RavenWolf1010

The Avengers

The faintest hint of a smile formed under the muzzle Loki was wearing but he kept his back turned to the woman and Rodgers. The only sound that came from him was a small jingling as he tested the chains tied to him, only to quickly stop when he was prodded by a guard. A warning, perhaps? He'd wait to test it further.

"There are supposed to be five of you besides Thor," The guard responded, ignoring the angry words from the pacing woman. "We were told at least three should be present before we explain anything."

Rodgers shook his head. It's six A.M. What do you expect? Everyone is asleep.

Oh good God, Rodgers, go find and Clint and Natasha, Thor too. Shs watched as he disapeared. Jean folded her arms, watching the guards. What's it like on Asgard? She was skeptical; And terrible at small talk. Her eyes narrowed at Loki. Evil, maniacal, powerful, a god. What do they have planned for him? Community Service? Surely they don't think that they are going to get the likes of him to do something that... Ridiculous.

The guards remained stiffly set in place when Steve ran off to go wake the others. Loki watched out of the corner of his eye as Steve left before looking down at his handcuffs again. He'd given it a short time. A few more minutes and he'd test them again. Not to actually test for cracks or anything but rather to see how much give he could get from the guards. How would they respond, that was the real question.

"Asgard is fine," one guard responded stiffly.

((Cool! And you got it Shadow. I think I'll do Captain America... I love Loki and Thor, but I don't think I could do their personalities...

So... Plots... Just an open world type? Maybe like-

A few years have now passed since the 'New York Incident'. While each Avenger has fought their own battles, there is now peace; Leaving room to persue their own lives.

Awesome I love Captain America too! I took a personality test to see which Avenger I was, I was Captain America, which made since cause not only was he my favorite but his personality was pretty much like mine. biggrin.gif

Clint had already heard the news. Or, that something was going on. That was enough for him. Bow in hand, he silently made his way to the staircase leading to the roof and ascended. On his way up, he paused to see Steve walking down the same steps. Cap, what's goin' on? Deciding it was best to find out, he only paused for a few seconds before walking to the top himself. As soon as blue eyes caught sight of who happened to be on the roof, any sort of logic fled his mind. Loki. That green-wearing weasel that made him kill good people. Glaring down the arrow shaft he had loaded into his bow and pointed at Loki, Clint was shaking with rage. What th' hell is he doin' here?!

Although he was holding a screwdriver, Tony wasn't working on anything. No, this was the way he fell asleep. Spread out on the cold, stone floor of his lab, the billionaire snored softly. His face and other parts of his body were smeared with back, greasy oil. He had been in the middle of tearing apart a car apart to put it back together so it would run on his own power systems.

Sir, Loki and other Asguardians are on the roof. Should I allow them in? JARVIS's calm voice made Tony crack his eyes open. The thought of Loki brought back bad memories. Memories he didn't want to think about. JARVIS called it a result of PTSD, but Tony wasn't inclined to believe the AI system. Why should he? PSTD wasn't his style. He was fine!

Though he ignored the Captain and the woman he did not know, the Agent was not nearly as lucky. Loki turned to stare at the weapon aimed at him as the guards quickly shielded the way, preventing the archer from attacking. Behind the cover, Loki's face twisted around under the muzzle. Though his mouth was covered, it was clear he was smiling at the archer. Taunting him. But the guards were very clearly preventing him from coming under fire so he had little to fear from the archer.

"Refrain from attacking," one guard advised. "He will not hurt any of you anymore. But you are not permitted to attack him either."

The woman rolled her eyes and leaned against the wall. She was bristling. Captain extended his hand in front of Barton. Easy, like they said, he can't hurt us. We need to get Stark. Jean could see Loki's complacent smile. She didn't dare reach into his mind. She knew she'd find only evil. But she looked to the locks on the cuffs. Asgardian. If they were normal cuffs, she could've easily unlocked them. Broke them even. By why would she do that anyway? Her green eyes narrowed.

Bruce lurked in the lab that Tony had given him, sitting on a stool and gazing at his computer monitor. He was very well aware of the events going on upstairs, but he had no desire to go and join the fun. In the event that something happened and this was a trick, or if Loki suddenly got violent, he didn't want to be in the way. Tony had just fixed his tower and Bruce didn't want to be responsible for causing more damage. Wih a soft sigh, he turned on the volume and watched the feed safe in his lab.

((I am too. I see Soulking lurking too but he's not posting much.))

"No," The guard replied as the Captain returned. He held up a hand, gesturing for him to stay. "This is plenty." Loki, being muzzled, didn't have any way to tell them one of the people had not actually been there for the fight. He certainly didn't recognize her from the group. But they also hadn't been given that much information on what the people actually were. There was Thor, of course. And a massive monster. The man who wore blue and a metal construct. There was an archer as well with startling accuracy and, finally, the woman with red hair who was even better at killing than anyone else in the group. Jean had red hair so she fit part of that description. Even if they were gods, none of them really cared to test the second part of her description.

