woopoo

The Survival of the Packs

Maktow sat still, though his attention was wandering and he kept shuffling his paws. When she was finally done, he turned around and jumped towards her. "Play with me, Mama?" He asked hopefully, batting at her paws.

Crescent nuzzled Snowbell again.

"All is well here," he sighed. "It will be fine for us stay together for a while."

He looked reassuringly at her.

Gideon crept through the forest, following Toral. He was nervous, but also excited.

Snowbell - Moonshadow Alpha

"Yeah," Snowbell agreed, settling down and licking Crescent's ear, relaxing in the presence of her mate. She always felt so much less tense when with Crescent, so much better.

Dallas blinked at Gideon, sharing the same nervousness, but he did his best to hide it. His amber eyes gleamed as he noticed the MoonShadow Camp stood before the group.

Edited by 20mia08

Khayen padded silently forward. There was no conversation going on, just the animals around them narrating their day. So far, it had been uneventful. However, that had changed when the detachment chanced upon an Oakland wolf. Khayen inspected the adversary, with trademark warrior eyes. The other wolf was probably a hunter, he lacked the cold eyes that came after you killed someone. His job would also explain why he was out in the woods alone, without any support. Indeed, a fight here would be rather unfair. That was not meant to insult the other wolf, as he was stocky and looked rather large for his age. It was simply two hardened wolves and a beta against a lone hunter. In fact, it wouldn't even have been a battle. Khayen could have simply lunged forward and tore their opponents throat out before so much as a word could be spoken.

Not that he would have, of course. Such a thing would be dishonorable. Not to mention cowardly. So Khayen adopted a rather bored look on his face, as though this entire affair was a waste of his precious time. Of course, it wasn't. Protecting the pack leaders was no waste. It may have been boring, to be true, but it was not strictly a waste of time.

"State your name, age, and occupation, Oakland," said Khayen simply. He wanted to get this entire encounter over with as soon as possible so as to complete their mission and return home. If they were to be jumped by a larger force, then it would simply come down to who could run home with their tails tucked behind their legs faster. It was dangerous to stay in one place without cover. Not that Toral would take his advice. Khayen was a simple two-year-old warrior. Hardly a threat by anyone's standards. Of course, he had taken those standards and shoved them directly where the sun don't shine. That would likely be the reason why Toral had invited the Young Wolf along with him. And of course, taking Fortuna along had been his idea. It was wise to roam in groups of three.

Khayen stood forward, but slightly to the right so as to give Toral unobstructed view of the front. Fortuna would likely be mimicking his maneuver, although slightly to the left instead. This technique had usually worked well, due to the lack of ranged weaponry. What was a wolf to do, throw rocks?

[Mia, if you don't mind, perhaps we could kidnap you?]

Edited by Astrodeath311

((I suppose that's fine, but Dallas is powerful, so it should take a few wolves. Also, what about Gideon, since he's with him?))

Dallas - Oakland Warrior

Dallas stepped in front of his fellow Oakland-Pack-Member, letting his pelt bristle and double his size. The black and silver male wolf barred his fangs at the Moonshadow wolves, asking himself if he should answer the question the young wolf had asked him. I suppose I have no choice, I can't risk a battle with a Beta, especially with a hunter with me. Dallas thought, raising his head, his amber eyes cold. And I can't blow the cover of our attack either. Dallas thought, flicking his right ear before glancing back at Gideon and then back at the three Moonshadow wolves.

Dallas, I'm a warrior. A powerful young warrior. Gideon and I accidentally passed over our territory and onto yours, we were chasing quite a meaty young buck, which would be a terrible loss if we didn't catch it. Dallas growled, trying his best to not sound so threatening.

Avi - Moonshadow Hunter

Avi padded away from where she had been sleeping and pricked her ears, scenting Oakland. She could hear Khayen talking, and also an unknown-voice. Oakland...What could they be doing here, on our territory? She pondered, a bit angry and afraid. She padded out from camp, spotting the silver-and-black male Oakland warriors with a hunter.

Aster Moonshadow

"That's weird." Aster said as Avi walked away. "Hey wait up!" She called. She followed Avi until she saw multiple wolves. It striked her when she noticed not all were Moonshadow. She stood there and stared. What is going on? Aster asked herself.

