woopoo

The Survival of the Packs

Can't take it... Must start... Must make more characters...

Username: SL

Name: Moonbreak

Pack: Oakland

Appearance: A large grey wolf with scars along his flank. His tail seems like it's been chopped short and his left ear is missing the tip

Personality: Moonbreak is a rather stoic wolf. He usually doesn't talk much or anything. However, he's known for being vicious and aggressive on the battlefield.

History: Moonbreak used to have a mate, but she was killed in battle and their pup was lost. It was after that that Moonbreak became stoic and aggressive, when before he was cheerful and passive.

Crush/mate: N/A

Pups: Willow

Username: SL

Name: Willow

Pack: Moonshadow

Appearance: Willow is a small wolf with a blue-grey coat. Her pelt is impeccably groomed and it appears as if she's never had to fight a day in her life, dainty and delicate. Of course, that's not the case.

Personality: Willow is a sweet wolf and acts like a princess. She dislikes fighting, but doesn't mind hunting, even though she's more often seen with the pups than any of the other wolves.

History: She doesn't know it, but she's the long list daughter of Moonbreak of the Oakland Pack

Pups: N/A

Come on, everyone! One more form, then we start! Moonshadow warrior needed! After that we can start, but don't worry, I will still be accepting after the start! I want to start, someone sign up!

Come on, everyone! One more form, then we start! Moonshadow warrior needed! After that we can start, but don't worry, I will still be accepting after the start! I want to start, someone sign up!

Wow, I just realised how much I said start there.

A) Oops. I need to stop that.

B)Normally the Alphas of each pack and the Betas of each pack are together, although...

C)If you want to change this, you need to talk to Tiga who has Baron.

I don't mind of they become mates eventually.... But he just needs to win Raven's heart. Just because Baron was booted up to Alpha Male, doesn't automatically make them mates... And the Alpha pair don't necessarily be mates. They can even be siblings in some cases.

I'm happy to see how it goes. I won't change anything. xd.png

Username: Joste

Name: Fortuna

user posted image

History: Ever since he was born, one could see he would one day become a strong Warrior, Fortuna is strong and has a Sharp mind, he loves water, and can often (when not on guard) be found swimming around in the lake. He has lost the sight on his left eye, because of his youth fighting. Fortuna loves to joke With the females in the flock, much to their annoyance

Pups: none

Edited by Joste

Username: Astrodeath3

Name: Khayen

Pack: Moonshadow.

Appearance: His fur is a deep maroon

Personality: Khayen is a silent guardian. He rarely speaks, and only when he feels the situation is ready to blow or his opinion is asked. He is one of the best fighters in the pack, and is loyal to the Alpha beyond the shadow of a doubt. In short, he's a quiet giant.

History: Rough in his younger age, Khayen has mellowed with time. However, he is still a beautiful beast and skilled in the art of war.

Crush/mate: None. This may change, however.

Am I to assume these are the magical wolves that can speak, or do we communicate through gestures and vocalization?

Yes, Astrodeath, these wolves will speak.

Thanks for the new sign ups, but ai just realized that we also need the Moonshadow Beta Female. Sorry about that :/

Edited by woopoo

((I'll make her.))

Username: RavenWolf1010

Name: Rain

Appearance: Rain is a silver she-wolf with grey eyes to match. She's lithe, but big.

Personality: A friendly she-wolf, she's naturally caring and empathetic. However, she's like a coin. Flip it, and you'll find an angry, vicious, built-to-kill animal. Be wary what side you end up on.

History: Rain's origin is unknown. She's secretive, and seems to always be lost in her own thoughts.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Yep! smile.gif We can begin...

Crescent gazed down the hill onto his pack, counting the heads carefully. They were in an eastern forest right next to the wailing shore where prey was thriving - though he lived in fear of the Oakland pack finding them. Rumour had it that they had been seen here very recently.

Satisfied, he called for his mate.

"Snowbell!" he called. "Snowbell!"

Eve woke up early that morning, in a small shady cave. The soft sound of splashing water from the nearby stream washed over her. She perked up, peering into the forest. What that...another wolf she had heard? Distant but true, I was calling ,"Snowbell!" She instantly felt uneasy.

"Moonshadow!" she cried. "Wake up everyone

Gideon looked up at the distressed wolf.

"What's wrong, Eve? What is it?"

