RavenWolf1010

The Avengers

"I'm all for Thor taking the reigns on this one. I doubt I would be good at controlling someone else and reprimanding them," Bruce agreed, watching Steve rummage for food. His lips quirked in amusement at the comment about computers. "Don't let Tony hear you say that, or else he'll make you sit down with him and teach you everything," he joked before lifting the mug to his lips to drink again. It gave him a moment to also think about Steve's next question. "I'm not sure, I don't know many people. I think she may be associated with Doctor Xavier, but beyond that I'm no help. To be honest, I'm not sure why she's here. If it's to help, I guess we can't push her away. That's just my opinion though. You know how I feel about crowds of supercharged people." He hid his self-deprecating smile behind his tea.

((If I want to play as Spiderman, do I need to fill out a form? Because I've settled on Spiderman.))

((Nah.

I'll try Deadpool if you're going to do Spider-Man. Feel free to tell at me if I do something wrong. I know Deadpool's personality, but I haven't seen him a lot.

I'd just made one for Jean because no one really knows her. xd.png))

He chortled at Bruce's Stark comment. It was right, he probably would. Doctor Xavier? Steve rubbed his brows. So many doctors... What is with that? Yeah, you and I both. If she is looking to help... I guess we could let her join. But we need to find out more about her. I'll ask Tony to look into the 'Doctor Xavier', and see what he can find on Jean. Rodgers rose to his feet and discarded the Twinkie wrapper. As he riffled through cabniets, he was a bit lost to the colorful brands of food items. However, a few, like Twinkies he recognized. What in the world is a Poptart?

Clouds swirling around in strange ways and bright flashes of light suddenly descending down from the clouds was a clear and obvious sign something was up. Maybe it was something completely normal but in New York, it was very unlikely. It always seemed like some new baddie was popping up and causing some trouble with flashy light shows. That sure looked like a flashy light show. Hell, there were two flashy light shows! Something had to be up and it was his job to check it out.

A thin, web-like thread shot out of his hand and stuck firmly onto a building nearby. In an instant, he was off, swinging forward on the thread like some kind of city Tarzan. It was such a great feeling flying through the air. It almost made him forget about the fact practically everyone in New York hated him. Why was that anyway? Really, what did people have against him? He helped people, stopped people who would hurt him. But while they idolized people like the Fantastic Four, he was treated less than dirt. Ugh, it made him so mad sometimes! But he stayed with it for some strange reason or another. He just couldn't seem to drop helping people. Sure it was for the better of society but one of these days, he was really going to hurt himself or someone was going to hurt him.

A few more shots was all it took for him to launch himself forward and land on a building near where the light had come from. None of the other buildings were quite as tall as the one looming before him. Stark towers? This was like, the biggest display of cash he had ever seen. Why was it people felt the need to throw money around like that? Didn't they know there were poor photographers who had difficulty even patching their Spider suit up? Like, really Tony Stark? How many jets did he even own? "Probably ten," He muttered. "Probably more than ten," He added to himself before his attention was caught by movement on an outside balcony. He squinted slightly and jumped to a closer building. Thankfully, the balcony was not at the top of the building so it was easier to see the three figures up there. Billowing capes, suits of strange armor. Huh. Quickly, Peter pulled out his camera and used the zoom to try to get a better look at the figures there. Hey, wait a second! He moved the camera away from his eyes, a frown on his face. He knew one of those guys! There had been a strange invasion and, according to the news, it was the fault of that black and green dude standing up there, having a perfectly normal chat with the other two.

Now he had messed up in the past before by incriminating the wrong fellow but considering he was standing on Iron Man's tower, it most likely wasn't a prank. There was a fairly good chance this was the same guy who trashed his city! Well, he wasn't going to take this lightly. Raising his hand, he aimed briefly before firing a web off.

"False," Loki retorted immediately. "Asgardians have always talked like this. A brief connection in the past caused your people to follow our spee-" He did not finish before he was suddenly yanked backwards by an unseen force. Shocked, he slipped off the balcony and fell briefly through the air before coming to a sudden stop by another building. Looking upwards, he could see a strange figure wearing red and black and completely preposterous outfit crouched on a pole sticking out from the building above. A white thread was connected to his back up to the stranger's hands and, with fantastic strength, he was being pulled upwards by the string. But instead of really caring about that, he was focused more on the fact his close proximity with the bracelets was probably in question. How far was the limit? He didn't feel any different but he was a decent distance away. So how far could he actually go?

