kkkllleee

Your experience in narrative

I was once asked during elementary school, to complete an story contained in our textbooks (it was unfinished on purpose), the majority of my classmates struggled to get anything of depth (as expected in the first years of elementary school), but my professor was impressed by the way i accomplished the task, and later would ask us to write a tale to everyone in class, once again while my classmates gave pretty generic answers, I wrote about a couple struggling with their sexual orientation (this was in Mexico back in the early 2000), the awe i saw in the face of my professor, has since then inspired me to continue my writing aspirations.

Well, when I was in grade 6 our teacher asked us to create a story, and set a goal for it. Although many of my classmates had written stories about the best day of their lives, I chose to write a story that combined horror and mystery, until it turned out to be about a girl who finds a monster that when it kills you, you become the monster. My teacher was extremely impressed that I was able to give subtle clues, and use some writing strategies that were years beyond my grade. Since then, I have started writing more.

When I was eight years old, I got into the world of anime. At the age of nine, I became friends with a girl who was four years older (and who is still one of my best friends after like six years) whom I met at my mother's workplace (our mothers were co-workers) because we both liked anime. Since she was older, of course she was more up to date with stuff and knew about fanfiction, which I did not. In the beginning, we wrote horrible stories with our Mary-Sue OCs as protagonists, but over time I improved greatly and my writing is always complimented now. smile.gif

Edited by MichiyoSaitou