TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

*awkward cough* hey so how about that hatchling timer

Did I miss something? What's a hatchling timer?

Edited by flitzthesoulreaper

Guess the Suggestions crowd is a rather unrepresentative sample in certain aspects.

It seems to me that it's always the same people who post in the "suggestions" threads anyway. Game newbies/forum newbies get scared away pretty easily.

All in all I've got to say that I'd be disappinted by the reaction of the users if I was one of the spriters or TJ. I guess it just gets harder and harder to satisfy the demands of the players once you give them monthly releases and a previous giant release for the birthday.

We already had the May release and I think the June release will be soon.

lmao! 3 hours to adults! I can't wait to see these gorgeous, wicked adults! Especially the 'T Rex'! biggrin.gif

All in all I've got to say that I'd be disappinted by the reaction of the users if I was one of the spriters or TJ.

If TJ and the spriters don't get the reaction of those that couldn't participate in a BIRTHDAY event, I don't even know what to say. Everyone loves the new eggs and babies. That's universal, that's understood and that's not the point.

Edited by MedievalMystic

My two cents as someone who has a single GoN and has tried unsuccessfully for over two years to get a second one... I love this, I'm so happy TJ is finally doing something with the GoNs. But considering how long I've been trying to get my second one, I have to agree with all the people saying this probably wasn't the best time to do it...

Also I missed out on Easter, so I would have loved another treasure hunt-type event to mark the occasion /laugh. In any case, I'm sure TJ is taking notes and hopefully something everyone can participate in on the birthday will happen next year.

I have to agree with all the people saying this probably wasn't the best time to do it...

And that IS the point for those that aren't getting it...

lmao! 3 hours to adults! I can't wait to see these gorgeous, wicked adults! biggrin.gif

Me neither biggrin.gif I bet they will all be gorgeous and I can't WAIT to be able to try again for some for myself.

*Wishes her GoN would get off of cooldown already.*

AND...I agree that those people that would veiwbomb someone else's eggs out of spite and jealous deserve not ONE new dragon. mad.gif I mean, really. I can understand why someone is disapppointd, I get that, I really do, by WHY take your inability to summon a guardian or breed avatars out on someone with better luck?

It seems to me that it's always the same people who post in the "suggestions" threads anyway. Game newbies/forum newbies get scared away pretty easily.

All in all I've got to say that I'd be disappinted by the reaction of the users if I was one of the spriters or TJ. I guess it just gets harder and harder to satisfy the demands of the players once you give them monthly releases and a previous giant release for the birthday.

We already had the May release and I think the June release will be soon.

Nah, it has always been like this. I've been here since.. 2009 I think? Almost every release has had its ups and downs. There's always a percentage of the user base that WILL find something to complain about, sometimes rightfully so some others for well, I'll be reserved for once and say for "less important" reasons.

It's just the number of people that whine that changes.

But it's usually mostly positive comments that get posted, at least when it comes to the artwork, so I don't think it's the artists that get affected the most.

Edited by flitzthesoulreaper

These are here to stay, i think there is no need to whine, you will get your easier now because the rate has been bumbed.

I love those new GoNs! I have one GoN and yet, i don't whine about it. Be happy for what you get. smile.gif

And i do not wish negative replies for this.

Thank you & sorry for my english.

You already have a GoN and request people who don't have any GoN to stop expressing their feelings.

That's quite interesting.

This game is about patiance and efforts

I agree with this point,

but it should NOT apply to birthday event.

Aaaaaaaand,

Just as what I said in the first page, the good people who try to decorate this event make this birthday special, not the event itself. So thank you all from the bottom of my heart, for everything you do to make other people feel better. This is why I love this game.

Aaaaaaand,

Do you belive that I've got just 1 egg from 10 Ices and 0 eggs from 10 thunders and 0 eggs from 7 magmas?!?

I BELIVE!!! I got 0 egg from 6 ices and 6 magmas and 10 thunders!!!! This never happen before!!

Let's not kid ourselves here. No matter when these dragons were released, people were going to complain. Most the most part, it's been the same few users posting throughout this thread at every opportunity about how much they don't like his release, and I don't believe for a second that it wouldn't have happened at any other time. These aren't the actions of someone who is minorly annoyed about no birthday cake and balloons being up on the background, if that was the case they'd have said their piece and then moved on instead of needing to restate it every other page.