The woman was about to retort, but then Loki disapeared. She looked to Thor, then raced to the edge, looking over the railing. What in the hell?! Hey Thor, grab one of those things and let's go before he gets into trouble. Jean grinned, climbing over the edge. She stood precariously on the railing, balancing. Wind tossed her hair, and whistled in her ears. Then a gust of wind pushed her forward. The woman fell with a smile, flipping mid-air. After free-falling for a few seconds, her decent slowed, and she hovered. Finding Loki was easy. She simply let the tendrils of her telepathy ooze out into the city around her. A few million sub-consciousness popped up, but she filtered them through to angry, slightly sadistic, and disdainful outlook on life. There. She glided towards them. Is... Spider-man?!

Peter left the strange man to dangle a few feet below the pole, keeping him attached there with the thread stuck to the man's back. He didn't usually go for such wild tactics but if he was right, what was this guy doing on Tony Stark's roof? Back for round two with the famous Iron Man? "Hey," He called out, his voice muffled through the mask as he stuck the thread to the pole and moved over to the building itself. He crawled down slightly, his hands and feet sticking to the surface as he carefully observed the man. "Are you responsible for trashing my city with that army of aliens?" The man didn't seem too surprised or shocked by his current predicament, despite the fact he was hanging from a spider thread. Instead, calculating eyes glanced over the stranger sticking to the wall.

"I am," Loki replied flatly, much to Spiderman's complete surprise.

"What?" The mask-wearing hero asked as he crouched slightly on the wall. He hadn't expected people to just... admit to something like that. Well, a confession was a confession. He wasn't going to argue. But did he just hand the guy over to the police or something? He wasn't exactly a normal criminal and what was he doing back here anyway? He started to raise his web blasters to completely bind the freaky dude when a tingling set in at the base of his skull. Immediately, he jumped back up onto the roof and looked up into the air, readying himself for a fight. His spider sense was never wrong! There was someone else here. His gaze quickly locked on a girl flying above him, quickly moving down towards them. Thinking it was an accomplice, he raised his hands slightly to shoot her down. But she seemed shocked, even confused and he slowly lowered his weblasters.. "Well, yeah," He replied at her shock. "Are there other masked heroes running around, kicking it to the bad guys with some webs? Pretty sure I'm the one and only. But, if I'm wrong, I would really appreciate if you pointed me in the direction of whoever is stealing my gig. Because I'll sue for copyright."

Jean chuckled. No, there's no one could top you, Spidey. Jean, was indeed a fan of Spider-man. However, ironically, she hated spiders. Like much of the internet always suggested, to burn the 'Spawn of Satan', Jean would take careful precautions to ensure the arthropod didn't return. By setting it ablaze. And then sending it to another dimension.

Wolverine had never seemed to take to Spider-man, and that'd always amused Jean. His favorite insult was, "A man running around in red and blue spandex-" she stopped the thought there. He wasn't always appropiate. Why'd you take Loki there? We were kind of trying to fix his leg. She shot a glare at him. Her look was one of knowing, that he was still in pain. If you got beef with him, I'm afraid you'll have to take a number. It was quite amusing to see the 'Almighty Loki- Ruler of Worlds' stuck to a wall with spiderweb, and Jean had to suppress another laugh. However, a grin did find it's way to the surface.

Wayde stretched and scratched his armpit. Without taking his eyes from the TV, he rummaged through the litter of old pizza boxes, beer cans, and candy wrappers. He scooped up a few of the cans, giving each a shake. He found one with some liquid left, and then lifted it to his mouth. Damn shame I can't get drunk. This would make this cable static a lot more interesting. After emptying the can, he tossed it to the side. He sighed, sinking down into his chair. This was boring.

Lightning lit up the sky overhead, as well as the dingy apartment he resided in. Soon after, it was followed by a clap of thunder. Now that's interesting. He hopped up and strutted to the window. Clear to stormy in seconds? Something cool is going on. Plus, it was over at Stark towers. Bonus? I think so. He swung himself out the window onto the fire escape, stopping momentairily to observe a slick she-human dressing. You should go say hello. The woman looked up and shrieked, chucking a shoe at Deadpool's head. Too late. He dodged easily, smiling behind his mask. Until next time, sweetheart. Got business to attend to. Up, up, and away! He headed up onto the roof, and then hopped gaps between the buildings. Well that went well. You're a terrible influence.