"We come today having arrived with a punishment for the war criminal Loki. Odin has deemed that throwing Loki into a dungeon would be counterproductive and rehabilitation would be better for both Midgard and Asgard. The All-Father has decided that Midgard's Mightiest Heroes and Thor shall teach Loki to respect and care for this place. In essence, Loki shall preform what you Midgardians call 'Community Service' under your careful watch until you have decided he is no longer a threat and holds respect for your kind instead."

Holy censorkip.gif , you did give him community service. Jean pushed herself up from the wall. She prowled along the guards, her stark green eyes watching Loki. Whadda you think of it, Cap? Steve looked up. I think that this isn't going to end well. He frowned, stepping away from Hawkeye. Loki was a madman. Someone like him, wouldn't be able to ever be capable of remorse, love, respect. He was a condescending man; too noble for his own good.

Jean turned picked up a discarded magazine with digust. Playboy. Must be one of the guys. Stark? It ignited, swallowed in flame within her hand. She wasn't a feminist by any means. She did believe in equality between the genders, but didn't think herself better than men. Thor could throw a hammer around. Rodgers, a sheild. They were better at that kind of stuff. Any other female probably couldn't do that.

But she didn't appreciate in men indulging and supporting women displaying themselves as such. Jean brushed her hands of the ash.

((Perhaps we should progress then maybe? If he doesn't reply by tomorrow, I might ask him to relive himself of Thor... He's holding it up.

Of course though, here I am, not going to be here tomorrow. Gots a party. Wearing a two piece with a one piece swimmer's tan. *yay..*))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Thor walked upstairs to the tower. He had a crown when he saw Loki. "Community service. He'll escape we all know that. Father has not been making good choices. Especiay this decision. Dumbest one yet.

Bruce arched a brow at this development. His feelings were similar to Jean's-- he doubted that Loki could be rehabilitated. This was a horrible idea, and loathe as he was to go up and see the god again, he felt they needed to stress these facts. Taking a few calming breaths, he shut down the computer and trudged towards the elevator. The entire ride up, he pondered the All-father's decision. Did he just have a strange sense of humor? Or was he really too stupid to see what was going to happen? Shaking his head, the scientist exited the elevator and strode towards the group. "I'd like to hear this from him. For all we know, he'll jump us as soon as you all leave," he said to the guards, fiddling with his glasses.

Bruce arriving had quite the strange reaction in Loki. Almost immediately he recoiled backwards slightly, shifting his footing to behind one of the guards. Thor was entirely ignored as a deep, troubled look started to form in his eyebrows. The thought was clear; Loki did not like Bruce at all. But the gestures were small at the least as he did his best not to display the stiffness spreading through his body like wildfire. The chains on his handcuffs were drawn taunt as he stared at Bruce, watching.

"Very well," The guard replied as the other three moved away from Loki. The chains they were holding that connected to his other bindings were pulled taunt, forcing Loki to stand still in the triangle that the three guards had made. The fourth walked over and very carefully undid the muzzle wrapped around Loki's lower jaw. "Speak, prisoner," The guard ordered as Loki shifted his sore jaw around, trying to work the muscles back into functioning order. Or, perhaps, it was anxiety since his cover was all but gone down and nothing was stopping Bruce's path straight to him. He really was doing his best not to panic about that.

"The feeling," He finally said, speaking lightly and keeping his gaze firmly locked on Bruce. "Is mutual. It appears Odin has developed some sick sense of humor while I was beyond Asgard's reach and aid. I would much prefer a cell to bumbling about here with the idea that it will somehow change me. Pretenses aside, I suppose I need to address what was left out at this point; the intention is that I be bound. Not as you see here, most of this is simply show." He moved his arms the fraction amount the taunt chains would allow before turning his head to stare at Thor. "Now, Thor, try not to hurt yourself on this one. Do you remember what happened when you first attempted to lift Mjolnir in New Mexico?"

Bruce noticed when Loki tensed, and a small, sad smile flitted across his face. Scaring people, even crazy gods who tried to take over the world, was not his intention. Loki could try and hide it, but he was used to seeing people like this. He knew what they looked like, how they would tense up and edge away. He was used to it. Shaking his head silently, he looked to Thor for some sort of reaction.

I'm sure Father has some reason for all of this. He's wise, and he wouldn't lead us wrong. He looked around the room. It was appearant, no one else approved of this idea. Thor watched Loki's subtle movements, tightening his grip on his hammer with each. As the doctor, Bruce Banner, appeared, he watched his brother fidget. He was unnerved. And it was no surprise why, considering what'd happened.

