TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

But a small good news is, TJ had reduce the summon time cool down to 2 weeks now.

Summon cooldown has always been 2 weeks...

Edited by Rhynn Collins

For those without GONs or an a long cooldown, I believe there is now an Avatar gifting thread available in the trading section.

I surprisingly managed to summon a GON after 4 years as well, right on DC's birthday this year. It was definitively frustrating, but I feel the pain of those without a single one. Those saying their 3rd will take awhile? You can't feel the pain of those who have yet to get a single one after 4 years =p

I'll be trying to breed one of these new avatars once mine becomes an adult. I doubt I'll get a successful summon in June despite my large amount of trio sets so I'm expecting a good month before I have these three xd.png

For those without GONs or an a long cooldown, I believe there is now an Avatar gifting thread available in the trading section.

It's only for people without GONs. So I am stuck since I have one. =/

It's only for people without GONs. So I am stuck since I have one. =/

We just have to keep trying xP

We just have to keep trying xP

Eh. Don't see the fun in this at all. Not sure this was a great call when it came to releasing these things. Sure. I have a GoN. I get to try for another summon in two weeks and a breeding in one. But what about the people who don't have them? Not everyone can get the new eggs in the gifting threads, and the traders don't want anything but swaps at the moment. I'm more worried about the people left out in this Birthday release.

I mean. Some people are literally getting set aside here.

Kinda sucks. At least, I'd think so.

Edited by Lyxii

...while I think it's funny others are complaining and getting upset that they didn't summon their third....

Exactly. I'd have been very happy if I had just one Guardian and could have bred it to any other dragon and gotten just one of the new eggs. I'd have been happy if I could have summoned a GoN and could look forward to breeding it when it grew up. Instead I'm shut out of the birthday celebrations entirely. I love the Dragon Cave and TJ and the rest of the crew are awesome. I'm not mad at anyone. I just think that no one realized how us Guardian-less people would feel left out, is all.

Eh. Don't see the fun in this at all. Not sure this was a great call when it came to releasing these things. Sure. I have a GoN. I get to try for another summon in two weeks and a breeding in one. But what about the people who don't have them? Not everyone can get the new eggs in the gifting threads, and the traders don't want anything but swaps at the moment. I'm more worried about the people left out in this Birthday release.

I mean. Some people are literally are getting set aside here.

Kinda sucks. At least, I'd think so.

I agree with you. I'm just trying to keep your hopes up, or at least cheer you up smile.gif

Let the luck fail begin! Just finally got an adult Magma Dragon, and first try of Summon failed. Let's see how long it takes me, if I get one within a year I'll be mightily surprised.

Still definitely of the opinion that this was not a good birthday event. Talk about leaving out a good chunk of the playerbase.

Still definitely of the opinion that this was not a good birthday event. Talk about leaving out a good chunk of the playerbase.

Exactly. This event has only left people out, and I am not even one of them. I just thought all events were supposed to include all players... *shrug* This is probably my least favorite release thus far because of the majority of players (some of which are my friends) being left out.

These are a permanent addition. I think we can all enjoy this event even if we don't currently have a hybrid. There's plenty of time to breed or trade for hybrids! There's no rush, really. =3

Personally I think it was a great birthday event. It wasn't meant to be a normal release. We got a normal release earlier in the month.

This was meant to be something special, and it was. Granted, many don't have even a single GoN yet, but it's an amazingly big update.

Not only that, but we also recently had some other feature updates.

While there could have been some other dragon release/feature update that could have come out right on the birthday, I think this was a fantastic birthday event.

These are a permanent addition. I think we can all enjoy this event even if we don't currently have a hybrid. There's plenty of time to breed or trade for hybrids! There's no rush, really. =3

Judging by the amount of unhappy people regarding this release. I don't think it helps by saying they can simply test their luck in the future (and for now they can sit out and do nothing). The whole "fun" part of an event is participating. Some simply can't. :(

I for one will not be enjoying the release sadly...but I guess that always varies from person to person.

Judging by the amount of unhappy people regarding this release. I don't think it helps by saying they can simply test their luck in the future (and for now they can sit out and do nothing). The whole "fun" part of an event is participating. Some simply can't. sad.gif

I for one will not be enjoying the release sadly...but I guess that always varies from person to person.

*shrugs* These are permanent. I will have plenty of chances later. I am participating in the event! I tried to summon again. I'm watching TJ's eggs grow, I'm listening to all the breed pairs people are figuring out, I'm happy for people who have bred their own - and I've seen so many people chip in and help breed trios to gift as well as promise to breed avatars for others. I've seen users supporting each other when they are sad at the result at something. By the time I can breed again, pairs will be pretty well figured out and I'll have a lot of examples to look at to figure out what I really like so I can choose to do that as well! I'd hate to not have a good time on a fun little celebration for a quick and easy online game. It's not like I'm actually missing out. Lots of people don't get new release dragons the day of the release. It doesn't make the dragons any less pretty or special or fun to get. Catching or breeding them for your first time is a great feeling even if you're after the release. Actually, I'm usually less stressed in those cases - it's more relaxing to work on getting the dragons after they're already released (except for rares or uncommons!). So yeah, it probably does depend on the person, but I don't really see why people shouldn't enjoy this release. If it is really this upsetting for people, I hope they explore the game in other ways and reconnect with why they find it fun. There's tons of things they can do on DC - describe dragons, review descriptions, work on other lineages, browse the AP, lurk in the cave, catch up on naming dragons, etc. - or even elsewhere if they're not having fun with this specific release. You're right the event should be fun, so if it isn't for you, try not to dwell. Do something you enjoy for yourself instead! =3

Honestly, I don't think it's so much the event as having it as a birthday one. The fact it can leave people out, and that it can take people years to summon a GoN (to the point even people here for ages don't have one yet) makes it feel like it's a fairly bad birthday event. Sure it's interesting, but...

