RavenWolf1010

The Avengers

((No problem happy.gif))

Taunting, although petty, did seem to only upset the archer even more. His grip tightened on the bag in his hand as Loki spoke. Clint's lip curled ever-so-slightly in a mix of anger and disgust. 'Cause ya don't. Ya never asked for my backstory. But I know it's a helluva lot worse than your pamped little backstory. You were adopted and raised in a cozy life as a prince? I spent every day of my life scrounging for food and training with criminals. So put up or shut up, ya slimy bast-

Enough, Eye of Hawks. Thor's stern voice cut of Clint's furious rant. He walked forward and put a hand on the archer's shoulder. I understand that everyone here had a much rougher life than what my brother and I grew up to. But this made all of you stronger. It is likely that you would not be Midgard's greatest Marksman if it wasn't for this. His gaze slowly drifted from face to face until it finally rested on Steve. I believe that suggestion is wise. Father clearly does not wish any harm to befall Loki yet again, and I believe neither you nor Clint shall take advantage of this power.

What colorful language from quite a large portion of the group. It was comical, really, to watch them flounder about in anger and frustration. But before Clint could continue, Thor interrupted. Thor and the Captain, he was fine with. Clint was not his favorite to hold onto the bangle. He doubted the integrity of the Archer not to abuse whatever ability he would be given. That was why it was probably best to break free of his binds now, before the Archer had a command over... well, whatever the bracelets did.

The guards had vanished completely back up into the Bifrost, leaving Loki stranded on Midgard. The god sighed and closed his eyes very briefly before suddenly snapping his elbows outwards. The jerking motion, accompanied by a brilliant flash of green light, snapped the chains connecting his two handcuffs completely in two. The cuffs were still left on his hands but he was free to actually moved about more easily. The chain connecting his ankles had suffered a similar fate, allowing him to run instead of just shuffle about. But he did not. "Do not be daft," He declared with a scowl, staring down at Clint with distain before glancing over to Thor. "The burdon of a shallow title and lies from birth are far worse than any physical abuse any mortal could ever muster up. As for you..." He turned completely to face Thor, lowering his head slightly so he could properly glare the Thunder god. "You have always failed to understand everything about me. For once, spare yourself from your own ignorance and stop pretending." He cut his words off, glaring rather pointedly at Thor before turning his gaze around to make sure he would not suddenly come under fire from any of those assembled.

Bruce snorted softly at the 'made you stronger' bit. That was the understatement of the year. All of his struggles had just made him into a monster, a kind of stronger that wasn't what Thor was talking about. If anything, it just made he himself weaker. But that was neither here nor there, so he pushed those thoughts away. Despite not wishing to own one of the bracelets, he was infinitely curious about them. "So what happens if you disobey an order? Do they shock you? Or just stop your magic?" He inquired calmly, ignoring all the arguing. He seemed unfazed by the fact that Loki was free, for he stared at him intently with only curiosity in his eyes. He doubted Loki would make a move towards him.

(Edited)

Edited by Sweet_Wyvern

Loki made no attempt to bluff that he knew the answer to Bruce's question. It was simple: He didn't. He turned to look at the Monster briefly before shrugging his shoulders. "Nobody has informed me," He replied. "When I asked, I was greeted with silence and no response. It leads me to think that it is not something pleasant but I can only guess the true nature of the spell. Considering my recent actions, I would not be surprised if it was painful. How else would I be stopped from using magic negatively?"

Jean blinked a few times. This is what he wants. He's instigating. Egging us on. The fire blinked out. Captain looked to Jean. I think Jean is right for once. He saw Loki unchained, and raised a brow. Is this guy supposed to be unchained? He looked around the room. Jean piped up again. You have the cuff thing, right Cap? Use it.

