grimace

Non sortable dragons

Anyone else think a feature to make certain dragons you have marked stay at the top of your scroll regardless of any sortings you apply would be really useful?

That way you could keep everything you want right up on display there, and have the rest sorted however without you having to manually do everything.

I have a group of 8 dragons and my Leetle Tree at the top, with all my eggs and hatchlings just below them. Every egg that arrives, either from hunting, breeding or trades, lands on top of the group, so I need to manually move them down to their growing spot.

Yes, I would like this feature. smile.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

Yes yes YES!! I've been told of Custom Sort and such, but things always move around and get confusing for me. I would *love* to designate that my only Dino and Leetle Tree stay at the top no matter what sort!

YES PLEASE YES

I want all my eggs to specifically be in one area, NOT at the VERY top of my scroll. I want certain dragons in a certain place...

Number the top ones as 0 and they stick there.

Yes, please. This is so annoying.

Legacy Custom Sort does this just fine

I use it and my dragons are always where I want them

Custom sorting almost 2k dragons to feature just a few? No, thank you, not everyone have time and nerves for it. ._.

I'd like an easy and fun way to sort my dragons. Not a hard work which is going to be messed up in a few days. Tabs, page management, group sorting, "sticky" dragons, whatever. This suggestion works too.

Yeah no I don't like using Legacy sort. Because I also want other dragons in a specific order, too, and it's hard to go and change ALL of them now. I like using Alternate sort so I can kind of see as many of my dragons as possible.

Not doing it. I want better ways of sorting dragons. I want to be able to select and move groups, have tabs, tags, all sorts of things to make my scroll easier to manage and more organized.

For a while, I was using Alternate Sort, getting everyone where I want them, Save, and then going to Legacy Sort and giving my top 8 negative numbers, to keep them on top when new eggs or hatchlings come in. It works, but it's a lot of steps. dry.gif And every time I move something in Alternate, I need to return to Legacy, to reset the numbers, if I don't forget. wacko.gif

This suggestion included a pin/lock idea like this and I do think it's a good idea. If I perhaps wanted to breed sort one day, I'd prefer all my unbreedables stay at the bottom of my scroll as I have them now and it'd just be easier if I could check something that anchored them in place. o3o

I do not like this idea. As some one who is very ocd about how their dragons are sorted... I remember when they took away the old sortaing and put the drag and drop for custom sorting it was a nightmare and thankfully TJ let us have the old style where you assign numbers to each of the dragons.

Having a breed that could not be sorted, that would always be at the top would totally ruin how my scroll is set up... I have all hatchies first, then adults... and I have them sorted as un-gendered, female, male... and then I have the breeds in a rainbow, color order that I put together how I like them. Having random dragons that are stuck at the top that I have no ability to organize at all would be a bad thing.

There are a lot of diffrent sorting options already, and with the custom sorting with drag and drop or the legacy with the numbers ... there really wouldn't be a needs to make them "stick" at the top when you can just drag them to the top or give them a numerical value at the top of the page.

I do not like this idea. As some one who is very ocd about how their dragons are sorted... I remember when they took away the old sortaing and put the drag and drop for custom sorting it was a nightmare and thankfully TJ let us have the old style where you assign numbers to each of the dragons.

Having a breed that could not be sorted, that would always be at the top would totally ruin how my scroll is set up... I have all hatchies first, then adults... and I have them sorted as un-gendered, female, male... and then I have the breeds in a rainbow, color order that I put together how I like them. Having random dragons that are stuck at the top that I have no ability to organize at all would be a bad thing.

There are a lot of diffrent sorting options already, and with the custom sorting with drag and drop or the legacy with the numbers ... there really wouldn't be a needs to make them "stick" at the top when you can just drag them to the top or give them a numerical value at the top of the page.

I think you get to choose to have something pinned - I don't think you'd have to do it if you didn't want to..

Yeah, no, this isn't a 'Do it this way!!!" thing. This is an *option* for if you have specific dragons you want to stay on top (or middle, or whatever).

