Pixxelation

Refuse to Have Refusals!

I'm supporting basically everything that will fix the refusal problem as long as it's not a one-shot chance at undoing a refusal.

I second this statement.

Refusals suck, and are very very frustrating.

I had an awesome lineage that I wanted to make 2 years ago and was taking me well over a year to create. It got ruined by a refusal. I was very upset, and have not been able to correct it ever since. It's been so long now and trying to fix it has changed the lineages so much now that I will never be able to do what I originally wanted to do. And so now I'm working for another year and a half to make an alternate lineage, and if I put all this work in to have another refusal ruin it, then I am going to be even more upset than the last time.

There needs to be a way to reverse refusals or else maybe take them out as this thread suggests. I understand not wanting an egg to be produced every single time and the "no interest" is just fine. At least I know that eventually someday I can get what I want out of it...out of the work I put in.

And even though I really miss the multiple clutch (it allowed me to keep an egg AND share an egg with others at the same time.) I know it was removed to lower the number of eggs being released. So I understand the desire to limit the number of eggs going out...I really do. But making it impossible to breed two dragons from a desired pair that has been planned out for a very very long time....that just plain sucks.

Just spent what feels like forever breeding another 3rd gen toward a mate for a 4th gen Pygmy Thuwed and of course they Refused. sad.gif

Can't try breeding for another for 2 more days yet, so named the latest effort Refused rebreed, since the number of rebreeds and attempts at lineages/holiday pairings, despite being in draft notes, are something I worry about forgetting before the Holiday/Seasonal breeding seasons and non-Holidays are probably even more likely to be forgotten.

Lol, at the moment, I have no eggs I'm actually keeping, and only one hatchy, something no longer unusual, but discouraging, with so many I'm trying to breed.

Dry spells are bad enough, but the number of Refusals are really spoiling the fun...

Seriously, this isn't normal at all.

But refusals are switched off during a holiday's holiday season so that would be the only time when you can actually safely forget about them.

Refusals make me really leery about trading for hard-to-find/breed lineages. This may be part of the reason why longer gens (even really nice ones) are not as desirable. For example, I love checkers, but when I have to worry that any I trade as a mate for a longer gen checker will refuse it, it makes me far less likely to collect those longer gen checkers. Lower gen ones are easier to find, so if I have a mate refuse, I can either breed another or likely trade for another. Anything over 3rd gen, though, makes me really bite my nails in worry that it will not like the mate. Not everyone will rebreed in the case of a refusal, especially if it is a rare mate from a common checker.

ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!! Just had three MORE Refusals!! Within about ten minutes. Not cool. dry.gifmad.gif

Refusals make me really leery about trading for hard-to-find/breed lineages. This may be part of the reason why longer gens (even really nice ones) are not as desirable. For example, I love checkers, but when I have to worry that any I trade as a mate for a longer gen checker will refuse it, it makes me far less likely to collect those longer gen checkers. Lower gen ones are easier to find, so if I have a mate refuse, I can either breed another or likely trade for another. Anything over 3rd gen, though, makes me really bite my nails in worry that it will not like the mate. Not everyone will rebreed in the case of a refusal, especially if it is a rare mate from a common checker.

^ This.

Refusals, especially at the current frequency they've been lately are absolutely devastating in longer generation and lineages with rare mates, where you need to trade for a specific mate and don't always get the chance to get another egg. For example, holiday breedings - you get a lovely 3nd gen holiday x rare, you trade for a perfect mate and boom, refusal. Yes, you can breed the pair during the holidays, but if you need a nonholiday dragon, you're in a lot of trouble. Having a BSA to use in cases of such emergencies would be invaluable and I truly wish to see it implemented ASAP. Same goes for 4+ gen checkers, lately I've been afraid to breed my dragons because I fear the pair will refuse... not cool at all. dry.gif

I would really like the official word on whether anything HAS actually changed or whether this is player perception...

(Much breeding this week, one refusal.)

Gah! He refused her! And I already had a mate picked out for their first silver daughter!

This really is annoying. :/

I had to chime in when I read

all dragons are replaceable.

Umm, I was lucky enough to grab a Pink from the AP that was a 4gen perfect checker with Silvers. Then I was lucky enough to trade for a 4gen Silver perfect checker with Pinks.

Of course they refused.

Short of begging in the Trade threads, I'll never be lucky enough to grab either one another mate - same with several White/Holly blocks. My breeding projects have had to come to a crashing halt because of higher-gen refusals. I think four and five refusals in one day is more than excessive in keeping me humble and not 'giving me everything I want'.

All dragons are, unless they're CB holidays. I have to chime in as well with that. I spent over a year finding a mate for one of my dragons. Anything is possible if you try hard enough

Right. My best bet right now is to either try to set up a trade for a 2nd gen silver from sweetling - which isn't the easiest thing to breed - or wait for next Vday to re-breed the sweetling. I know it *is* possible - but highly unpleasant.

It's one reason why I prefer to swap holidays and breed the common mates on my scroll.

Edited by olympe

All dragons are, unless they're CB holidays. I have to chime in as well with that. I spent over a year finding a mate for one of my dragons. Anything is possible if you try hard enough

Unfortunately, the list is a little bit longer: CB holidays, CB guardians of nature, CB prizes and honorable mentions, frills and bright pinks.

Edited by pinkgothic

Unfortunately, the list is a little bit longer: CB holidays, CB guardians of nature, CB prizes and honorable mentions, frills and bright pinks.

And in the almost-impossible-to-replace category: 2nd gen prizes, 2nd gens from spriter's alts, 2nd gen holiday prizekins, CB metals (unless you're Whitebaron, that is)...

