TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

Exactly. I'd have been very happy if I had just one Guardian and could have bred it to any other dragon and gotten just one of the new eggs. I'd have been happy if I could have summoned a GoN and could look forward to breeding it when it grew up. Instead I'm shut out of the birthday celebrations entirely. I love the Dragon Cave and TJ and the rest of the crew are awesome. I'm not mad at anyone. I just think that no one realized how us Guardian-less people would feel left out, is all.

I totally get how the Guardian-less people feel. They ARE left out, at least for now, and possibly for some time to come. Yes, TJ did up the chances for a Guardian, and some people actually managed to get their first one and I'm glad they did. But some people still don't have one, might still wait a long time to get one and I understand their frustration. Usually, I'm not down with people pissing and moaning over every little thing, but in this case, for those with no Guardians at all, it's completely understandable from my point of view. People with one or two Guardians complaining that they didn't get a third...yeeeeah. No sympathy there.

My two Guardians failed me this round. Big deal. I get to try for new eggs again next week and know I'll have them soon enough. For people without a Guardian at all, those eggs probably feel like they're a hundred thousand miles away. Unless you have a dozen or so Golds to trade for someone else's that is... dry.gif

For all the people with no Guardians, you have my sympathy. All of it. I get it. I'd be royally pissed off to be left out of what should have been an event that all could enjoy and someone telling me that, Oh, shut up, a YEAR from now, when you summon your GoN, THEN you'll have all the eggs you want! Sure. Cold comfort, that. And it damn sure doesn't help them now, while everyone else gushes over their nice, new shiny eggs. I'd be pissed off, too, to be totally excluded. And the hell with the fact that some wonderful day, God knows how long from now, I might summon my GoN and be able to try for my own eggs. That wouldn't make me feel much better.

Edited by MedievalMystic

There is the encyclopaedia on the way.

There is already a gifting thread for those with no GoN. No CB golds required. And there WILL be more people gifting quite soon. When I have a full set of a pair of each colour, one of them will be me. Many members here have no truck with outrageous trading demands - members like that are how come I have any CB golds at all.

I don't have a GoN in spite of numerous tries but I don't mind a bit. I think it was a fabulous Birthday event. I don't feel 'left out' either, it's something to look forward to. I see this as a game of patience, and appreciate it all the more for that. I'm happy to try and breed a Trio for anyone who's missing any.

Edited by beetle

I don't have a GoN in spite of numerous tries but I don't mind a bit. I think it was a fabulous Birthday event. I don't feel 'left out' either, it's something to look forward to. I see this as a game of patience, and appreiciate it all the more for that.

I honestly can not wait for you to get your first one and share with us biggrin.gif It will be an exciting day! I love it when anyone shares their success in Congrats thread smile.gif

Thanks lilacamy931 smile.gif I will certainly announce my new arrival when it happens biggrin.gif

The bottom line to me is that this was supposed to be, and should have been, imo, a big event, the site's birthday, and every single person here should have been able to participate in it and enjoy it from the get go. When I saw this event in the beginning, my first thought was...what about people that don't have Guardians? What about them? They're going to be sitting this one out. And to me, for an event as big as the site birthday, which, again, imo, EVERYONE should have been able to take part in, this sucked.

That being said, yeah, I'm thrilled with the event and the new eggs. But I'm not thrilled that not everyone got to have fun with it. Hopefully, this will be the first...and last...event of this kind.

People crying over not getting prize dragons at Xmas, pfffft. Whatever. But this? I get it, I feel them, because I know how I'd feel in their shoes.

I'm glad to hear that there are people here that are gifting away the new eggs for those that don't have Guardians. smile.gif

When mine can breed again, if I get two eggs, I'll gift one, too.

Edited by MedievalMystic

I don't have a GoN in spite of numerous tries but I don't mind a bit. I think it was a fabulous Birthday event. I don't feel 'left out' either, it's something to look forward to. I see this as a game of patience, and appreciate it all the more for that. I'm happy to try and breed a Trio for anyone who's missing any.

THIS is how I wish more people felt. wub.gif

For what it's worth, which I suspect is exactly zilch to everyone who doesn't already agree with me, heh: I think the best part of this update is the ability to use GoNs in lineage projects. I've often thought how marvelous they'd look in conjunction with a few other species, and now I'm looking forward to finding "avatar fails" in the AP, from which I can build a beautiful line of Guardian-spawn. biggrin.gif

I also really, REALLY love not scrambling for seven days of seven new eggs... rolleyes.gif

I get that too MedievalMystic, I can see why there is disappointment. But hopefully there will be tweaks (such as cooldown summon lesser time - thread in suggestions about it) and we will all get there in the end smile.gif

I sadly am now getting viewbombed probably for speaking my mind and having nice things, do you know the true sad thing? I have been trading a lot of my nice eggs to get avatars for some people with none. It won't change my actions for the people I have helped, but it does make me tired to the bone that some people are malicious with their disappointment and honestly don't actually know their consequences.

