whitebaron

Decrease Summon Cooldown to 1 Week

With the start of breedable Guardians, we have 2 issues that should be resolved:

• People without GoNs due to bad luck/few trios/newer players/no interest
  • People who froze their previous GoNs

You can "reset" your frozens by releasing them, but: Experience shows, that summoning is a slow, ardous and very unlikely event. It would be a pity to exclude a part of the playerbase without them being able to catch up - ever.

Thus, my simple solution: Decrease the Cooldown of Summoning. Its an easy fix that does not really break any mechanics, and also helps older players who have their fill of 2, to get the 3rd faster smile.gif

I agree with this, however I think we should go a step further and allow summon to show up on the bsa's list.

Though I'm not too miffed about a two week cd, after all it is the same for red dragons.

And this is exactly why I'm against opening up GoN breeding or letting them have BSAs in the first place. They transform the GoNs from bragging rights trophies to actually useful dragons, which no longer justifies the notorious difficulty for obtaining them.

Alas, the damage has been done. Making them easier seems to be the only way to go now.

Edited by CNR4806

I would like to see it be a week, but I don't think it needs to be a week.

It also seems weird that it would take longer for a red dragon to recover from incubating an egg than it would a group of powerful dragons to recover from an awesome powerful summoning ritual. But I could throw aside that oddity for the sake of easier GoN getting. ;3;

They transform the GoNs from bragging rights trophies to actually useful dragons, which no longer justifies the notorious difficulty for obtaining them.

Alas, the damage has been done. Making them easier seems to be the only way to go now.

Exactly. And that's also one of reasons to rise the breed limit (most suggest the limit of at least 5 instead if any).

I would like to see it be a week, but I don't think it needs to be a week.

It also seems weird that it would take longer for a red dragon to recover from incubating an egg than it would a group of powerful dragons to recover from an awesome powerful summoning ritual. But I could throw aside that oddity for the sake of easier GoN getting. ;3;

Basically this. laugh.gif I'm not opposed to the idea because, hey, more chances to get that third GoN, but I don't feel that we absolutely must have it or that it's necessarily consistent with other RP elements.

I agree we should decrease it to 1 week, especiall because breeding cooldown is 1 week as well and for the new release it will take a little until we have male and female of all 3 dragon kinds.

I'd have no problem lessening the cooldown, but I also don't have a problem with leaving it as is. Summoning takes a lot out of our dragons. =o

xP

I have no reason to complain about a week-long cooldown. But I'm accustomed to the 2-week cooldown just like Reds so I can live with it unchanged.

I find the RP-logic for BSAs rather funny anyway, and perhaps the cooldown times have less to do with RP and more to do with the actual purpose of the action. (Kinda like how the limit on freezing prevents people from just freezing a bunch at once to increase scroll population. IDK; I'm just theorizing.)

I think that would be nice, actually. I think it would put less strain on the poor trio population if we can summon more often. That paired with raised chances will also help us get these new Avatars.

Here's your RP reason: This new surge from the newfound offspring of GoNs filled every Trio dragon with more power, enabling them to not only summon more successfully, but more often.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Nope.

If TJ brings it down to 1 week, then I vote he brings it the chances of summoning one. GoNs are not suppose to rain down on us like candy bars.

Not to mention, didn't TJ increase the chances of summoning a GoN with this release?

Wait the month, keep trying. You can't expect everything to be made easy in a game. It's already pretty easy to get trios if you hunt the boards, stalk the caves and peruse the AP as long as you're not picky about lineages.

Yes, I got lucky to have one GoN so this release swung in my favor but guess what? *Anyone* can summon a GoN and *Everyone* has the same chance and opportunity to summon one.

I think it's fun to have some form of a challenge on DC. And if you get frustrated about not being able to summon a GoN? Then find a project to work on and put summoning GoNs on the back burner. These are great dragons but if you put all your eggs in a basket of luck, it gets frustrating. Make something you can control - like a breeding or commons collecting project - your first priority and leave something that is up to chance as a secondary priority.

I dunno. A month is indeed awhile, but a week? That's just too much. I agree with noxlyx, and while you may want that Charizard, you can't have your Charmander fight one Ratatta and have it grow to level 77. You have to be patient. People got GoNs before, we'll keep getting them today if not more often.