((Loki has no idea that world dominiation is sitting under his nose. Jean is... Flexible. Glad no one gave her a cuff. xd.png ))

"That seems pointless," Loki quickly replied, turning to look at the two. He really did not want to test what the cuffs actually did. He highly doubted it was pleasant and really, what had he done? The handcuffs had been completely pointless once the muzzle was removed as all he needed to do was move his tongue even a little to mutter a spell. As soon as he had been allowed to speak, any other bind would be utterly pointless except one that could not be broken or moved. But little reached that status, save Thor's hammer. "I have not done anything to warrant that but I can guarantee if you do try to use it now, I will respond negatively. You really do not want that."

That was enough for Clint. He was told not to kill the criminal, but the said nothing about hurting him. And if they did, he didn't care. In swift, practiced movements, he had dropped the bag in favor of his bow. Although each step would have taken the average man minutes to properly preform, Hawkeye had loaded, aimed, and released an arrow targeted for Loki's leg. As soon as he had loosed the arrow, however, the archer was lifted by his collar by a furious Thor.

What is the meaning of this, archer?! Stop your plots for revenge at once!

Clint struggled in the burly man's grasp, but ultimately managed to slip free by stabbing Thor in the hand with a throwing knife. Rolling to his feet, Hawkeye remained tensed for a retaliation.

Th' meaning!? He used me as a puppet n' killed one of my best friends! Do I need any other meaning t' cripple your sniveling brat of a brother! The air practically vibrated with the tension between the two men. Clint was justified in his anger, but Thor was as well. With a growl of rage, Thor charged forward to tackle Clint. Clint, in response, slid between his foe's legs and flicked his throwing knives at Thor. It became evident that Clint was much more acrobatic than he allowed others to notice. Hot headed as both men were, it was going to take another to break up the fight.

Jean shrugged. I don't know you on a personal level. But from what I hear from them, you'd be best not seen, nor heard. Course, Odin and I don't share the same views, or sense of humor. So I suppose that's why you're here.

"But don't think for a second I won't light you up and at least try to send you back to the hole you crawled out of."

Jean, you need to leave. This isn't your buisness. The Captain was still frowning. Annoying, thick headed, but smart. Like Peggy. The girl was a liability. As well as they didn't know where she came from. But from what she had said, she shouldn't be around Loki. Who knows what the man was capable of still, despite his rather humorous position.

Jean crossed her arms. I thought you were on my side. The woman then crossed the room, heading into the halls of the Stark towers. Did she know where she was going? No. Was she really invited, or recognized as part of the team here? No to that too. But since the X-men had more or less disassembled, and teaching didn't appeal to her much anymore, she felt she should do something. With a hold on her powers, she could prove useful. In fact, she would just have to prove it. No was not an answer she was looking for.

When a fight broke out between the two men, Steve sighed. Was he the only level-headed one? Hey! Hey!! Break it up! We are on the same team here! So start acting like it. Loki is probably enjoying this. He grabbed Clint by the shoulder. At least, he tried. The man was fickle with his movements. Thor was easier to grab, and Rodgers tried to shove him back. Jesus this guy is heavy. This is what he wants! Don't allow him the pleasure of us squabbling like two kids over marbles.

On a normal day, Loki would have snatched the arrow out of flight, doing his best to look as amazing as possible. That was how a dignified king would have done it. But instead of even managing anything of that nature, he ended up stumbling backwards and falling down, an arrow sticking out of his lower leg. Any attempt to dodge had been completely ruined by a general feeling of weakness. He hadn't felt right in a long time but after his defeat, the feeling had worsened to the point where he couldn't even dodge an arrow. Something was amiss, he simply couldn't put his finger on it. Nor did he care to since he currently had an arrow driven deep into his leg.

Loki collapsed onto one side, his broken shackles clanging about as he held onto his leg tightly, pressing on the injury to try to stop the blood. Everyone seemed to be focusing on the fight breaking out nearby and didn't seem to be paying much attention to him. With a small grunt, he tried to shift himself upright. He managed to shift around enough to wrap his hand around the arrow and try to pull it out.

