edwardelricfreak

"Foggy" biome/Dark Cave(rn)

And again, why lock your self with an egg you don't even know when you can lock your self with an egg that you definitely already know is something you want/need.

Personally I like this and the store idea more for the Cave biome commons than the potential rares. I'm lucky enough to have 1 female Cave Hellfire, but I would love to try to get more, and there could be other impossible Copper lineages out there I'd like even better if they were made possible. The gambling aspect makes it impossible to simply camp there until my desired Cave egg turns up, so I'd end up helping the super commons' populations while trying for those somewhat rarer eggs.

Edited by Tehya Faye

The point of the csve is that it coukd be a fun feature. It's probably a good one to add in after the ratios get fixed, so that the chance of getting rares is actually worth some eggslot.

But you're forgetting the point if the fog - it protects against sickness! Even when it loses the fog, the egg will be immune to viewbombing.

There's no point reducing the 5-hour wait because you won't know what the egg is by then. Whether it unfogs at 5d (2 days or 1 day + incubate) or 5d 12h (12h + incubate) it's still a longer wait than 5h, even using incubate. Perhaps it could unfog at 5d 19h, a 5h wait (assuming incubate)? Probably a bad idea.

Anyway, the fog is anti-sickness. It wears off after abandonment (as does the invisibility), but otherwise lasts until adulthood. Therefore, reducing the 5h wait or adding extra rares is unnecessary...

But perhaps as an extra incentive, TJ could release one very rare rare into the fog biome during each release, or sometime between each release.

That's my extended 2c, argue as much as you like about it.

i just think it would be better if you know what it is when you get it because it would be terrible to wait a few days just to see what it is because the biome was foggy not the egg so when you leave the biome you leave the fog and i think the dark cave is a better idea because its dragon CAVE not dragon biomes

Well yes and no. I mean if you wanted to do that you could probably just do that with the commons already available in the cave since you're gonna be dumping it 5 hours later and possibly uncover a rare in the cave while you're at it. Again, why gamble when you have a very straight forward version of it available?

If its to help with ratios then again it can already be done in the regular cave by simply taking and dumping the common 5 hours later. No need to fog it up and not know what it is.

Volcano Hellfires can't be used for a Green Copper x Female Hellfire checker. That's why I would gamble on the fog eggs. I could possibly hunt the AP for them, but I don't care for AP hunting in general.

Touche. Well in terms of that then the store would be the better option. No gamble, just the usual game play and heck you would earn points for catching those commons even if you dump them so why gamble when you can earn points by nabbing what you want ;3

Oh, definitely. That's why I mentioned the store idea in my post. It'd be a really straightforward way for me to build up a small army of Cave Hellfires. :3 Theoretically, anyway. If CB Holidays are available through there and nowhere else I'd probably end up saving up points exclusively for those. This suggestion comes with some extra hassle the store doesn't have, but I'd probably end up with those Hellfires sooner in spite of that. It's one of those weird cases where the straightforward option has more complications than the gamble.

Touche. Well in terms of that then the store would be the better option.

I tend to think that many suggestions deserve to be implemented. For example, I'm a fan of the idea of the store with different mechanisms to earn points: daily activities and mini-games (yes, I know that you disagree smile.gif) included. If I could choose, everything that makes the game more rewarding and fun, would be implemented. It is just the prioritization part...

The issue comes with you can't have everything though. Too much stuff and it can be overwhelming for users. There has to be a balance of what you should and should not implement to not only keep thing simple for users but as well to keep maintenance smooth for the coder.

On the note of the hellfires, I think an idea like this could work but I mean it could also be one of those things where you get everything except the one you want or at least something worth the trade. Like if there might be more than one person looking for a cave Hellfire and if you end up having the luck of bare to never finding any, you would need to trade for one.

The store is a simpler more straight forward version seeing as if you want it, then you can get it. No guessing whether it is or isnt, you get what you get because you wanted to get that and not you get that because randomness and if you don't like it try again like you have for the past couple of hours. Ya get me? I also feel like this sounds aggressive when its not xd.png

BlockEdragon - the fog is 'sticky', and stays around the egg for a while before it dissipates and leaves the egg. This stays around for... Say 4h (28h), unfogging at 5d20h. Time negotiable, but somewhere between that (minimum) and 5d (max).

Basically, what I see in Anao's argument is simple: Why gamble, probably getting a common, when you could just pick up an egg in a biome?

Here's my simple answer: it's more fun!

When you pick up a foggy egg, rationally, you know it's a blocker common. But there's that tiny little chance that it could be a rare, and that draws some people in.

If you like predictability, that's fine. You like to know what you're getting. But some people have no real goals on DC, or just want a random egg. Plus, it's garunteed sickness-free, which is a bonus. smile.gif

*shurg*

Personally (as in just in my opinion) I feel like this is a bit of a waste of time. Its not even about predictability its about overall use. I don't know but If it is a thing I think just having a cave of 3 'eggs' available to grab would be enough. There is no real reason to grab more.

