solarflare3000

Anti-abandon

While never abandoning may seem feasible to you right now, it becomes an all but impossible play style as you gain more dragons. I have 2,500+ beasties, a few hundred of which are bred weekly for gifting and trading. If I always felt obligated to keep or find specific homes for the eggs that aren't of the breeds I need (like a Mint from a Gold x Mint pairing, or a Pink dragon from a special lineage when someone asked me for a Black from that line), I would never be able to fill my obligations to others or get what I need to trade.

Also, abandoning things can actually be very useful! I've picked up many eggs from the AP exactly because they WERE abandoned, and thus didn't have so much time left before they could hatch. The AP also represents a quick and random way of gifting. I often breed pretty lineages specifically so they'll go to the AP, because I know they'll be appreciated but don't want to spend time specifically finding homes for dozens of eggs (I'd quickly run out of teleports then anyway!).

It should also be noted that most eggs don't die due to abandoning--low time eggs (and hatchlings) are often in the AP for only seconds before they're snatched up. Eggs usually die due to new players not knowing how to raise them, people trying to make neglecteds or vampires, or people just squishing them for fun. So you might want to address those things instead. biggrin.gif

Some people abandon eggs specially so someone gets a nice surprise.

This. I love breeding eggs that I had a harder time catching so that others might get a fun gift or surprise. Signing a no-abandon pledge means folks hunting the AP wouldn't get to find one of my random golds or alts or lindwurms...

It seems much less controversial to abandon eggs rather than, say, killing eggs to make vampires or neglected. (Not judging, just using an example.) Some folks would never be able to kill eggs for vampires. Others actively collect them. It just depends on what you're trying to achieve in the game. biggrin.gif

I literally just abandoned three waterhorse metal fails. I have no use for them, since I need a silver from at least one of them. But someone will hopefully pick through the AP in a few days and find a mate they've been looking for. I love hunting the AP for cb or pb ridgewings. I wouldn't have a bunch of mine if it hadn't been for the AP.

And just to say what a lot of people aren't...I'm not going to use up an egg slot on an egg I already have a sibling of or I just don't want while I wait to see if I can find someone to take care of it.

I have to say PLEASE NO as well.

I love searching the AP, I love breeding for the AP, and this valentine event I got more than one card saying "thanks for breeding nice stuff for the AP" (which is mostly nice-lineaged commons, as I don't have many rares).