GalaxyPassion13

Dragon Cave Superstitions

What are your dragon cave superstitions? Do you think that it is unlucky to use female electrics when summoning GoN eggs, or lucky to breed a single gold to a common and get loads of gold eggs? Share your superstitions here tongue.gif

I apologize if there's a topic out there like this, if there is, this may be locked.

*Please note that, of course, these aren't proven facts. Just a topic to share what you think may be lucky/unlucky to you)

Edited by GalaxyPassion13

When my dragons grow up, I have to name them before they can breed. Otherwise they will refuse or not be interested.

(I don't really think it makes a difference, it just feels wrong. Like I don't even care enough about the dragon to name it, but still expect it to give me an egg. And why would two dragons make babies when they don't even know each other's names?)

Edited by Confused Cat

I find that whenever a dragon is uninfluenced and I desperately wants it to gender right, it genders wrong, and the best lineages are the ones that gender wrong mad.gif

Mine is pretty much the opposite of Confused Cat's. When breeding lineaged dragons, I only name them once I guarantee they have not refused each other. I feel like naming them will increase the chance of refusal because... reasons.

It's stupid, I know. I keep getting refusals all the same, but at least I don't have to rename them before tossing them into the refusal pile.

When dragons are CB it doesn't matter if they're named or not, so I usually name them before I breed them.

Adult male dragons: 494

Adult female dragons: 520

It's not very female heavy, and I don't really use pink that much (only for lineages) but whenever I pay attention to gender on my scroll, my dragons keep gendering female...I thought it's because of my mind "influenced" them, as I like girls better generally and I'm an enthusiast of yuri dry.gif

Edit for typo

Edited by love_HP

I never use fertility when I first breed two dragons together, because I'm afraid that they'll refuse each other. xd.png

I always summon with a particular female Ice, as she was who I was using the first time I successfully summoned xd.png

Not sure if this is "superstition" but... the longer intervals between you breed two of your dragons, the better the chance they produce egg. I see no proof it is confirmed.

Not sure if this is "superstition" but... the longer intervals between you breed two of your dragons, the better the chance they produce egg. I see no proof it is confirmed.

Actually, IIRC, TJ09 has said that is true.

Actually, IIRC, TJ09 has said that is true.

That's quite a long time ago and I really doubt it.

Edited by Shelybear

My recent superstition that now do is use fertility on both dragons where really important they do not refuse - funnily enough no refusals on this method as yet though only recently started.

My superstition is that I almost never name my dragons, and I think my dragons hate me because I have yet to name 90+ percent of them.

Another superstition I have is actually some sort of karma... the more you give to people, the nicer you are to people, the more will come to you xd.png So there's this ritual that every time I got lucky (successfully summoning GoN, caught a CB gold, bred an uncooperative pair and get the right egg, got a very nice trade, received a gift...) I spread the joy to people, looking at random users' profile and glomp them with something off their wishlist biggrin.gif

I won't breed a dragon as soon as it grows up. I usually wait at least a day. I feel like they are more likely to refuse if you breed them too soon.

Mine is pretty much the opposite of Confused Cat's. When breeding lineaged dragons, I only name them once I guarantee they have not refused each other. I feel like naming them will increase the chance of refusal because... reasons.

It's stupid, I know. I keep getting refusals all the same, but at least I don't have to rename them before tossing them into the refusal pile.

When dragons are CB it doesn't matter if they're named or not, so I usually name them before I breed them.

Yes, same here. My lineage dragons have to prove that they're worthy members of their lineage (i.e., by *not* refusing their intended mate) before they're allowed their proper lineage name! xd.png

I tend to agree with purplehaze, too - I always feel that breeding newly adult dragons ends with more refusals (though I have absolutely no proof of this, of course...)

ETA: Oh, and dragons never breed the egg you want if you have loads of space. Want a Gold from a Gold x Common pair? They'll only give commons unless it's your very last egg-slot and you're loaded with things you really want to keep. And then you'll see loads of neat things in the Cave/AP that you can't catch. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I know this *totally* stupid, but in my headcanon I feel like having too many CB dragons on my scroll will somehow turn my bred dragons against me. Like, taking in too many "foreigners" and they have to protect their cave or something... Although I strangely don't have the same mindset about AP eggs.

I personally believe that whenever I have a scroll full of eggs (which isn't too terribly often nowadays) that the Cave(s) decide right then to throw in all the CB Rares and Uncommons that I like to try to catch....

because of this, I have yet to have any CB Golds or Silvers (though I do see them when I have this going on... and that's the only time I ever do) and very little Chickens, Papers or Cheeses... infact, I'm unsure if I even own a Cheese xd.png

of course, once I have just one slot open, the eggs mentioned take that time to disappear for months at a time... never to be seen by me until I chock my scroll full again....

Edited by Dragonhatchling

When I'm using Fertility, I like to use the same gender on the dragon I using it. Female purple on the female dragon and male purple on male. smile.gif

And when I really, really am trying to breed an egg from a productive pair for someone, they show no interest or no egg for weeks.

Oh, and when I'm doing some seriously good breeding, then there is new release. >.> Yes, I know I can calculate the date but my dragons are more cooperative the closer it is to a release.

I try to be on the IRC when going hunting in the biomes. That's how I caught my Thunder.

I suspect that once one of my dragons has refused once, it'll refuse every other dragon I try to breed it with, regardless of its rarity.

Also, it seems as if the more often I try to get a specific egg from a pair of dragons, the more often I will get the wrong egg.

If my papers aren't named for a piece of music I really like they will cast a spell on all my instruments so that I'll never play the piece on it well again.

Must be why I am aiming to grab a bunch of papers before August/September when pretty much every orchestra is holding auditions.

I "believe" that when attempting to breed hybrids, it is best to wait until after the first week or so passes because the two normal dragons seem to refuse _much more_ during the "new release" week than afteward. Or its just bad luck. So while I'd rush to get new eggs, I now wait for hybrids.

Also, it seems as if the more often I try to get a specific egg from a pair of dragons, the more often I will get the wrong egg.

*glares at her water/magi pair*

I have to name an egg as soon as I've noticed it's hatched, even if it's something silly like "Temp name 1/2/3/4"

I don't breed dragons until they are named (usually). And I don't move newly-grown dragons from the front of my scroll until they are named...in order to prompt me to name them sooner so they can go to their respective scroll areas. And I use frozen hatchies to separate the CB's from the bred dragons.

Not sure if those are really superstitions (more like sorting techniques), but...

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

The chances of breeding a rare increases when

-you are scroll locked

-it's a long, messy lineage

-no one wants that rare at the time being

-you want the common egg

The chances of breeding a rare decreases when

-you use fertility and beg

-you are fulfilling an IOU

-the rare you are trying to breed is going for 3rd gen tinsels at the time

-it's a CB x CB or mega thuwed lineage with spriter's alt bases x mega dorkface lineage with prizes