life. Because of timezones, the only times we overlap tends to be later at night, but the only day off I have now I have to wake up really early to open at work the next day, so I CAN'T stay up and talk to them.

It's killing me, and I feel like a terrible friend since I'm never available anymore. Like, part of me is afraid they think I'm avoiding them even though more logically I'm certain they understand that I just literally have not been able to be online the way I used to because of the hours they have me working...

But it still kills me, I just want to talk to the people I care about again, but I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get a chance to... And every time I get off work early, again, I have to open the damn store the next day.

That, or I work late and am then too exhausted to get on even if I don't open the next day, so it's like I can't win either way. If I close, I'm too tired to do anything but zone out and go to sleep, and if I open I have to go to bed early so I can get up for work.

(Doesn't help that when we talk we tend to talk all night my time, and if I have to get to work at like noon or 2, then I can't be up ALL night because I still need SOME sleep...)

But it's starting to feel like I'll never get to talk to or RP with them again...

I'm getting really burned out from work, I feel like my schedule is somehow magically made fully to stop me from being able to talk to some of the really important people in my life. Because of timezones, the only times we overlap tends to be later at night, but the only day off I have now I have to wake up really early to open at work the next day, so I CAN'T stay up and talk to them.

It's killing me, and I feel like a terrible friend since I'm never available anymore. Like, part of me is afraid they think I'm avoiding them even though more logically I'm certain they understand that I just literally have not been able to be online the way I used to because of the hours they have me working...

But it still kills me, I just want to talk to the people I care about again, but I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get a chance to... And every time I get off work early, again, I have to open the damn store the next day.

That, or I work late and am then too exhausted to get on even if I don't open the next day, so it's like I can't win either way. If I close, I'm too tired to do anything but zone out and go to sleep, and if I open I have to go to bed early so I can get up for work.

(Doesn't help that when we talk we tend to talk all night my time, and if I have to get to work at like noon or 2, then I can't be up ALL night because I still need SOME sleep...)

But it's starting to feel like I'll never get to talk to or RP with them again...

//hugs// Aw, bae, I'm sorry sad.gif

Can you simply PM them? Then they can answer back whenever they want and you can answer when you're available. That way, you can still talk despite not being on at the same time!

//hugs// Don't feel bad about this; you're correct, they understand that you're busy! You have a life to lead and sometimes it will be very busy. Just treasure the small amounts you can spend with them; I'm sure they understand!

Once again, could you use PMs or just make a post for anyone to respond to when they have time? I know it's not as good as front to front chatting when someone's online, but it's at least something. smile.gif I did that with my best friend when she became really busy due to extra classes!

//hugs// Good luck, bae. Try not to stress too much and please take care of yourself! I'm sure it's okay, they understand that you're very busy. ^^ Best wishes! <3

We do do the messages we can reply to later thing, but it's never quite enough which makes me sad. I hate having that be the ONLY way we can actually talk these days. Especially since with some of the people we both tend to get long-winded and I honestly don't have the energy or time for a 2-page message haha.

I just... Worry becuase i feel like I can't keep up the work I've been doing without crashing and burning fairly soon.

Is there any way you can talk to your boss to negotiate hours? o3o You could explain your situation. Of course, make sure you say that if it doesn't work, then that's okay. Employers would usually rather not worry about special cases, I think.

//hugs// Aw bae, I'm sorry sad.gif Has something happened?

I would suggest asking your mom about this, but if she refuses to tell you there may be a dark reason why. Poke around, but try not to get anyone angry or discover anything too bad.

If all else fails, trying calling your dad's sister? Explain that you're worried.

Maybe your dad just left? She could be talking about someone else. Anyway, keep us updated and good luck! <3 I hope things are okay smile.gif //hugs//

The reason why i don't call him or his sister, is because his battery is dead, and i don't have his sister's number.

Why in the world would anyone left like that?

Is there any way you can talk to your boss to negotiate hours? o3o You could explain your situation. Of course, make sure you say that if it doesn't work, then that's okay. Employers would usually rather not worry about special cases, I think.