Jean hadn't left the area outside the door. When fighting broke out, she moseyed back in. She couldn't stay away. While watching Steve try and separate Thor and Hawkeye, she couldn't help but notice Loki. Pity welled up, and she frowned, snatching a nearby blanket, and approaching slowly. You aren't going to shank me, right? The woman bent, watching his efforts. I don't know of any First Aid kits around here, but until I can find gauze, or a proper tourniquet, use this. Jean tossed him a blanket. Why was she helping him? It was the right thing to do. Despite the fact he didn't deserve it. Her hope was it would rub off on him.

The arrow had nicked something important, judging by the blood. At least, it seemed to be important. Thigh wounds seemed to always bleed a lot. By loosing more blood, she assumed he'd grow weaker. The woman wasn't all to familiar with basic first aid and gods. Of course, if she needed to, she could share her life force. It would be a shame if he died before his rehabilitation even began.

((Tony's equivilant of a First Aid kit would be a tool box. *badum-tis* Nothing? Pisha.))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Bruce wisely moved out of the way once the fighting started, having no desire to turn the small situation into a huge, green problem just because he was hit by a stray punch. Instead, he calmly left the room and returned a moment later with what looked to be an extensive medical kit. He avoided the skirmish in the center of the room and approached Jean and Loki, holding his offering aloft. "Why don't you let me look at it? I patch people up all over the world, this is no different," he suggested, a small amount of kindness in his eyes. It was easier to treat Loki like a patient, he knew how to deal with and treat patients. Norse gods, not so much.

As soon as his shoulder was grabbed, Clint spun around to swing at Steve. His fist stopped automatically upon realizing who he was going to attack. Though still obviously pissed, he had enough common sense to know when to stop. With a huff, he turned and stalked towards the steps. A hand remained on his bleeding and busted lip as he walked. I want that arrow back. Unlike most o' ya, my equipment comes outta my paycheck. He grumbled. The archer opened the door leading to the inside and then slammed it shut behind himself. The roof was usually where he went to cool off, but for obvious reasons, he wasn't going to the roof.

Clint out of the room seemed to lessen the tension in the air. Thor took a few cautious steps toward Loki, before pausing and yanking the throwing knife from his hand. Is...how bad is it? He asked in a low voice. Even if Loki didn't care for Thor, Thor most definitely cared for Loki. In his eyes, they were still brothers.

He didn't know what he was doing. That in itself was alarming since Loki was one to always have a plan, always know exactly what was coming next. Sure things strayed from the plan but they usually worked out somewhat well in the end. But he was fumbling about without any idea what he was trying to do. So he was just taking it one event at a time.

The arrow shaft came out rather easily but the head had been left behind. Even so, this was enough for Loki, who rather spitefully snapped the shaft in two before tossing it aside. Ignoring the fact he was bleeding and there was a wad of metal stuck in his leg, he planted both hands on the ground and focused on standing up. He wasn't letting any of them touch him. He didn't care if they wanted to help or not, this situation was humiliating enough and he didn't trust any of them. "That," He declared, looking between Thor, Bruce and the woman. "Is quite enough. I will accept your threats and attacks and hate. But spare me your false kindness and your pity. I do not want it or need it."

Jean stood and shrugged. I figured you didn't want to bleed out... She watched Bruce and Thor. Maybe she should just go home... Hey Blondie, your hands bleeding. Ah, there she was to point out the known obvious. No one was really listening to her anyway? Her eyes fell to the cuffs. Rodgers was standing there, but she could always just- No. They would know she'd taken it. And what interest did she have in reprimanding Loki? Well, yes, she gave suggestions and such. But she really didn't care. The man was evil, through and through. Look at what already happened with him being here for less then fifteen minutes. The god of Mischief. It was literally in his genes to cause problems.

The woman sighed and took up post against the wall, out of the way.

