woopoo

The Survival of the Packs

As Meg loped into the Oakland pack temporary camp the first thing he smelt was distress, then mate, then mate distress.

Whining slightly Meg listened in on some other wolves as they said that, apparently, some wolf had heard a Moonshadow.

'How on earth did we end up close enough to hear them?' he asked himself worriedly as he lifting himself onto his back haunches slightly to find Eve, rushing over to her once he had done so.

Whining again and looking over her to make sure she wasn't physically harmed, Meg licked Eve's nose and rubbed up against her, "Hey." he said shortly, licking her face again, "You ok?"

Snowbell nuzzled Crescent a bit more, enjoying the intimacy, though shed never admit it. "Sure. Let's go." She bumped Crescent playfully before running off. "Catch me if you can!"

With a dog-like bark, Crescent raced off in pursuit of Snowbell, running as fast as his powerful legs could carry him. He leapt through the leaves and bushes after her, thoroughly enjoying himself.

"I'm..I'm all right," Eve replied, grateful of his presence. "I heard a Moonshadow, and I overreacted I think. Nothing's happened."

But she shivered anyway at the idea of those savage wolves attacking the Oakland pack, and glued herself to his side anyway.

Rain snarled under her breath. Someone was watching her. She could feel their eyes bore into her coat, setting alive with electricity. An audit swiveled around, scooping the sounds with it. What was happening?

(Are there any queens that need a pup? Otherwise I'll just apply with a full grown wolf)

((Are healers allowed mates? Or is this kinda like the Warrior Cats?

@Sweet_Wyvern I can make one if you want.))

Crimson jolted, her eyes wide as she peered back to the wolf that had spoken to her. "Oh?" She muttered gently, her mind racing. She become quiet, her jaw opening and closing like a fish when Fortuna spoke. "Um... Uh..." She cleared her throat. "Herbs are what I use, and what all healers use as well. And a moony?" She blinked gently, her eyes scanning the hunter.

"Oh... You mean Moonshadow wolves... I'm not so sure what to think about that. As long as they stay on their side and don't make trouble im fine with it," she explained her thoughts, glancing down to the leaves that were piled by her front paws.

Baron's lips drew back in a short snarl. "I wasn't, thank you very much," he spat with much hate. It was obvious that he should give up being mates with her.

But he didn't care. "I just wanted to know where you were," he added more casually, his voice dropping volume.

Toral watched the other wolf with a bit of amusement. He finished off his meal before standing up and walking over to Khayen, sitting down gently. "Khayen? After you're done I thinm you could find another wolf to go hunting but if you can't find anyone to come with you, we can go and check on Oakland Pack." He ordered before giving a swift nod.

Edited by Tiga

Snowbell let out a playful bark as she ran, allowing her inner pup free reign. She darted suddenly around a large bush and crouched down, waiting for her mate to near so she could "ambush" him.

Icis carefully turned her head, Her eyes widened. She had guessed correctly, a big brown bear was standing a few meters behind her with a angry look on its face. She knew it would be plain stupid to fight it alone since it was much bigger, and had huge claws. She has little choice but to run for the forest, she bolts away into the forest. letting out a great howl

Fortuna was in the midst of digging a great hole, dirt was flying as he was digging it deeper and deeper, <<It needs to be much bigger than this>>

he thinks to himself. Fortuna had gotten the idea to build a trap, in case oaklands or other enemies could turn up. Dirt continued to fly as he kept digging

Raven rolled her eyes. And you wonder why I don't like you. You act like an immature pup when you don't get your way. Her tail flicked in annoyance. You can't respect my wishes and realize I'm just not ready yet. The she-wolf shook her head. If you continue like this, that chance you had will surely be gone. Raven headed back towards her den, her ears shoved forward in irritation. You're an alpha now, so act like it. With that, she disapeared inside.

"Yeah, I guess so," replied Gideon. "I think that Eve's just scared they'll do something. They have attacked us before, after all. Anyway, I'd better go hunting."