((How's that??

And I'm reading up on Deadpool's appearances and stuff, and good Lord, he his worse than Loki as far as mental stability goes. And I mean... dang. Course you knew that. xd.png

Oh man... I need to step up my crazy game. Other than that, I think we're a good fit...))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Bruce got up to refill his mug from a kettle that sat on the stove, still hot from the tea. "A poptart? It's a sort of breakfast pastry, you put it in the toaster or eat it plain," he explained, heading back to his seat. He didn't make it far however, because he froze halfway there to stare out the window of the kitchen. Loki was dangling by some sort of white substance, which was being held by some sort of arachnid-themed hero. Or possibly a villain. "Good lord," he muttered, pinching the bridge of his nose. This really wasn't his area of expertise. He didn't know how to stop super-people from fighting, nor could he just fly out there and stop them. Bruce was all but useless in this situation. "Steve? You wanna see what's going on out there?" He suggested.

The man set the box down, his brow arching. Wha- oh. That. Is that... Spider-man? Spider-man was actually a rather common superhero in Manhattan, hence the reason Captain America knew him. That, and he'd begun to familiarize himself via books on heroes located in the U.S. Mutants didn't really fall under the category of 'heros'. They were mutants trying to get by. The X-men, however, he knew (but he had yet to connect the fact Jean Grey, the Phoenix, was Marvel Girl at one point).

Well isn't that great? He mumbled. Just how was he supposed to get over there? The wires? And what was Jean doing? The 'First Avenger' headed to his room, putting on his patriotic garb, and grabbed his sheild. The metal hummed with the contact. Light, durable: It was just what the doctor ordered.

As soon as Steve left the kitchen, Clint sulked to the sink. He generally wanted to avoid everyone, but Bruce was okay. The guy had street smarts, and a level head on him. Snatching a rag from the side of the sink, he wet it with cool water and pressed it against his bleeding lip. Damn..he hits hard... He mumbled. The archer sank down in a seat beside Bruce and put his head in his hands. Loki brought back bad memories. Horrors that he had dealt out himself. Look...I'm not wrong in wanting that guy dead...I know I sound violent and vengeful..but...you gotta understand. Clint knew the entire team was judging him. After all, the hot-headed archer had just shot the person they were tasked with guarding.

Bruce glanced up once more to see Clint joining him, appearing a bit worse for wear. He scooted over to make room for the man, automatically leaning a bit closer to observe his injury. It wasn't bad, so he let Clint continue to tend to it himself. "I don't blame you," he agreed quietly, staring into his cup of tea. "I know what it's like to resent someone.. To want revenge. But you can't lower yourself to his level," he pointed out wisely.

Steve came back into the kitchen. He was deep in thought as he rummaged through drawers with his sheild. Without a word, he nodded to himself and left. In the next room, groaning from the floorboards could be heard. He'd cleared the furniture from the doors. Now he began to sprint. Up to the helipad he went, full throttle. He then leapt from the railing, swan diving in the air. Ajusting himself quickly, he braced for impact as he rolled to a stop on the gravel on the roof of the building. Hey! You! With great ease, he maneuvered down to their level, ending up besdie Loki, who was stuck to the wall. What do you think you're doing?! This man is a criminal in multiple-

Oh hush, Captain Liberty. We know. Spidey here just wanted to chat with the mass muderer. Jean crossed her arms, watching Steve. Jean, he needs to be taken back to the Tower.

I'm sure hanging around for a bit isn't going to hurt him.... More. Jean frowned. She still had to convince him to let her look at his leg. Rodgers could be pretty helpful with his knowledge of battlefield treatment. As long as he stopped being so stiff.

Wayde perched on the building ledge. What do we have here, my precious?

Those were two different movies.

Oh whatever. The merc observed a rather attractive she-beast hovering over the street. She was talking to someone, but Wayde couldn't tell who. Well, she's hot. Do you think maybe her and a old merc-

Ha, not a chance. She could be that scientist's twin from the A.I.M.S mission we did when you had to go get your zombie head from another dimension from Savage Land.

