whitebaron

Decrease Summon Cooldown to 1 Week

It's fine as it is. The summoning chances have been upped again, so wait a bit. I tried summoning my 2nd GoN and it failed, but patience is what this game seems to be about.

Besides, the new eggs should be worth less then a CB Gold/Silver/Neglected in a month, so people can try requesting for them.

My sister and I always thought it would make more sense to be able to summon more frequently depending on how many trios you had. Obviously, we wouldn't be complaining if the cooldown was made shorter, but two weeks seems pretty reasonable to me as is.

Yeah, I should have clarified that I actually don't mind the two weeks...I would prefer one week, but I also don't think it will make much difference except for offering users more chances for failure. :P

I don't mind a two week wait at all. Sure, it'll likely take at least a year before I summon my third GoN, but that's part of the charm of a GoN, really. You have to work your arse off to get one.

That being said, I would be alright with a cooldown of only one week.

I would prefer one week, actually. 2 weeks isn't terrible, I guess, but with the already dismal chances (well, slightly less dismal now), I don't believe that cutting the cooldown is going to make the population explode.

However, I really do enjoy the thought of more trio sets cutting down the cooldown.

1 set = 2 weeks

3 sets = 1 week, 5 days

6 sets = 1 Week, 3 days

10 sets = 1 week

and then the cut off is 1 week. Or something to that affect.

I really do enjoy the thought of more trio sets cutting down the cooldown.

1 set = 2 weeks

3 sets = 1 week, 5 days

6 sets = 1 Week, 3 days

10 sets = 1 week

and then the cut off is 1 week. Or something to that affect.

I like this idea a lot. Either that, or I always thought it would make sense for a higher amount of trio sets to increase chances of summoning. If only for purely RP reasons, I've never seen why the combined might of however many trios requires the exact same cooldown, with the exact same chances, as just a couple of trio sets.

I really like the system you proposed. Decrease it, yeah, but not by so much that the frequency is less than that of, say, a regular BSA. A cutoff of one week sounds good to me. I don't know, however, if an across-the-board one week cooldown, for the person who has (for example) only one or two trio sets, is particularly reasonable.

(again, though, I'm sure very few would complain if the cooldown was lowered wink.gif)

Personally I think it should be more sets involved, and with the increase from one amount to the next be one day less until you get to one week. That would be ideal to me.

Like...

1 set = 2 weeks

3 sets = 1 week 6 days

7 sets = 1 week 5 days

13 sets = 1 week 4 days

20 sets = 1 week 3 days

30 sets = 1 week 2 days

40 sets = 1 week 1 day

50 sets = 1 week

Just an example. Numbers can always be adjusted. No more than 50 sets for anything. 50 is I think PLENTY. I'd rather the number be less, so I think nothing higher than 50 would be great. c: But I would like it to not jump several days between levels.

It could definitely use a smoother transition, too. :Y

Either that, or I always thought it would make sense for a higher amount of trio sets to increase chances of summoning.

Um...they DO increase chances with more than one set. ._. I think it started as an untrue rumor, but then it became the truth. More complete sets of trios increases your chances (slightly) of successfully summoning.

GoNs are not suppose to rain down on us like candy bars.

My thoughts exactly. While I understand the frustration I think people are forgetting that these are ultra rare dragons and that they require patience so for now it's a no from me.

My thoughts exactly. While I understand the frustration I think people are forgetting that these are ultra rare dragons and that they require patience so for now it's a no from me.

They DON'T rain down on us like candy bars and NO ONE has said that they SHOULD be easy to get.

YES some are frustrated, but absolutely no one is saying to make them super easy to get AT ALL.

Not that I really care if the cooldown is one or two weeks, but it's likely that being one week (or gradual shortening of time with more trio sets) will only be more times for a failed summon.

I for one am TIRED of posts that seem to suggest GoNs are easy to get or are being made super easy to get with a suggestion that hardly makes it easier...

No one wants them to rain down like candy bars. Get that notion out of your heads please. It's still plenty hard to get them.

While one week (or whatever time less than 2 weeks) would surely offer more chances to summon a GoN, the success rate is most likely still very low. No one but TJ knows the exact amount for sure, but I highly doubt it's significantly high at all.

