TJ09

2014-06-19 - Dragon Encyclopedia Beta

I signed up for the testing earlier, but I am not sure about the "clicking" since I try to grow all my babies with 0-clicks. Over a quarter of my 4200+ dragons have been raised with no clicks, so I wonder how this will affect my methods.

TJ's post talks about clicking on dragons and hatchlings, but makes no mention of eggs, so I am guessing there may be a change in how clicks register. I do hope I make the test group, because I really want to see how this works.

I'd rather have the ability to move my dragons more efficiently  sad.gif

And yes, I hope the change for sorting comes along very soon, too! I really need to finish my massive scroll re-sort. unsure.gif

I signed up for the testing earlier, but I am not sure about the "clicking" since I try to grow all my babies with 0-clicks. Over a quarter of my 4200+ dragons have been raised with no clicks, so I wonder how this will affect my methods.

TJ's post talks about clicking on dragons and hatchlings, but makes no mention of eggs, so I am guessing there may be a change in how clicks register. I do hope I make the test group, because I really want to see how this works.

And yes, I hope the change for sorting comes along very soon, too! I really need to finish my massive scroll re-sort.  unsure.gif

I did think of you when I saw the clicks thing - fingers crossed you'll still be able to grow your 0-click babies! smile.gif

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Darn :/ I signed up then realized I won't have access to dragoncave from Sunday to a week after that, no internet.

I'm definitely signing up. I'm so excited to try out the encyclopedia even if I'm not chosen. biggrin.gif

Signed up, although I know that my email has been buggy recently. Hopefully if I'm chosen it'll actually be received (although with my luck I won't be chosen anyways)

No, I just clicked it and it went to the sign-up page.

Weird. I tried again and it still doesn't work for me. This is what I get when I click on the link:

user posted image

Any ideas? :/

Any ideas? :/

Are you logged in? I know for some of the pages, like the graveyard and I think the wilderness, you have to be logged in.

I wonder if you'll automatically get information on dragons you own or if you'll have to go through your scroll and click on all of your dragons. I hope frozen hatchlings work too either way.

I'm a little wary on this "unlocking" thing... Hopefully it's just like "click this dragon to get this information!" and *not* "give this species 100 clicks to unlock this info"... That would royally suck.

I'm a little wary on this "unlocking" thing... Hopefully it's just like "click this dragon to get this information!" and *not* "give this species 100 clicks to unlock this info"... That would royally suck.

If the information here is still valid, it's not enough to click your dragon once:

Next unlock: raise 80 more adults, or observe 400 more adults.

Based on the above I think there are several levels of information to unlock.

If the information here is still valid, it's not enough to click your dragon once:

Based on the above I think there are several levels of information to unlock.

...So we'll have to unlock information in an encyclopedia by randomly clicking dragons of that type? Not simply raising our dragons ourselves?

If so then uh... wow. Thanks, I guess? I kind of thought this was going to be a fun new addition but if you're gonna require me to hunt around for other people's dragons to get information for the dragons *I* have... uhm... could we have just had a new dragon release this month instead?

I liked that playing this game meant catch eggs, put eggs in signature/hatchery, help others by keeping hatchery open in another tab while it cycles through views. Simple and fun for people who want to collect things without having to poke others or invade other people's scrolls (since you know... a lot of people hide their scrolls so people can't see or mess with them).

Kind of annoying at the thought that I'd have to go hunt for specific dragons to click on in order to get information on dragons I already own and have raised. :| And god I really hope that number of 'dragons raised' and 'dragons observed' is highly exaggerated. There's no way in heck I think it's reasonable to force people to raise 80+ adult dragons to learn more about a species of dragon. And the 'or observe 400' is kind of hilariously horrible. Like that's a better option to having to raise 80 dragons instead.

I thought this was going to be a 'Raise dragon to adulthood, get information on it' kind of thing. Or at the very least "want more info? Raise more of that species!" kind of deal. At least those two options wouldn't make me change my playstyle to learn more about the dragons...

"Oh but TP, you don't *have* to use the encyclopedia..."

I do if I want to continue writing descriptions for my dragons. Nothing would get under my skin more than to write a very good story for one of my dragons, only to have it denied because "If you had unlocked section 10 of this species' encyclopedia entry, you'd know that this species only lives in fir tree forests and therefor would never live in the roots of a giant oak tree."

Unless of course they'd allow the wiki to document all this information so everyone has access to it. But then again people would probably complain about that because it 'takes away from the people who have managed to get that information unlocked themselves'.

Here's to hoping that the encyclopedia is actually nothing like how it was described on April Fool's day!

Are you logged in? I know for some of the pages, like the graveyard and I think the wilderness, you have to be logged in.

Yeah, I'm logged in. I've tried everything I can think of. Different browsers, different device, I keep getting that error. I assume it's some issue with my account, because the issue is carrying over from my laptop to my ipad. So I've got no idea. O_o

I guess I'll just have to wait to find out details when everyone else does. I probably wouldn't have been drawn anyway. tongue.gif

Signed up. Reserving all judgement about the mechanics until I actually see how it works. Very antsy to see all the new info!

...So we'll have to unlock information in an encyclopedia by randomly clicking dragons of that type? Not simply raising our dragons ourselves?

I think it works both ways. On the thread where TJ first mentioned the Encyclopedia, it said you can either raise more dragons of that breed or click on other people's grown dragons.

Awesome. Signed up. Doubt I will get picked, but that would be so much fun. Can't wait to see it either way.