skauble

"Bitten By" link for neglected Vamp eggs

I got permission from some very nice mods to post this, but it's just a lineage suggestion, not anything to do with making NDs or the mechanics of doing so, so if we could avoid posting about that it would be much appreciated. smile.gif

Recently, my niece made a couple of NDs from Vampire eggs. Vampires have a link to the Vampire that bit them:

user posted image

But when they turn into Neglecteds, that bitten link disappears.

I don't know if the theory behind it is that they become a new type of dragon and so the link goes away, but I think it would be nice if it could stay. After all, the egg was bitten. And whether it's a Neglected (a breed all it's own), or a Neglected Vampire (simply a neglected version of the breed it was before), the bite and surviving it is an interesting part of its history/lineage.

I think that it's comparable to the lineage info that's currently kept for NDs. For instance, if a player breeds two Golds together and then neglects the egg, the lineage will still be there and show that it was a Gold egg. That kind of thing lends interest to the NDs, much like NDs turned from Holiday eggs, Tinsel eggs, Thuwed eggs, etc.

If this is a technical issue about transferring the bite info to an egg that is considered a non-Vampire, then I understand. But if that info can show up on the NDs page, I think it would be nice and adds another layer of depth to the story of that type of dragon.

Not the most wide reaching issue, I admit, but that may change over time and I don't see how the change hurts anything (barring technical issues, of course).

I do think it would be fun to keep that. Part of the history of the dragon, if you will.

Me too, I love to have the full history (except in the case of planned deadlines which I WANT BACK !!)

If every other dragon knows who bit it - why not these ? Haven't they enough problems without their medical history being stolen away ? xd.png

Yes, I support this - I like NDs (and indeed dragons in general) with interesting histories/lineages, and a Neglected Vampire is certainly interesting! smile.gif

Me too, I love to have the full history (except in the case of planned deadlines which I WANT BACK !!)

What does 'planned dealines' mean?

What does 'planned dealines' mean?

In the Good Old Days, if you carefully planned out a lineage like this:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/73DVe

the lineage before that lovely line of tombstones vanished.

No more sad.gif

That little shocker is a 25th gen and according to someone the most complicatedly inbred dragon on DC. But I didn't want him to know smile.gif It took me AGES to build him up, and JUST before the egg was bread bred - the change was made. *sob*

Edited by fuzzbucket

That little shocker is a 25th gen and according to someone the most complicatedly inbred dragon on DC.

That throne is rightfully mine: http://dragcave.net/lineage/aRg8j (42nd gen with 19647 dragons appearing more than once)

And back on topic, it would be interesting if the biting record is retained when a breed is transformed to something else (ND, zombie, or anything new in the future). I mean hey, normal lineages get preserved, why not the bite record?

That throne is rightfully mine: http://dragcave.net/lineage/aRg8j (42nd gen with 19647 dragons appearing more than once)

And back on topic, it would be interesting if the biting record is retained when a breed is transformed to something else (ND, zombie, or anything new in the future). I mean hey, normal lineages get preserved, why not the bite record?

Yes - that one of yours came up at the time - but according to ext, mine has special complexities (I don't know what this means, but he was using it as an example when all the lineage counters were struggling at one point, as it is for some reason therefore more likely to crash lineage checkers !)

I'm not likely to ever have an ND which was once a Vampire, but if I did I would want the world to know. wink.gif That just makes it that much more special and is part of who it is, so I think it should show.

I can't see any harm in this, so whilst it probably won't affect me, I don't see any reason not to change it.

JUST before the egg was bread - the change was made.
I do like bread eggs. tongue.gif Edited by TheGrox

I can't see any harm in this, so whilst it probably won't affect me, I don't see any reason not to change it.

I do like bread eggs. tongue.gif

xd.png

Oops smile.gif

Ah they removed that..... I'd like to see the vampbite history remain. It would quite exciting in a way to have a dragon go through two changes.

Agree. I don't have any neglecteds yet, but I'd certainly want to see that piece of the dragon's history if I successfully neglected a vampire.

Good grief. This is my dream, honestly. A vampire egg turned neglected. Not that I'll ever have a snowball's chance in hell of getting, much less making one, but oh my, how I've daydreamt about neglected dragons that remember they were bitten by a vampire. ninja.gif

So, yes please! user posted image

Good grief. This is my dream, honestly. A vampire egg turned neglected. Not that I'll ever have a snowball's chance in hell of getting, much less making one, but oh my, how I've daydreamt about neglected dragons that remember they were bitten by a vampire. ninja.gif

So, yes please! user posted image

One of mine is vamp gone neglected gone zombie. laugh.gif

Anyway, it's pretty much like leaving lineages on a neglected, so I am in favor of this going through.

