TJ09

2014-06-19 - Dragon Encyclopedia Beta

Easier sorting would top my list too. I find myself avoiding Vamps on the AP because it takes soooo long to drag them through nine or ten pages of scroll to get to the bottom.

I entered for beta.

That's easy, just grab the dragon you want to move and hit the end key. That will take you to the end of your scroll. You can also use the page up and page down keys. Home key will take you to the top. Though I too would like some kind of better sorting. Like mass moving dragons. I'm still excited to see the encyclopedia.

That's easy, just grab the dragon you want to move and hit the end key. That will take you to the end of your scroll. You can also use the page up and page down keys. Home key will take you to the top. Though I too would like some kind of better sorting. Like mass moving dragons. I'm still excited to see the encyclopedia.

Well, I certainly HOPE we get credit-- or TJ had better give us more egg slots

Still,I don't need 80 more of anything. laugh.gif

Afraid, since I really don't care about descriptions this will be an unused feature dry.gif

I need the mass move, one at a time is still one at a time and a pain end key or not

Thank you! That is a great tip. biggrin.gif

Aw man this looks pretty awesome.

Too bad I don't have those kinds of keys... :c

Hope a good spread of testers are chosen, including lots of skeptics, pessimists, and neutral parties! All kinds of feedback are important =)

Yes! I've been waiting for this! Can't wait for it to be fully implemented. biggrin.gif

I agree with the people saying we should stop speculating and getting anxious about how the clicking and observing might work. We don't have nearly enough information, and even if we did some things will likely change (whether a lot or a little) when TJ gets input from the beta.

I don't think I'd be able to devote enough attention to the beta to be a fully effective tester, so I'm not signing up. But my thanks to TJ and all those who will be testing for your efforts in creating a Dragon Encyclopedia we all can enjoy. I can't wait to see the results! smile.gif

Bit hypnotised by your signature there Grimace laugh.gif

I am on the let's wait and see how this is going to actually work approach, signed up for a chance at Beta but if not picked no biggie as we will all get eventually. smile.gif

I'm kind of nervous about this whole "raise 80 more adults" thing.  xd.png Especially since it's on a chicken. Do I really want 80 chickens? I'm sure it was an exaggeration since the person had like 1 and so it would require them to have 81 and that's a very uneven number.

I'm not too worried. I'm looking forward to another fun collecting aspect to the game. I love collecting information and it would give me incentive to collect more of the dragons that I have very few of.

So excited!

I thought there was a 'raise X more dragons' and an 'observe X more dragons'.

Guys, with that chicken example I've only been referring to/quoting something TJ posted himself in the original thread about the Encyclopedia. Beta hasn't even started so there's NO idea to know if these numbers were correct in anyway.

Just thought I'd mention that.

And I'm very much looking forward to another aspect of the game too. I totally agree with Socky and Thuban that this is something that can be done over time and doesn't need instant gratification.

A little more info from TJ's original post:

The Encyclopedia allows you to unlock “notes” about breeds—tidbits of information about their behavior, habitat, etc. These notes will appear as you raise or click on dragons (even clicks on adults are counted). The more you observe, the more you can find out! You can discover exciting context about the dragons you know and love, information that will enrich the overall Dragon Cave experience by fleshing out the world it exists in. No longer are you limited to only the four or five sentences provided in the breed description; now, you can learn things about your dragons that have never been revealed before.

As for the descriptions we give our dragons ourselves, I can imagine we're at least hold to the official description on the dragon page. I know the Wikia also holds information now that's been posted by the creators, if there's any additional information.

Although it's an easy to find source, a part of our player base isn't even here on the forums, so I can imagine we can't hold them to not knowing the extra information that's on the wikia.

And indeed, I think it wouldn't be fair to hold the encyclopedia against them, since you need to unlock the info.

BUT, we'll just have to wait and see TJ's official answer on Socky's request.

However everything turns out, I'm very much looking forward to this new feature!

Guys, with that chicken example I've only been referring to/quoting something TJ posted himself in the original thread about the Encyclopedia. Beta hasn't even started so there's NO idea to know if these numbers were correct in anyway.

And I'm very much looking forward to another aspect of the game too. I totally agree with Socky and Thuban that this is something that can be done over time and doesn't need instant gratification.

A little more info from TJ's original post:

As for the descriptions we give our dragons ourselves, I can imagine we're at least hold to the official description on the dragon page. I know the Wikia also holds information now that's been posted by the creators, if there's any additional information.

Although it's an easy to find source, a part of our player base isn't even here on the forums, so I can imagine we can't hold them to not knowing the extra information that's on the wikia.

And indeed, I think it wouldn't be fair to hold the encyclopedia against them, since you need to unlock the info.

BUT, we'll just have to wait and see TJ's official answer on Socky's request.

However everything turns out, I'm very much looking forward to this new feature!

Me too. I just said that in that post, it had an amount to raise and an amount to observe.

I'm aware that it is. I'm just saying he threw that up there to show a preview of the formatting. And I made the assumption that the number he put down is probably random. Kind of to make a little joke.

I don't understand the bold text when I said nothing negative or ignorant about the whole deal.

Sorry guys. I thought you were thinking I was referring to something I had actually seen, while I had seen nothing more than you guys. Sorry for the mix up! biggrin.gif I guess that happens with reading plain text biggrin.gif

Also signed up! Maybe for once I can get a sneak peek at a feature!

I signed up!

At least we will have something to do while we wait our little ones to hatch/grow :3

OMGICANTWAIT!!! *.* Ever since this was mentioned the first time, it's been on my mind. This is going to be so hella kewl! I've always wanted to know more about the various breeds of dragons we have, because the short descriptions just seemed to be "teasers" for information rather than a full-out breed description. This is awesome. Thank yall so much, everyone involved! This is going to make the game so much more fun. ^.^ *GLOMPS for everyone!* ♥

Definately sounds fun and I'm up for helping out testing things tongue.gif

I sign up for the beta raffle in this thread since the link is dialing a Page Not Found unsure.gif .

I sign up for the beta raffle in this thread since the link is dialing a Page Not Found unsure.gif .

You have to be logged in to enter in the beta raffle.

Edited by PieMaster