Vessa

Jealousy.

As a newer breeder, still working with my first eggs, I look at everyone elses dragons, and cry just oh so much, knowing that it'll take probably a few month. Has anyone felt this little run of newbie-jealousy?

Even though, I can't figure out which is rare, and which isnt, so I just determine beautifulness = rarity

I had the same feeling when I first started collecting. What I always have done is if I love the Dragon (I havent found one I didnt want) then I'm going to keep it and raise it. The Dragon Cave Wiki has really helped me a lot in finding out which ones were considered rare, where to look for them, etc. But You'll get the hang of it, I believe I've only been playing myself only for a month or two but slowly you realize which eggs you want to have and which ones you can't wait to get a hold of. haha but I felt the same exact way when I first started!

Edited by Scarey Kerri

I had the same feeling when I first started collecting. What I always have done is if I love the Dragon (I havent found one I didnt want) then I'm going to keep it and raise it. The Dragon Cave Wiki has really helped me a lot in finding out which ones were considered rare, where to look for them, etc. But You'll get the hang of it, I believe I've only been playing myself only for a month or two but slowly you realize which eggs you want to have and which ones you can't wait to get a hold of. haha but I felt the same exact way when I first started!

Some of them have the 'Unknown' Rarity (Specifically the two in my signature.)

Some day i'll figure out everything, but it wont happen soon biggrin.gif

It's not just a newbie thing. (You'll understand what I'm about to say once you remember rarities) but sometimes I look at people's scrolls who have like 10 or 50 2nd gen prizes and just cry. Like, HOW DID YOU EVEN DO THAT, I own a CB prize and you don't and I can't even do that whatomgwhatareyou.

Some of them have the 'Unknown' Rarity (Specifically the two in my signature.)

That's probably because they were just released this past May. XD

If I had to give a rough estimate, though, I'd say they're fairly common, maybe even slightly uncommon. c:

That's probably because they were just released this past May. xd.png

If I had to give a rough estimate, though, I'd say they're fairly common, maybe even slightly uncommon. c:

Woo, biggrin.gif Not as rare as I thought, but I like them, maybe i'll just haunt /abandoned for something rare to have to sit on my scroll.

I'm not a new player, but...I know I get this way for breeds I don't yet have. *cough*coppers and opals, where are youuuuu...*cough*, and for the special alts that only the spriters get.

Woo, biggrin.gif Not as rare as I thought, but I like them, maybe i'll just haunt /abandoned for something rare to have to sit on my scroll.

Hehe..good luck. The rares don't come up very often in abandoned, but sometimes you get lucky. (like with my shimmer) I'd try looking for them during a release of new stuff, particularly the new holiday dragons (though don't go too overboard with rares at those times...if you still want room for the holidays. tongue.gif ) People tend to abandon rares for new stuff.

Also, there's "The Giving Tree" where you can sign up to go on a list for dragons you don't have. (link is in my sig) Just be sure to follow their rules.

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

I have been at this for a while and still feel that way when I look at all the rares or 2nd gens, etc. |D I probably will for a long while yet. So you are not alone. <3

You aren't alone! Even "veterans" like myself, who have been around since even the Bright Pinks and Frills days, still don't have everything we hope for. A lot of it is the rarity of the dragon, some of it is the fact that not everyone can afford to trade for what they can't catch or breed themselves.

The jealousy is annoying, but when I didn't(or dont) have something, the hunting is the best part. At least you have goals! And when you finally get something good it feels so great c: I still don't have any CB golds, silvers or coppers, I'm a bit lazy cave hunter actually.. But maybe someday. I have been able to catch a few unbreedables tho.

I think it's more annoying to see those dragons you really can't get, like the uncontinued ones. Anything else is possible smile.gif

I know your jealousy xd.png even now, when I look at some people with tons of 3G & 2G Prizes, who are egglocked by CB Metals, I can't help but feel jealous. Don't worry though, you'll get your hands on those rare eggs eventually.

You should also check out some of the gifting threads, there are a lot of people who are willing to gift & breed for newbies as well. As for the rarity, the wiki could be often wrong, but hang around the forum and you will quickly grasp the actual trade rarity in DC

I will admit, I was this way after I didn't catch a Radiant Angel. Just seeing the pretty Spriter's Alts after not catching any made me think, "I will never have a CB RA— ever," and it made me pretty jealous.

It's not just for new people. Everyone is jealous sometimes.

I have been playing almost since DC started and I still get bouts of crazy jealousy sometimes and I have 2000-2500 dragons I think lol I am a little more content since I got my first 2nd gen thuwed and tin and got on the list for another 2nd gen thuwed. so I don't really see that I have anything to be jealous about now lol http://dragcave.net/user/beautifuldragon5000 is my scroll if any of you younger players would like to make some requests to fill out your scrolls a little more

Edited by beautifuldragon5000

Honestly, I tend to get jealous when I see players with 30+ 2nd gen Shimmers/Tinsels, CB Metals and 2nd gens from Spriter's Alts/Thuweds. xd.png On the other hand, I have a 2nd gen Shimmer myself so I have no reason to complain. cool.gif

Honestly, I tend to get jealous when I see players with 30+ 2nd gen Shimmers/Tinsels, CB Metals and 2nd gens from Spriter's Alts/Thuweds. xd.png On the other hand, I have a 2nd gen Shimmer myself so I have no reason to complain. cool.gif

That just proves that jealousy never rests, no matter how much you have xd.png