He was hardly awake and was in no mood to discuss matters like this.

The obsidian she-wolf moved carefully through the early morning darkness. An audit flicked, drawn by the snapping of branches. There. A hare moved quietly, scavenging for nuts or grass, unaware of the beast stalking it. Raven dipped low, her gold eyes locking onto the mammal. It froze, it's nose twitching. Strike now. The wolf leapt, catching the fur of the mammal in her teeth neatly. It squealed, but with a heavy paw, she silenced it. The forest was quiet, shaken by the small game's futile cry for help. But as the sun reared it's head over the horizon, the chirping birds resumed. The alphess hadn't been able to sleep that night. It had been that way for a while now.

Raven scooped up the hare, and began to lope back to her pack's den. They would just be beginning to stir now. It took only a few hundred pawsteps to reach her den, overlooking the clearing which her pack would carry out their duties. Settling down, she feasted on her kill.

The lithe wolf perked her ears. Someone was yelling. She set down the poultice she'd been working on, and poked her head out of her den. Rain was a tinkerer. She loved to try and create stuff that might benefit her pack. Heading out into the sun's early light, Rain waited for the call again, her orbs flickering with worry.

Icis was wandering around the forest looking for Herbs, she could use in her healing. She walked out onto a large plain,where she had spottet some aloe vera plants,

<These should be useful> she thinks to herself, before starting to collect some

Fortuna is keeping a Close eye on the forest and shore, while sharpening his claws on a nearby tree

Edited by Joste

Snowbell perked up at hearing her name. She lifted her head from where she was sniffing the ground and began to walk in the direction of her mate who was the one calling her. Suddenly, she heard something... Odd and paused, tilting her head to listen a bit.

Edited by SoiledLove

((SoiledLove, Eve is a little way away with the Oakland pack, she isn't in the same pack as Snowbell so it's unlikely that they'd meet, at this stage, unless you mean that the packs are really close together and the two packs are meeting. I'll continue with Eve once this is specified smile.gif ))

Crescent saw the minute moments of his mate travelling a little way away from the forest. He had trained himself to spot that silky white coat of hers from a pretty large distance away, and his vision didn't fail him. Carefully, he trotted through the thick, twisted grasp of hawthorn and nettle bushes, slipping past the trees like a ghost. He must be near now.

"Snowbell? I'm right here!"

((Perhaps Baron isn't mates with her yet, but soon they may. Can we bump down Raven's age? Or not?))

Baron blinked his sharp eyes, his lips curling up slightly in a growl. Where was Raven? He shook out his fur gently, spraying off sugary snow off his thick fur. He moved forward, his muscles rippling like liquid under his fur.

"Raven?" He growled in annoyance, flicking his tail. He sat down on his haunches, his gaze sweeping through his pack. He was getting annoyed with Raven. They weren't mates. Perhaps they were never going to be. He didn't care. Baron's only job was to take care of his pack.

Crimson slid through the trees silently, blinking away the snow that landed gently on her eyes and muzzle. She scented the air again, her dusty red fur dotted with snow. She tracked down the sharp yet sweet smell and trotted forward, before plunging her muzzle into a pile of snow.

"Ahh!" She yelped, using a paw to scrape away the snow that clung to her fur. "Bad idea Crimson..." She muttered pawing away the snow. Her paws stung with the cold, but she finally found the small clumps of marigold that grew. She bit away the stems and pulled with the grass blade she had found before. Crimsom tied the bunch together before racing back to he pack.

Toral entered the camp with a fawn dragging behind him. "Here..." He muttered, placing down the fawn onto the pile of food. He had been out hunting before dawn, and had scented nothing but stale prey. He was lucky to found the doe and fawn out, and the fawn had strayed a bit too far.

Toral picked out the smallest thing he could find; a skinny rabbit. It wouldn't be needed, now that a fawn and several other creatures were available to the pack. He took the animal away before taking a bite of it.

((Oh crap, did not realize that... I'll edit))

Snowbell once again looked in the direction of her mate and, this time, she bounded over to greet him. "Crescent!" She called as she got closer, meeting him halfway. She licked his muzzle in an uncharacteristic gesture of affection, something she would only do when they were alone. "Are you okay? Were there any problems?"

Moonbreak growled slightly, lifting his head as he heard Eve shout. He got up, wondering what was going on.