I honestly prefer no limit of GoNs per scroll (or at least rised to 5) If I had to choose... I'd prefer to need more time to gain my goal that to be unable to reach it because of the limit of 3 instead of 5.

I'd love both to be introduced but I'm afraid one would exclude another... So I'd prefer another limit over more frequent summons.

In addition to, rising the success rate is extremely controversial because of rarity issue.

Edited by Aniusia483

GoNs are not suppose to rain down on us like candy bars.

My last 26 summons had the same result. If that's raining like candy bars, you must have a very bad taste in candy.

They DON'T rain down on us like candy bars and NO ONE has said that they SHOULD be easy to get.

YES some are frustrated, but absolutely no one is saying to make them super easy to get AT ALL.

Not that I really care if the cooldown is one or two weeks, but it's likely that being one week (or gradual shortening of time with more trio sets) will only be more times for a failed summon.

I for one am TIRED of posts that seem to suggest GoNs are easy to get or are being made super easy to get with a suggestion that hardly makes it easier...

No one wants them to rain down like candy bars. Get that notion out of your heads please. It's still plenty hard to get them.

While one week (or whatever time less than 2 weeks) would surely offer more chances to summon a GoN, the success rate is most likely still very low. No one but TJ knows the exact amount for sure, but I highly doubt it's significantly high at all.

Um...ok ._.' I understand where you're coming from but if it barely makes a difference than why implement it? The GoN's have already been made a little easier to obtain and I'm fine with it as is. That's just my opinion.

And this is exactly why I'm against opening up GoN breeding or letting them have BSAs in the first place. They transform the GoNs from bragging rights trophies to actually useful dragons, which no longer justifies the notorious difficulty for obtaining them.

Alas, the damage has been done. Making them easier seems to be the only way to go now.

Could someone expand on this? I'm not sure why giving a GoN the ability to breed means it should be easier to obtain.

Edited by Booo

Why not implement it? It does benefit in offering more chances, but it will only help a bit in that. It doesn't raise chances of success, just more opportunities for failure and still the very rare success.

I would really prefer one week, but the two is okay. Gradual decrease with more trios would be nice and makes a bit of sense.

Hmm, I don't really mind this, and I certainly would prefer it over the limits on GoNs being removed entirely.

GoNs released:

March 26, 2010

First GoN:

Egg Stolen on: Feb 28, 2012

Second GoN:

Egg Stolen on: Nov 17, 2013

2 years minus a month to get my first GoN, almost 2 years again to get my 2nd. Another year and a half until my third I'm predicting. xd.png With my luck it wouldn't matter whether it's 1 or 2 weeks.

GoNs released:

March 26, 2010

on my scroll:

no GoN yet

over 4 years of frustration. so, even the summon-function would be once per week, no one could say, they rain on me like candy bars.

i'm totally for a limit of these dragons, i'm against unfreezing (if someone did, he/she has to live with that), but for those "Pechvögel" like me, who have not one of them, it would be just kind, if we could summon a little bit more often.

And when the first GoN is on the scroll, summon is again up every two weeks, and for the people with already two adult, it could raised up on every three weeks for the third one ^^ (i'm sure, the most don't like this idea).

I like it the way that it is. If they were easier to get they would lose that *specialness*

I like the idea of them being hard to get. Makes me appreciate the one I do have.

Guys, it's still equally as hard to get. Just because the cooldown would be cut by one week doesn't mean that the GoNs would suddenly be available to everyone.

Guys, it's still equally as hard to get. Just because the cooldown would be cut by one week doesn't mean that the GoNs would suddenly be available to everyone.

Well, from the looks of it this suggestion does not compensate for the decreased cooldown with a lowered success chance, so that's effectively doubling the chances you have for getting a GoN over the same period.

Sure, they won't rain down like candy bars, but the chance of getting one will see a significant rise (which probably still won't be immediately notable, like fertility supposedly giving breeding a massive boost).

I support the reduced cooldown as I don't see this as nearly "abuseable" as hoarding 100+ reds to have "infinite" incubates opposed here.

We need to remember this is a group BSA action opposed to an individual BSA action.

I could use this only once per two weeks, but nothing is stopping me from using 100+ Incubates in one day.

"Yes, I got lucky to have one GoN so this release swung in my favor but guess what? *Anyone* can summon a GoN and *Everyone* has the same chance and opportunity to summon one."

