edwardelricfreak

"Foggy" biome/Dark Cave(rn)

I think this would work awesomely if implemented with a 'hatchling influence' idea.

However, I do agree. Perhaps the magic wears off after three days, leaving the egg in a cloud of completely normal fog - i.e. the egg is hidden. It can then be unhidden to reveal the species or to allow the egg to hatch.

This is an idea that is probably terrible: 'mystery AP'.

Basically, some people decided to abandon their eggs and hatchlings into the cave with the magical mist. Maybe only eggs can be gained from there. They shouldn't lose time while in the mystery cave, so that hunting for the CBs still has an advantage, but there would be lineaged dragons as a surprise. Their lineages would also be hidden. It would be fun for the mystery to extend to lineaged eggs. Once abandoned to this pile, the eggs work just like the Biome ones. You get to the dark AP by a link under the biome: 'You hear a footstep nearer the entrance, and a brief flicker of light reveals a larger pile of eggs. You realise that these eggs have been abandoned, although the shimmering mist seems to shroud them just as thickly as the ones by your feet."

Click the underlined link and you are greeted with, "You stumble across to the abandoned eggs. They all still look the same, shrouded in fog, but at least you can see them." Below this text is a crowd of eggs like the one in the regular AP, except that they are all foggy.

Don't rage at it too hard. I know it's a bad idea. *braces for rageness*

The mystery AP idea would probably add too much complexity to abandoning; it's an interesting idea, but i'm not sure it would work well given that the AP already exists and lineaged eggs are generally much more desirable the lower their time is.

I think that keeping the egg hidden for a day or so should suffice if you really want to go that way, since there's not really a reason to keep them hidden until they're hatchable. It sounds more frustrating than anything to me, though; worse comes to worst they get sent to the AP, where they get picked up and kept since they're low on time.

Total support. I'd spend so much time in here grabbing mystery eggs! If I got a CB Silver... ohmy.gif

I also support the egg being fogged until the 4 day mark so you can influence it in time smile.gif

So maybe these eggs could be identified once they hit the 4 day mark? This way, you can still influence, yet if you decide to abandon it, the egg will be incu-hatchable.

I like the idea of this and would support if the fog they have could be lifted at the 4 day mark. Incubate would work at any time before then but the fog would not be lifted off of them until the 4 day mark.

Oooh, a mystery egg cave would be fun!

I can see how it might lead to more abandoned eggs... but that might be fun for us AP hunters, too!

Total thumbs up from me!

More abandoned eggs is a definite good thing. It'll help get the underpopulated breeds into the system and fix ratios overall. If this were implemented I would certainly dedicate 3 eggslots to foggy eggs whenever I'm not too busy with other stuff. ^^

Thought: With the Biomes-to-AP-punting idea, will these be included? I think it shouldn't need the punting, but if we decide the punt is needed... Do the eggs stay foggy in the AP?

It would still wear off at the 4d mark, but it could make AP hunting just a tiny bit more interesting.

Eh, just a random 2c.

Also, perhaps we could have 5 eggs in the Mystery Cave? Since there's just the one and many people would hunt there, 5 or even 7 would give more chance of actually grabbing an egg xd.png

I wouldn't mind keeping the egg fog for 5 hours as it would be the same as the regular cave. Anything longer and you will have the same problem as the regular cave has. I mean seriously? Why pick up an fogged egg from this biome if your stuck not knowing what it is for 4 days? A chance for a gold? I'd rather pick up from the regular cave at least I can drop the eggs I don't want in 5hours. That's how i collected my goals for the recent Gem dragon release( ;3; dang you blues<333)

Leaving it at 5hours will still have random eggs being picked up as it would be the same for regular cave that we are used to. Yes people would drop the eggs at 5hours but at least it's more likely people would pick them up. It would be more like a lottery where you could win big or not win at all.

The most time to keep the egg I could stand would be 1 day.... l3l dang you vampires.

The eggs need to stay fogged for at least 24 hours. So perhaps they unfog at the 5d mark instead?

The point of this is that it's a risk. You bet 24 hours of your eggslot and an incubate (or 48 hours of slot) on the chance that the egg is something you want. If it isn't, what did you lose? An eggslot. Did you want the eggslot for something else? Don't pick up the foggy egg then! Some users won't want to play this little gamble, but for those that do, the bigger the risk... The more fun the game is. smile.gif

i think this would be really fun i would play the egg lotto all the time and every night when i don't have any eggs to take care of and the biomes don't have what i want

you could get something really rare or just a common egg but i think fog eggss should be able to be abandoned faster then others like maybe a hour or two?

because you dont know what your gonna get so it would be more balenced maybe when you abandon it it turns back into a mystery egg

i think this would be really fun i would play the egg lotto all the time and every night when i don't have any eggs to take care of and the biomes don't have what i want

you could get something really rare or just a common egg but i think fog eggss should be able to be abandoned faster then others like maybe a hour or two?

because you dont know what your gonna get so it would be more balenced maybe when you abandon it it turns back into a mystery egg

If you're going to be able to abandon it faster, it definitely shouldn't be a mystery still.