Sadly, not really. The reason I have so many hours and am getting the shifts I'm getting is because I'm the only one with my position--there's not really anybody to split the work with until my boss either promotes somebody or hires another person.

Sadly said boss is dragging their heels (and did so for the longest time the last two times we were in this position...) doing that. But until then, there's not really anything that can be done done.

There's no way to maybe work early one day and then work later the next, giving you a good long window? Like maybe around the day you get off, ask if the day after it could be a later shift, so you don't have to wake up as early?

Again, sadly not really. My boss is the sort who... Doesn't exactly care about working around schedules that aren't their own. It's causing one co-worker to have more health issues due to stress and drove several people to quit. Which, incidentally, is why I'm the only one in my position...

We do do the messages we can reply to later thing, but it's never quite enough which makes me sad. I hate having that be the ONLY way we can actually talk these days. Especially since with some of the people we both tend to get long-winded and I honestly don't have the energy or time for a 2-page message haha.

I just... Worry becuase i feel like I can't keep up the work I've been doing without crashing and burning fairly soon.

//hugs// I'm sorry, bae. I hope things get better soon and you have better hours! <3

I really hope your boss hires someone else soon. Can you explain to them that your frequent hours are making you stressed?

The reason why i don't call him or his sister, is because his battery is dead, and i don't have his sister's number.

Aw, I see. I'm sorry about that!

//hugs// I wish I knew bae, I'm sorry. I hope he returns! <3 People can be mysterious.

But it's starting to feel like I'll never get to talk to or RP with them again..

In my world, Kagasora, it's business before pleasure and were I ever to get into another relationship, they'd have to get it or head on down the road. Simple as that. If important people in my life gave me grief or whined about the fact that I have other obligations and couldn't spend all my time with them, I'd be sorely disappointed.

That being said, you have to ask yourself some hard questions. How important is this job to you? Is it 'just' a meaningless job, or is it an important one that could lead to a career or is already your career? And if it's important, what's MORE important? Keeping it, moving up the ladder, paying your bills...or RPing with some internet buddy? To me, the answer is obvious. Is RPing with this friend of yours important enough that you'd look for another job? If so, keep your old one until you find another. If not, then accept that this is how it is and spending more time RPing online just isn't in the cards. Is this internet friend willing to change their schedule, routine or life around to accommodate YOU?

I don't know anything about your hiring circumstances, but all employers ask when you can be available. What did you say to that? Did you give time restrictions or did you tell them you could work anytime? If you said you could work anytime then that's what your boss fully expects.

I was married to a career military man. He loved what he did...flying helicopters. He was deployed sometimes a year at a time or more. Other times he'd be gone 3-6 months through the year. I knew it going in. Did the government care that I was sitting alone and pretty much a single parent a lot of the time? No. And I knew what was up going in so there was nothing for me to complain about. This internet buddy of yours should fully understand that paying bills comes before RPing. And if they don't, that's telling you something.

Edited by MedievalMystic

Does your mom have an address book with phone numbers you could look up his sister's number in? Maybe she has the number memorized, but people tend to keep records either on their cell phone or in a address book (both my parents have address/phone books themselves and I used them all the time).

*hugs* I hope your dad returns soon.

Again, sadly not really. My boss is the sort who... Doesn't exactly care about working around schedules that aren't their own. It's causing one co-worker to have more health issues due to stress and drove several people to quit. Which, incidentally, is why I'm the only one in my position...

*hugs* I'm sorry your boss is so tough. Have you tried sitting down with them and explaining that your position right now is burning you out and that hiring another person is really necessary for work to continue to get done at an optimum rate? Loss of productivity is something any boss should be aware of, and take steps to avoid, even if it means picking up their feet and hiring a new employee. Since others have quit I doubt you are over-staffed or there isn't money to hire another. If this job pushes you to the point of breaking under the stress, your boss is going to lose yet another employee and if they care about their company they should come to reason.

