Lady_Lunevis

✫ lu's art ✫

user posted image

fmffufumffp i finally finished it!! fixed the legs a little and i just : ' D

im gonna take a break from doing digital drawings to work on traditional; i also got figure drawing for all it's worth by andrew loomis so i'm going to be practising using that for a while!!! the human body has a lot of muscles send help

how do you colour hair i just/// omg

haha yeah, human bodies are hard work but you get used to it when you draw more. I remember the time when I took drawing class and drew people on the buses and trains. But also remember that perfecting the proportions of the real human anatomy is not the only route you can take but you can adjust the proportion to fit your own. Good examples would be Justice League or Gears of War where their proportions are either more extremified or bulky. There is no right or wrong in art but rather whether you, the artist, feels that you have achieved your goal to convey it in the way you wanted it to be.

Other than that, keep up the good work. wink.gif

Edited by Zen_Cross

user posted image

fmffufumffp i finally finished it!! fixed the legs a little and i just : ' D

im gonna take a break from doing digital drawings to work on traditional; i also got figure drawing for all it's worth by andrew loomis so i'm going to be practising using that for a while!!! the human body has a lot of muscles send help

how do you colour hair i just/// omg

ZOOMS OMG JOUHAIR THATS REALLY GOOD

The hair is like //STOKES INTENSELY

give me your shading skills please

and yeh uff anatomy is killer omg. I should probs pick up an anatomy book and look at it but-- im too laze

yOU SAID YOU GOT A FIGURE DRAWING BOOK YOU DIDN'T MENTION IT WAS THE LOOMIS ONE

That book is so good. I've looked over it in ebook form before they started reprinting them, but now that they are available again I'm looking to get for my birthday the figure drawing one and perhaps either Fun With a Pencil or Creative Illustration *crosses fingers*

ZC is right -- proportions can be modified by style! Though it helps to have a grasp of the "ideal" proportions even though in real life, there's barely anyone in the world who has perfect proportions; personally, I find it just as useful to look at alignment i.e. the relationship between body parts. For figure and gesture drawing, it's nice to go out and sketch people while they are moving or doing daily things so you can capture the essence of the form quickly and effectively (drawing classes have periods of 30 second/1 minute/5 minute/10 minute poses to train that, and you've probably done that in art class in school).

For the actual, technical drawing aspect, don't be afraid with your lines when you're inking. I've noticed that a lot of your anime drawings have "fuzzy" lines. Even in sketches, try not to make your lines choppy but stroke them with one fluid motion (when drawing digitally, feel free to draw it slowly and spam Undo). Instead of going over an area multiple times to emphasize it, do that by varying line weight. Whether you overall use thinner or thicker lines is up to personal preference.

The other technical thing is: don't be afraid to have more contrast in your shading. (I still struggle with this too.) You have the liberty to make your darks darker to make a more visually appealing whole. If you put your drawing in greyscale, does it still look as good? Not too related, but

is the video that made the shading concept click for me.

Coincidentally, these are points 1 and 2 of Figure Drawing For All Its Worth, page 24.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

uff i don't have an update or anything oops i'm sorry but i just want to reply to all of you lovely peeps!! thank you so much [ happy birb noises ]

haha yeah, human bodies are hard work but you get used to it when you draw more. I remember the time when I took drawing class and drew people on the buses and trains. But also remember that perfecting the proportions of the real human anatomy is not the only route you can take but you can adjust the proportion to fit your own. Good examples would be Justice League or Gears of War where their proportions are either more extremified or bulky. There is no right or wrong in art but rather whether you, the artist, feels that you have achieved your goal to convey it in the way you wanted it to be.

Other than that, keep up the good work.  wink.gif

omg ahh yeah ; u ; human bodies are really hard! i need to practise more yes <333

ahh oh really? that's super cool omg i need to just go out there and sit at a starbucks or something and just draw people pfffftttt

ahh whoa that's true--thank you so much!! <333 that's true, art comes in all forms : ' D so i guess i can take a bit of liberty--still, i do really like realism and it's super fun to do! <33 hopefully i can improve more and more, slowly ; o ;

ZOOMS OMG JOUHAIR THATS REALLY GOOD

The hair is like //STOKES INTENSELY

give me your shading skills please

and yeh uff anatomy is killer omg. I should probs pick up an anatomy book and look at it but-- im too laze

