Cybele

The Polymer Workshop

So, about a year or so ago I stumbled across a lovely little type of material known as polymer clay. Having tried normal clay before and liking it getting frustrated that I had no way of baking it (what do you mean normal ovens don't go up to a 1000 degrees?!) it was like a godsend.

Long story short, after practicing with it for a bit I ended up with some little trinkets that I would like to share with you all today and perhaps get some feedback or new ideas in return.

So, without further ado:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Cybele

Whoa! These are really cool! I really like the little dragon pendant on the bottom.

Maybe, for future projects, you could try modeling some of DC's dragons?

Edited by Drako_tamer

I agree totally - the pendant is awesome!

Are you thinking of selling these? I would totally buy that pendant.

Have you tried cold porcelain? It doesn't even need to go in the oven (and is a bit cheaper than the awesome-but-oh-my-gosh-expensive! polymer clay)

Keep it up and keep posting!

~rendragyn

I agree totally - the pendant is awesome!

Are you thinking of selling these? I would totally buy that pendant.

Have you tried cold porcelain? It doesn't even need to go in the oven (and is a bit cheaper than the awesome-but-oh-my-gosh-expensive! polymer clay)

Keep it up and keep posting!

~rendragyn

Thanks!

Yeah, I hope to one day be able to sell at least some of the trinkets I make. But because I'd like to sell them I'm a bit reluctant on making DC related dragons since that would require asking permission from the sprite artist(s) first.

I have not! I looked it up and it sounds really interesting. Alas, it is made out of corn starch/flour and anything corn related that isn't in a tin can is a pain to find where I live. Still, I would love to give it a try. The main problem I had with normal clay was that it was very brittle after air-drying and I had no way to burn it.

Here's a few more things I've made:

user posted image

user posted image

More stuffs I've made! This time some fan art...sort of...

Firstly, two Game of Thrones related pendants:

user posted image

user posted image

And the wolf medallion from the Witcher series:

user posted image

Oh hey, I forgot I had this thread...oops >.>

Aaaanyway...

More stuffs!

user posted image

user posted image

+ more in the works!

Oh, I remember this. When I was younger I had some polymer clay and tried making some but they all looked so weird. laugh.gif

You're work is amazing, Cybele! I especially love the black dragon hugging the stone. smile.gif

I love working with polymer clay biggrin.gif I actually went out and bought a portable oven just for baking [polymer clay] with, so that I could hook up an extension cord to it and bake outside to avoid the fumes during the process.

It can be difficult, but oh so satisfying.

Wow! I've been wanting to work seriously with polymer for a long time now; these are very inspiring! <333

Temeraire. That is awesome, especially the first. I want onnnnnne. o3o

asdfjk; how do you arts!?

These are awesome. I really love all the ones you have wrapped around stones and such. These are super cool and if you had a shop, I'd seriously think about buying.

Thanks for all the lovely comments! It's really encouraging.

Out of curiosity (and I have been toying with this idea for well over a year now) if I were to put these dragons up for sale on say etsy or the likes, how much would you people be willing to pay for them?

Edited by Cybele

Thanks for all the lovely comments! It's really encouraging.

Out of curiosity (and I have been toying with this idea for well over a year now) if I were to put these dragons up for sale on say etsy or the likes, how much would you people be willing to pay for them?

Uhhh...... iwlrevfgawiyregfliauwygflia~~!!!! YESSSSS!!! I would totally buy these, me and my mom LOVE dragons!

Not polymer clay this time but a dragon none the less.

A little cube Toothless

user posted image

Oh my god. Give me that right now! It's adorable! Please? I would definitely buy that. biggrin.gif So cute!

Not polymer clay this time but a dragon none the less.

A little cube Toothless

-snip-

But what about the red tail-sail?? xd.png It's really cute >3<