RavenWolf1010

The Avengers

The soft beeping of Natasha's alarm clock woke her up. It was 6:15, the time that she always woke up at. Immediately alert, she stepped out of bed and flicked the switch on the clock to turn off the alarm. She got dressed in jeans, a white shirt, and a black cardigan, then brushed her teeth and ran a wide-tooth comb through her hair. A knife, hidden mostly hidden by the long cardigan, was strapped to her hip.

When she was finished, she started to head down to the kitchen to find some breakfast. Before she could get there, however, she almost ran into Bruce turning around the corner. She could immediately tell that something was wrong by looking at his face. "What's going on?" she asked, frowning slightly. Finding out what the problem was, and finding out quickly, was essential. She didn't have any weapons with her, aside from the knife, so she'd probably have to grab those. Even if it wasn't currently a combat situation, she could end up in a fight.

((I'm sorry, this post is terrible and short and late.))

Clint jogged after the Captain, quiet in his own thoughts as well. Was Tash gonna come with? He and Natasha were always partners, and he now expected it to be that way. They were two halves of a whole. She fought up close and personal, while Clint preferred to fight at a distance. She used her charm to single out victims while he waited for the perfect time to strike. They worked in complete silence together, their commands and statements told through movements and glances. Once outside, Clint slipped his purple-tinted sunglasses on. This 's what I'm thinking. From what I can gather, he's invisible. The marvels o' science here- He wiggled his sunglasses with a finger. -Can detect heat signatures. 'S gonna be hard, but I'm gonna try to pick him out that way. If only Loki hadn't slipped into the crowds of New York. Loki couldn't get too far with that injury, so he had to be moderately close. Now it was just time to find him.

Through the eyes of the heat-sensing sunglasses, it was rather obvious where Loki was. Following his leap through the window that had cleverly been designed by an illusion, the god had stumbled forward several steps. No sooner than he had, he turned sharply and retreated backwards, sitting down next to the window. That was where he still was, sitting and cradling his leg in his hand. And that was it. No running, no attacking. Just sitting. He was worried about testing the boundaries of the cuffs so he had decided to stay as close to the tower as he could manage without returning entirely.

"So did all three of us," Peter pointed out with a frown as he held up his own torn suit. He hadn't been spared a nick from the window. "Besides, do gods even bleed red? Pretty sure if I was a god, I'd have different color blood. Like gold or something.

Wayde shugged. No idea, but it's a start, right? You haven't been down this way? Deadpool began beating on doors. UP AND AT EM'. COME ON OUT MR. MADMAN. WE GOT YOU SURROUNDED.

The woman peered inside, seeing nothing. Hadn't one of them said something about Loki being able to be invisible? Jean moved slowly and carefully; she had to keep her wits about her. Loki could still be in the room, just hidden to the naked eye. She mentally swore, not thinking to grab a pair of thermal imagers from Tony's lab.

Bruce skidded to a halt as Natasha rounded the corner, eyes wide before he shook it off. He wasn't so easily spooked anymore. "Loki came back from Asgard to serve some like of community service, and he's escaped, predictably," he answered, fiddling with the sleeves of his button down. He didn't fear Natasha, but she seemed to fear him sometimes, which made talking to her a bit awkward for him. A lot of people were scared of Bruce, but the difference was that he didn't see them every day. "The rest of the team is out chasing him; Cap needs you. I'm going to get Tony," he added, pointing in the direction that Loki had fled.