Desanui

Signodextras

If they have a forum account, they can post here.

If you're talking about someone who doesn't have a forum account, could you be a little more specific? Do they want a Signodextra? Do they want to be a breeder? Who is this person?

No, I just meant that if someone posted here and wanted to join, what should I tell them? Tell them to wait until you come back, or just say they are accepted?

But I do wish I knew someone who wanted to join but sadly I don't.

Edited by heavenuniasus

Just have them go ahead and post.

Because wifi is so prolific, I'm not really gone, I'm just spotty-gone. i.e. I can't hang around and do long complex stuff, I have to do it in pieces. I'm here, just not fully here. But I'm here enough to say hi to new peoples. smile.gif

And don't worry, once we have the breeding going better, we can start gifting some and getting people interested.

If you haven't already, I went to Thetalis's page and clicked on his auto-abandoned egg. A member called mathcat picked it up, so maybe we could try contacting him/her on the forum, if you want to try and get it back, or at least see if mathcat would want to join the lineage?

Poll removed. o3o

Thetalis's mate: his sister (making all Signodextras inbred) or a Black-Capped Teimarr?

Sister! [ 4 ] [30.77%]

Teimarr! [ 8 ] [61.54%]

Total Votes: 12

Ack. It's been a weird week for me.

I did go ahead and send the pm. I'm not overly upset, just kicking myself for breeding when egg-locked.

Thetalis will be able to breed soon, though :3

This time I'm not egg-locked dry.gif

And then... heavenuniasus will have a Signodextra YAY

Hello, umm i'm a roughly new person here but I was looking at this thread and decided I might like to join. (maybe both as a breeder and a Signodextra? Not sure quite how this works yet but i have an idea of it.)

If you look at my signature you will get a link to my scroll and see just how picky I am. I breed pure, by breed, leading male on top with his mate below, then their kids. I stop breeding as soon as i get a male, dont breed any of his sisters, and continue the line through the males with CB females. I'm not any further than second gen atm, so its still a work in progress. That and finding cave-borns for the females and for new breeding lines will be a pain.

But i think i can do this, just got to find a cave-born thunder egg and I'll be happy. If my new pink genders female, it'll be even better.

Sooo... i would like an egg directly sired by Thetalis (that's second gen right?) and then I can get started.

Edit: Wait is there a limit as to how many Thunder Dragons someone can have on their page? I looked it up on the wiki but it said nothing about it.

Ohey! I actually got the Signodextra back, so heavenuniasus, I'm sending you the teleport via pm. Pick it up soon, she's about to mature.

keitsumah, Thetalis is a 2nd gen. All descendants of his will be 3rd gen at least. Thetalis himself isn't pure-bred. (Winter Magi father) The idea was he was descended from the Goddess of Magic and a mortal.

If you're going for a good lineage, I'd recommend even-gen. I might breed siblings of Thetalis, if I ever get my hands on a Thunder CB I can gender male. But that's something that would be WAAY down the line, if it happens at all.

If you're still interested in joining (I know, I'm really selling my case here, aren't I?) there are two levels. You could be a breeder, or you could just stick with having a Signodextra. The difference is whether or not you're willing to breed for requests.

EDIT: No, there's no limit on how many Thunder Dragons you can have.

Also, just to reiterate, a Signodextra is a dragon - any dragon who descends from Thetalis. A legitimate Signodextra is one whose Thetalis-descended ancestors all contain Signodextra in their names.

Also

For those of you who have already joined, you don't need to fill out the forms, but now I have fancy new forms for people to fill out.

I may ask, though, heavenuniasus, if you have any personal breeding rules.

Edited by Desanui

Personal Breeding Rules:

Just what you would normally see

No earthquaking, killing, or abandoning.

Can only neglected-experiment, freeze, and bite if it's a dragon that ISN'T your first one from me, as long as those things are allowed in this lineage.

My plan (to get a mate for Tharanu Signodextra) is, as follows (until the dragons refuse):

Breed White Egg to Daydream Egg, and hopefully get a male for Tharanu.

OR:

Breed Thunderstorm Spark to the child (will be bred in 2 hours when I am un-egg-locked) of Night Thunderstorm and Heaven's NightStorm, as long as it is female. The (hopefully Electric) male will then be bred to Tharanu.

Either way would take some time, although the second one would be longer, just because of the 2 hour waiting time first to breed the Nocturne egg, then roughly 6 days (3 egg, 3 hatchling) to wait for it to grow up. If it's not female, then 13 more days for a second attempt to grow up. (Not including any waiting time for the possibility of being egg-locked.) Even if it is female, then breeding to Thunderstorm Spark, and waiting 6 days for the egg to grow up. If that one's not a male, then 13 more days of waiting. And also 13 more days if it's (regardless of gender) a Nocturne. But if everything works out okay, then with fingers crossed I shall breed him to Tharanu--and hope they don't refuse.

Still, I like the idea of breeding a Electric to a Thunder, simply because they both are connected to lightning/electricity. So in roughly 12 days and 2 hours, if everything goes okay, I shall have an Electric mate for Tharanu. If I do get frustrated with the re-attempts, Tharanu gets either a White, Daydream, or Soulpeace mate. (White x Daydream can produce Soulpeaces sometimes, right? Or is that the wrong crossing?)

keitsumah, Thetalis is a 2nd gen. All descendants of his will be 3rd gen at least. Thetalis himself isn't pure-bred. (Winter Magi father) The idea was he was descended from the Goddess of Magic and a mortal.