LOUD CRYING SEPAIR THANK YOU <3333

omg sheds real tears & hides face UR TOO NICE omg stabs myself in the face thank you friend so much <333

anatomy is hard i just. why sos 101 send help

omg yoo you should!! anatomy books are actually really fun : ' D idk it pleases me bc i really like realism pfft

yOU SAID YOU GOT A FIGURE DRAWING BOOK YOU DIDN'T MENTION IT WAS THE LOOMIS ONE

That book is so good. I've looked over it in ebook form before they started reprinting them, but now that they are available again I'm looking to get for my birthday the figure drawing one and perhaps either Fun With a Pencil or Creative Illustration *crosses fingers*

ZC is right -- proportions can be modified by style! Though it helps to have a grasp of the "ideal" proportions even though in real life, there's barely anyone in the world who has perfect proportions; personally, I find it just as useful to look at alignment i.e. the relationship between body parts. For figure and gesture drawing, it's nice to go out and sketch people while they are moving or doing daily things so you can capture the essence of the form quickly and effectively (drawing classes have periods of 30 second/1 minute/5 minute/10 minute poses to train that, and you've probably done that in art class in school).

For the actual, technical drawing aspect, don't be afraid with your lines when you're inking. I've noticed that a lot of your anime drawings have "fuzzy" lines. Even in sketches, try not to make your lines choppy but stroke them with one fluid motion (when drawing digitally, feel free to draw it slowly and spam Undo). Instead of going over an area multiple times to emphasize it, do that by varying line weight. Whether you overall use thinner or thicker lines is up to personal preference.

The other technical thing is: don't be afraid to have more contrast in your shading. (I still struggle with this too.) You have the liberty to make your darks darker to make a more visually appealing whole. If you put your drawing in greyscale, does it still look as good? Not too related, but this is the video that made the shading concept click for me.

Coincidentally, these are points 1 and 2 of Figure Drawing For All Its Worth, page 24.

AYE I DID GET THE LOOMIS DRAWING BOOK ALSO KNOWN AS GOD

omg god yes i just <333 gahh it's so dedicated and wonderful ufff send help ; o ;

because i'm a broke birb i also got a pdf of artistic anatomy by george b bridgman but i'm really hoping to get it in print soon because it's also a really good book <333

its so good i actually really love it so much omg i just. holds heart i've actually learnt a lot from it already and i'm just doing a readthrough--i'm gonna start drawing drawing once i familiarize myself with the book a bit more ; o ;

omg yoo nicenice!! hopefully you can get the thing <33

ufff yes that's true!! haa until you guys mentioned that i didn't even realise : ' D i suppose it's up to style and a good blend! ; o ;

and ahh yeah that's true : ' D the perfect figure doesn't exist, and it's wonderfully refreshing how diverse everyone is tbh <333

omg ohhh that's cool ohmy.gifO definitely; one of the biggest things i struggle with is drawing from mind (which is why ocs are like lmao how) bc i'm always like ???? where that arm go send help 101 abort mission

omg dan g that sounds really cool!! OO: whoa dang i should try that--speed drawing sounds like it'd help to really pay attention to detail and realise things!

omg ahh no we haven't done that before in art class OO: it sounds super cool tho dang

ohh tyty so much friend <33 i honestly have so much trouble with lines bc i just start drawing them everywhere so my sketches are like 101 sos send help

yes undo is god : ' D

ahh thank you so much friend!! <33 i will try that next time i line a thing ; u ;

omg ahh whoa i didn't realise but now i see--yeah, i know what you mean! idk i'm always a bit afraid to take the darks too dark or the lights too light like jfc what but//// dang omg

omg thank you friend for the video <333 watches intensely : ' D

omg whoa YES pfftt i honestly was like ?? these points sound really familiar///// but thank you for explaining in such detail!! tears up and holds heart like. yes. i will go into the world with this knowledge and make mage proud

tyty friend <333 i hope to use everything and make some wonderful arts soon ; o ;

eep i am probably the slowest at doing this and technically it's 12:30 am but shshshHSHSH it's not the next day yet i haven't slept yet

but yass hello i am here and i have done day one of the thirty day challenge!! i'm doing this along with the squad so pls make sure to check out their cool entries and they also update way faster than i do pfpfpt

day 1: draw yourself/your primary oc/your persona w/e

user posted image

me everyday feat the laziest hand in the universe

yOOOOOO fata why are you such a cutiee patoee both indoors and outdoors i want to touch your art's face

Oh? Who else is in the squad?