When Loki mention New Mexico, his face hardened. What was he playing at? Ignoring his snide comment beforehand, he answered. Of course. I could not. I was not.. Worthy yet.

Jean didn't need to read his mind to know Loki was afraid of Banner. However, upon his arrival, her senses were barraged with emotions. Hate, calm, wariness. But the one that was there underneath it all, was quiet underlying anger. She tuned most of it out, only watching it enough so if things started getting messy, she could at least attempt to remove him, if he couldn't do it himself.

As the guards removed Loki's muzzle (which she thought was absolutely hilarious on him), she watched his cold, blue eyes. So Banner had a hold on him, that could be useful. Though Banner probably wouldn't agree to using the Hulk as punishment. Of course, Jean didn't blame him. When she was the Dark Phoneix, a a nearly destroyed another solar system, it was hard to control it. And attempts, failed miserably.

Rodgers was observing each member of the room. He didn't care to much about the brothers' fued. He cared about keeping people safe. The last time Loki was here, that didnt happen.

He still felt a stinging remorse after Coulson's death. He still owed him. The Captain glared at Loki. It was his hand that he fell to. Just give me a reason, you madman.

((I'll try to portray Thor... I've never done a character like him though. Or Captain America.

By the way, like I said earlier, I won't be here much today. Tonight, yes. Don't go to far without me!))

"Very good," Loki replied, a bitter and sarcastic undertone filling his words. He was very condescending of his.. Brother. Of course, he really only used the term sarcastically now. To cringe and remind Thor what their past had been. It was all Thor's fault. Thor's and Odin's. filling his head with falsities and dreams and aspirations that would never come true. And he loathed them for it, his family. "Apparently, that binding spell is not limited to inanimate objects. Only, Odin has come up with a rather..ah, original way to judge worthiness." He nodded to the guard who was not holding onto one of the chains. He reached into the bag at his side and pulled out three bands of metal. Each one had a strange set of runes carved into it.

"A binding spell has been placed on the prisoner that connects to these three bracelets. You may decide among you who shall wear them. If he attempts to use magic unlawfully, you can use the bracelets to stop him. Since you are Earth's migthiest heroes, Odin has decided you are just enough to wield such power. You may decide which of you shall wear them at what times as they can be taken off and entrusted to another. The bracelets respond to verbal and mental commands and at least one must be within close proximity or the binding spell is activated." He held them out for any of them to take.

Thor took them with a nod. Now came the task of choosing who'd bear them. Thank you, my friends. Send father my regards? He looked around the room. I believe since he's my brother, I should bear the brunt of the burden. Rodgers frowned. There's three, right? We could each wear one? Hey, don't forget about me! Heads turned towards Jean. Simply because you have been pestering us for the last few months, does not mean you posses a sense of responsibility to-

Listen, Big Guy, you're obviously still pretty new around here. And you've never been to the west coast more then once. You don't know me very well. I posses quite a few powers, one mainly, that could be used to literally, destroy the Earth. Now while I have had a few bad runs... I mostly managed to keep this power, the Phoneix Force, out of the wrong hands.

Mostly? We can't accept 'mostly' in this case. Thor handed a cuff to Steve. I'd trust the spy before you.

Jean bristled, and the fire seemed to spark from her skin.

You ignorant fool. You should enstill me. I could handle it.

The voice spoke in the heads of those around her. The woman's fists were clenched in anger. But she sighed, expelling it. She would not loose it here. No, especially in front of Loki. I suppose you are right. But I will try and prove myself worthy.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Clint, unsurprisingly, didn't move an inch. Whatever grudge he held, it ran deep. The strong muscles in his arms kept the loaded arrow pulled back tight, and of course, aimed at the green God. He did, however, slowly lower the tension of the bowstring. He could get his revenge later. Blue eyes darting to the remainder of the group, his forehead creased in a scowl. We should vote. Thor's gonna go too easy on him, so we need somebody t' balance it out. I'd take one, but I wanna hear what everyone else has t' say. Whoever's th' most trustworthy should take 'em. He decided. Unsurprisingly, Clint only turned partially around to address his teammates. He kept Loki in the corner of his eye at all times. We don't even know each others' back-stories fer Hell's sake! I mean, I don't have any reasons t' trust any of ya jus' 'cause we had a few good fights together. I know all of ya can agree with me here.

((I could take Thor if you'd like))

"Well, she's not even a part of you little squad," Loki pointed out, jerking his head slightly towards Jean. He didn't like her very much. He didn't like the look of her at all. Sure he absolutely hated Thor but he knew that Thor was the most likely not to abuse or overuse the little bangle. He wasn't even sure of the result as it had only lightly been explained to him in a grand monologue about worthiness. Everyone had seemed to be dodging the question of how, exactly, the bangles stopped him from doing anything. But either way, he would feel better if he managed to convince them to give Thor one of the bracelets. But he'd have to tread carefully.