I think it makes sense to keep this part of history. I'd like to see it. Due to a comment in another thread, this may not be something that can be applied retroactively but it sounds like it's something TJ could work for the future. But that's just from a comment in another thread that I'm making assumptions off of. laugh.gif

I like this idea, I already like to ND lineages and to get a vamp- ND and have the bitten by info stay... hmmm i have a few "original" vamps, that need to feed more often....*wanders off to plot evil things.

and you know i would give the first one to you, pinkgothic.

I think it makes sense to keep this part of history. I'd like to see it. Due to a comment in another thread, this may not be something that can be applied retroactively but it sounds like it's something TJ could work for the future. But that's just from a comment in another thread that I'm making assumptions off of.  laugh.gif

Yeah, I'm also unsure if it could be a retroactive thing, so while that would be nice I'd totally be okay with a change just going forward if that's what's doable.

I will say, though, that the link to the Neglected stays on the page of the Vampire that bit it. So while the ND doesn't say "Bitten By", if you go to the biting Vamps page it says, "Bitten:" and the ND's name/code shows up on that list. So it seems to me that 1) the information is still in the system, and 2) that the link on the ND page doesn't necessarily disappear because in-game logic says that fact needs to go away, because it's still accessible.

Don't know if that means anything, but there it is. laugh.gif

I also think it'd be nice if the link stayed there. It's neat backstory, if an uncommon one.

Edited by Dimar

I will say, though, that the link to the Neglected stays on the page of the Vampire that bit it.  So while the ND doesn't say "Bitten By", if you go to the biting Vamps page it says, "Bitten:" and the ND's name/code shows up on that list.  So it seems to me that 1) the information is still in the system, and 2) that the link on the ND page doesn't necessarily disappear because in-game logic says that fact needs to go away, because it's still accessible.

Don't know if that means anything, but there it is. laugh.gif

Your're right, the vampire's page shows the ND's name. I have a 'bitten' ND and I kept the link to the Vampire as proof but one day I lost it and it took me a lot of creative googling to find it again, since the Vamp has lost it's name >.> http://dragcave.net/lineage/9Bkg2

So a big YES for this suggestion.

Edited by natli

I didn't even know Vampires could become NDs until I saw this thread. I agree - the link should stay.

The bitten by link should stay, but I'll just point something out...

Dorkwed x Dorkwed Spriters alt CB gold silver bronze CB tinsles all in a super nice lineage neglected.

Plus a bitten by link.

Don't you think trading will, I don't know...

"I want a Dorkwed x Spriters alt neglected"

"Easy! I have 2."

"And they must have a bitten by link, and they must be bitten by Dorkwed* vamp with a *crazy lineage goes here*"

"..."

I'm JUST pointing something out, don't hate or anything. Don't quote me and say "Nobody cares BRO". Because I'm Mr.NoOneCares.

* = Yes, there isn't one. I think.

Edited by Drinking_Water

The bitten by link should stay, but I'll just point something out...

Dorkwed x Dorkwed Spriters alt CB gold silver bronze CB tinsles all in a super nice lineage neglected.

Plus a bitten by link.

Don't you think trading will, I don't know...

"I want a Dorkwed x Spriters alt neglected"

"Easy! I have 2."

"And they must have a bitten by link, and they must be bitten by Dorkwed* vamp with a *crazy lineage goes here*"

"..."

I'm JUST pointing something out, don't hate or anything. Don't quote me and say "Nobody cares BRO". Because I'm Mr.NoOneCares.

* = Yes, there isn't one. I think.

Probably not, actually. Mostly, people want CB NDs. Damned if I know why - NDs can't breed, so people only have them for bragging rights and if it's CB you can't say whether or not it was a rare! I tried trading an ex-Shimmer ND with a clean lineage recently and got very few sensible offers - he grew up on my scroll. ND collectors might sit up and take notice of an ND with an unusual lineage or a Bite history (for myself, I still need some frozen NDs with and without the forced message - and now some ex-Vamp NDs xd.png), but most people won't care. *shrug*

(Also, maybe not a Dorkwed and not an ex-Vamp, but I do have this and I love it! First Shimmer to be turned, to the best of my knowledge. tongue.gif And if I did another now it'd probably trade for sod-all...)

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Mostly, people want CB NDs.  Damned if I know why

Beats me. laugh.gifI especially love lineaged unbreedables. There are, fortunately, people out there who appreciate them. I'm a little obsessed. I think I might be one of the main reasons The Count Project has a lot of gorgeously lineaged vampires... once you get the ball rolling...

But I digress.

I do think that if this can be tracked, people will want it. smile.gif I mean, just looking at this thread and the feedback in it, alone... it might be a bit niche, but it's definitely a niche with passionate fans.

And, perhaps more importantly, I think it makes sense to display the information - and it does seem to be in the system (as per the info on the vampire sire's page), so I have the hope that it's only a small display tweak. happy.gif