It's a secret. wink.gif

w-what squad are you talking about I don't know nothing about no squad

Fata I love your art and I'm so glad you're doing the thing with us <33 you are a beautiful human bean

There is no squad. There was never a squad. "Squad" isn't even a real word ha ha what are you talking about

Fata for most beautiful fromage 2k15 never stop arting

Your self-drawing is so pretty like whaaa

*poofs in because wow its been forever where have I been where did all this art come from idkkkkk wow*

I dunno the outdoors version is hella but that indoors picture is absolute perfection, I mean like the angles and the lighting and everything is just exquisite.

what squad i like squads they are tiny little squishy things related to cuttlefish, yes?

aSLKSGHDG all these replies you guys hides face

tyty ; o ; <3333

Oh? Who else is in the squad?

a collection of cuttlefish

yOOOOOO fata why are you such a cutiee patoee both indoors and outdoors i want to touch your art's face

screams loudly and touches your art from a distance omg tyty friend ; o ; <333

i am just a smol birb doing my smol birb thing

Fata I love your art and I'm so glad you're doing the thing with us <33 you are a beautiful human bean

omg i shed so many tear thank you ayes <33 i must do the thing hella ; u ;

touches you so much omg thank you friend u are a beautiful robot birb

Fata for most beautiful fromage 2k15 never stop arting

IM SHEDDING REAL TEARS i am the tru fromage yes

thank u friend <33

Your self-drawing is so pretty like whaaa

melts into a puddle fpfpppfpfpfppFPPFt thank you friend ; o ; <333

*poofs in because wow its been forever where have I been where did all this art come from idkkkkk wow*

I dunno the outdoors version is hella but that indoors picture is absolute perfection, I mean like the angles and the lighting and everything is just exquisite.

what squad i like squads they are tiny little squishy things related to cuttlefish, yes?

omg HELLO spatio my art god <3333 wbwb

so many new art tbh

omg im shedding real tears same ikr my indoors ver should just be framed

das it my squad is just a squad of cool cuttlefish wearing sunglasses

i pretend to be one of them by wearing 3d movie glasses don't tell them

ufufufufufu thank you all so much friends im honour <33

uff IM SO LATE but hello this is day two: design a character based off a dessert

user posted image

this is macaron i love her ; o ; apologies for the crappy iphone camera but im gonna adopt her as an oc bc she's adorable

in case you can't read my writing bc its too blurry/messy:

100% cutie

wow

colours????

cuts hair herself

wears mittens bc she gets easily cold

(clothing) very loose, billows around

probably cries at bambi

is it bad that i want to eat hon hon macaron

you're rubbing off on me

im in tears

join me in the oc consuming friend

this is a strange form of art and pretty unrelated, but i got one of the popin' cookin' ねりきゃんランド packs and made some stuffus ; u ; they're pretty yummy, acutally, and i have leftover candy, but for now i'm going to pack to everything away and go make some miso for dinner, pffttt

even my food is weeaboo trash like i am

but this was really fun! 10/10 for anyone who wants to try the thing, bless t&t for existing

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

wha what they sell them at T&T why did no one ever tell me this i thought you had to import the thing (but then again I just recently discovered that T&T carried Ramune so maybe i'm super out of the loop or my local asian supermarket is super small compared to the likes of Toronto or Vancover)

wha what they sell them at T&T why did no one ever tell me this i thought you had to import the thing (but then again I just recently discovered that T&T carried Ramune so maybe i'm super out of the loop or my local asian supermarket is super small compared to the likes of Toronto or Vancover)

omfg im in tears same mage i just found it and i was like !!!!!

omg YES i bought ramune too but i haven't tried it yet ufff drinking too much soy milk like #lactose intolerant life, yes thank u

omg uffff big asian supermarkets are the best tho i feel so much my asian store is tiny so we just drive to vancouver : ' D or surrey pfftt

hello friends i have very exciting news that's probably more exciting to me than it is to you but hecka yea i am finished summer school so now i will have more time to draw!!! zoom zoom snap snap gets right on that art challenge so fast

ufff so i'm going to revise my to-do list at the beginning of my art thread and try to get as much drawing as i can done in this time period i have between freedom and school (as long as work doesn't pick up bc if it does i'll cry)

in the meantime

have some poetry i found

uff i wrote this stuff at the beginning of the year so : ' D excuse my mistakes

also it's kinda dark but i don't think there are ??? any triggers???? if so pls tell me and i will put warnings but otherwise yes hello greek gods @zeus don't be mad at me

idk what to name this so

fata's poem

Dionysus sips wine from a goblet

plentiful and red and sour

wonders why no food tastes ever as great

as wine fulled by drunken rage

makes the world a theater

and he is the leading fool.

