pony459

The Lion King

Everybody loves the lion king right! It's my favorite movie of all time! Like I'm a die hard fan. Well Disney is making a new lion king movie and spin off TV series called the lion guard. It should air in 2015/2016. It's about simba and nala's youngest cub kion, kiara's younger brother. I'm extremely excited for this if it is done right but very scared they could ruin the lion king! But the animation seems to be very close to the original which is a good sign considering they tend to Pixar-ify everything nowadays. Anyway does anyone else have any thoughts on this? I can try a find a link to an article about this but if you google the lion guard it should come up.

Being that it's planned for Disney Junior, I wouldn't expect that much. All of the Disney Junior shows are for the rather little ones.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't name him Kopa but I guess they figured that'd be more confusing already.

Me too! He looks like a kopa clone but a little bit more like mufasa. In my head simba and nala still had 3 cubs ahaha!

I can't tell if i'm excited or terrified when the executive producer says "It's kind of like The Lion King meets The Avengers."

At first it sounds REALLY AWESOME but then you imagine all the ways it could go wrong...

I can't tell if i'm excited or terrified when the executive producer says "It's kind of like The Lion King meets The Avengers."

At first it sounds REALLY AWESOME but then you imagine all the ways it could go wrong...

How on earth is avengers gonna meet lion king? like come on I seriously have no hope for this show now (I probably would've only watched 1 episode anyways xd.png)

Terrified is a very good word. They're are A LOT of ways it could go wrong. Like the new tinkerbelle movies and Jake and the neverland pirates or whatever. But i also still have a little hope because i love the lion king. Who knows, my little pony was aimed for preschoolers but older people became obsessed. Plus the animation looks close enough to the original so at least that is one good sign.

I don't think Disney would do anything completely extreme considering it could ruin one of their most icon film's images if enough fans watched.

They might do a good job... I loved Lion King 1 and a half, and I expected it to be terrible. But then again, this is going to be a TV show for kids...

I really hope they decide to make the next Lion King movie a family picture, not just a kiddy flick, that way everyone can enjoy it. I'm not too worried about it ruining the original though - Lion King 1/2 spoofed pretty much every touching and great moment in the first movie and people still liked it, so I can't imagine a sequel can do any harm to such a classic title. In the worst case scenario it will be utterly forgettable, but Disney would have to be bonkers to ruin a franchise such as this.

Been there, done that.

Everybody loves the lion king right! It's my favorite movie of all time! Like I'm a die hard fan. Well Disney is making a new lion king movie and spin off TV series called the lion guard. It should air in 2015/2016. It's about simba and nala's youngest cub kion, kiara's younger brother. I'm extremely excited for this if it is done right but very scared they could ruin the lion king! But the animation seems to be very close to the original which is a good sign considering they tend to Pixar-ify everything nowadays. Anyway does anyone else have any thoughts on this? I can try a find a link to an article about this but if you google the lion guard it should come up.

Tell me about it. That's one of the main things that Ticks me off when it comes to Disney. You don't have to have it be a computer animated movie for it to be good. Traditional animation works perfectly fine and imo, adds a higher quality to it. Was Frozen good? Sure, was Tangled good? Yes, but so were films like Princess and the Frog, Lilo and Stitch, Treasure Planet, Tarzan, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, need I go on?

I would like for it to be enjoyable and I will give it a chance, but with the way Disney has tried to ruin their classics lately I'm not getting my hopes up. I still hate that they decided to make Tinkerbell the star of her own movie series and you never hear anything about Peter Pan anymore. And all this time we were given the idea that bad guys were the pirates and now kids are no longer animal-disguised lost boys but pirates? Am I missing something here?

And then there was Princess Sophia. And how Cinderella is teaching her how to be a princess? Wait, what? Why do you need to introduce a new princess? Where is Tiana? Why not doing something with her? She has great morals, namely that you have to work hard to earn what you want. And her friend that was rich was still kind and nice even though her father gave her everything she wanted.

Ranting aside, I would love it if this show ended up being good and earned fans and became popular like MLP has and How to Train your Dragon, (which I didn't realize had such a big fan-base until recently blink.gif )

So, until I see it for myself I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Aye, I'm excited to see the new Lion King, but have to agree that I fear they may mess it up...I mean, usually remakes are totally different and mess up everything in my opinion, but it's just a spin-off... (And I was also hoping to see a child of Kiara and Kovu...)