I don't see why you should be able to abandon it faster, though?

The 5 hour limit should still be in place for these, regardless of how the mystery aspect of the eggs are implemented. I don't see a good reason for changing that just for these, especially when it's a complicating factor.

If you're going to be able to abandon it faster, it definitely shouldn't be a mystery still.

I don't see why you should be able to abandon it faster, though?

because you don't know what your getting most people know the eggs by description so they know what they are getting this is just a shot in the dark so it would stink getting a really common one without knowing then being stuck with it for five hours i just think it would be better if they where able to be abandoned in like 3 hours maybe two because you don't know what you get until your stuck with it

and you are right it shouldn't turn back into a mystery i don't know what i was thinking there

i have my suspects though >:I *glares at the Despis*

because you don't know what your getting most people know the eggs by description so they know what they are getting this is just a shot in the dark so it would stink getting a really common one without knowing then being stuck with it for five hours i just think it would be better if they where able to be abandoned in like 3 hours maybe two because you don't know what you get until your stuck with it

But the whole point is that you're willing to take that risk. That risk includes the normal five hour wait to abandon if you don't like what you get. =o

Meh. Cool idea, but if the 5-hour abandon limit thingy applies to this speshul biome as well, I wouldn't use it much.

Meh. Cool idea, but if the 5-hour abandon limit thingy applies to this special biome as well, I wouldn't use it much.

just what i was thinking i think knocking to down to 1-2 hours would be better because you don't know what your getting at all with descriptions you kinda know unless its a shared one like with moonstone dragons so you now what your getting

i would not use it as much i i had to give up five hours of my egg slots just for a random egg thats insane when i could go to the other biomes and know what im getting sure its not as fun and unless you see a gold or something your probably not gonna get it but would you rather go and definitely get a egg you know and wait five hours or go and get a completely random one and wait five hours also knowing its probably gonna be common

now lower wait time and its a different story

gget a sure fire caveborn and wait five hours knowing what it is or get a random one that could be something wonderful and wait maybe a hour or two

just what i was thinking i think knocking to down to 1-2 hours would be better because you don't know what your getting at all with descriptions you kinda know unless its a shared one like with moonstone dragons so you now what your getting

i would not use it as much i i had to give up five hours of my egg slots just for a random egg thats insane when i could go to the other biomes and know what im getting sure its not as fun and unless you see a gold or something your probably not gonna get it but would you rather go and definitely get a egg you know and wait five hours or go and get a completely random one and wait five hours also knowing its probably gonna be common

now lower wait time and its a different story

gget a sure fire caveborn and wait five hours knowing what it is or get a random one that could be something wonderful and wait maybe a hour or two

1-2 hours is far too low. maybe 3 hours as a happy medium. It is still lengthy enough to make taking an egg more of a decision than an impulse, while not making it so long that it ties you up more than you need to.

Honestly and personally I feel there should be no reason to reduce the 5 Hour limit to dumping an egg if regardless the egg would not be visible until later on (from what I've seen one of the idea states 4 days).

Honestly though I don't see much fun in this other than "ooh maybe or maybe ot something nice".

It reminds me of those games where you have 3 or so boxes/chests to choose from and you have the possibility of finding something good in just one or two but mostly you get crap stuff. A game of chance is only fun if the possibility of winning is to some degree reasonable to the possibility of loosing.

For example why on earth would I want to go to a foggy biome where I have just as many chances of landing a common I don't want/need when I can go to the cave and hunt knowingly for something I do need or want? I would have no reason to risk an egg space for a common when I can leave that free for breeding or hunting when needed. No.

So I would say in terms of making it a fun "Oh lets see what I get" Remove some if not most of the commons from this suggestion. Uncommons and rares should be the main drops there along with some maybe hard to find commons. How this would be decided who knows, only TJ knows those numbers but adding in a mixture of popular eggs to a biome of chance woud be far more fun than adding in a biome of eggs with the same chance of gicing me a blocker as the normal cave.

1-2 hours is far too low. maybe 3 hours as a happy medium. It is still lengthy enough to make taking an egg more of a decision than an impulse, while not making it so long that it ties you up more than you need to.

Honestly and personally I feel there should be no reason to reduce the 5 Hour limit to dumping an egg if regardless the egg would not be visible until later on (from what I've seen one of the idea states 4 days).

Honestly though I don't see much fun in this other than "ooh maybe or maybe ot something nice".