I'm not even going to touch that.  I'll just say that you're missing the point and leave it at that.

If you read the last sentence I wrote you could undesrtand that I'm not missing the point.

I undesrtand that the bigger probelm with this event is that so many people could did nothing, and I've said that I agree with you and this is sad.

For a DC Birthday everybody should be able to do something, a mini game, a collecting game (like Easter) or something like that to celebrate all togheter.

I've just pointed out that there is a big difference from a permanent feature avaliable to everyone and something that won't depend on you, no matter what you will do. It's another matter from what you and Xili_Rem were saying, ok?

I perfectly agree with Xili_Rem, to be clear.

And if you're not even going to touch my post don't quote it, it's usless because you didn't explain yourself.

Edited by Naruhina_94

If I were the creator of the game, I'd consider people's opinions if they felt that it was unfair, and take notes on it.

But the way some people are bashing, I would be horrified at how inconsiderate people are being towards this.

I have zero GoNs and yes, I was disappointed that i couldn't participate or get excited over the new sprites(or upset if you didn't like it) but honestly, people need to get over themselves. As much as i hate to say it, this is a game... A game is win some or lose some. Nobody lost anything, they just have to wait for it. It sucks, I'm right here with you waiters..now everyone please calm down and thank TJ for giving us more wonderful dragons to obsess over.

Edit for grammar ;-;

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

One hour to go... c'mon, little guys, show us how creative/transformative/destructive you really are.

Critique and criticism are good things depending on how they are presented; I feel a lot of users in this particular event have presented such feedback fairly and well. That's not to say that everyone who's presented complaints has, but I haven't seen that much empty insulting.

If I were the creator of the game, I'd consider people's opinions if they felt that it was unfair, and take notes on it.

But the way some people are bashing, I would be horrified at how inconsiderate people are being towards this.

I have zero GoNs and yes, I was disappointed that i couldn't participate or get excited over the new sprites(or upset if you didn't like it) but honestly, people need to get over themselves. As much as i hate to say it, this is a game... A game is win some or lose some. Nobody lost anything, they just have to wait for it. It sucks, I'm right here with you waiters..now everyone please calm down and thank TJ for giving us more wonderful dragons to obsess over.

Edit for grammar ;-;

thanks Icarus, I perfectly agree with you! I would very like to have had another event at this point, something that everybody could enjoy at the same level in the same day xd.png

But these dragons are so awesome that I can't wait anymore ! ^^

Let's not kid ourselves here. No matter when these dragons were released, people were going to complain. Most the most part, it's been the same few users posting throughout this thread at every opportunity about how much they don't like his release, and I don't believe for a second that it wouldn't have happened at any other time. These aren't the actions of someone who is minorly annoyed about no birthday cake and balloons being up on the background, if that was the case they'd have said their piece and then moved on instead of needing to restate it every other page.

I have to disagree, because I haven't seen a single person who isn't excited to thrilled with seeing the new dragons. Everyone also seems extremely happy to have the GON upgraded from spaceholder to useful. The dissatisfaction this time comes from people's expectations of having a sitewide event that is akin to a holiday event, and not being able to participate in it.

If the release was done in a "non holiday" manner, there would have been much less upset, and the reason that people continue to post is because so many others are basically telling them to suck it up because they will eventually get to play. That's not their point. They know that. They are very reasonably upset for being sidelined during an "event", not a normal release. It's natural for them to continue to complain, because when their complaints are brushed aside, or worse, they get belittled by being called whiners, it's becomes obvious that they aren't really being heard. Hence, they say it again.

Critique and criticism are good things depending on how they are presented; I feel a lot of users in this particular event have presented such feedback fairly and well. That's not to say that everyone who's presented complaints has, but I haven't seen that much empty insulting.

That's the point I was trying to make. I feel like if you're insulting users for having an opinion, You're insulting the entire game by making people dislike the people of the game...

That wasn't the best way to explain it but I guess i can't quite get the words out correctly... Just dumbfounded with the outright Mean-ness towards other players and the lashing back on the first one's part. It's a constant argument and it needs to stop.