I want this option, I kinda gave up on sorting my scroll.

Yesss I would die for this option

I used to put all my Pillows at the top of my scroll and everything below them was sorted by Breed, but every time something grew up I had to manually move it to be with the others of its kind, and it was so annoying that I gave up and reset my sorting.

I'd love to put my Tea army at the top of my scroll, in a very specific order, and then have everything else just automatically go beneath them in breed order.

I'm thinkin' there could be a fourth custom sort option where you could drag certain dragons into order at the top of your scroll, save and set that, and then select a sorting method for non-selected dragons. So I could drag my Teas up where I want them, click a magic button, and then have an option for "Sort (remainders) by..." breed/color/age/etc.

Or, scratch that. Instead of a fourth separate option just add this "fixed-in-place dragons" thing to each custom sort. So people who like numbering their dragons can use it in Legendary. And tile-draggers like me can have it with Alternate.

/end rambling

(Actually if we're gonna start dreaming, I'd like to be able to designate dragons to diff. pages. All my growing things on one page, Tea army on another page, Pillow army on yet another page, and then all the rest just fill in the leftover pages).

But. This idea could be similarly sufficient.

Edited by glamoursea2

Having a breed that could not be sorted, that would always be at the top would totally ruin how my scroll is set up...

Then don't set dragons to be pinned to the top of your scroll?

I do not like this idea.  As some one who is very ocd about how their dragons are sorted... I remember when they took away the old sortaing and put the drag and drop for custom sorting it was a nightmare and thankfully TJ let us have the old style where you assign numbers to each of the dragons.

Having a breed that could not be sorted, that would always be at the top would totally ruin how my scroll is set up... I have all hatchies first, then adults... and I have them sorted as un-gendered, female, male... and then I have the breeds in a rainbow, color order that I put together how I like them.  Having random dragons that are stuck at the top that I have no ability to organize at all would be a bad thing.

You do not need to pin dragons to the top, if you don't want them there, and there is no breed that this is specific for, so you won't have a breed that does not sort.

It simply allows users to place dragons they want at specific places on their scrolls, without having to continually re-sort them back to those places.

As an example, I have a group of 8 dragons, along with my Leetle Tree, that I wish to always be on the top of my scroll. Five of them have a welcoming message for those who view my scroll, and the others are at the top because I want them there. But every egg or hatchling I receive lands above them, so I am continually having to shift my welcoming group to the top again. This would allow them to remain at the top without continually re-sorting, if I choose to use the option.

This would only be an option. You do not need to use it. I hope this helps. smile.gif

Anyone else think a feature to make certain dragons you have marked stay at the top of your scroll regardless of any sortings you apply would be really useful?

That way you could keep everything you want right up on display there, and have the rest sorted however without you having to manually do everything.

I was just thinking about this because my eldest dragon has been designated as Cave Guardian (even mentioned in his description that he rules the roost), with his longtime mate directly beneath him. I hate having to move him all the time.

Oh my goodness I would love this. I'd put growing things at the top, then my 2G prizes, NDs, and a couple other special things, and then rainbow sort the rest of my scroll.

I would love this. I really just want my Leetle Tree to be at the very top of my scroll; I never see that tiny thing amongst my dragons. However, I'm not interested in using Custom or Legacy sort. I've messed with them and nope. So this option would be helpful.

(Actually, my ideal is to have my dragons automatically sort by breed and then by gender within those breeds, along with this sort of "pinning" something to the top. But that's a different suggestion thread.)

I really, really want something like this. Badly!

Or just a way to sub-sort, like by breed and then by date within the breed.... I'd go for that too. Or a way to sort by breed but have a specific breed at the top.

Just more options, please!

I would absolutely love this feature!

I have my Neglected and 4 Chickens at the top of my scroll and every time I get an egg or hatchling, they screw up the order dry.gif

This is a feature I can get behind 100%.