octopi

Pi does scribbles

can you maybe draw pygmies, idc what you wanna do with them pose wise or whatever. i just really like pygmies omg

Um sure! Kinda swamped with requests at the moment though, so it might be a while before I get to it ovo'' Pixel or scribble?

pixel i suppose and its ok if it takes a while, art cant be rushed and stuff you know?

Okay guys public announcement. MathCamp ends tomorrow, and that means I will be on a plane for most of that day and then sleeping for probably the entire day after that. And tonight is our camp sponsored all-nighter (seriously there are events planned for every hour and a mattress fort in the main lounge), so I won't really have time (or a laptop) to work on these requests with. This means: no progress will be made on requests starting now and ending maybe two three days later. The good news is that afterwards I'll be able to work on these with an actual tablet and possibly software better than MS Paint! The only difference that will make is that it might take me a slightly shorter amount of time to do them, but yay!

Also: I'm going to start rejecting vague requests, especially for pixels. Because when people say stuff like "draw me a human being who has hair", I have zero idea what to do with that and zero willingness to BS something up for you. Please provide reference images and/or at least a few sentences in description.

should i revise my pygmy request then? because if so, two pygmies flying like they're playing tag, like one is chasing the other. 0u0

Could you make a pixel version of my avatar? But in a standing position (with the wings down at his sides) tilted slightly towards the right? (Our right... not his right, his left).

Hope thats not too hard and its detailed enough...

Alright!

TE:

user posted image

I cannot get your emperor to look not stupid with that ponytail of his. I guess I can try again later but aaaaaaaaa

And SP:

user posted image

Okay now can we get back to asking me for silly things I think this proves I can't do serious

Thanks!

When you have time, could you also make a pixel emperor penguin and a black phoenix?

I feel bad requesting so much, so you can pick an egg for me to breed for you.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Ahhhhhh they're so cute! \^u^/ I love them! Can't wait to see Cenato!

Sshhhhhhshhshhsh no compliments I will melt

DH: dragon you or?? ovo I can just work off your avatar if that's the case

(been busy, hence not responding here...)

Either one you feel like doing smile.gif I give you creative permission.

Guess what I lied again

It's taking me a while to recover from stuff and get everything set up (I no longer remember where I keep anything in this house oh god). Pencil and paper are a universal constant of course but everyone's asking me for pixels, so. I'm still going to do everything at some point, but I can't promise a date. Say something if you'll need a PM nudge when I get yours done. Here's the list so far (poke me if I forgot yours):

Higher priority (first request):

DH - something. Welp.

Avoralei - pygmies playing tag

MP - phoenix

Serce2 - CPA avatar

Lower priority (has requested before):

TE - Cenato

Melomancer - Icarus

Silverphoenixx - like, a penguin, or a phoenix, or something.

And in the meantime have some preliminary attempts at a Vivillon magical girl (she's one of those Japanese pop idols basically her gimmick is that her skirt is a flashy pixel screen):

user posted image

It's okay, I'll wait as long as I have to to see the sprite. Your work is really good. Especially the pixel people. That dragon is pretty nice too!

KN:

Also: I'm going to start rejecting vague requests, especially for pixels. Because when people say stuff like "draw me a human being who has hair", I have zero idea what to do with that and zero willingness to BS something up for you. Please provide reference images and/or at least a few sentences in description.

Although I'm tempted to come up with something horrifically subversive just for you.

TUM: OH SORRY I. Totally forgot because that wasn't made in this thread .-. Yeah I guess this is kind of what happens when you have unlimited slots. I will. Totally fit you in there somewhere but I'm sort of doing these according to order of request/a weird kind-of-algorithm to figure out where the non-priority requests go/how much I feel like doing a certain thing at a certain point in time and I'm nnnnnot sure where yours'd go under any of those parameters. *brain overload*

I'm gonna dig out my humans base and work on Melomancer's next, expect it...by tomorrow or something idk

Also if you guys ask me for pencil sketches in between these they'll get done a lot faster because I doodle a lot anyway and it requires way less effort

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

NAH I got two weeks and prolly a bit more to go. What's it with you guys starting school in August, anyway? In't it the point that you get two months vacation?

Okay whatevs here have some of my own (really old) stuff:

user posted image

This is Cortsa Yurali. She wears huge thick goggles because she lives at the bottom of the ocean and is really light-sensitive. She enjoys eating raw fish and being really creepy. Also she is probably the best HS sprite I've ever managed to made so here's your sample for that.

user posted image

Octopus robot and nautilus robot. I don't know what this is tbh it's a thing that just happened

user posted image

Aaaaand a Fakemon I made with my friend (you know the one I've been continually mentioning)! Fairy/fighting, not sure if they have names yet, but basically they're based on the Berolina Pawn/Archbishop nonstandard chess pieces and kinda counterparts to Pawniard/Bisharp.