So? Doesn't mean she is. I still have a chance. The woman wore leather. Already sexy. You should go get a closer look.

Agreed.

Not just of her butt. Well... her butt too. You are going to be there, aren't you? Might as well. Wayde began to run again, leaping another building. He snatched some cable wires, and used them to Tarazan across the wider street. Wow, what a babe. The woman had fiery red hair, with stark green eyes. Not to mention, a body. Hey look, it's ol' arachnophobia over there.

Whose the guy dressed in the spangly outfit?

Captain America, you dumb censorkip.gif . He's wearing an American flag if it wasn't obvious enough.

What if he's from Mexico and wanted to be patriotic so border control wouldn't boot him back over the border? There was a third man, hidden in the shadow of the building, stuck to the wall. Is that the pretty boy's brother? The one that wrecked New York?

"Well, it's great to meet a fan," Peter replied, smiling under his mask. There were people who actually liked him out there! That was great, especially doing from another hero. Usually it was terrible the way people treated him, ridiculed him. He jerked his thumb in the direction of the man silently dangling nearby, spinning in slow circles. "Well, it all started when I saw that suspicious flash. When I tried to track it down, I saw this guy standing up there. I wanted to have a chat, see if it was actually the guy who sent aliens around wrecking my city a short while ago. So I pulled him down to my level and what do you know, it was him!" His head suddenly began to tingle again and, out of impulse, he jumped backwards as a star-spangled man rolled to on the building nearby, waving his shield about. Aw, he knew that mug! "I'm doing my job," Peter replied pointedly, approaching the pole Loki was dangling from. He eased his foot onto it, watching the two of them carefully. He pointed to himself then gestured to Loki. "Hero. Villain. Aka, this censorkip.gif*** wrecked my city and I'm going to let the police deal with him. That's how we spiders roll." He stepped out onto the pole further, only for his foot to fall straight through the pole. If it hadn't been for his powers, he would have fallen and probably hurt himself. But he managed to stick himself to the wall on his way down and smack into it quite loudly. As he did, the pole shimmered and vanished and the image of Loki vanished as well. The pole, in actuality, had been broken off about halfway through and a window nearby was broken. It wasn't that hard to deduce where the god had gone and that was exactly where Peter was going. Quickly, he scampered up and peered into the window, a frown under his mask. "How come all the guilty ones always run?" He asked with a frown as he swung into the building and quickly went off in pursuit of the god. He had no idea when Loki had made his escape but he wasn't letting the god off lightly. Not when his city got trashed because of him!

((Sorry, sorry, I've been gone for ages and now I could use a recap. I read everything that's happened so far, but I'm still a bit confused as to where everyone currently is and such.))

((Currently:

Spiderman just ran inside a building near Stark Towers. Loki is hidden somewhere, probably inside. Captain America and Jean are standing on the roof of the building the two are in.

Thor's rocking it alone on the balcony of Stark Towers near the Helipad.

Clint and Bruce are inside talking.

Tony's still inside the tower.))

Aaaand this is why he stays at the Tower. She sighed and shook her head. It's easy to track Loki. Unlike Magneto, he didn't have a helmet that blocked her powers. But now she had to filter through a stifling amount of others. If, he got to the street that is. Don't let him hit the street! The woman moved along the outside of the building. Moving quickly, she tied to track the exits. Only two doors, but plenty of windows. Great. I am totally going to get my ass chewed by Rodgers for this.

"Listen, this guy is not mortal. He's a Norse god. Of mischief. He was sent here for 'Community Service'. The Feds are already involved, and agreed to allow Thor, the blonde with the hammer, to address it back in their realm. I respect your wish to bring him to the locals, but it's already been taken care of. Now we need to get him back though."

She hoped Peter would realize that it was her, speaking in his head. Hell, she still hadn't introduced herself.

"Captain, grab Thor, and a cuff if you can. I can only track Loki for so long until my telepathy is exhausted. I'll give you a lift." The man was already hovering in the air unsteadily. Jean moved him back to the landing pad, with a rough landing. Hurry up, she called after him. Make sure- She was interrupted by a howl and a red and black blur nearly knocking her out of the air. What in the he-

Captain hit the ground running. I told them. They didn't listen... He rushed into the kitchen breathless. We got a problem. Bruce, wake up the rest of the team and put them on standby. Clint, you're with me. Loki escaped. Rodgers was already on the move again, heading down the flight of stairs into the street. This wasn't good.