If you're going for a good lineage, I'd recommend even-gen. I might breed siblings of Thetalis, if I ever get my hands on a Thunder CB I can gender male. But that's something that would be WAAY down the line, if it happens at all.

If you're still interested in joining (I know, I'm really selling my case here, aren't I?) there are two levels. You could be a breeder, or you could just stick with having a Signodextra. The difference is whether or not you're willing to breed for requests.

EDIT: No, there's no limit on how many Thunder Dragons you can have.

Also, just to reiterate, a Signodextra is a dragon - any dragon who descends from Thetalis. A legitimate Signodextra is one whose Thetalis-descended ancestors all contain Signodextra in their names.

\

Hmm... looked at his bloodline again and I can deal ( roleplayer but not on this site). I guess i'll be a breeder then, and I'll get to work breeding a mate. I'm going to try and soothe my pickiness by getting a female with similar color to Oeskathine, then breed her to a male with similar color to The Goddess of Magic. If I'm lucky, the hatchie will be the same breed as the male was, making it the same or near-color as Thetalis, I'll influence it to be female then send it to you.

Unless you have a specific mate for Thetalis already *facepalm* Okay that idea's out. But since the mother of Tharanu is a rare valentine i'm pretty much guaranteed a thunder. Then i can get breeding a mate for that one.

(if this does become collectible, I find it prudent to get an egg as close to the source as possible lol)

OKAY so when do i start? I'm egg-locked atm but i've got a white hatching soon so i can get an egg by tomorrow at the latest i think.

EDIT: Wait i just realized i can do that pattern for the egg's mate instead. HAPPY!

Edited by keitsumah

heavenuniasus: Sounds good!

And yes, Soulpeace comes from White and Daydream. My pairs keep refusing each other T-T

keitsumah: I'm glad you're happy, however, I have several other requests I'm trying to fill out. You'll be next after that.

Also, if you're going to be a breeder, do you have any personal breeding rules you would like other people to consider if they want to request an egg from you?

~~~

And as a general announcement, I'm not going to make anyone redo requests/registrations, but I have the forms now, so I expect all requests/registrations to be done by filling out said forms.

Edited by Desanui

Not many that I can think of at the moment, just that no eggs/hatchies can be killed, or used for neglected experiments, or bitten and that they need to follow the bloodline name. (that would be Signodextra here)

and this is just my personal preference, but I'd like it if the line was continued through the males. Female hatchies get the name, but aren't bred. Males, however, get the name, are bred and so on and so forth. It makes for a clean look in the bloodline, and makes sense as names are usually carried on by the males in a family.

And yes, Soulpeace comes from White and Daydream. My pairs keep refusing each other T-T

lol, i haven't had that happen yet but then i have only bred pure for now.

(random is random) oh gosh having a kitten in ur lap when she's in a playful mood tickles!!! bad idea!!! laugh.gif

I have pretty much no breeding restrictions. I have a preference of keeping the lineage even gen for as long as possible, but eventually when I can't find any more mates I make the lineage spiral. Otherwise, just about any pair is fair game, unless it is a part of one of my own personal lineages.

Can't wait for breeding to go into full swing. happy.gif

user posted image

Scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/Ayelldee

Gen Preferred: 2gen from CB Generations are counted from Thetalis by default. Signify if you're counting from the CB. OR

Even Gen? Yes 3gen from CB

Inbred: No

Special: Prefer a Common Mate

Is there anything else you want us to consider when breeding your Signodextra?

If I'm reading this right, Ayelldee, you're asking for a Signodextra from CB parents. That's impossible - Thetalis isn't CB.

It is possible for the Even Gen you're talking about, though, so the request is going up smile.gif

Edit: Unless you read it properly and you want a third-gen Signodextra specifically? As in, a grandchild of Thetalis?

Edited by Desanui

user posted image

My Scroll: Keitsumah

Primary Mating Pair: ______ and _______

Rules Involving the Original egg you receive:

-No biting, neglecting, earthquaking, abandoning, freezing or zombifying.

(Warning: I will be checking up on any hatchlings descended from my Signodextras.)

-It's name must include Signodextra somewhere -preferrably as the last name.

Rules Involving other eggs:

-You may do what you wish with those, but since these are selective-breed eggs and take time, I would appreciate it if you took care of each one and treated them similarly to the first.

-I invite anyone who has questions to PM me.

Edited by keitsumah

Made a spreadsheet of the current bloodline -here's the link for you to see.

Signodextra Bloodline Records

I kind of color-coded it so u can see who's mate is who's, in case the "x's" dont make sense.

Figured it might be easier to keep track of this, though to prevent anyone destroying it randomly u are only allowed to view. if you want to add your Signodextra, just PM me and I'll look at the bloodline, and if it's true then add it.

Edited by keitsumah

Something like that can get really complicated really fast. Someone might choose to breed a Signodextra to a 25+ Gen. You're certainly welcome to keep a record like that if you want, but the official record of Signodextras is the post titled "Known Signodextras" which links to each Signodextra's lineage - people can see the progress we make that way.

I'm glad you're showing so much enthusiasm for this project, I just don't want you to get burned out if someone decides to do that. smile.gif

Edited by Desanui

ehhh good point and with college starting soon i may not actually have the time to do these things lol

egg-locked again, but i should be un-egg locked as soon as one of them hatches (probably the swallowtail). Sorry i HAD to grab that CB day glory drake! biggrin.gif

You still have 2 weeks at least. helix9 and Takhesis are in front of you.

Once you reach 50 dragons, you'll have room for 5 eggs.

Edited by Desanui