Still only 3 hours to go smile.gif

I see this as a game of patience,

And lets hope you have a whole lot of it. Some people have been trying to get a Guardian for years. Not weeks, not months, years. I don't think TJ upping the chances by 1% or whatever it was is going to make a huge difference in the long run so patience will certainly come in handy since there's no other option.

I sadly am now getting viewbombed probably for speaking my mind and having nice things, do you know the true sad thing? I have been trading a lot of my nice eggs to get avatars for some people with none. It won't change my actions for the people I have helped, but it does make me tired to the bone that some people are malicious with their disappointment and honestly don't actually know their consequences.

Really. For those petty, small minded, shriveled little souls that would do something so low down, I hope karma bites them in the ass and they NEVER get a Guardian. mad.gif I'm sorry, Lila. <3

Edited by MedievalMystic

Just says success rate bumped? (Has anyone heard in works or IRC any indication increase? - I don't haunt there but sometime peeps hear things?)

Edit: Aw thanks hon, removed and scroll hidden - time for lunch and hope to see these adults! tongue.gif

Edited by lilacamy931

Ooooh new sprites in 3 hours <3

Something to wait for.

Honi, that's a beautiful lineage. Congrats! smile.gif

For what it's worth, which I suspect is exactly zilch to everyone who doesn't already agree with me, heh: I think the best part of this update is the ability to use GoNs in lineage projects.  I've often thought how marvelous they'd look in conjunction with a few other species, and now I'm looking forward to finding "avatar fails" in the AP, from which I can build a beautiful line of Guardian-spawn.  biggrin.gif

I also really, REALLY love not scrambling for seven days of seven new eggs...  rolleyes.gif

Same. Well, not the breeding part, but the no huge release. I was hoping that if there was a release, it would be a hybrid so there wouldn't be the mad scramble since we already had that this month. I actually thought that we would have had something like one of the holiday events, like maybe collecting little party favors or pixelated presents that end up on attached to a little birthday badge. That would have been something that everyone could have enjoyed and go back to as a memory of the site's birthday.

While I'm not GON friendly, I really liked the idea of them breeding hybrids when I first saw it suggested, so I'm happy about the release, but I think that could have happened at a better time. My two cents.

Edited by Sir Barton

These are here to stay, i think there is no need to whine, you will get your easier now because the rate has been bumbed.

I love those new GoNs! I have one GoN and yet, i don't whine about it. Be happy for what you get. smile.gif

And i do not wish negative replies for this.

Thank you & sorry for my english.

I actually thought that we would have had something like one of the holiday events, like maybe collecting little party favors or pixelated presents that end up on attached to a little birthday badge. That would have been something that everyone could have enjoyed and go back to as a memory of the sites birthday.

Yes. After the announcement, I kept waiting...and waiting...and waiting...for the 'other half' of the event, something that the entire site could have participated in... I honestly thought there would be something...

I'm not dogging TJ. He does a lot for this site, he works hard, as does the staff, to bring us fun events and they're always greatly appreciated and this event is no exception. But I have to wonder what he was thinking here. Surely he had to know that some people didn't have Guardians and that an uproar would ensue. And who can blame people? Whatever people are saying about how 'patient' everyone should be, some users didn't get to participate in a huge event that they should have been able to do at least something in. To me, that's not a real good thing. Yeah, this should have come at another time, imo.

I love those new GoNs! I have one GoN and yet, i don't whine about it. Be happy for what you get. smile.gif

Yes. You have a GoN. Why should you 'whine' about it? You have no right to. As for your second comment, yes, tell all those people that don't have one to be happy with nothing. I'm sure they'll be thrilled with that advice considering it could be a long, long time before a summon actually works. dry.gif

And yes, people are gifting the new eggs and thank God for that. But it isn't the same as being able to get the eggs for yourself, with your own dragons, which people understandably want to do and I get their upset and frustration with the whole thing.

Edited by MedievalMystic

Surely he had to know that some people didn't have Guardians and that an uproar would ensue. And who can blame people? Whatever people are saying about how 'patient' everyone should be, some users didn't get to participate in a huge event that they should have been able to do at least something in. To me, that's not a real good thing. Yeah, this should have come at another time, imo.

TJ actually raised the idea in a suggestions thread.

I remember the suggestion received practically unanimous support because people thought GoNs were pretty useless and wanted to make lineages, I can't remember if the negatives were raised. I think at the time people perceived it as a long term goal, not a release thing.

Guess the Suggestions crowd is a rather unrepresentative sample in certain aspects.

I'm sorry for those who can do nothing for this DC birthday because they haven't a GoN and they weren't able to summon it on 21th May.

However please, think about you've a bigger chance to get it now that success rate has been bumped! Give the game a little more time and it will pay you back.

The Avatars are not an impossible achievement like CB Prize or old CB Holiday, it's just a question of patience and time, like everyone before you.