YEEEEHAWW! The merc sailed past the hottie onto the roof. Looks like a party! Mind if I crash in? Sorry I didn't bring any beer. You know, that reminds me. Maybe if you are free-

Shut it. I don't have time for obnoxious... Guys who play dress-up. I'm busy here.

Playing hard to get are we? You like pretty boy's brother, don't ya'?

Bad idea. A ball of fire enveloped him. It burned for a few minutes, then extinguished as Jean moved further away. Ow.

Idiot.

Hey! You're part of me too!

Am I? Wayde's skin was singed, but already regenerating. The suit was tattered, but still wearable. She has fire that one. What if I capture that Norse god guy? Then will she like me?

Great plan. Let's try it. Deadpool grappled down the wall face and swung into a window, much like Peter had. Here Kitty, Kitty, kitty.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

If Loki could hide from the all-seeing Heimdall, he could hide from these few. Humans, even ones with remarkable abilities, could do little compared to Heimdall. Over the years, Loki had worked hard to make himself properly invisible and unseen by anyone. That was what he did now as two men, shortly after each other, jumped into the building he had taken refuge in. The warning of close proximity hung in his mind as he pressed a hand to his side, trying to ignore the throbbing in his leg. Slow, calculated movements caused his other hand to coil about the end of the pole that had been yanked into the building with him. It was attached to the same webbing that clung to his back but the webbing had lost some of its stickiness, making it not too difficult to use the pole as a weapon. The end was jagged enough, either way. But instead of actively hunting down either of the two, he crouched back down in his hind place. He's have to wait until he could be sure someone with one of those cuffs appeared. He'd make an effort to take it from them and then be off on his on.

Peter stopped and turned around as another man sailed into the window, this one wearing a ripped up suit. It was red and black, just like his. So someone was stealing his outfit. But he didn't know who this guy was. Either way, he was probably going to get in the way. "Hey," He called out with a frown as the man called out for his cat. Was he trying to hunt down the god too? "Look, I've got this covered. I don't know what's going on with you but I'm going to nab the guy who trashed my city and take him to some proper authorities. So you should just move along somewhere else so you don't get in my way, got it?"

Not so fast, arachnophobia. Deadpool pounded his chest with a fist. Deadpool bring girl crazy man. Then Deadpool get girl! He grinned, then dove into the hallway. Come out, come out wherever you are! A door splintered as he shoved his foot through. Heeeeereee's Johnny! Nothing. Damn.

Behind you.

Huh? He turned, but saw no one. What?

Jean couldn't sense him anymore. Oh censorkip.gif . This wasn't good. But, if worse came to worse... She could always incinerate the building....

The woman swung through another window. She could hear footsteps above her, but they were from that other guy and Spider-man. Jean was armed with her Telekinikis, telepathy, and Phoenix Force. And then there was her basic hand-to-hand combat training she had... But would it be enough to defend herself agaisnt a god? The Phoneix stiffened, the hairs on the back of her neck standing on end. Someone was nearby. At the end of the hall, one room she'd missed and hadn't checked. Moving as quietly as she could, Grey creeped towards it, and opened it.

((Sorry for the short replies... Multitasking.

And I PM'd you, I don't know if you saw it, pudding? xd.png)$

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Of course, Thor took off after Loki as soon as his brother started running. Bursting through the roof to rest in his hand, he leaped into the air with Mjolnir. Loki! Come back at once! You will not be harmed further! His deep, strong voice thundered outwards towards the city as the god yelled. Though, there was a definite hint of worry to his words. After all, he cared about Loki. Loki was just..misguided. Yeah, that was it.