Hope things work out, and until you can speak with your friends again, keeping PMing. You are not a terrible friend, you are trying to make a living. Good friends will understand you are in a rough spot right now and offer their support. <3

Now a quick whine on my part - my right wrist and arm - continues to ache a lot. I think my left is getting better but it feels like my right is getting worse and I'm really worried that something permanent has happened. I don't have a car or anyone I feel comfortable asking for a ride to the doctor's office and I also don't know if my insurance (I am still on my mom's because of my age) covers extra visits to the doctor (I know it covers one check-up a year and also one dentist's visit a year). If it was the school year I could at least visit the school nurse but it's summer so even that option isn't available and I'm getting scared. Yesterday I cut myself off almost completely from computers once I got home from work, but I do use computers at work and I need the money so I don't want to ask for time off from the job - it's already bad enough that they hired me as summer help and I can't even lift anything right now, which creates extra work for them (for example: I was setting up a printer a few days ago and had to ask a coworker to lift it out of the box). I also keep forgetting to take ibuprofen and I meant to make up an ice pack using a damp washcloth and a plastic sandwich bag last night but it slipped my mind. I also have no clean clothes (well shorts or pants anyway...) because my boyfriend keeps going to town either too late to stop at his bank or forgets and we need quarters to do laundry. I don't have a bank in town and I don't have any other way of getting quarters... Hannafords sometimes will give you them but not always and last time my boyfriend tried to get some from them they shorted him several dollars' worth...

I'm going to try to walk to town this afternoon and try to get quarters from Hannafords (I always remember to count my change tongue.gif), maybe get something to eat too that isn't a sandwich (we can't cook in our housing situation so all we eat are sandwiches and cereal and I am so tired of eating peanut butter every single day... I wanted to see HTTYD2 tonight and I don't feel up to it now because I didn't sleep well yet again last night and my arm won't stop aching and the wrist brace I bought isn't the right kind of support I need so I have to go spend more money on a better one. I just want to curl up and cry right now. sad.gif

Now a quick whine on my part - my right wrist and arm - continues to ache a lot. I think my left is getting better but it feels like my right is getting worse and I'm really worried that something permanent has happened. I don't have a car or anyone I feel comfortable asking for a ride to the doctor's office and I also don't know if my insurance (I am still on my mom's because of my age) covers extra visits to the doctor (I know it covers one check-up a year and also one dentist's visit a year). If it was the school year I could at least visit the school nurse but it's summer so even that option isn't available and I'm getting scared. Yesterday I cut myself off almost completely from computers once I got home from work, but I do use computers at work and I need the money so I don't want to ask for time off from the job - it's already bad enough that they hired me as summer help and I can't even lift anything right now, which creates extra work for them (for example: I was setting up a printer a few days ago and had to ask a coworker to lift it out of the box). I also keep forgetting to take ibuprofen and I meant to make up an ice pack using a damp washcloth and a plastic sandwich bag last night but it slipped my mind. I also have no clean clothes (well shorts or pants anyway...) because my boyfriend keeps going to town either too late to stop at his bank or forgets and we need quarters to do laundry. I don't have a bank in town and I don't have any other way of getting quarters... Hannafords sometimes will give you them but not always and last time my boyfriend tried to get some from them they shorted him several dollars' worth...

I'm going to try to walk to town this afternoon and try to get quarters from Hannafords (I always remember to count my change tongue.gif), maybe get something to eat too that isn't a sandwich (we can't cook in our housing situation so all we eat are sandwiches and cereal and I am so tired of eating peanut butter every single day... I wanted to see HTTYD2 tonight and I don't feel up to it now because I didn't sleep well yet again last night and my arm won't stop aching and the wrist brace I bought isn't the right kind of support I need so I have to go spend more money on a better one. I just want to curl up and cry right now. sad.gif

Can you call your mom and ask about the insurance? What about a taxi to the doctor? Can your bf take a day off and take you?