Aw, the fakemon is utterly awesome. It's kinda bulky, and friendly looking, and just seems warm and cuddly. :3

Aw thank you <3333 I'm planning on spriting them at some point! Here have some design notes too, you can never have too many of those. Never.

- Chess with nonstandard pieces is sometimes called "fairy chess". We found this out and basically ran with it.

- One of them is Beroyal (Berolina+royal). I'm not sure which. The other one's unnamed as of yet.

- Berolina princess cake designs are also incorporated into both of them (literally both words in its name are relevant to these guys huge shoutout to Darcy for somehow finding this). Sketches aren't coloured but their palette is basically dark green/cream with pink highlights too.

- Drawing muscles has never been my forte and I'm not a huge fan of the early "realistic" designs like Machamp and Hitmonchan. Eventually I settled for a Gurdurr sort of approach and just added chunks on top of existing mass, bulking out Princess's shoulders a bit more. They can also be the cute jam layers in princess cake, so bonus.

Pawn:

- Based on the Berolina Pawn, also known as the Sergeant.

- They're represented as upside-down pawns on chess diagrams; the little cape thing is an attempt at invoking that with the silhouette.

- Berolina pawns can move one space diagonally and capture by going straight (they're also called inverse pawns). We don't have exact stats for them, but Pawn would be fairly slow but a hard hitter; I'm iffy on signature moves but they might have a Fairy-type one, since there's literally only a single physical Fairy move so far (Play Rough).

Princess:

- Based on the knight+bishop compound, which is commonly referred to as the princess or archbishop. It's basically just a piece that can move either like a bishop or a knight; on evolution (lv50) it gains a speed boost (it's actually taller than its beefy fists now yay) and learns Bounce.

- Fun fact: the queen in standard chess is a rook+bishop compound, so a popular naming scheme names all compounds after female royalty. Rook+knight is the empress, and rook+bishop+knight is amazon. We considered princess-empress-queen as an evolution line too but decided to go with this for the Pawniard/Bisharp parallel and maximum cuteness.

- I've always been fascinated with how some Pokemon have distinctive features that change when they evolve but still remain visually identifiable, like Inkay and Malamar's fins, and I attempted some of that with this line. Princess's "hat" is a fused version of Pawn's eyelash things, and attempts to invoke the bishop piece's look. Pawn's flower bow tie and body were shifted down for the skirt.

...Wow okay sorry for how long that was. It'd probably be shorter than a lot of things for actual Pokemon though; Conkeldurr draws influence from construction workers, muscleman carnies, and ogres. Other people do this when they make things I swear

Also, sorry for the vague-ish request. I meant for it to be the CPA Duels character I use, if that makes it better? I thought it was fairly obvious, but again, I'm terrible with wording things and not being lazy. Now that I think about it, I should've just said it was the RP character. ^^;

Those sprites are wonderful! Could you do this cat in a sitting position facing the front/user? (My avatar right now is based on that picture.) And then can you do the same cat but in a standing pose looking to the left?

Sorry if it isn't descriptive enough, I'll add more information if you need. ^.^

Gotcha! Note to both of you: I am flooded with pixel requests right now, and incidentally those are the ones that require more mental effort from me. So it may be a while before I get to yours. Sorry! Ask if you need a PM nudge once yours is done. Maybe I should implement a slot system.

In between those though I'll happily do pencil sketches. Pencil sketches make me feel good about things.

That's fine, I don't care how long it takes. I just like seeing art from other people, and yours is really nice smile.gif

Hhhhhhh upd8

I can't keep up with pixelwork. Not that I ever could, but there it is. I'm in grade 12 now and I've got a LOT of stress to deal with. So, sorry about that, I guess. But surprisingly enough my life comes before doing pixels for people over the internet.

Doodling and designing actually help a lot with my stress though so: request magical girl(/boy/other) versions of Pokemon!! There are a few examples in the thread I think and here are a few I've done more recently: Lumineon and Staryu/Starmie duo (with a bunch of bonus Bill Ciphers because GRAVITY FALLS AAAAAAA). (Staryu and Starmie are feminine-presenting agender people) (don't call them girls ok thank)

I've already done a bunch but you can ask for my design notes on these ones too: Slurpuff, Malamar, Braixen, Chandelure, Mega Gardevoir, Mismagius, Vivillon, Breloom, Ninjask/Shedinja, Mega Altaria, Huntail, Gorebyss, aaaand a bunch of others I don't remember probably

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

Oh heck yes. Magical girl versions of anything are amazing.

Could you do a Cubone? E:

Edited by Ayesthine