TJ09

2014-06-22 - Site Outage

Well I didn't lose anything, but I seem to have gained a lot. I have 11 eggs on my scroll right now.

Well that is most certainly interesting. I guess it's a good thing I haven't bred/caught/traded anything in the past day or so.

Since I never was affected by the datamonster this is the strangest glitch I've seen on dragon cave. Good thing I didn't do any hunting this morning. Our power was out here in Georgia.

Very sorry to all who lost babies. sad.gif

Thank you for getting the site back up TJ and everyone else.

Also @Draco Knight: I don't know why I find that so hilarious. xd.png Never seen that before.

Well I didn't lose anything, but I seem to have gained a lot. I have 11 eggs on my scroll right now.

That is funny. But i would probably ditch the extras. I don't think we are alllowed to take advantage of a glitch like that. Under "cheating"....Abuse of any bugs or glitches in the site's code.

I would screenshot that if I was you. Gotta love the glitches sometimes.

-------------

I had traded for something, but my trade reverted and one of the hatchlings I traded away grew up on my scroll.

I am hoping that I can trade again with that person as we have been in contact over the issue, but it has taken me hours to find another CB, and I have to wait a few hours to hatch the new one.

That is a strange side effect. Good luck! I hope you don't lose any you need to keep.

Ah - I was wondering why i couldn't get on last night.

My scroll seems normal

I never thought I'd say this but it seems that my internet being down was a good thing. I couldn't have caught/bred any dragons before the cave went down even if I wanted to xd.png

Was there a rollback or something? My 4 eggs that I grabbed last night, shortly after the downtime, have completely VANISHED. D: NOT happy about this.

user posted image

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

Was there a rollback or something? My 4 eggs that I grabbed last night, shortly after the downtime, have completely VANISHED. D: NOT happy about this.

Yes

Any actions that were performed shortly before the second period of downtime (starting around 08:00 EST) are gone forever. This includes breeding and grabbing eggs.

Note, however, that the actions were simply "not taken," rather than lost or inconsistent (that is, dragons bred before the outage can be bred again).

Yes

:/ Oh well...At least I should have the BSA for my pinks that I used back, I guess... I still wonder though...what then happened to my eggs? did somebody else get them instead? Or did they cease to exist? sad.gif

:/ Oh well...At least I should have the BSA for my pinks that I used back, I guess...  I still wonder though...what then happened to my eggs?  did somebody else get them instead?  Or did they cease to exist? sad.gif

Cease to exist.

Like it says they were "not taken", they are rather lost or inconsistent. If they were bred you can breed the parent dragons again but if they were caught from the cave, those eggs are gone. Also if it was from a trade the eggs/hatchies have gone back to there original owners.

Anything that happened during the outage, according to the site did not really happen.

Edited by lollipop00

Cease to exist.

Like it says they were "not taken", they are rather lost or inconsistent. If they were bred you can breed the parent dragons again but if they were caught from the cave, those eggs are gone. Also if it was from a trade the eggs/hatchies have gone back to there original owners.

They were from the cave. :/ 4 eggies are forever lost in limbo now. Oh well...I'll get over it...I already got replacements. tongue.gif One from one of the same breeds as before. And it's not like they were rares or anything. ;P Glad I grabbed that shimmer hatchie that I have several days BEFORE the outages...I would have been really upset if I'd lost THAT one...

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

Thanks for letting us know, TJ. Bummer to those guys who lost stuff! I'm sorry! sad.gif <3

At lest here was no new egg to come out.

At lest you can breeding or get new dragon egg.

Cease to exist.

Anything that happened during the outage, according to the site did not really happen.

sad.gif Dragons lost.

Wow... just..... wow, your scroll leaves me speechless. You're an egg hoarder! biggrin.gif

So, that's what happened to my kid's scroll.

She was happily grabbing the eggs from the AP and it was gone when she woke up in the morning (our time).

She traced it and found 2 of the eggs in someone else's scroll. sad.gif

Its a good thing those eggies were for her freezing project. tongue.gif

Oh well, just one of those things.

FYI my dragons that bred a nice 2nd gen avatar which I then gave to the person who I'd bred it for ... well, the egg is gone, it didn't come back to my scroll, and while the dragons were available for breeding again, I didn't get an avatar. It's obviously not the end of the world but I feel like a heel.

FYI my dragons that bred a nice 2nd gen avatar which I then gave to the person who I'd bred it for ... well, the egg is gone, it didn't come back to my scroll, and while the dragons were available for breeding again, I didn't get an avatar. It's obviously not the end of the world but I feel like a heel.

Don't feel that way, it wasn't your fault. A lot of people noted that previously successful breedings failed the second time. sad.gif

I am glad I wasn't affected by this, and I am sorry for the people who were.

It's a little bit too late to post this, but I bred an egg for someone before the outage. Afterwards, I went to breed it again, only to find I was at the maximum of eggs and lost it in the AP. T-T

I feel really, really bad, now.

The Datamonster. HE LIVES! Hide, quick, before he eats you and erases your data!

~

I'm glad I didn't lose anything, but I feel bad for those who did D: Hopefully, you can all get replacements for things that were lost.

Edited by PieMaster

The Datamonster. HE LIVES! Hide, quick, before he eats you and erases your data!

~

I'm glad I didn't lose anything, but I feel bad for those who did D: Hopefully, you can all get replacements for things that were lost.

Quick! Someone make Attack Of The Data Monster 3 Banners!

Coming to a DVD near you in 2015.