Probably preaching to the choir (I know you supported reconcile), but just because some things might eventually be replaced after lots of time, work, and trading, is it really fun to have to redo all that hard work a second time just because a random dice roll wasn't in your favor?

It should also be noted that "technically possible" is very different from "feasibly possible." While you're right that technically it's possible to replace everything except some exclusive CBs, the logistics of actually getting a new mate in some cases can be very, very low.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

How about a BSA for one of the dragon breeds called 'matchmaker', that allows you to breed two refusing dragons together once (once each use I mean, not once only and then with a cooldown period). Then you still get the flavour of some dragons simply not liking each other, but it doesn't totally screw up your lineages.

Edit: Actually, that would be a brilliant Valentine dragon BSA.

Edited by Charity322

Well, there's one little problem: We're supposed to think of a breed first and a possible BSA for them second. Not think of a cool BSA and look for a breed to give it to.

How about a BSA for one of the dragon breeds called 'matchmaker', that allows you to breed two refusing dragons together once (once each use I mean, not once only and then with a cooldown period). Then you still get the flavour of some dragons simply not liking each other, but it doesn't totally screw up your lineages.

Edit: Actually, that would be a brilliant Valentine dragon BSA.

I'm not sure if I understand your idea correctly. Is it something like this? https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=161308

Has there been any official word on this? There have been some very good suggestions - ADP's Reconcile BSA is very neat and I also liked the idea of refusals not being permanent but instead lasting a few months. Frankly, implementing any of these would be a huge step in the right direction, because being afraid of refusals every time you try out a new pair is rather silly and completely unnecessary. :3

UGH OKAY

I need something to fix refusals.

This lady: http://dragcave.net/lineage/oWQ2A refused BOTH my CB Radiant Angels!!

I cannot continue this line now!! Now she's just a trophy, sitting on my scroll, completely worthless. Great. dry.gif

Seriously, refusals ruin lineages. These dragons are irreplaceable. All this is is just irritating.

For no good reason either, other to 'make the game more challenging'. Which, what kind of argument is that really? The game is already challenging - in the sense of lineages - because eggs not being produced/they are not the breed you need. 1 week cooldown. Why throw in an extra foil in there?? Especially one so damaging...I'd rather it be harder for certain pairings to produce eggs than for them to outright refuse each other.

I hope reconcile becomes a thing. Or if we could just do away with them all together.

Now I finally see how dream-crushing refusals are.

UGH OKAY

I need something to fix refusals.

This lady: http://dragcave.net/lineage/oWQ2A refused BOTH my CB Radiant Angels!!

I cannot continue this line now!! Now she's just a trophy, sitting on my scroll, completely worthless. Great. dry.gif

Seriously, refusals ruin lineages. These dragons are irreplaceable. All this is is just irritating.

For no good reason either, other to 'make the game more challenging'. Which, what kind of argument is that really? The game is already challenging - in the sense of lineages - because eggs not being produced/they are not the breed you need. 1 week cooldown. Why throw in an extra foil in there?? Especially one so damaging...I'd rather it be harder for certain pairings to produce eggs than for them to outright refuse each other.

I hope reconcile becomes a thing. Or if we could just do away with them all together.

Now I finally see how dream-crushing refusals are.

Ugh, I'm so sorry. That's heartbreaking. sad.gif

I have a few nigh-unreplaceable lineages sitting on my scroll whose pairings refused each other that I'm just leaving there in the hope that we will get a fix for the refusal sooner rather than later. It's too disheartening to try to find replacements .

Nix the refusals. For those that say it's more realistic to have refusals, ya'll realize you are talking about mythological creatures, right?

Nix the refusals. For those that say it's more realistic to have refusals, ya'll realize you are talking about mythological creatures, right?

Mythological creatures with implied (or in some cases, explicit) sentience.

In any case, I still stand by my stance: Refusals need to stay as a factor of the game, but mechanics to reverse the most frustrating ones should be available in a limited fashion that make players really consider which pair to use that feature on.

I was just gifted a nice Shimmer which, upon growing up, promptly Refused one of my 2 CB Springs of the correct gender.

If it Refuses the other one, I'll at least be able to get more Springs in the not-too-distant future; had it been Fall Seasonals, I'd have been out of luck for a LOT longer.

The Refusal issue is far too chronic and causes too much havoc to not have any means of reversal.

Granted, I've been off-line a lot over the past few years, but I used to breed a lot of different pairings for people way back when and have NEVER had problems like this before, nor do I recall people ever having such a high degree of Refusals in the earlier years.

Back then, it generally wouldn't have been so impossible to replace various dragons either, as it's only in recent years that we've wound up with so many extremely difficult-for-many-to-obtain sprites and, of course, Prize as well as other lineaged lines.

But so many beautiful dragons are just going to waste because they cannot be bred at all due to Limited Release/virtually unobtainable mates and so much stress is involved with breeding now because of the Refusal issue that it really has become a game-breaker, so I do hope that some solution will be soon implemented which takes the frequency and back-log of really heart-breaking Refusals among the community into consideration.

Mythical creatures with implied sentience in a pixel fantasy world where magics and mana and mother friggin DRAGONS exits. Yeah, mhm, logic

Refusals add no value to the game other than frustration. No eggs or disinterest is a much better way to deal with not everything going your way. Refusals are mostly permanent completely frustrating factors that really at this point are moot and no longer needed. My opinion though.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but there was a thread suggesting the BSA "Reconcile" before, which resets refusals, and is imo the best solution to the problem --> Boop

I think refusals shouldn't be completely taken away from the game, but there should be a way to override them, that shouldn't be *too* easy to do.

Just my opinion though smile.gif