Rodgers watched as the fist nearly collided with his face. He'd braced for impact, but thankfully, it's stopped. I'll try and get your arrow back. Steve stood and watched him leave. Now he faced Thor, who had a bleeding hand. Uh, Thor? Your... Hand... He didn't seem to care. He was to focused on his brother. Bruce was there, and he was a doctor. So his own basic knowledge probably wasn't really needed. Hydra had tended to use weapons that fired some sort of plasma, of which tended to cause burns. At least if anyone catches on fire, I can fix them. Mostly. He cast a wary glance towards Jean. From what he'd seen, she's like a female Bruce. In a way. Her powers reflected her emotions. And she possessed powerful fire abilities. Where'd she come from again? The girl looked sore, pushed out of the way by the team. This wasn't her place here. It was no wonder they were all ignoring her. She didn't belong here. Though he had to admit, her persistence was impressive. Even after Captain had told her to leave... Well here she was again. What are they going to do with her? They aren't going to have her join... Right?

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Bruce frowned when Loki stood up and hissed at him distrustfully, tilting his head ever so slightly. "It's not kindness, its basic human decency. I don't suppose they teach that in Asgard," he replied dryly, one eyebrow slightly raised. Despite what most people thought, he was not a cowering, timid mouse of a man. He was extremely sarcastic and well, sassy, if you got to know him. "You seem to be under the impression that I'm going to try and hurt you, but I can assure you that I won't be turning green today. So, you can either let me see to that," he pointed to the arrowhead, "or you can just keep bleeding all over Tony's tower. I'd like to help, but I'm not going to force you to do anything. That would be wrong." He smiled faintly at his little jibe.

Loki placed a hand over the bleeding injury. Tearing out the shaft had opened up the hole more and caused it to start bleeding much more. The question was how long it would take for the wound to heal on its own, without aid. Sure getting the injury patched was the smarter option, but sometimes he was too stubborn for his own good. Like when he fell from the Bifrost. There was much hesitation as he examined the blood on his hand before closing his hand into a fist. "If this is an attempt to rehabilitate me, it won't work," He declared with a frown. Bad intentions were always hiding behind good actions. That was how the world worked. "I do not need help. I do not care about your human decency, you could at least spare me the lies by treating me like you feel. The Archer is the most honest one among you."

I beg to differ. Jean rolled her eyes, crossing her arms. Anytime you want that fixed, let me know. She mumbled, fiddling with her hair. It's not like I don't have Telekinikis to pull it out. Course that'd still hurt... Jean was still ready to lend Loki life force if he needed it. The blood loss was become more significant, and she could tell his life force was faltering.

Bruce, do you need anything? I don't know if Stark has like a med bay, but I could grab some... stuff... Loki was stubborn. And it didn't look like he was going to let them treat him. So what if he was sedated? We can't just let you die. Now while you may see it as everyone always has an alterior motive, not everyone is like you. Some genuinely want to help. Couldn't Thor talk his brother into letting them help? Loki was smart. He had to realize at some point he was only causing himself grief. This wasn't going to work in his advantage at this point. That's what it was all about, right? Advantage? The man looked to Jean. She had telepathy, maybe she could convince him.

Bruce shook his head in response to Steve's offer. "Thanks, but I have everything I need. I doubt Tony even has proper medical supplies beyond aspirin and bandaids anyway," he replied, his gaze turning to Loki once more. He could understand what it was like to not trust someone, but this man was clearly betrayed in a horrifying way, if he wouldn't even accept first aid. "The way I see it, we got even when the Other Guy smashed you into the floor. I don't really have a grudge to hold. But, it's your decision, so if you change your mind I'll be in the kitchen." With that he turned and walked out, going to make himself a cup of tea.