It reminds me of those games where you have 3 or so boxes/chests to choose from and you have the possibility of finding something good in just one or two but mostly you get crap stuff. A game of chance is only fun if the possibility of winning is to some degree reasonable to the possibility of loosing.

For example why on earth would I want to go to a foggy biome where I have just as many chances of landing a common I don't want/need when I can go to the cave and hunt knowingly for something I do need or want? I would have no reason to risk an egg space for a common when I can leave that free for breeding or hunting when needed. No.

So I would say in terms of making it a fun "Oh lets see what I get" Remove some if not most of the commons from this suggestion. Uncommons and rares should be the main drops there along with some maybe hard to find commons. How this would be decided who knows, only TJ knows those numbers but adding in a mixture of popular eggs to a biome of chance would be far more fun than adding in a biome of eggs with the same chance of gicing me a blocker as the normal cave.

maybe they could help that a little and make holiday dragons rare but possible and maybe prizes and i can see some problems in both of those but it would amp up the reason to do it

"ok im about to go away today so i have two hours to spare and a empty nest lets do this"

common uncommon very common sorta uncommon......HOLY SUCCESSFUL GON ITS A DESPIS/PRIZE!

you know EVERY breed (except discontinued ones because the spriters wouldn't like that and maybe neglecteds)

i mean if EVERY breed from prizes to holidays where available it would give more reason

want a cave born holiday?

well your gonna have to win the foggy raffle then

of course they would have to be extremely rare but imagine going on the trade market and seeing a caveborn holiday

Edited by blockEdragon

So I would say in terms of making it a fun "Oh lets see what I get" Remove some if not most of the commons from this suggestion. Uncommons and rares should be the main drops there along with some maybe hard to find commons. How this would be decided who knows, only TJ knows those numbers but adding in a mixture of popular eggs to a biome of chance woud be far more fun than adding in a biome of eggs with the same chance of gicing me a blocker as the normal cave.

Hi, AnanoKimi! smile.gif

Just to mention, as matters stand, if one added biome was to consist mainly of rares and unCommons, they'd really all have to go in that one biome if it were not to run out of eggs very quickly indeed, as people would then fill up from that biome - and I suspect that really only the faster people keeping their scrolls empty for trade fodder (or having multiple scrolls) and probably having little interest in other areas of the game such as breeding (as breeders wouldn't want to always have to leave room for scroll-fulls of mystery eggs to maximize their chances of getting something hard to come by) would get each days allotment of the more desirable eggs, leaving nothing in the other biomes but Commons for players to actively hunt for.

Conversely, if the Foggy Biome were to have representatives from all other biomes, (like the old Cave) people like me would never bother with it since we're looking for particular things and would find no joy in blindly locking ourselves with what would almost certainly be Commons we already have enough of on the very slim chance indeed (blind-grabbing to wait days just to see what you had rather than hunting, really, and terribly boring from my viewpoint,) of snagging something we wanted by accident and, should it be something we could actually use, if they stay Fogged for 4 days, not even know what to Influence it (or if it's worth keeping) until the time it could hatch, if with enough Views, so that a much-needed mate for something could have already hatched the wrong gender.

This actually is a game of chance, where the odds are already very low of longer-term players already having enough of the more common dragons seeing anything in the Cave that they could use at any given time, never mind catching it, so that the reinforcement/reward level is already FAR too low for many to hunt much.

And I absolutely agree with you - I certainly wouldn't waste space on random 'mystery eggs' myself and as you say, such games as this are only fun with frequent rewards - a lack of reinforcement in something played for amusement but requiring the same repeatedly enacted movements without frequent positive results or even chances of these merely causes a lack of interest.

And honestly, while it's evident that there's much interest in this idea among some, personally, I'd much rather see TJ's time and effort go into something like the biome shuffle AP-kick thing so as to help improve the ratios on a player-responsive basis and, however gradually, the hunting in the biomes we have, so that they'd move and some of the more desirable eggs would be appearing more where we could at least see them, but we all have different tastes, lol. I just used to like hunting, which for me is fun when hunting among a changing variety of eggs for a number of things I could use, various of which show at a reasonable rate, and boring as heck when they rarely move and nearly always show the same types I have no current use for at all.

Edit: just expressing my personal opinion, which may not be worth much in this context, lol, because while the idea initially sounds cool, I'd never actually use this myself, while those to whom it appeals would see this entirely differently.

We'll all have different interests and priorities, of course. smile.gif

Edited by Syphoneira

Thank you Syph. Yeah Honestly this doesnt sound like much of a benefit. "Hey take this mystery egg, waste your time, your egg space, and lets see if you find anything good. If not just toss it and waste more time~!" That... Doesnt sound like fun...