"We will leave you, then," The guard declared as the rest unhooked their chains from Loki's handcuffs. Much to the god's irritation, they did not unhook the handcuff but rather placed the key within a bag with the muzzle and dropped it down beside him. The key, apparently, unlocked both the cuffs around his ankles and hands, as well as the collar around his neck that was attacked to both of the others. With that, the guards turned back to the Helipad and began to walk over to it, dragging the chains with them. Loki turned his head to watch them walk away before turning back to the group. How? How could he turn this terrible situation around to his advantage? There had to be some way. His shoulders rose up slightly as he became guarded, mental and physical barriers rising up. With the guards leaving, he very well expected some form of whiplash from the Avengers. Not Thor so much but the Archer, the Assassin and quite possibly the Monster. He needed to be ready to respond to all of them. His mind quickly became blank as he glanced between the arguing group members, watching carefully for any hint of an attack.

Bruce raised his hands to chest height and took a step back, shaking his head slowly. "I don't want one. I'm already crazy enough without his help," he objected, making it very clear he wanted no part of Loki's care taking. He didn't hold a grudge so much as he didn't want the god to trick him into Hulking out again. There was also the fact that he wasn't sure how long he'd be staying, since he still thought about running off now and then. That, and Loki was obviously scared of him. Even if he disliked the god, he wouldn't force him to be around something that scared him.

Well, that was good. Without the Monster, there were only four people. The Captain had all but taken his and since he was the apparent leader of the group, he doubted there was protest there. Thor had two bangles in grip remaining and he doubted that he would relinquish both without some kind of fight. That simply meant keeping the final bangle away from the Archer and the Assassin, as well as the mystery woman. Yes, the Man of Iron Stark seemed to be the best third wearer, at least in Loki's opinion. Well, more like he simply did not want for the other three to have control of the bangles.

His chains jingled as he bent down and picked up the bag that the guards had dropped carefully. His hands couldn't move too far appart so while it was not a problem to quickly open the bag, retrieving the key was a bit more difficult. Magic was a last resort since the bangles were nearby and they would probably think ill of him suddenly displaying magic. He shifted the bag around in his hands, trying to reach inside to retrieve the small, metal key. He refused to spend this time idly waiting around and wanted to instead free his hands and feet quickly before grinding the stupid bindings under his foot. And that muzzle as well. Hopefully, while they were all too distracted to notice him. But, if that failed, he would use magic. He would not walk around unable to move very much when he was surrounded by Midgardians who wished for his death.

It appeared as if keeping an eye on the god had paid off. Clint spun effortlessly on his heel and instantly had an arrow loaded. Instead of shooting to kill, however, the arrowshaft lodged itself in one of the links of the shackles on his hands. It was very obviously a warning shot. If he had used any more force, the arrow would've not only broken the chains, but would've landed in Loki's stomach. Blue eyes narrowed to slits, Clint stalked forward and snatched the bag from the God's hands. Nice try. I was raised by underhanded snakes like you, so no stunts are gonna go unnoticed by me. Got it? His already stern gaze twisted into malice. Don't give me an excuse to shoot you.

The arrow, honestly, was a surprise. The archer hadn't spoken up in a while and his attention had mostly been on finding the key so he did not notice his action until the arrow slid rather neatly into the gap between the chains holding his wrists together. A faint amount of frustration formed in Loki's brow as he begrudgingly released his hold on the bag. There went option one. Option two was manually break the chains. It was as simple as one, two, magic. But he didn't really have a follow-up plan. He couldn't flee very easily and he couldn't stay without some kind of repercussion. Or, he could keep the chains and simply pretend that they were effective in holding him. With a faint sigh, Loki held the palms of his hands upwards. He couldn't move them very much but the intent was still clear; he wasn't trying anything else. "Of course," He replied slowly, unable to resist the temptation of a little taunting. "After all, you know all my tricks, don't you? Of course, the same could be said the other way around. I know all of your tricks and what makes you tick and every little thing you ever killed because I snapped my fingers and whispered 'shoot'. You were the one who danced to my tune of genocide so what makes you think for an instant that I don't know everything about you?" He lowered his head slightly, glaring down at the tiny mortal before him. "It's simply a matter of pressure points," He added, his voice dropping into a lower, more threatening pitch. "Do not think for an instant I won't press yours."

It was Jean's turn now. She snapped her fingers, and erupted into flame. You scum. She wanted to incinerate him. Transport him to another dimension. He had crossed the line, and tried to break free. Why not get him a shock collar? That'd suit the censorkip.gif*** better. The woman glared at him.

Jean, calm down or leave. The Captain crossed his arms. Thor, Clint, and myself? Why not let them wear the cuffs? People like Loki always failed in the end though. Men like him couldn't thrive for very long without running themselves into the ground.

((Could you please, claw? smile.gif ))