TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

That's what we get for being brought up in a everybody-gets-a-trophy culture.

I really take issue with that statement, but I'm not going to start a flame war.

I don't think everyone on the site should get the WOW ULTRA MEGA RARE dragon at the same time, thus negating its rarity, but everyone should get something. It shouldn't be a bloody competition all the time.

Well, bred my female GON with a Magma and got the lava egg. Tried to breed my male GON with a Thunder and no dice, they refused each other straight up.

Summon was unsuccessful.

Good luck to everyone else and Happy Birthday DC. biggrin.gif

also noticing people dropping trio eggs in one of the threads. not going to pick any of them up (cuz of my weird scroll rule), but thank you for your generous contributions; i'm sure they are appreciated.

Well, I just bred all my trios and abandoned everything, hopefully someone who needed it got the one magma I was able to breed.

To anyone else out there who can only participate by staring at the pretty new eggs, I would like to declare a side event.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Happy Trio Hunting Day!

Race you to the cave~

every time i try to understand why people are disappointed; TJ is giving you something new, something he spent time on to give to us, the members.

i guess it's because i don't expect anything so my expectations aren't really dashed or i'm not filled with disappointment; i'm just glad there's something new added.

Because it's not really "giving you something new" if you have no means of getting it. A decent number of people have zero GoNs. How are they gonna breed these new eggs if they don't have the dragon needed? They failed to summon?

Not to mention if somebody has only one GoN or something and it refuses? Or just gives no egg?

Oh, look, I didn't get to participate at all in the celebrations because my GoN wasn't feeling up to makin' babies this week, looks like I gotta wait for a week to try again.

Last year was hard, too many dragons in too little time. But this year is worse, IMO, because there;s players who literally have zero chances to participate at all.

Edited by KageSora

The GoNs were released in March of 2010. That's just over four years ago. I was here for the release, and have been trying to get mine since then. That's four years of failed summons. Four years, no guardians, which means this 'event' is nothing but a massive let-down, while I get to sit back and watch people post their shiny bred eggs and how amazing it is that they got successful summons twice in a row.

Patience is one thing, but this is ridiculous. Honestly? I'd rather see something like the choose-your-own adventure, or just about anything that I'd actually be able to take part in instead of sitting on the sidelines.

I get that frustration totally, especially after trying for a Guardian for 4 years. I am sorry for the disappointment that you and other users feel, not to mention the added pressure of just trying to get the Guardian first, before you can even attempt to get the new eggs...

Edited by MedievalMystic

Bred a mysterious and traded it. Failed to summon aa third GoN. Can't wait to see what the new dragons look like!

Well, I just bred all my trios and abandoned everything, hopefully someone who needed it got the one magma I was able to breed.

That was kind of you and a good idea. smile.gif I think I'll do the same.

To anyone else out there who can only participate by staring at the pretty new eggs, I would like to declare a side event.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Happy Trio Hunting Day!

Race you to the cave~

^^That's an awesome idea. biggrin.gif

Anyways, thanks for the unexpected surprise! Super cool. Looking forward to seeing what kind of breeding combinations people try and the new hybrids. happy.gif

Happy DC Birthday! smile.gif

Gender on avatar. Anyone?

GON x gold = got it

GON x silver = got it

summon = fail sad.gif

Edited by Dismissed

I can however breed my Trios for those that need them. Into the AP they will go.

That was kind of you and a good idea. :) I think I'll do the same.

Yeah, i'm going to be mass-breeding my trios as well. Hopefully it evens the odds slightly. :/

Omigod these look so awesome!

Happy date of birth, DC!

This is where I would put my new dragons ...

... IF I HAD ANY!

Seriously, I don't even have a Guardian of Nature, and I sort of gave up a while ago because I couldn't find the thunder dragon. But now, my interest in them has been renewed, thanks TJ!

Edited by Mtntopview

I am kind of disappointed truthfully in the event. I was hoping for something a little bit more then this. But hey this opens the market for my two GoNs named God and Devil.

Happy 8th Birthday DC!!

I bred my GON to my Sunstone dragon & got a lovely shimmery blue egg!

Thank You TJ & Spriters!! smile.gifsmile.gif

Yeah, i'm going to be mass-breeding my trios as well. Hopefully it evens the odds slightly. :/

Good luck to you. Mine gave me nothing except a magma. On the other hand that's the first magma I've bred in almost two years so . . .

I am bleary from just waking up, so this is a breed event with the GONs ohmy.gif I take it with the trios themselves for the 3 different eggs?

Haww, Failed to summon a 2nd GoN =C Well, I should be grateful anyways; a there's a lot of people that's here for their first time during DC's birthday, and they don't have a GoN yet, so~... I feel bad for them, too ;n;

Welp, got myself a gorgeous, shiny blue eggie from a M Sunsong x F GoN ;u; So cute~<333

Nyaa!!!! biggrin.gif

i haven't tried to summon a GoN for months, but after i read the announcement i did...and ...tada! Welcome to my very first lovely Gon! biggrin.gif

Thank you TJ for increasing the chances for a successful summon!

I am bleary from just waking up, so this is a breed event with the GONs ohmy.gif I take it with the trios themselves for the 3 different eggs?

i don't think it's the trio specifically; i think it can be any compatible dragon. if there are combinations though, people are trying to figure that out now. again, tj said something about element affinity which he said he'd go over later.

Omgosh, this is soooo cool.

I only have one Guardian, but now I've got to figure out who to breed him with.