Also if the point is the chance of getting something nice, lets say ratios are fixed for the normal cave and rare hunting becomes a bit more possible for all users, what would be the point of this suggestion then?

Well, for some, especially perhaps new/young users, a mystery grab-bag Cave might be interesting, at least for a while, although with a representative selection of eggs from 6 biomes, the most common from ALL of them would predominate, so that this would likely have only short-term/occasional appeal within a limited group.

But obviously I'm just guessing, and there may well be a large enough number of people happy to sit tight on a regular basis with unknown eggs - just in case it's something they want/could use - to make adding another biome of this type, with completely different coding than the others to allow for the all-egg mix and the Fogging, worthwhile for TJ.

which is why I think there should be:

1.A higher chance of rares (not to high but high enough to make it risk vs reward like the fog lotto not like cb golds in that biome are like trio but like cb golds are not completely impossible)

2.A VERY rare chance of a holiday outside the season (unless the spriters are against it) (these would be pretty rare though)

The *slightly* higher chance of rates sounds rather appealing to me. It would add to the overall thrill of this biome. But I don't think Holidays are a good idea; not out of season, anyway. Holidays should only be for... Well, holidays.

But as for the foggy biome itself, total support! Even without the rares, I would still reserve an egg slot just to play around with this.

The *slightly* higher chance of rates sounds rather appealing to me. It would add to the overall thrill of this biome. But I don't think Holidays are a good idea; not out of season, anyway. Holidays should only be for... Well, holidays.

But as for the foggy biome itself, total support! Even without the rares, I would still reserve an egg slot just to play around with this.

that's a fair point

how about they could have a good chance of appearing during the holidays they are made for to get that holly blood flowing again and stuff like during their holiday they are pretty uncommon

I mean like almost ANYTHING

except like GoNs prizes and neglecteds

but CB hybrids YES

that would be GREAT for lineages

Cb alts

SURE just make them super rare

are amazing

i would lock my scroll every night with them

i don't think you should have to wait until hatching to know what it is though since the fog is easily gotten rid of by just removing it from the fog or dispelling the magic fog

and the darkness is.....darkness i can think of four or five dragons that could help light it up

the five hour wait is enough of a price as is

that's a fair point

how about they could have a good chance of appearing during the holidays they are made for to get that holly blood flowing again and stuff like during their holiday they are pretty uncommon

I mean like almost ANYTHING

except like GoNs prizes and neglecteds

but CB hybrids YES

that would be GREAT for lineages

Cb alts

SURE just make them super rare

are amazing

i would lock my scroll every night with them

i don't think you should have to wait until hatching to know what it is though since the fog is easily gotten rid of by just removing it from the fog or dispelling the magic fog

and the darkness is.....darkness i can think of four or five dragons that could help light it up

the five hour wait is enough of a price as is

TJ has already stated his discomfort for the distribution of CB Hybrids/Alts outside of their norm. SO that would be a no. Holidays dropping during their respective holiday is not worth it because their chance of appearance would have to be made incredibly low, meaning they would barely appear to keep CB holidays rare. So none of those should be added.

The only thing I can see beig added to this would just be whatever is already available in the cave. If you can't get it from the cave then you can't get it in the foggy biome. Simple.

TJ has already stated his discomfort for the distribution of CB Hybrids/Alts outside of their norm. SO that would be a no. Holidays dropping during their respective holiday is not worth it because their chance of appearance would have to be made incredibly low, meaning they would barely appear to keep CB holidays rare. So none of those should be added.

The only thing I can see beig added to this would just be whatever is already available in the cave. If you can't get it from the cave then you can't get it in the foggy biome. Simple.

This makes sense. As much as I would love to get a CB Holiday from the past (because I joined DC rather late), it would make little sense with how the events and such work. If you snooze, you lose, I guess. No Holiday dragons doesn't change the core concept of this idea~.^v^

This makes sense. As much as I would love to get a CB Holiday from the past (because I joined DC rather late), it would make little sense with how the events and such work. If you snooze, you lose, I guess. No Holiday dragons doesn't change the core concept of this idea~.^v^

There are other ideas in this section like the store an holiday re-release to make holidays accessible to newer players and some of us oldies that missed out.

I read this topic a while back, and I'm sad it's losing speed.

Anyways, the first time I read this topic, I got so excited. I wanted this foggy biome now. I loved the idea. Here are my opinions on it.

• The eggs should be fogged, and you have to unfog them once you get them to see what's inside.
  • You should not have to wait until the dragon hatches to see what it is.
  • The above conversation is noted, there shouldn't be CB Holidays outside of season.
  • I think it should be a foggy place, not a dark cave. Especially due to the fact that you would be able to find eggs like Skywings in it, and I don't think a Skywing would be in a dark cave.
  • I don't think there should really be a "reason" for the foggy biome. Why can't we just let mysteries be mysteries?
  • I think commons should be slightly less common, and rares slightly less rare.