I will give you that making it so only nice things appear is gonna unbalance the whole trade fodder thing. Maybe we could make it so it only has nice things but is only accessible once a week? a nice fogged decent egg like a trio, a copper, a red or pink, something like that any of those would be viable choices. Once unmasked you could keep it, trade it, but still have no access to the foggy biome for a week. Mystery prize once a week what would you get who knows.

I am in full agreement though that this idea if considered should really have less priority that like you said the AP Shuffle kick idea or the store idea maybe amongst other good suggestions. As nice as this is honestly I find no fun in it as currently is nor do I see it worth the time it would take to code it when something of more importance can be done.

Oh I agree that this should be lower priority than actual fixit things like the Shuffle AP Toss, but I still think it'd be a nice thing to have on the site, especially if the mystery biome is treated as cave for copper breeding. I personally like the gamble aspect of having all* breeds available, though if you had an even chance of getting anything from it (rather than dealing with ratios), it'd probably go down better. That'd require code shenanigans that TJ might prefer to spend elsewhere, though.

*"all" meaning "cave-available", of course.

Oh I agree that this should be lower priority than actual fixit things like the Shuffle AP Toss, but I still think it'd be a nice thing to have on the site, especially if the mystery biome is treated as cave for copper breeding. I personally like the gamble aspect of having all* breeds available, though if you had an even chance of getting anything from it (rather than dealing with ratios), it'd probably go down better. That'd require code shenanigans that TJ might prefer to spend elsewhere, though.

*"all" meaning "cave-available", of course.

i think it would be cool if you had a rare chance of caveborn holidays and prizes

but like rare rare so its not OP

The point of the csve is that it coukd be a fun feature. It's probably a good one to add in after the ratios get fixed, so that the chance of getting rares is actually worth some eggslot.

But you're forgetting the point if the fog - it protects against sickness! Even when it loses the fog, the egg will be immune to viewbombing.

There's no point reducing the 5-hour wait because you won't know what the egg is by then. Whether it unfogs at 5d (2 days or 1 day + incubate) or 5d 12h (12h + incubate) it's still a longer wait than 5h, even using incubate. Perhaps it could unfog at 5d 19h, a 5h wait (assuming incubate)? Probably a bad idea.

Anyway, the fog is anti-sickness. It wears off after abandonment (as does the invisibility), but otherwise lasts until adulthood. Therefore, reducing the 5h wait or adding extra rares is unnecessary...

But perhaps as an extra incentive, TJ could release one very rare rare into the fog biome during each release, or sometime between each release.

That's my extended 2c, argue as much as you like about it.

And honestly, while it's evident that there's much interest in this idea among some, personally, I'd much rather see TJ's time and effort go into something like the biome shuffle AP-kick thing so as to help improve the ratios on a player-responsive basis and, however gradually, the hunting in the biomes we have, so that they'd move and some of the more desirable eggs would be appearing more where we could at least see them, but we all have different tastes, lol. I just used to like hunting, which for me is fun when hunting among a changing variety of eggs for a number of things I could use, various of which show at a reasonable rate, and boring as heck when they rarely move and nearly always show the same types I have no current use for at all.

I know that polls are not considered meaningful and that they are not possible in Suggestions/Requests. But I wonder what would be the response if we were to have a poll in Site Discussion about priorities. Like you, I think that the "AP-kick thing" (and "ratio improving" in general) has the highest priority and that this suggestion falls more on "fun to have."

I know that polls are not considered meaningful and that they are not possible in Suggestions/Requests. But I wonder what would be the response if we were to have a poll in Site Discussion about priorities. Like you, I think that the "AP-kick thing" (and "ratio improving" in general) has the highest priority and that this suggestion falls more on "fun to have."

Well it falls under the same circumstance of "What do you think makes a game better: Story or Graphics?"

It depends on where a person feels is best towards the game they play. I and a few others who enjoy cave hunting or breeding will want things like Ratio fixes, breeding centered BSA's, day reduction BSA's, features like the store to have TJ's attention.

Others who play the game only for collection or just to have something to do and have no real goal in mind or breeding projects, just collect what they can just to collect might find more use in added thing that may be fun and add to the game such as this or any of the cute/funny BSA's being suggested.

Its all up to the individual and in reality regardless TJ will focus hi time on what he feels is more convinient for him. He may split his time amongst different things where he dedicates more time to one thing which he might be able to finish faster than another thing which might take him a bit longer. So yeah.

On the topic of this biome, again, if we can reduce the numbers to only include uncommona and common dragons then maybe because again the reward has to happen a fair amount more than the loss to make something worth while. And again, why lock your self with an egg you don't even know when you can lock your self with an egg that you definitely already know is something you want/need.

I'm not gonna waste 5 hours to see if an egg I got from that biome is a dirt common when I can waste those 5 hours on an egg I know is a bit more valuable and I can either keep or trade.