HeatherMarie

Ability to customize scroll

Okay, I spent some time using search and I didn't find anything specifically like this. However, I *did* find....

View Lineage in Scroll page

Species/breed on scroll

A marker/symbol to show described dragons, like with gender and frozen - updated

Accepting/Not Accepting Aid at the top of Scrolls

So it seems like users in general would like a lot of different things to customize how their scroll looks.

I'm suggesting, not instead of those threads but beyond them, an easier way to make scrolls nicer to look at and more productive for everyone involved. I'm not a coder or anything so I have no clue *what* exactly is needed, except...

I look at my scroll. There are *seventeen* badges (16 if you don't count the trophy), and 12 of them are clickable. I would LOVE the *option* to hide specific badges that aren't doing anything but looking nice.

I can honestly say I have *never* used the "show your scroll to others" link and frankly, it just takes up a lot of space on the top of my scroll. Something I'll never use. Having the *option* to hide it would be so wonderful.

We can already choose whether or not to display social media buttons, hide adults, or hide scroll completely. A little more customization would be just awesome, imo.

I think it would be cool to have an option to see other's scrolls with the backgrounds they chose (like the Portal one). There's also a Paper BSA suggestion floating around somewhere that would let people change their scroll font, which would be neat as well.

I would like my scroll with all of its current information left intact, the addition of the Lineage links for each egg, hatchling and adult, and some mark indicating the status of my descriptions, described/pending/undescribed.

I already have my own "No Aid" message at the top of my scroll. It works better when people actually read it. rolleyes.gif

I do use the "show your scroll" link regularly, but have hidden all the Social Media buttons. I'm kind of fond of all my badges.

I never use the "hide adults" option, but really wish I had the option to hide all my eggs and hatchlings when I choose. Right now, fogging or hiding the whole scroll is the only way I can hide them.

I do like to have options. smile.gif

I agree.

I would like the ability to hide those badges (I wouldn't use it, but it would make viewing older user's scrolls a lot easier,) a search bar, and the show your scroll link removed or at least able to be hidden.

Edit:

On the whole topic of badge hiding, where exactly would they go? Should there be an extra badge to hide the badges? Or maybe you should have a certain amount of badges before you get that extra badges. For example, once you get five, you could put them in a book badge. That way, you wouldn't get a badge for doing nothing.

Edited by Kojayo55

I'm not against these, but I wouldn't use them myself. I use my scroll link quite a bit and I'm fine with my badges the way they are.

I think there used to a topic to organize badges but my searches didn't bring it up, so I'm not sure where it went. I do not recall ever cleaning it. o_O

I'm not against these, but I wouldn't use them myself. I use my scroll link quite a bit and I'm fine with my badges the way they are.

I think there used to a topic to organize badges but my searches didn't bring it up, so I'm not sure where it went. I do not recall ever cleaning it. o_O

I linked it above you Sock. They called it "Trophy Case" instead of badge

I linked it above you Sock.  They called it "Trophy Case" instead of badge

I did see your link, but it's not the thread I was thinking of - it was created before that one by a different user. It was about being able to actually physically drag and drop your trophies into a desired order and hide ones you didn't care to show off or if you thought they just made your scroll look busy. The badges all stayed on your scroll, though. ^^

EDIT: Hah! Had to use order, not organize: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=126947

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I never use the "hide adults" option, but really wish I had the option to hide all my eggs and hatchlings when I choose. Right now, fogging or hiding the whole scroll is the only way I can hide them.

THIS. I would love to have an option to just hide eggs and hatchlings. I keep fogging them to protect them.

I quite agree with everything on the OP smile.gif (Even if I don't want to hide my precious trophies)

I also heard someone asking for an option that allows you to change sort order for dragons of other's by breed or color. Only you would be able to see a scroll "modified" and it would be temporarily.

For example if I find a scroll where there are dragons totally mixed, without any type of sorting rule, and I'm looking only for blusang I would use: sort this scroll by breed and I would see a scroll that doesn't belong to me sorted in the way I choosed until I click on a dragon or refresh the page.

I don't know if I've explained myself, pelase ask if there are question.

Edited by Naruhina_94

I quite agree with everything on the OP smile.gif (Even if  I don't want to hide my precious trophies)

I also heard someone asking for an option that allows you to change sort order for dragons of other's by breed or color. Only you would be able to see a scroll "modified" and it would be temporarily.

For example if I find a scroll where there are dragons totally mixed, without any type of sorting rule, and I'm looking only for blusang I would use: sort this scroll by breed and I would see a scroll that doesn't belong to me sorted in the way I choosed until I click on a dragon or refresh the page.

I don't think we should be able to sort other people's scrolls in any way - not even for our own viewing purposes.

The only reason to look at someone else's scroll is when you are going to ask them to breed. And the last thing I want is someone trawling my scroll by breed for"OOOH DO WANT things". I breed for free, and I have had MANY requests from one individual just this week. I am happy to breed for free - but this kind of thing can get very tedious.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I don't think we should be able to sort other people's scrolls in any way - not even for our own viewing purposes.

