TJ09

2014-05-31 - June Schedule

I'm really excited for the encyclopedia. I could really use it!

Edit: I really hope it doesn't take into account all of the dragons you already have that way I'm not going to have already filled it out the instant it's implemented. xd.png

Edited by Earth Gurl

I can't say I really care for the new features. I always thought that's what a wiki is for..

At least I know not to keep egg slots open now.

The problem with the Wiki is that it is not official, and it has been attacked periodically by cretins who are trying to create trouble, deleting good info, or adding their own nonsense. I rarely use it anymore, especially since it seems to have a LOT of scripts running that my security doesn't like.

TJ's Encyclopedia will be official, and presumably, relatively impervious to the predations of the misbehavers. smile.gif

That sounds very interesting indeed. smile.gif

The problem with the Wiki is that it is not official, and it has been attacked periodically by cretins who are trying to create trouble, deleting good info, or adding their own nonsense. I rarely use it anymore, especially since it seems to have a LOT of scripts running that my security doesn't like.

TJ's Encyclopedia will be official, and presumably, relatively impervious to the predations of the misbehavers. smile.gif

I think there's also going to be extra information about each species, which would be lovely.

Sounds good to me. laugh.gif I'll keep my eye out for its arrival, I guess, and in the mean time keep scrambling to obtain the springs I need. biggrin.gif

Wow the "soon" from the April post was actually soon xd.png

Can't wait to see the new features.

*Is shocked*

No dragon release, instead it's replaced by epic new feature like the (legit) Dragon Encyclopedia, and possibly other things that he mentioned before like the mass sort option, plus a chance for people to collect all the past releases that they haven't had time for...?

The world is full of awesome surprises.

As a person who likes making dragons (though I can't sprite for the life of me) this is a very very good thing.

I do though ask that the encyclopedia not make it too hard with people writing descriptions, I've fallen too far in love with my dancing flamingos :/.

As a person who likes making dragons (though I can't sprite for the life of me) this is a very very good thing.

I do though ask that the encyclopedia not make it too hard with people writing descriptions, I've fallen too far in love with my dancing flamingos :/.

Seconding this, not just for myself but for everyone else with headcanon. biggrin.gif

Guess we're going to find out soon enough. biggrin.gif

Seconding this, not just for myself but for everyone else with headcanon. biggrin.gif

Guess we're going to find out soon enough. biggrin.gif

I'm just hopin' we'll get all the nice bits and bites you get to see on the DR. That censorkip.gif's awesome. I love realistic approaches to fantasy creatures, so I'm hoping for diets and biological mechanics.

Also, I have this head-cannon were spriters and conceptors are explorers. Thus when a new dragon is "released" it's a newly discovered species. Spriters' alts are gifts from the Association of Draconian Creatures that magically infuse the eggs of the new found breed, thus increasing their value. But dragons take a while to be "released" to the general public as they first have to undergo testing to see whether they fit enough criteria to be considered their own breed, and not a sub-breed to an already registered dragon, thus being allowed a "proper" pedigree to be recorded on scrolls, archived in the Association's library.

I'm starting to believe this April Fools joke really isn't a joke, that the joke was making us BELIEVE it was a joke...well played, sir, well played.

So, no new dragon for my birthday but we get a BIG BOOK of info (potentially) for our little dragons (or large), and more time to snag and breed! So...it's vacation! Encyclopedia, come to us~

This'll be fun!

I'm on the fence about this. If we have a new release next month, I won't be able to participate, I'll be in another state. Darn. Although I guess reading lore is okay.

I think a break from releases is good. We just had the birthday release and that's close enough to the regular release for me and it won't land on a busy weekend. smile.gif

YAy!!! I'm gonna be out of town anyway tongue.gif

I'm kind of surprised we don't have Feature months more often, to be honest. I'm sure features take more work than straight dragon releases, so it makes sense to take some time to dedicate solely to features.

Looking forward to seeing the Encyclopedia roll out! I also see it says features plural, though I guess from the sound of it those take second fiddle to the Encyclopedia. (You get to them if you get to them.) Curious what else is slated, even if it doesn't make the June push. . .

Welp, no new eggs coming up, and features still in the works: I'm-a go catch things till I'm locked now. xd.png

I can always do with more dragons, but yaaaaay new feature(s?)! And I can take a break from catching to focus on catching up to my lineage projects!

Awwww and I really look forward to the dragon releases. Well, I'm excited about the updates as well. I'm looking forward to the new features. Keep working hard. Good luck! <3