Hermes travels between borders

stows away a pretty penny every time he walks

he steals and gambles and ends up in jail

to make sure they will not forget his name

he sings his children to sleep with police sirens

and they have long forgotten his laugh.

Hephaestus adopts a child weak from birth

knows well enough to endure the jests

he loves his children endlessly

for he knows the scorn of a mother that never was

still with his limp he does not stop working

and no one is to blame when he slips from the skies.

Aphrodite is a cloud in the night

beautiful and elegant and monstrous

refuses to let her children grow beautiful

she leaves in the night without a word

dances on silk wrapped around bare ankles

a maelstrom that only comes once.

Ares orders his soldiers better than his children

spends his nights off drinking with Aphrodite

his first instinct is action rather than words

and the badges on his uniform sparkle red

having the police chief for a father

does not mean justice is always served.

Artemis shoots high and falls low

spends her days in crisp uniforms

she keeps her fingers ringless

and her posture high and proud

she remembers Zeus, Tityus, Python

men never keep their promises.

Apollo wakes on silk bedsheets

beautiful and golden and loved

he does not tell of causing Leto pain

Or murdering Niobe's children

Still he cannot find how to love

But he's been lying his entire life.

Athena is the stuff of history books

defines the modern woman

a better officer than Ares can ever dream

she keeps sharp tabs on her birds and work

yet she never arrives at the doorstep

she looks better as an eleven foot statue.

Poseidon was a surfer

all the girls love a sun-tanned boy

yet he still desires what he cannot have

watches Medusa with a careful seeker's eye

traps her in a back alleyway

with beer and seawater on his breath.

Hera's face appears everywhere on the news

left at home with newborns and a cripple

solitude only drives one to madness

and Hera has been alone since Zeus wed her

there is no excuse for trying to kill a child

but no one will hear her story.

Zeus breaks teeth with his gold rings

Clenches men between his fingers

and laughs at the world

he knows only power and nothing else

the god of the world is emotionless

he cannot care for anything but himself.

Ayy Lmao

Well in my 10 billion year absence you've improved although your taste in Japanese animes hasn't :^)

I heard Requests were open tongue.gif

you nerd fight me jkjk welcome back!! <333 thank you friend omfg whenever someone says i've improved i just. alskghakshgksl

good god i've missed your impossibly-designed super fancy requests : ' D accepted!! <33

haha i should really get working on those requests huh i promise i will yes

mini-dump to make up for me not having arted that much this summer!

this was supposed to be day 3: dergs doing human things, but unfortunately the lines are too soft and i just : ' D basically derg + makeup = how do??? i feel this on a spiritual level

user posted image

tfw no scanner

day 4: 4-panel comic

the four squares say: me when i don't draw: --> bored

how i remember drawing: wow so beauty 100% fun

then . . . "i should draw!!"

what it actually is . . .

a heckton of pressing undo

user posted image

i haven't done realism in a while hah a h a

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

wip////

i tried to keep in mind the lovely crit mage has given me, along with some points from loomis' book!! <33

also i really like to colour wtf

user posted image

Hi dear long time no see <3

I am busy currently and forgot to ask that...have you received my PM? I replied at the first time I saw it and quoted my original reply as well. But I didn't get any more replies from you so I'm wondering if you lost it again?

hhhhELLO I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR FAR TOO LONG

but good news i have prepared an art dump

bad news is that they're all just pictures of me attempting to practise anatomy

im going to link them rather than upload then bc that's just going to be a monster of a post

Looks Cute you freakin weeb

thanks you loser

Hi dear long time no see <3

I am busy currently and forgot to ask that...have you received my PM? I replied at the first time I saw it and quoted my original reply as well. But I didn't get any more replies from you so I'm wondering if you lost it again?

omg yoo!! it's been a while omfg shely <33 how are you ????

omg ahh yes i have! ; o ; we've sent a couple of messages since this post, haha : ' D now's my turn to ask; did you get my pm? ; o ; i know the forum likes to eat messages dang </33

look a head

ah yes, some bodies

look at these eyes

if you take this out of context it sounds horrific

frames

this one is just literally circles

i'd like to thank andrew loomis

this man is a godsend

haha i bet u never guessed i would be this productive

quickly drew the girl from enderkid's request idk i'm not too pleased bc her lower half seems too small so i might redraw this but i say a lot of things [ shrugs ]

EDIT;;;

i have a new oc say hi everyone his name is noe and i love him

user posted image

Edited by Lady_Lunevis