He trotted off into the forest, sniffing the ground and flicking his ears - looking for prey. Instead, there was a distinct howl of distress. He howled back and shot into the forest. Someone was in trouble! He soon reached the source of the sound. Looking briskly around, he saw a fleeing female and...a huge brown bear that was staring hungrily right at him. He whimpered and ran off as fast as he could. The bear would not follow, he would know that he was no match for wolves' speed, even if he was stronger otherwise.

Gideon thought for a moment. Who had that female been? He thought about the female members of the Oakland pack. It wasn't them...it must be a Moonshadow. Eve had been right! They were nearby. Whether they were dangerous was another matter entirely.

Growling harshly, he quickly hunted a large deer and dragged it back to the pack. The other wolves could have it. Where were Baron and Raven? They needed to be told about the nearing opposition.

Crescent saw Snowbell suddenly disappear. Yapping, he bounded around the bushes, searching calmly for her.

"I know you're there!" he shouted enthusiastically. "Come on, come out!"

Icis was completely exhausted after the run, She wanted to lay down so badly. She stopped next to some berry bushes, it was a nice resting spot. Icis carefully laid down next to them, and let the gentle breeze fly trough her fur. She felt so at peace just laying here, feeling the soft grass under her. Her eyes slowly closed, and minutes after she was sleeping

Fortuna in the meantime had finished his Trap. The hole was now so deep that he had barely managed to climb back up, so he could start covering it with leaves. He sits down next to it smiling with pride, <Now nobody can sneak in on us without detection > he thinks to himself

(Tiga, are you sure? You don't have to if you don't want to)

Khayen chewed on his meat, dropping it and standing at attention as his Beta approached. He nodded rigidly, like a member of the military might. He noted what his superior said, then stared into space.

"I'm not the best hunter, sir. I'd only get in the way; better to leave my talent at killing for other wolves." He let his head down a bit, as though ashamed of something.

"However, I suppose I am sneaky enough to perform some recon with you, sir."

Khayen remembered his unfinished meal, then let out a heavy sigh after sitting back down. He chewed on it, awaiting a reply.

Rain relaxed. It was just a normal wolf, prowling around. Glancing back wairly one last time, she then followed Toral's scent. Good morning, She said brightly. Her tail waved shyly, and she blushed slightly. Quit acting so foolish.

After a while, Raven trotted back outside. Her eyes sought Baron.

While he could be a jerk, he was still handsome. She growled under her breath. The pack comes first.

Quickly, Snowbell leaped out of the bush and tackled Crescent to the ground. "I got ya!"

Willow smiled to herself as she looked down at the three dead rabbits. She was very, very much satisfied with what she had accomplished today. Picking up the three rabbits, she trotted back to camp, looking as if she had been grooming herself instead of running through the forest.

"Alright then," Toral nodded blankly, before yelping at the sound of his mate. ((They are mates right?)) "Morning Rain," he nuzzled her neck affectionally. "We might go out on a patrol of the border, Khayen will join me. Would you?" He explained with smile.

He understand the look the hunter gave to his prey and knew that he was hungry. He was buying him time to eat.

Baron glared at Raven before turning around. He saw Gideon entered with a wild look, even if he carried a deer. He caught the faintest whiff of bear on the wolf's fur as well. He padded up with pricked ears towards the other male.

"Bear?" Baron asked in a hushed tone, trying to stop getting his pack in panic.

Crimson watched him go with sad eyes. Stop it! Crimson... You need to work! she willed herself to move and sort the herbs. She saw Gideon return and Baron speak with him. Deciding to not disturb the two, she settled down on her belly and began to examine each leaf carefully, sorting them out in piles.

((@Sweet_Wyvern Don't worry, I can do it. Post your form first so I know what to do for mine.))

Edited by Tiga

((No, but now they are. xd.png ))

Rain snuggled closer to him, trying to rid herself of the morning chill. Of course. Her mood ebbed into a more serious one. I think someone was watching me this morning. I mean, I saw Jenga, ((NPC wolf)) But I don't think it was her. She say down and curled her tail around her paws. I'm worried, Toral.

Raven took up key with Baron, and herded the rest of the pack away and upwind from the two wolves. Once she'd tasked them with jobs, the alpha female headed back towards Baron, easing herself in next to him. Are you alright? How did he carry that thing by himself?