With Bruce gone, Loki did feel slightly better. He was still surrounded by enemies but Clint and Bruce were gone. That left only a few, one of which was a mystery. He could hold his own against Captain America, or at least had. But with the aid of his brother and the woman, and the fact he was injured, his odds of fighting did not seem so good. Moreover, he could not leave until he managed to secure one of the bangles. That would have to be his goal. "It is the nature of every advanced species to have a motive," he retorted, holding his hand back against his leg as he slowly sat down on the ground. He could attempt to dig out the arrow or stop the bleeding and simply keep it in. That could cause some problems, of course, but he could try to remove it later. He shifted to press both of his hands firmly against the injury and ground his teeth together as golden light took over his palms. Healing spells had never really been useful since there were many people on Asgard who could heal in a flash. As such, he really only knew basic spells like causing his skin to form together to stop bleeding. This didn't do very much in the way of internal bleeding but it made things tidy, at least. To help distract him slightly from the pain he felt holding his hands there, he decided to continue to speak. "I think we are all aware of how silly this game is. Whatever attempted rehabilitation Odin wanted you to preform will fail and I've already proved that bindings are ineffective." He shrugged his shoulders slightly, causing the broken shackles to clatter against the roof. "So what will you do with this information?"

Send you back to Asgard? This wasn't working. There had to be something he could do. Steve looked around the room, his eyes falling on a half empty bottle of scotch. Maybe... He never saw Loki drink though; And probably wouldn't take it if offered to him. If Odin sent you here though, it had to be because he saw something in you. What that is, is beyond me. He faced Thor. This is still... above my head. As well as I'm out of ideas, not to mention I haven't eaten yet. He followed Bruce's path to the kitchen. We won't be too far away if you need us.

Jean watched as Steve left, leaving just Thor, Loki, and herself. Man, you are one self-righteous ***. He wouldn't even let them help. You should at least let one of us fix your leg so while your out trying to rule the humans again you aren't hobbling around like a pirate. Men.

Bruce glanced over the top of a cup of tea at Steve as he entered the kitchen. "That went well," he greeted wryly, taking a sip of tea as he sat at the counter. It was good to take a moment and just ignore everything that was nagging at him. He wasn't particularly troubled with anything, but Loki's presence among them was cause for serious thought. How long would he stay? How quickly would he try to escape? It concerned him that the team could be in danger, simply because he had a certain compassion for all living things. He despised killing. "What do you intend to do about this?" Bruce inquired. Steve was the leader after all.

((I want to take either Spider-Man or Deadpool and I can't decide which.))

"And you have a vocabulary worse than the bloodthirsty Chitauri soldiers I had to babysit. And they had the intellect of children, at best." Loki scowled as he moved his hands away from his wound, revealing that the skin had healed over. But underneath, it still throbbed with pain and blood. Not letting onto this, he slowly stood up and wiped his hands off on his cape, shaking his head slightly. "The injury has been dealt with. Better than any mortal could manage." Deciding to ignore Jean now, he turned to Thor. "And what do you intend to do? The Archer has already expressed he had a revenge plan. Will you entrust the final bracelet to him?"

The man ran his fingers through his hair. This is... Over our heads. I think Thor should be the one calling the shots on this one. He knows Loki best, as well as how this all works. I mean, enchanted cuffs? I barely know how to work a computer. He grabbed a Twinkie. Not the healthiest of choices for breakfast, but it was nice for a taste of his 'past'. What do you think of that Jean girl though? If she's as powerful as she says, we shouldnt let her around him. Where'd she comes from, anyways? I've never seen her around here.

((You should totally do Deadpool! I will reply for Jean later. Pressed for time right now.))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

((I'm just not sure I can pull off Deadpool's sheer awesomeness to the max. I can do Spidey but Deadpool is a whole different ball game. They're best together, though. Someone's gotta do the other.))

((I'm in the same position with Loki and Thor. I'm happy to try Spidey and expand/ practice my abilities... Or Deadpool. I love Deadpool, but I don't know his as well as Loki and Thor either.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get Jean to convince Loki to let her help him. No one listens to her anyway though. xd.png

Do you think I'm doing them well? Should I change anything? ))

Says the person who talks as though they are from the eighteen-hundreds. You couldn't hide much from Jean. She was telepathic after all. Pain still rolled off Loki in waves, but she said nothing. What were the almighty Avengers going to do with the very enemy they defeated, plopped down on their doorstep, now injured? He wasn't willing to change. But maybe with time, and the right person that appealed to him...