[Err... I mean Gideon SHOULD run at the first sign of trouble so he can go get his pack. A hunter vs. a hunter, two warriors, and a beta is hardly a fair fight.]

Khayen chuckled, staring the other wolf down with murder in his eyes. Such an act was foolhardy, performed only by those who had death wishes. You don't provoke the enemy when you're out-wolfed especially with a hunter in your midst. Khayen yawned simply, taking in a breath of air to speak.

"I would not do that if I were you, Oakland Dallas. I might get the wrong idea and kill you where you stand. After all, you're a warrior same as me... you know how easily we can be set off, yes?" Khayen said with a tinge of malice in his tone. "And of course, you can always go back and find it again. That is, if you got close enough to mark the beast." Khayen cocked his head to the side, keeping his throat concealed. That was the kill point, that part of your body another wolf would latch onto to end your life. It was essentially like choking you to death, but there was another, messier, way to do it.

Khayen took a seat, shifting his attention to the hunter. So far they'd basically let the warrior do all the talking.

"You, other Oakland. Is what he says true?" Warriors were experienced liars. It was something they would have to do at one point in their lives. Everyone else, however, was not. This was a game of wits, but Khayen sensed something sinister down the road, something he couldn't quite place.

Edited by Astrodeath311

Dallas - Oakland Warrior

Dallas laid his ears on the back of his head, remaining where he stood. There was no way he'd let these wolves harm his Pack-mate, even if he was just a Hunter. Boy, if I find this Moonshadow wolf alone one day, he's not going to return to his pack. Acting like a Beta, feh! Who made him in charge? Dallas thought, noticing more wolves incoming. The silver-and-black warrior looked back behind him, and then at Gideon. We're most certainly out-wolved, and I can't risk Gideon's life. I could put up more of a fight if I wish to, but he's just a hunter. If he flees....I suppose that may be his best choice for survival. Then he can spread word to the pack, and let them know out group's down. Dallas told himself, gazing at Gideon as if telling him to run.

Avi - Moonshadow Hunter

Avi stepped forward, being a peaceful wolf, and glanced at Khayen. Khayen, there's no reason to kill him. He's not acting very threatening, and if he's with a hunter, do you think he'd really want to fight? She barked, flicking her tail and continuing on without waiting for a response. So why don't we just take him prisoner instead of fighting? It'll just be easier that way, and less gory. Avi murmured, tipping her head to the side. Sure, she didn't like Oakland one bit, but she didn't exactly love fighting. Hating Oakland was natural for her, since she was a descendant of Al; she felt like it was her job to hate Oakland.

Edited by 20mia08

Username: RavenTheMinx

Name: Sky

Pack: moonshadow

Appearance: A silvery gray wolf, small in stature but with keen dark eyes.

Personality: Not the serious type, infact even known to argue with her pack. Sky is witty, and refuses to be brought down from Oakland pack, but she doesn't despise them.

History: -not much?- raised in moonshadow, some could doubt sky's loyalty but all the same she loves where she is.. but not agreeing with all her pack-mates!

Crush/mate: n/a

Pups: n/a

any questions? -ask away!-

((Should we continue on without Toral, or can't we?)) ((Oh yeah, and I'll be creating two more wolves tomorrow, one in each pack...After I get out of work.))

((Wait what? It seems that Moonshadow is threatening Oakland when they are in their camp. What has happened? 0.0))

((Gideon and Dallas were separated and caught, I believe...?))

((Sorry for not posting...))

Aster

She started to back up. She didn't want anything to happen and if something did she didn't want to see it.I'm a coward backing out like this, Avi on the other hand, well she is strong, No she wasn't a coward at all, it was just too soon. Once she was far enough away she bolted back into camp to warn others. She rushed into camp panicking and panting.

((I'll post a longer post when I know more of what to wright.))

Avi ~ Moonshadow Hunter

AVi twitched her ear, her gaze following Aster as she left. Whatever that was about. Now, back to business...Waiting for a response. Avi thought, remaining planted to the spot where she stood.