GhostMouse

Unboxed Lineage View

I think this would look really nice with the updated, spacey new lineage views. If it could only be one or the other, though, I'm not sure which I'd prefer. ;;

Some lineages would look nice unboxed, but any lineage with a smaller sprite (like Mints) bred to a bigger dragon (like a Prize or GoN) is going to look horrific. Please no.

Some lineages would look nice unboxed, but any lineage with a smaller sprite (like Mints) bred to a bigger dragon (like a Prize or GoN) is going to look horrific. Please no.

I think if they were all adjusted to a smaller size then they really are (as they are currently, even without accounting for the boxes), it wouldn't be too bad. Gold sprites are much larger than mints but I don't think if you fleshed out the rest of the dragons in this lineage it'd look too mismatched: https://dragcave.net/lineage/v62ai

Lineages have additional problems (beyond what I posted a while back) when it comes to making things optional.

People very carefully curate their lineages to look a certain way. Changing the presentation for just yourself would mean that you might not be viewing a lineage as the owner intended it to look. Making it a setting that affects how others view your lineages means the viewer has no way of knowing what presentation they'll see from a given lineage, and viewing different parts of the same lineage could have different presentations. This makes for inconsistent (and likely confusing) viewing experience.

I think it would look nicer if it showed a smaller version of the full sprite.

and if people look at the lineage with their settings and don't like it they simply will throw it back into the AP or not offer on it, when it comes to photos we put in the trade section people normally provide a means to see the lineage via codes or just clicking the "view lineage" link next to the egg so they will see it normally if they need to.

I was just going to suggest this. Since the vertical boxes have been removed with the latest update, I'd love it if we did away with the mini-boxes entirely. The sprites are already shrunk, and then the box chops off some of their nicer features, like the spotting on the Aegis' back, or the frilly wings of the Nhiostrifes. (The Nhios are *so* pretty and I've always wanted to make some lineages with them, but the box basically bisects them, so they're not nearly as attractive in lineage view.)

I'd really like to see the full dragon in lineage view. I've preferred looking at lineages via Allure of Neglected Dragons' viewer more than my scroll for a very long time. With new change to lineage views with birthday anniversary it opens up space so the full sprite will not look crowded. Finish it and get rid of all the boxes. smile.gif

I'd love this. I abandoned a sunsong x skywing checker because of the boxed view we currently have - while I love how the full sprites look next to each other, I really didn't like the skywing lineage tile.