Edited by SoiledLove

((Ehhhh. Ok.

Woopoo, could you change Raven's age to... Five?))

Raven's fur bristled. It was Baron. Still hissy because I won't reciprocate his 'romantic interests.' Being a jerk won't help that. It's not my fault they filled the spot before one of us could find a proper mate. She looked up from her prey. What? Despite the fact she was irritated with him, she wouldn't let it show. Were you sleeping in again?

The sun glistened on Khayen's fur as he lay napping in the sun. The past week had not exercised him in the slightest, and even today all he felt like doing was sleeping. He was still half-conscious, of course, for every battle-hardened warrior was. It was like a waking dream, images danced before his eyes but he could still see the world around him. It was an odd state, and only after killing your first wolf will you be able to truly understand quite what it was.

In actuality, it was a state of remembrance. Remembrance for for your fallen foes; in a way, it was a state of regret. Although Khayen did not regret killing his foes, after all it's a kill or be killed sort of deal.

Unfortunately, Khayen did not get to sleep. He sniffed the wind around him, literally becoming apart of the world around him. The Wolf was hungry, and the Wolf must feed.

First, Khayen checked the storage area. The Moonshadow's kept their food in a small area, but eventually it did spoil. There was nothing could be done about that in their current situation, perhaps in a colder climate such a thing could be prevented. Another wolf, Toral? That one looked about his size. Toral was dragging in a fresh fawn when Khayen arrived. The younger wolf sat patiently, tail-down. It had been up earlier while he was alone, but to hold your tail high in the presence of a higher rank was inviting nothing but misfortune upon you.

Toral sauntered off with a rabbit in his mouth, prompting Khayen to approach First thing, he inspected the kill. Toral had ripped the poor things mouth out, leaving a trail of blood come dragging back to camp.

"No matter." Khayen thought to himself. It was a clean kill and he'd gotten the prey home safely. The method no longer mattered.

Khayen inspected the pile. He was terribly hungry, a rabbit or squirrel would fill him. There was no need to take from the biggest portion when smaller bits of the pile would do you. After that contemplation, Khayen grabbed a rabbit, incredibly similar to what Toral had done.

The wolf padded off towards the east, hunkering down somewhat near his Beta with a look of thanks in his eyes.

The healer couldn't sleep. She was kept up by fantasies of dead pups and dead colleagues. If she couldn't sleep, the best thing to do was gather healing supplies.

Macky snuck out of the camp (base?) to gather supplies. She found plenty of herbs and a few hares for her to enjoy. She was about to walk back to camp when she heard a noise. What? Who is there? I might be a healer, but I know how to rumble! COLOR=purple] she said. It was something about as large as her, but smelled nothing like a wolf. It was a deer.

Got all hyped up for nothing. I'll let you live I lil' longer, deer. I've got my paws full.COLOR=purple]

She made it back into camp and dropped some hares off at the kill pile and went to organize and eat her hare.

Edited by DarkOFSorts12

Crescent felt himself glow inside at Snowbell's show of affection.

"There's nothing wrong," he said. "I...just wanted to be with you. We'd better get back to the pack. But how about we take a nice long run around before?"

He grinned. His duties were very important, but it was early morning, and Moonshadow's betas were in the camp. Snowbell was very important in his life, and he loved nothing more than chasing a hare through the forest.

Eve saw some wolves approaching.

"Come here!" she said. "Come on! Come here!"

She couldn't hide her distress. They had to move, fast. Where was everyone?

"Calm down, Eve!" said Gideon. "They sound pretty far away."

He had woken up a little and scanned the gathering pack. His well adjusted eyes quickly pinpointed Crimson - who, in his opinion, was the prettiest wolf he had ever seen in his life. He left Eve's side, her mate would probably be with her soon, and trotted casually up to Crimson.

"Hi, Crims," he said, trying to act normal. "Are those herbs you have there? How on earth do you turn those into a medicine?"

His puzzlement relaxed him, and he spoke a little more easily at the end of the last sentence.

"Oh, and Eve heard a Moony somewhere," he continued. "But it sounded pretty far away. She got herself all wound up."

((Raven's already five...))

Edited by woopoo

If Gideon could have blushed then he would have done, but instead he flicked his ears backwards in embarrassment.

"Don't be silly, Fortuna," he said. "I'm only being polite! Can't say the same for you!"