When I saw people sad because they don't have one or two of the Legendary Trio I've immediatly tryed to breed my ices, magmas and thuders to make at least someone happy.

Do you belive that I've got just 1 egg from 10 Ices and 0 eggs from 10 thunders and 0 eggs from 7 magmas?!?

That's crazy xd.png However I wasn't alone.

So much kind people offered their offsprings to gift group, and try to help those who haven't a Trio or a GoN. This game is about patiance and efforts and when you have to work hard there will be always a little frustation. If there wouldn't be you won't be SO happy when your GoN will finally be summoned!

So please, consider that. We are taking nothing away from you, this isn't a Raffle or a limited event, everybody will be able to deserve it by their efforts, and this it's sadly not always foregone on DC anymore.

Edited by Naruhina_94

This game is about patiance and efforts

Yes. But in my most humble opinion, people should NOT have to be 'patient' when it comes to huge site events like birthdays and holidays that the entire player base should be able to participate in and enjoy. The bottom line is that some users were left out of a huge event and didn't get to participate in it. Say what you will, that's just not right any way you want to slice it.

Maybe next time TJ shouldn't announce updates like this and leave the breeding an unlockable secret for the playerbase to find by itself wink.gif That way we're not drawing attention to it. Secrets :3

Do you belive that I've got just 1 egg from 10 Ices and 0 eggs from 10 thunders and 0 eggs from 7 magmas?!?

I think we might have overbred them yesterday either to dump, breed, keep, gift or trade.

Edited by DarkEternity

I love how everyone is saying people like myself are whining or complaining. Because I have a different opinion to you, I'm suddenly whining. Guess what? Whining doesn't work that way. Whining would be someone sitting in this thread, moaning about not having anything to do, TJ sucks for not having a better event, you guys are so lucky it's so UNFAIR!!1!

Rinse and repeat. That is whining.

What people here are saying is that this was not a good event for the birthday, because not everyone could participate. Sure, it's something that everyone can get eventually. But it's not like a release dragon, where theoretically everyone can get at least one on release day. It's even worse because this is a birthday event.

Hey, happy birthday! Here's an update. Now I'm not giving you your present until days/weeks/months/years later. Have fun watching everyone else play with their new shinies!

I like this release. It's a great idea for an otherwise useless dragon! I simply think that this was not the time for it. And it doesn't matter if the chances have gone up or not. There are still people without trios, there are still people (and this is my group) that had a summon fail despite the better chances. So now we have to wait two weeks minimum in order to do something for ourselves, to get eggs from our own dragons. The gifting is wonderful, don't get me wrong. But I'm not the only person who likes seeing babies from their own dragons, with names they chose, I'm sure.

No whining, just disappointment. That's all. On a site like this, feedback is important. We're giving our opinion on this event being for a birthday, and TJ knows now what reaction something like this would give. It's important to know how the playerbase reacts to things, even if it's only part of the playerbase. While you can't please everyone, there's a fair amount of people sad about being unable to do anything, and that's enough to make the feedback important to take in. How TJ reacts to it for future events is up to him.

Edited by Xili_Rem

Maybe next time TJ shouldn't announce updates like this and leave the breeding an unlockable secret for the playerbase to find by itself wink.gif That way we're not drawing attention to it.

I image waves of people asking if it would be a bug of the game xd.png

In My idea if you are playing to Dragon Cave ANY update of DC that sonner or later you will be able to use as everybody else is a good thing.

Don't say that it changes nothing for those who have none GoN. The game changed and they are a part of the game, too. They hadn't the gift, the avatars or the GoN right now, but they will have it after, and that's what it matters: that they will have it for sure.

I would agree with you MedievalMystic if the GoN was be able to breed ONLY on 21th May 2014.

In that case it would have been VERY unfair to those that have none, but this is not the case.

However I agree that a little event to keep busy those who haven't a GoN would have been greatly appreciated! Even GoNs multicluching like Holidays only for the first two-three days would be great.

PS: I'm NOT saying that you're whining. I just pointed out some aspects of the event that maybe you haven't notice. I quite agree with words of those who have none GoNs, but there is something more.

Edited by Naruhina_94

Well said, Xili_Rem.

In My idea if you are playing to Dragon Cave ANY update of DC that sonner or later you will be able to use as everybody else is a good thing.

Don't say that it changes nothing for those who have none GoN. The game changed and they are a part of the game, too. They hadn't the gift, the avatars or the GoN right now, but they will have it after, and that's what it matters: that they will have it for sure.

I would agree with you MedievalMystic if the GoN was be able to breed ONLY on 21th May 2014.

In that case it would have been VERY unfair to those that have none, but this is not the case.

However I agree that a little event to keep busy those who haven't a GoN would have been greatly appreciated! Even GoNs multicluching like Holidays only for the first two-three days would be great.

I'm not even going to touch that. I'll just say that you're missing the point and leave it at that.

Edited by MedievalMystic