The only reason to look at someone else's scroll is when you are going to ask them to breed. And the last thing I want is someone trawling my scroll by breed for"OOOH DO WANT things". I breed for free, and I have had MANY requests from one individual just this week. I am happy to breed for free - but this kind of thing can get very tedious.

Basically. If you want to ask someone to breed something you can just message them.

I quite agree with everything on the OP smile.gif (Even if I don't want to hide my precious trophies)

I don't like this

if your going to bother someone for a offspring the least you can do is look at their dragons as they have them

Basically. If you want to ask someone to breed something you can just message them.

And they do, they do ! rolleyes.gif - and if you are asking me for something, you can take the trouble to search my scroll the way I like it set up. You want me to take the trouble to breed for you, you make an effort too !

ninjaed by InugamiZERO, who said it more succinctly !

Edited by fuzzbucket

I quite agree with everything on the OP smile.gif (Even if  I don't want to hide my precious trophies)

My scroll is hidden, my adults are hidden, I'm obsessed with my privacy (and about having eggs killed by view bombers, happened enough when I was a naive newbie) so I would agree with what you are proposing only if the feature was optional, set by the scroll's owner and not default.

My scroll is hidden,  my adults are hidden,  I'm obsessed with my privacy (and about having eggs killed by view bombers, happened enough when I was a naive newbie) so I would agree with what you are proposing only if the feature was optional,  set by the scroll's owner and not default.

If someone can't see your scroll you couldn't try to visualize as you prefer, of course. smile.gif

What I've said is not valid for hidden scroll. It's just a way to momentarily display the dragons of others in a more orderly way that does not make you crazy to find what you were looking for.

Only the person who is using this feature would see the scroll changed, and just for a while, like a Filter that we can normally use (Unnamed Hatchling/adults, for example), but it works on the breeds.

Let's say I'm looking for a 2nd gen blusang grom ALT spriter on another scroll. This user has 200 Blusangs and they're not all together, but totally mixed among the other dragons and in 8 pages.

This feature could help me to assemble the breed I want, so I could start to search for what I need without the fear of losing the exact blusang I need.

If you're scroll can't be seen the user can't visualize it, stop smile.gif

This isn't my suggestion, but I still like it. It's really frustating to check 50+ dragons and don't find what you've looking for because you've jumped the one you need that was hiding among other dragons.

Edited by Naruhina_94

Let's say I'm looking for a 2nd gen blusang grom ALT spriter on another scroll. This user has 200 Blusangs and they're not all together, but totally mixed among the other dragons and in 8 pages.

This feature could help me to assemble the breed I want, so I could start to search for what I need without the fear of losing the exact blusang I need.

Just PM the scroll owner if you want to see a particular egg. If they don't want you to see it, they can say no. If they don't mind - that is a far more civilised way to do it.

My scroll is hidden, my adults are hidden, I'm obsessed with my privacy (and about having eggs killed by view bombers, happened enough when I was a naive newbie) so I would agree with what you are proposing only if the feature was optional, set by the scroll's owner and not default.

This.

I said my piece in the other thread, but I don't think I should have to hide my entire scroll to stop people from screwing with how my scroll is presented. I don't care if it's only seen by "the person using the feature" or what, I sort my scroll in a specific way and *why* should a stranger be able to look at it differently? Just because *they* want a more convenient way of looking? My scroll isn't tailored for stranger's needs, and it *shouldn't* be.

If someone can't see your scroll you couldn't try to visualize as you prefer, of course. smile.gif

What I've said is not valid for hidden scroll. It's just a way to momentarily display the dragons of others in a more orderly way that does not make you crazy to find what you were looking for.

Only the person who is using this feature would see the scroll changed, and just for a while, like a Filter that we can normally use (Unnamed Hatchling/adults, for example), but it works on the breeds.

If you're scroll can't be seen the user can't visualize it, stop smile.gif

This isn't my suggestion, but I still like it. It's really frustating to check 50+ dragons and don't find what you've looking for because you've jumped the one you need that was hiding among other dragons.

Oh I understood your point, just making mine about the fact that I would agree with the feature only if it was optional for the scroll's owner to set it. Sooner or later, when the view bombing issue subsides, I would love to show my scroll.

A scroll is already viewed by whatever the pagination setting of the viewer is set to. I have my scroll set for 200 dragons per page. Whether I look at Y's scroll, who has her default set to 100 per page, or if I look at X's scroll, set to 500 dragons per page, I will see them at my default setting, 200 per page.

I'm not in the habit of bothering people to breed for me, so that is never my interest in looking at a scroll. I don't want people clicking my babies, so clicking eggs or hatchlings is of no interest to me. Seeing how someone has arranged their scroll is of value, especially as I work on ways to manage my ever-increasing horde/hoard. Seeing a scroll as the owner has laid it out has the most value for me.

However, if I offer to breed for someone, my scroll (4100+) is unwieldy at best, and I am slowly working through a massive re-sort of the entire scroll. If there is a setting that would help them wade through my chaos, it would not bother me in the least, since they can have no effect on my adults.

Again, I would like the ability to hide only eggs and hatchling, as suggested in this thread, http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=154319. smile.gif