I dunno. A month is indeed awhile, but a week? That's just too much. I agree with noxlyx, and while you may want that Charizard, you can't have your Charmander fight one Ratatta and have it grow to level 77. You have to be patient. People got GoNs before, we'll keep getting them today if not more often.

It's only two weeks, not a month.

And I'm OK with that - even though it did take almost 3 years to get my first...

And I'm OK with that - even though it did take almost 3 years to get my first...

Ditto... even the three year part. rolleyes.gif

I'd have no problem lessening the cooldown, but I also don't have a problem with leaving it as is. Summoning takes a lot out of our dragons. =o

xP

I always envision my dragons dancing energetically around a circle and chanting a really fast spell that lasts six minutes, and the slightest slip-up, whether it is a marginally out of sync word or misplaced step by a millimetre, fails the summon.

So all the rehearsing and of course recovering from the exhausting ritual is more than enough to make me feel the two week cooldown is perfectly justified. GoNs are meant to be the holy grail of dragons and reducing the cooldown to one week just kinda defeats that purpose. TJ already raised the chances anyway, I think?

I don't mind it being as it is now. Honestly I don't know how does it feel to try every 2 weeks anymore, it's been so long time since I've summoned my second GoN O_o

(I wouldn't mind shortening the cooldown by half, either. It doesn't make much difference to me.)

Edited by Light Concorde

Two weeks? I was not aware of this. If that's the case, than I'm certainly against this. Sorry, but GoNs are special things that require a special amount of effort.

Two weeks? I was not aware of this. If that's the case, than I'm certainly against this. Sorry, but GoNs are special things that require a special amount of effort.

It's been 2 weeks since the day it started. Sir Barton and I are acutely aware, as we both did it religiously, and sort of competitively, for AGES... xd.png

If TJ brings it down to 1 week, then I vote he brings it the chances of summoning one. GoNs are not suppose to rain down on us like candy bars.

I get that you're under the impression that summoning is easy. It's not. Even if you have a bagillion whole trios like some do.

----

On another note, I'd like to say that I was also under the impression for the longest time that summoning was a month cooldown. It's possible that wrong information may have been on the wiki or whatever I was looking at. It was only recently that I read it was in fact two weeks.

Then again, I may have been thinking of Bite, which is once a month.

I get that you're under the impression that summoning is easy. It's not. Even if you have a bagillion whole trios like some do.

----

On another note, I'd like to say that I was also under the impression for the longest time that summoning was a month cooldown. It's possible that wrong information may have been on the wiki or whatever I was looking at. It was only recently that I read it was in fact two weeks.

Then again, I may have been thinking of Bite, which is once a month.

I think you were. wink.gif

When it was first announced - way back in the dark ages (March 2010) - TJ said two weeks, and on your legendaries now, you get the "not available till" thing like any other action. I recall that you didn't when it all started, but you do now. I don't know when that started to appear, as I've not needed to look for a while.

The news threads were all eaten by a bug two days after the GoNs were released, so I can't link to the post, but the wiki is clear about it.

Edited by fuzzbucket

two weeks isn't that long on a game like this. i get how it'd be annoying if this game was the only thing you play/the only thing you do as a hobby but GoN's are meant to be hard to get :/

is this going to turn into another dose of raffle odds drama? lol

Well, even if I had a forum account then (which I'm pretty sure I did) I really only started posting a lot last May/June, so I had no idea of that announcement post. It would be nice if announcements about new stuff would show on the main cave, but that's for another thread (that probably already exists somewhere).

So yeah, I really only had the wiki to go by, because it had all the information I needed and I didn't think a forum was necessary to be on. :Y Pretty sure there was either wrong info or I was thinking of Bite (probably the latter).

-----

Also, Pinkie, GoNs ARE hard to get regardless of cooldown. Pretty sure it would be fine if it were to be shortened to one week.

GoNs ARE hard to get regardless of cooldown. Pretty sure it would be fine if it were to be shortened to one week.

They'd be easier to get than they are now if the cooldown was shortened and the chances of getting one per summon were the same, though.

They'd be easier to get than they are now if the cooldown was shortened and the chances of getting one per summon were the same, though.

Barely.