Yes anyone can summon a GoN, but does everyone really have the same chance AND opportunity to summon one? I think not. Why?

Take someone starting off with just one set of trios vs someone that's been trying to summon a GoN with 10 sets for a couple weeks even. With each set you have the better the chances. Do you think that is starting off with the same chance and opportunity? No. That's why it's better chances. As they say:

"Keep trying you'll eventually get there."

...So yeah, they essentially have a lead just from failing a couple of times already.. unsure.gif

"Um...ok ._.' I understand where you're coming from but if it barely makes a difference than why implement it?

Um... Ok o.o So if it does make a difference then you are against it? o.o;

"While I understand the frustration I think people are forgetting that these are ultra rare dragons and that they require patience so for now it's a no from me."

Take in mind you quoted, "GoNs are not suppose to rain down on us like candy bars."

I support the reduced cooldown as I don't see this as nearly "abuseable" as hoarding 100+ reds to have "infinite" incubates opposed here.

We need to remember this is a group BSA action opposed to an individual BSA action.

I could use this only once per two weeks, but nothing is stopping me from using 100+ Incubates in one day.

While it is a BSA, I don't think comparing it to an red's incubate is quite in line. Incubate takes a day off, and you've had to work to gather and raise those 100 reds to use their BSA. Collecting three dragons, even uncommon ones, generally takes less effort, and instead of something simple like saving you time, they actually create a brand new dragon. That really is a horse of a different color.

Not to mention in the logic behind both of those BSAs, it would take a lot less energy for a red to blow a puff of fire on an egg to heat it up and move it along than it will take for your Trio to get their act together and wear themselves out preforming a ritual to summon a dragon from another realm. Honestly, Summon technically should have a longer cool down than Incubate, because there is more work involved for the dragons.

Edited by Sir Barton

While it is a BSA, I don't think comparing it to an red's incubate is quite in line. Incubate takes a day off, and you've had to work to gather and raise those 100 reds to use their BSA. Collecting three dragons, even uncommon ones, generally takes less effort, and instead of something simple like saving you time, they actually create a brand new dragon. That really is a horse of a different color.

Not to mention in the logic behind both of those BSAs, it would take a lot less energy for a red to blow a puff of fire on an egg to heat it up and move it along than it will take for your Trio to get their act together and wear themselves out preforming a ritual to summon a dragon from another realm. Honestly, Summon technically should have a longer cool down than Incubate, because there is more work involved for the dragons.

When did I say they were the same? I only compared the "abuseable" part of it. More of Trios =/= more use of BSA. It only raises chances of success. I even said they were different:

"[...]it would take a lot less energy for a red to blow a puff of fire on an egg to heat it up and move it along than it will take for your Trio to get their act together and wear themselves out preforming a ritual to summon a dragon from another realm."

Where on earth does it say that it blows a puff of fire on an egg to warm it? o.o I mean I'm 90% sure on both hatchlings, gendered/ungenderd it says it blows a puff of smoke, but no where on BSA or action performed does it say it just randomly blows a puff of fire to heat it up. ._. It's not just a set of trios, though yes, it generally only takes 3, but again, you can hoard Trios just like you can with any, including reds. It's seriously going to take 100 sets of trios to cooldown 2 weeks compared to just 1 set? Geez. ._.;

Again:

I agree with this, however I think we should go a step further and allow summon to show up on the bsa's list.

Though I'm not too miffed about a two week cd, after all it is the same for red dragons.

Waiting two weeks to summon doesn't really bother me that much. It makes any successful summon you get that much more enjoyable and rewarding. I won't complain if the cd gets shortened, but I'm happy with he way it is.

However, I do like the idea of including the actual summon action in the BSA list.

I've always wondered why they hadn't been included before and I think I realized that it might have been a waste of space since it wouldn't matter if you had three summoning dragons or three hundred, they would all do the same single action no matter which dragon you clicked on.

However, I do like the idea of including the actual summon action in the BSA list.

I've always wondered why they hadn't been included before and I think I realized that it might have been a waste of space since it wouldn't matter if you had three summoning dragons or three hundred, they would all do the same single action no matter which dragon you clicked on.

I always wondered too and thought the same thing. xd.png

I do not mind either way. But it would be easier for me to time it if it was 1 week, simply as it would fall with incubates etc.