I joined nearly two years ago and when I did, i never saw this much bashing towards others, in fact when people had an opinion, they would consider both sides before answering. There was the occasional person to start bashing like this, but it was never at this horrifying level of ungratefulness. It makes me sad..

I critiqued on the GoN's new update sprite, it needed a few anatomy changes. Though I am doubting it will happen, I thought someone should point it out for the game's purpose in looking nice, The dragon needed critique and that's that. It doesn't have to be taken and changed, I just offered my critique in case someone did follow it.

The event could have been more inclusive.

The dragon could have some better anatomy.

and then you say "Thank you TJ! This event is wonderful, I don't have a GoN yet but I hope maybe someone will gift me some Avatar eggs until i get one."

And go back to catching.

Yes, that's true. I expect that people would have complained no matter what. But it's merely magnified here because of the fact it's a birthday event.

People like myself comment a lot because there are many people who are simply refusing to see that there is another side to the people replying to the event. Thankfully most people are those who understand that others are disappointed, but hope to change their mind. But there are also those who are saying things like "well I'm not upset so you shouldn't be!" which is just wrong.

If this event came out at any other time, the argument that everyone CAN get one eventually would hold much more weight. I'd personally be bouncing around and making plans to get as many complete trios as possible. Right now the disappointment is making me ignore the idea of breeding more trios, because I'm sad. It'll probably change later once everything dies down a bit, but right now that's how it is. Everyone is a little petty in some way.

And personally, I hope the spriters aren't sad about the replies, because damn. Those sprites are pretty. I am going to stay up and online until they grow up, and it being late here doesn't matter! I want to see the adults c:

Not long now! *jumps up and down excitedly*

Apologies if missed this again, who are our spriters for these three? Please be about to chat about them once they are grown biggrin.gif

And if you're not even going to touch my post don't quote it, it's usless because you didn't explain yourself.

I didn't think that 'You don't get the point' needed explaining. I thought that pretty much said it all.

Apologies if missed this again, who are our spriters for these three? Please be about to chat about them once they are grown biggrin.gif

Looks like it's Birdzgoboom, Shiny Hazard Sign, and Odeen. Which bodes well for them. ^.^

I know Marrionetta did the sprite update, i'm not sure if she also did the avatars though wub.gif

Looks like it's Birdzgoboom, Shiny Hazard Sign, and Odeen. Which bodes well for them. ^.^

Ohhh! Thanks arula. Very VERY exciting times biggrin.gif Thanks spriters though I am sure I will be squeeing more shortly.

Okay so...

Someone said everyone should give feedback. I did a lot of pages ago (a short and really really trying for nice one) than I just tried to forget the whole event. But I couldn't because it's just everywhere. This may be whining (mostly for those that already had at least one GoN) but here it is:

I don't have GoNs. I have been trying since January with no luck. My trio was ready for a new summon but I waited thinking that I might need the space for a possible new release.

When I read that the chances got better (along with everything else) I couldn't try fast enough. And it failed. And it felt like when on your birthday you expect this one great thing, and you're sure you will get it, than you end up with something you don't care about, or didn't want.

So there is this big event, with three great new dragons, and me? I can't get even just one of them. I couldn't even summon so I could wait exitedly for it to hatch, grow up and than try for one of the new eggs. Instead I got nothing.

I would have been more than happy with a successful summon but no, not even that and the next time I can try will be when this event is gone and forgotten by everyone else.

Yes, it's a thing that's here to stay but when we get our GoNs (if we ever manage to get one) it will be old news. And while it's always nice to have a dragon I don't have yet it won't be the big deal it is now.

It's not exactly the same, but think about the monthly releses. When it's new, everyone wants them, they are great and exciting. But when you get a dragon that's common, and was once exciting for those that were there for their release, it's just a common egg for you to cross out of your list to get every dragon. You don's sit in front of the computer refresing in the last minutes before they hatch, or grow up just to see them moment they grow up, you catch/breed them, enter them to click sites and then just wait for them to finally hatch so you can have a free eggspace.

And yes, it's just a bunch of dots on a screen but it was an event everyone was waiting for and a lot of people ended up with no chance of participation and can't help feeling bad and left out.