I know...but...Coulson. No real explanation was needed outside of that. Clint was best friends with Coulson. Though, it didn't appear that way. They used to talk about cars and weapons, like two normal guys. When Clint cleaned his Skycycle, Coulson took care of his cheery red sport's car. The two, along with Natasha, scared SHIELD rookies and deciphered the whereabouts of wanted criminals. I hadn't even gotten to say goodbye... Clint curled his hands into tight fists at the thought. All because of a drama queen Norse God! Squeezing his blue eyes shut in his anger, the archer's tense shoulders trembled. He just couldn't stop venting. Keeping it all in like he usually did was getting to him. I can't even bring myself to start about all the nightmares I've been having! And the things I di-No. I shouldn't be burdening you with this. I've just gotta deal with it myself. His eyes opened yet again as Steve's voice entered the kitchen. He sighed, and glanced up at the Captain. Finally. Something to think about other than self-pity. Rising from his chair, He pulled the bow from his quiver and watched as it snapped open. Yessir. Maybe a little action would clear his head.

Edited by shadow_claw

Bruce would've reached out to touch his shoulder, but touching wasn't something he or people around him were comfortable with, so he settled for a sympathetic look. "I know. I've lost people too, and not been there to stop it or say goodbye. I've done things I couldn't control, and that I regret every day. You just have to keep pushing forward," he murmured, glancing up when Steve entered. It both amused and relieved him that the Hulk hadn't been called out for duty yet, and to be quite honest Bruce didn't want to send him out. "Sure," he replied, a little more casually than Clint, and got up from the bar. "And Clint," he added before they could run out again, "killing him will bring you great satisfaction, but it won't last. And it won't bring Coulson back." He offered the man an apologetic smile and shuffled off to find Tony and Natasha.

Loki clung to the pole tighter as he slowly dragged himself to his feet again. He could hear the voices growing more distant as they searched about. But they wouldn't find him. He wouldn't make himself known until the last minute and then they'd never see him again. This was only what they got for treating him so lightly. He was not down for the count and he certainly wasn't beaten! With a scowl, he peered out of a window and spotted the hovering form of his brother above. Right, as if he would do that. His brother was an idiot and a fool. He looked around again and confirmed no one was near him before standing up straighter. He was patient. He just needed a cuff.

"You're an idiot," Peter replied with a sigh as he brought his palm to his face. He couldn't waste time, he had to track down this homicidal god. He turned and sprinted back down the hallway, quickly checking every room he found. But there was no sign of him. How did a guy like that just vanish? Did nobody even think of stopping him from doing that? Like, really?

Jean frowned with disappointment. It was only a homeless man. Have you-

"Seen that censorkip.gif*** Loki?" The man pointed up. "Hiding out above me, I think." Jean smiled, and pulled out her wallet. "No need. Just take him back to where he came from." The woman nodded and slipped her wallet back into her pocket. With some force, she slid open the window, and floated up, Thor behind her. Was that a flicker of movement she saw? The woman slipped back through the open window and climbed a flight of stairs. Only guessing, she moved over to where she could see Thor through a window, like she had downstairs. Now it was a game of memory. She pushed open one door. Again, nothing. She moved to the next, her hand hovering over the knob. What was she going to do when she found Loki? Talk him out of being evil? No, she needed a POA.

For some time now, despite the fact Jean had been assisting The Avengers, she felt put off, and almost shunned by the elite group. They hadn't even took a second look at her. Her hand tightened into a fist. No wonder Loki didn't like them. Self righteous, full of themselves... Maybe they needed to be taken down a few pegs. What if... What if she tried to join Loki? No, he wouldn't believe her. She could easily show him, with even slight physical contact. Maybe he was smarter, and realized what she had to offer. Or, it could go very bad. She opened the door, and stepped inside.

Rodgers always felt like he weighed down the team with his inability to fly, or climb very well. While he was good with a shield, able to shoot a gun, and fight well hand-to-hand, he wasn't much use in a situation like this. But he had to think of something. Thor can cover the South and West faces of the building in case Loki makes a break for it through one of those windows. Once we get Tony, he can scan for thermal signatures. Clint will be the eyes up high, and Natasha can help incapacitate Loki. He doubted Spider-man would help them. He had his own agenda to fulfill.

Hey what's that? Deadpool looked up. What now?

Is that your blood? Wayde looked down, scanning his body. Nope. Maybe red-head is on her-

That's not what I meant. Could it be that madman's?

I'm pretty sure he wasn't hurt.

He did bust through a window. Wayde strutted forward and bent down, wiping the blood from the floor. It soaked into the red of his suit, but was still visible as a darker red.