I would recommend getting some of those pain patches, along with aspirin or whatever. They help a lot. Some are hot, some cold.

And, why can't you cook? O_o I'm just curious. I've never heard of an apartment or whatever without a stove... I wish there was more I could do to help you. Can you use a camp stove? Those run on propane and you could cook a wide variety of things on that and small ones aren't too expensive. Since I don't know any details about your situation it's hard to give good advice. I'm sorry, Moon.

This stove is $25 and runs on butane. At least you could cook some things that weren't sandwiches.

Camp Stove

Edited by MedievalMystic

Can you call your mom and ask about the insurance? What about a taxi to the doctor? Can your bf take a day off and take you?

I would recommend getting some of those pain patches, along with aspirin or whatever. They help a lot. Some are hot, some cold.

And, why can't you cook? O_o I'm just curious. I've never heard of an apartment or whatever without a stove... I wish there was more I could do to help you. Can you use a camp stove? Those run on propane and you could cook a wide variety of things on that and small ones aren't too expensive. Since I don't know any details about your situation it's hard to give good advice. I'm sorry, Moon.

This stove is $25 and runs on butane. At least you could cook some things that weren't sandwiches.

Camp Stove

I can try calling tonight but I can't always reach my family right now - they're in Canada on vacation and only have a cell phone, which for some reason never rings when I call. Taxis are expensive. I could probably walk, it's just very hot out right now and I have issues with overheating, not to mention the aforementioned concern about the insurance. But I'll try to reach my mom tonight. My boyfriend will be fired if he misses another day of work, due to taking a couple days off with minimum notice and having a strict boss, and he doesn't have a vehicle either.

Pain patches are a good idea! I've been taking ibuprofen but something that would stay on my wrist and stay cold would be a real help. I had to run back to my room again for more ibuprofen a little while ago and just ten seconds of running cold water over my wrist made it feel a bit better... My boss has suggested that the humidity might be aggravating the injury. >.<

I can't cook because the only housing I could get for the summer was on-campus, and apparently last year people (I am talking about clients who rent campus space during the summer, not staff) made such a mess that this year clients aren't allowed to cook. And since my housing option was a last minute, sort of under-the-table deal, we were given strict orders not to cook, because it would be "opening a can of worms" with other housemates. Once it a while my boyfriend and I will sneak a burrito or a plate of chips and cheese into the microwave, but if we get caught we might get evicted and that can't happen. My boss offered me this epic Foreman's(?) grill she has to use for the summer, but we can't even use it in our room, as it is against house rules, so campstoves are a no as well. Especially given how strict they are about flames here, since there is a National Park nearby and the campus almost completely burned to the ground once in the past.

Thanks for the advice though, I will look for those patches when I get to the store tomorrow, I think something like that would really help. smile.gif

//hugs// Aw bae, I'm sorry to hear that sad.gif It's good your left wrist is getting better, but MM had some good points; pain patches and the such. I really hope you can reach your family soon! <3

//hugs// I'm so sorry things have been going so badly lately sad.gif I really hope everything clears up soon! <3

Remember to drink lots of water to keep yourself keep hydrated while you walk, good luck!

Could you try to explain to whoever manages your housing that you need to be able to cook? Without cooking you can only eat basic foods or go out to eat, and that's really not a way to live at all. You're not like last year's tenants and you're not going to make a mess--I don't see why they have to make you suffer for something someone else did.

//hugs// There, there. I really hope everything gets better soon, best wishes! <3 Good luck with your wrist--do you know what caused the sudden pain?

Also, if all else fails and it pains you too much, walk-in clinics are helpful as well. smile.gif Good luck! <3

UGGGGGG! I just seem to be having one of THOSE days today.

IT just seems like any mistake I COULD make I am making this morning. Add to that the fact that , tommorrow, I have an appointment I am not exactly looking forward to AND the fact that I was dumb and bred my GoN for an Avatar when I was locked so that it autoed.... Just a rotten day so far. mad.gif