memorytreedragons

Vampire Conversions

This is mostly true of most vampire movies/books. But it's also pretty common for vampires to be able to revert/be changed back if they have not fed yet and kill the head vampire or the vampire that turned them. But I don't think that really pertains to DC dragons. I don't really see a use for this, I wouldn't use it. And as far as I know vampires do not retain their breed information.

I don't believe that I've ever come across that. I know that killing the werewolf who turns you negates that process, but I've never seen that used with vampires. I've only seen the once bitten/fed the blood of the vampire, you're pretty much doomed to roam the night. Now I'm going to have to go digging through vampire lore since my curiosity has been peaked. rolleyes.gif

Way 2 go, memorytreedragons! Finally someone has enough sense to suggest something like this. You have my 100% support!

I don't believe that I've ever come across that. I know that killing the werewolf who turns you negates that process, but I've never seen that used with vampires. I've only seen the once bitten/fed the blood of the vampire, you're pretty much doomed to roam the night. Now I'm going to have to go digging through vampire lore since my curiosity has been peaked. rolleyes.gif

I know the movie Lost Boys had a 'kill the head vampire' to change back kind of thing, as long as the newly changed vampire had not killed yet, anyway. The Forsaken also had a similar thing, where if you killed the 'original' vampire for one of eight particular vampire viral strains, all the vampires turned from it would either die or revert to human depending on when they were bitten.

Vampires reverting to their original species doesn't really make any sense to me, as they are essentially mutated in their egg and develop as vampires.

That used to be the case in the beginning, but got changed (quietly) afterwards. (Or how else do you explain that people all over the board complained about (almost) only getting cracked eggs for their biting for a couple of months after the (very noticeable) change? To me, it seems that the current vampire bite statistics are dependent on the vampire ratios. (Hint: Always bite when there are numerous vamp eggs in the hatcheries - and you have a pretty high success rate.)

it happens because of RNG (random number Generation)

I RNG to have great weeks, (almost all turns no repulses) bad weeks (repulses and some turns ) and OMG I hate this weeks (deaths and cracked shells.)

Sometimes I have weeks where it is working similar to the 50:25:25

What likely is happening is the RNG is being averaged across the population, not individual scrolls. So yes I am having a poor week right now, a few weeks ago, I was having an epic time. I have seen no actual change in the system, as I stated I have 1000 vampires (very close to) and my bite have been a ebb and flow. I have multiple bites most days and I haven't seen a major change.

If I am recalling - there is 50% turn, 25% death and 25% repulse (on average)

what I am thinking if the reverse was true50 - 75% death and the remainder being an equal unchanged (remains vamp without ability to try again) or reverts.

I have nearly 1000 vampires, I enjoy biting pretty eggs, because beautiful vampire lineage.

*Nods* This idea works for me, though I doubt I'd use it.

It would sort of give one pause for thought before gambling that that vampire you grabbed on the AP was once a rare. It may well have been, but is it WORTH the risk to try to find out? Even as it is, the possibility of death gives me pause when I go to bite an egg. Like I said, I wouldn't probably use a 'cure'. Oddly enough, overall I seem to have better luck than those bite ratios with my vamps. Even then, though, I have better months than others.

Edited by Silverswift

*Nods* This idea works for me, though I doubt I'd use it.

It would sort of give one pause for thought before gambling that that vampire you grabbed on the AP was once a rare. It may well have been, but is it WORTH the risk to try to find out? Even as it is, the possibility of death gives me pause when I go to bite an egg. Like I said, I wouldn't probably use a 'cure'. Oddly enough, overall I seem to have better luck than those bite ratios with my vamps. Even then, though, I have better months than others.

worth the risk to me every time. if it dies I typically laugh and go WHOOPS. I really only hesitate on awesome codes... because a rare pretty egg can be replaced easily that code likely will never have that chance again.

i think it would be a cool bsa. there's not much of a "reason" for it, yeah, but i don't think there are any real downsides, and it's just sort of an interesting thing? like it adds to the lore. there are already things on dc that dont have any 'point' to them

but yeah it would have to be recent vamps which makes sense from a rp perspective anyway, it hasnt completely taken them over yet.

Eh. I don't really want to see another worthless BSA to be perfectly honest with you.

I kind of want to see this on DragonCave, but at the same time I don't. There's a reason why people bite eggs and turn them into vampires. I bite eggs with very horrible lineages because...well, they're hideous to look at. While there are some vamps who have great lineages, I don't want them to revert back into they're original dragon forms.

I kind of want to see this on DragonCave, but at the same time I don't. There's a reason why people bite eggs and turn them into vampires. I bite eggs with very horrible lineages because...well, they're hideous to look at. While there are some vamps who have great lineages, I don't want them to revert back into they're original dragon forms.

I can't actually see the point of this idea - but no-one would make you turn your vampires back into their original form if you don't want to. So that isn't a reason to say that others can't if they like.

I can't actually see the point of this idea - but no-one would make you turn your vampires back into their original form if you don't want to. So that isn't a reason to say that others can't if they like.

Yes, I have to agree with Fuzz on this one.

If this became 'a thing', I might not see the point or use it myself, BUT it wouldn't hurt me by being there.

Edited by Silverswift

Yes, I have to agree with Fuzz on this one.

If this became 'a thing', I might not see the point or use it myself, BUT it wouldn't hurt me by being there.

True, but maybe my vamp called 'Would Be Shimmer' wouldn't be so jealous of shimmerscales if I reverted him back into being a shimmerscale xd.png

I think that's coming from the Dresden files. I'm not much on Vampire lore and was reading the series because its a wizard book (and it just happens to have other supernatural creatures in it).

Still don't think this makes sense, and don't see the point in it. And I don't think common Vampire lore has any bearing on these Vampires.

C4.

I think that's coming from the Dresden files. I'm not much on Vampire lore and was reading the series because its a wizard book (and it just happens to have other supernatural creatures in it).

Still don't think this makes sense, and don't see the point in it. And I don't think common Vampire lore has any bearing on these Vampires.

C4.

I've actually never heard of the dresden files. What I've seen come from vampire stuff. Off the top of my head is the movie Lost Boys. But I know I've read it elsewhere too. I've just read some many books that I can't remember where.

This is not something I would ever use because, well, because I wanted vampires. My first one has always been a vampire, my second I bit to have a female, and my third was a gift with a z-code, which adds another breed to my z roster.

It seems pointless to me, but if it comes about it won't hurt anything that I can see.

I do not support this. We do already have choices regarding this: don't bite, don't pick up, abandon, or release if you do not want those vampires. My personal view on vamp lore doesn't really leave room for a survivable cure. If this was added, I would expect a low success rate with a high chance of death. Or at least have it be something that has to be used x amount of time after the vamp is made or it goes away (ie it has a month to be used after the egg has been bitten or it disappears). I guess it wouldn't harm me for this to be added, but I just personally really don't want to see it and wouldn't use it.