Toral gave his mate a lick to her ear. "Jenga?" He spoke out hazily. "Then we should tell Cresent... We need to discus this with them, we can't go around making orders just by ourselves," he said, pressing his fur closer to Rain.

"It seems we do need a patrol of the border now, right Khayen?"

Baron watched the alphess angrily, but toned down his emotions. How can she all of a sudden act all happy like we are mates? he spat in his mind.

"A bear," he said plainly, his neck fur bristling, with the threat of an enemy animal.

Icis woke from her sleep feeling awake and ready for work, she picks up the Aloe vera plants she had picked before and starts her way back to camp. After half an hour she is there,

<<Guys you will never guess what happened>> Icis goes to the healer zone and puts the Aloe vera plants down, before going back to the group

<<While collecting I managed to bump into a BEAR, not nice at all>>

Fortuna goes looking for Khayen, he finds him near the food storage chewing on some meat.

<<Khay! my friend, you gotta come and look at my trap invention>>

Fortuna smiles eagerly

Edited by Joste

Hiii c:

Username: Dragongirl10188

Name: Kaia.

Pack: Oakland.

Appearance: This, the rest of her body is the same brown-ish colour, but she has light cream coloured paws, cream coloured tip of tail and a dark brown saddle marking on her back. Yeah, she has two feathers in her ear. (( I drew that art work, so if you steal it I will gladly find you. c: ))

Personality: Kaia can be somewhat sarcastic, stubborn and overall an unfriendly wolf if she comes across someone she doesn't like. It isn't easy to earn her trust or befriend her, but once you do, she can become a loyal friend. Although selfish when it comes to other wolves she doesn't know, she can protect or serve her friends well in the long run. Kaia doesn't believe in many things, and one of them is trust, so be careful if you earn her trust then break it. In a friendship, she can be quite funny and somewhat kind.

History: Her history is pretty simple, she was born into a normal litter and a normal pack quite a few territories away. A bushfire ripped through the pack's territory, however, and she found herself alone without her parents. A tribe found her, and she was raised there, often being 'painted' and two feathers were put behind her ear. For most of her life, she was raised within the human tribe and learnt to trust others easily. However, towards being two years old, a man in the village betrayed everyone and set a tent on fire. The tent had been Kaia's master's tent, and he died in the fire. Terrified and not sure what to do, she ran away, and soon found the Oakland pack.

Crush/mate: Meh.

Pups: ...

Edited by DragonGirl10188

Username: Sweet_Wyvern

Name: Maktow

Pack: Oakland

Appearance: http://s1165.photobucket.com/user/7rasta77...774248.jpg.html

Personality: Being a pup, Maktow is naturally very impressionable and naive. He's also very playful and has a habit of getting up under everyone's paws to the point of annoyance. He's unlikely to get into a fight, unless its a play fight in which case he won't be stopped unless he's physically dragged away. He'll be friends with anyone.

History: Born.

Crush/mate: none

Pups: none

Edited by Sweet_Wyvern

((Both are accepted! Welcome! Joste, Icis is a Moonshadow, what's she doing casually amongst the Oaklands?))

Although Crescent had been expecting her arrival, he still jumped and whimpered when she pounced on him. However, he soon reprieved. As he lay on his back, he began to growl and flicked himself up.

"Hey, mercy, ok, I surrender!" he barked laughingly. "Look, there's the pack. Let's get to them."

He gestured through the trees with his long nose.

"Yes, bear," replied Gideon. "But that's the least of our worries, by far. That bear'll stick to his own territory. No, the concern is the Moonshadow pack. I don't know if Eve told you, but she heard one of them. And I saw one too, fleeing from the bear."

"I didn't tell him," Eve had arrived, and was now staring seriously at the pack's alpha. "Baron, as soon as they see us, we're busted. We need to do something, fast!"

ah god , I mix up everything *Hits head against wall* will edit

(( *whispers* Double posting. wink.gif

Why does the wink face look like they have no clue how to wink? Or smile. ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010