Now if this had been released with even something as simple as the encyclopaedia thing TJ's been teasing us with, or a dragon alt, even something small like that, I think people would have been less disappointed, because then there'd be something they could do. I enjoy DC for collecting dragons, and I was looking forward to some fun event (my first event was Easter, and while it wasn't anything besides finding eggs that weren't dragon eggs, it was fun!). Yet I haven't been able to do anything but watch everyone planning. I'm happy for them, sure, but it's also deeply saddening that I can't do anything for this day.

Because many people don't even have a GoN. It's like a beautiful present. You know you will have it eventually. But you don't know when it will come ture. Maybe 2 weeks later, maybe 2 months later, maybe 2 years later. However, it will never be your 8th birthday present anyhow. Because your birthday has already gone, and nothing happen on that day, that special moment. That feeling is a little bit like watching 'other cool/rich guys' party, which you are not invited to.

Oh, thank you very much!

Now I can go hunting in the Cave. xd.png

That was my point as well. Although we can make our claims of why we're disappointed, people are going to still day we're whining, because they already have theirs. I may not have been on the forums long, but I've been collecting since around 2009 or so, and still now GoN. So, you can't stake claims that you've been collecting for so many years and that's why you deserve/got yours. :/

I'm just d i s s a p p o i n t e d. As are most others. Simple as that.

Judging by the amount of unhappy people regarding this release. I don't think it helps by saying they can simply test their luck in the future (and for now they can sit out and do nothing). The whole "fun" part of an event is participating. Some simply can't. sad.gif

My egg died. I could participate but now I technically can't. So? I get over it. I wait. I happily look forward to seeing those adults. Because that's one exciting addition to look forward to. So what if people don't have a GoN? It can be a future goal. A gift hard to be attained. Why should everything be easy?

Why are people so sensitive over pixelated dragons? Why not look forward to stuff? Why demand everything to be easily handed over to them right here and right now? Because they're whiny, that's why. The only reason they're missing the "fun" part is because they view it in a specific way.

I see this time and time again on DC. The whole point of DC is that some things are harder to obtain than others, and the game would be boring if that were not the case. Sock's post summed things up well on this.

You'll get one eventually, just keep trying every two weeks. And in the mean time, there's so much else to do on DC. It's not the end of the world.

I see this time and time again on DC. The whole point of DC is that some things are harder to obtain than others, and the game would be boring if that were not the case. Sock's post summed things up well on this.

You'll get one eventually, just keep trying every two weeks. And in the mean time, there's so much else to do on DC. It's not the end of the world.

This. Every time, this.

My egg died. I could participate but now I technically can't. So? I get over it. I wait. I happily look forward to seeing those adults. Because that's one exciting addition to look forward to. So what if people don't have a GoN? It can be a future goal. A gift hard to be attained. Why should everything be easy?

Why are people so sensitive over pixelated dragons? Why not look forward to stuff? Why demand everything to be easily handed over to them right here and right now? Because they're whiny, that's why. The only reason they're missing the "fun" part is because they view it in a specific way.

Why does Ash want to collect them all? I wanted to make that reference.

Has anyone thought about the possibility that this update has come in this way just because in one week we will be having a new release with all-new eggs?

PD: I subscribe Grox's words totally. The difficulty is part of the game.

Edited by Khram

I just know I'm going to be awake at 3 AM tomorrow morning in time to see the adults rolleyes.gif

I can't wait to see the adults biggrin.gif

Maybe just one little release in addition to the GoN event would have satisfied people who can't participate in this event.

I understand the fact that chance is a big part of this game (think of those who froze one of their GoN for example...) but we aren't here to make people feel sad.

4 hours to go ohmy.gifohmy.gif exciting!

EDIT after reading pages missed due to sleep: I am sorry some people feel left out, be mindful this is a pretty unique event not really tried before and so feedback is going to be key. It is best for everyone to speak up, but that does mean everyone wink.gif

On a different side note even if you had had 2 Gons, you may still be avatarless. I have seen some have fail eggs and refusals from the two they do have, so this is very much a game of chance, I know everyone feels differently about this.

Lastly, I saw comments of people getting annoyed at others for complaining could not summon their 3rd Guardian. I myself commented and only saw comments about people trying and either succeeding/not succeeding. It has been interesting to see how many successes have come out throughout this thread. Keep trying everyone!

Socks sums up well and hope everyone will get the eggs they are after eventually.

*Come on hatchlings to show your inner beauty!*

Edited by lilacamy931