ViperSwan

Astral Projection

I have lucid dreams sometimes, Once I had a lucid dream that I was flying, but I don't know if it was an OBE. I do, however, know how to wake myself up from a dream/nightmare, so long as I know I am dreaming.

@Sparkle10184, I do the same thing to wake myself up. Its helpful, even though I have only done it once.

Achieving trance is definitely a real experience, but as with most psychological topics pop culture has a done a very poor job portraying it, so I can understand why some are skeptical.

It'd be cool if you could listen to that whole video and post more about your experiences with it, MedievalMystic! Or anyone else who want to try it. My connection is pretty crap, so getting the entire thing to load is tricky and I've never used a trance/relaxation recording even close to that length before, but I think I'll try listening to the whole thing next week when I have some alone time. I doubt it'll work for me since I've never been able to induce trance intentionally via outside input, but I kind of envy people that can feel effects from this sort of thing. I don't trust the process enough to go under with anyone else's guidance, and I find the escalating encouragement and droning voices often used by hypnosis practitioners disturbing rather than relaxing. :[

ViperSwan - have you had any luck using any of these techinques yet? Keep us posted!

I've tried a couple of times last week but I guess I'm too impatient for it to work. I'm not going to give up, though! Although, I did have this dream where I was sucked out of my body and into my computer... which was weird... could that have been some kind of Astral Projection that actually worked?

ive had some that seem like astral projection but mostly as a child

they were very very disturbing since i was so young

Ooh, would you mind sharing bits and pieces? (You don't have to.)

OBE? Yes. During sleep paralysis some time ago. Ofcourse, the noises and shady figures kept me from enjoying it, but yea..

Ooh, what kind of shady figures and noises? (If you don't mind me asking of course ^^')

I would try this if I wasn't so afraid lol Reading experiences on here doesn't sound very pleasent and Insidious didn't help much either xd.png

I have tried to lucid dream though (even have a dream journal) but I haven't tried in forever and the few times I did try it never really worked :/

Though I did wake myself up from a nightmare once by telling myself it wasn't real and it's just a dream...it was killer clowns if anyone was wondering xd.png

I might try this though since I haven't slept all night and it seems pretty interesting and who knows maybe I won't hear voices and shadows that creep me the hell out? haha unsure.gif

Edited by Pestilence420

Ooh, what kind of shady figures and noises? (If you don't mind me asking of course ^^')

Trust me, you'll know if you ever experience sleep paralysis. It's like being trapped in your own little box of nightmares.

Or you could as Mr. Google about it.

I would try this if I wasn't so afraid lol Reading experiences on here doesn't sound very pleasent and Insidious didn't help much either xd.png

I have tried to lucid dream though (even have a dream journal) but I haven't tried in forever and the few times I did try it never really worked :/

Though I did wake myself up from a nightmare once by telling myself it wasn't real and it's just a dream...it was killer clowns if anyone was wondering xd.png

I might try this though since I haven't slept all night and it seems pretty interesting and who knows maybe I won't hear voices and shadows that creep me the hell out? haha unsure.gif

Good luck! Let me know what happens! I'd love to hear about it!

@Bronto: >~< I'm sorry if it was too personal... I've heard so many stories about Sleep Paralysis, but most say they're completely awake but unable to open the eyes or move. I will Google it, but it seems to be a different experience for everyone I've heard it from.

And I think I did achieve something...? I'm not entirely sure but I do dream a lot about getting sucked into my sketchbook and going on some wild adventure I completely forget about when I wake up. The meditation seems to be working I guess?

Edited by ViperSwan

The closest thing that's ever happened to me is sleep paralysis. It occurred twice and...well, it's pretty darn scary and traumatizing.

The first time it happened, I was drifting off to sleep and it suddenly felt like I lost control over my body. My eyes were closing but for some reason, I felt like there was something bad that would be there or something not good would happen. I couldn't stop it and when my eyes shut, my body just froze. It felt like a boulder landed on my chest. It happened very briefly but it was still shocking.

The second time it happened was much scarier and closer to an OBE. I think it might have accidentally triggered it myself. It's kinda hard to explain and it's very weird. owo

I was lucid dreaming that I was holding a pencil but I couldn't place my fingers on it properly. So just for fun, I (my real self, since I was aware it was a dream) imagined a whitish-blue glowing outline of where my fingers should actually be.

All of a sudden, the whole dream image started doubling and I felt somewhat dizzy. Then apparently, that whitish blue glow started growing bigger and I (my real self) started panicking a bit because honestly, I was scared of it being an OBE.

I couldn't move and I could barely breath. It felt like the airways of my lungs were blocked. I tried to focus on something else while constantly yelling in my head: 'Open your eyes! Open your eyes!!'

Then my eyes did open very suddenly and I woke up.

Maybe this sounds unreal and some may be skeptical, but I still remember it clearly and for a few days I couldn't fall asleep properly because I was terrified of it happening again.

Yep, so that's my experience, hehe. ^^

The game series 'Deep Sleep' make me too scared to try lucid dreaming on purpose. ;n;

Though, in a dream recently, I managed to turn a scary tarantula into an adorable fluffy kitten. :U

Edited by edwardelricfreak