Nanashi

I NEED SOMETHING TO DOOO

Wine red gaze shifting to a figure the young girl had pointed out, the Gallade stepped forward and placed a gentle hand on his sister's shoulder. A loving glance down at the girl, and he slowly began forward. Both swords remained sheathed at his hips, as he had no need to fight the stranger. Once a few feet away, he stopped, and knelt. One hand curled into a fist and rested upon his heart, while the other was folded behind his back. The man dipped his head to the legendary in respect, and then rose back to his feet. Miraculously, his white pants remained stainless. You don't have to leave. He stated calmly. A man of few words, Espada was always one to get to the point. It is safe with us.

With practiced grace, the fox gijinka leaped from his upside-down position to land a few feet from Vestido. He flashed his sharp teeth in a grin, and knelt down beside her. A clawed hand ruffled the once-flawless sheet of satin that grew upon the girl's head to mess it up playfully. Yer gettin' big. Jus' ya wait, give it a few years and you'll be as tough as nails. he commented. She would be a powerful, yet graceful Ninetails in no time. Pokemon tended to mature fast, but the human side of them all made them age slowly. Their lifespans were nearly triple of that of a normal human's.

((I think she's cute~))

"My scales aren't very useful. They only cover a small part- See?" He rolled his left sleeve up, revealing orange scales. "I'm good at swimming, I guess... But the only moves I know are Splash and Flail. I also miss the target a lot. Becoming a Gyarados is a bit too large of a dream for me," he said. He was unsure how to react, truthfully; He had never been complemented. Or heard Magikarps being complemented.

Arrastar paused. "...Are you sure? I could easily bring a horrible storm," she said, not wanting to hurt them. She knew what happened when her emotions got too strong. It was never pretty.

Mariposa answered this time. "Of course," she said quietly. "Any hybrid is welcome," she said, meeting Arrastar's eyes. Arra looked away; There was something in the young Kirlia's eyes that bothered her. Like she had matured too fast for her own good. "I'm Mariposa... That's my big brother, Espada. She's my best friend, Vestido, and he's Cyrus. And she's Sydney," Mari said, gesturing to each as she said their names. "...I'm... Arrastar," she said quietly. Her voice was hoarse; She barely ever spoke.

Vestido didn't seem to notice Arra. Or care. She giggled as Cyrus messed up her hair. "If you haven't forgotten, Vulpixes need a fire stone to evolve. That applies to me, too," she said. It was true, though; It may not apply to others, but it did to her.

Sin smiled, the carp did not seem to know how to react to praise. Maybe others picked on him? She spoke out loud for the first time. "You miss the target? All you have to do is practice hitting something. And as for evolving.... There are two ways for a Magicarp to evolve, since battle is unlikely. The first, is out of rage and anger. The second is protecting someone they care about". Who knew those trainer manuals would come in handy? Suddenly, Sin stiffened I since a legend nearby She warned. Purple energy crackled around her as she readied her shield. The only legends she had encountered where real pokemon in captivity, and they had always been cruel and used in her training. "I am in no shape for a fight, but I will not back down, I have found a friend, another will not be taken from me" she thought.

((Drama anyone?))

Casimir looked intently forward under the visor of his helmet, his target clearly in sight. It had been months in the making, but he had finally recreated his weapon, a scythe simply called 'Kokutan' or 'Ebony'. Usually grass and boulders were his only company, but today it seemed would be a special occasion. There was a mareep on top of the same hill as his camp. Normally, the sheep pokemon wouldn't wander far from their herd, but this one had and it didn't seem afraid of him at all. Most likely, it was used to being fed by humans, and strangers even.

Of course, Casimir had never come down the mountain so he was only vaguely aware at best that humans existed. This pokemon could be wild or it could have just as well been a part of a herd and some unfortunate rancher would be loosing a head. He waited for the mareep to pass by him on the foot trail worn through the grass and when it was just close enough... SHING The blade fell with a quick and efficient cut. This new blade was far sharper than his last. He was sure the pokemon didn't feel a thing.

He decided that the scythe would be called Lemtis, the kiss of death. A blade so sharp that it would end an opponent quickly. Truly, the most noble of weapons.

Suave smiled back. "Well, I don't normally get angry... The second..." He paused. No one came to mind. Her voice was lovely, though; He hadn't heard someone else speak for a while. Well, without saying 'karp.' Then the energy gathered around Sin and he jumped at least three feet in the air. He didn't sense anything. But that was to be expected.

Easy friend, it is this way, stay behind me She said as she slowly walked towards the clearing. She stopped, surprised. They where other hybrids! She did not release her power, as the legend was Right there, she would not be caught off guard!

((short post, want to see reactions))

Suave followed. As soon as he saw the others, he almost laughed. He kept quiet, though. Mariposa sensed them easily; She was the emotion Pokemon, even if only slightly. "...Suave? And...?" she asked.

((Suave sometimes meets with them...))

Sin stopped, confused. Suave knew these...? And there are more hybrids. She felt the presence of other psychic types nearby. What in the....?

The Gallade mix turned his head as he sensed another psychic type. This one was much stronger than anything else he had sensed before. Instantly was he on guard. Strangers with that amount of power could very easily be dangerous. In a blur of motion, he was suddenly standing behind his sister, a hand on one of her small shoulders.

It was Sydney who spoke Espada's unspoken question. She stood and smiled at the Magikarp, and kept both sickles sheathed at either side of her hip. She and Suave were pretty decent friends, and they both lived near the lake in the forest. After all, they were both water types. Suave, who's your friend? And don't be a stranger, come join the rest of us! You and your friend are always welcome with the rest of us.

Saffron was well and truly lost. Today, she was visiting her grandfather, who owned a medicine shop. He had decided to let her tag along as she went to the mountain to pick herbs and berries. Early on in the hike, she started to lag behind, and ended up getting chased around by a flock of Starly. After a few good minutes of running away, she figured that it would be safe to try and retrace her steps and return to the trail. Now? She was pretty sure she had seen that rock before at least four times. Sighing, she walked on. She was bound to find her way around somehow.

In a stroke of luck, Saffron managed to spot a lone pine tree, overlooking a cliff. Eagerly, she clambered up, hoping to be able to spot someone to ask directions from- or better yet, actually find her grandpa. While she wasn't able to find him, she did see what appeared to be some farmer holding a scythe in a clearing below. It was a relatively high drop, but it was her only shot at getting out of here.

Here goes nothing! she thought as she took a running jump off a sturdy branch. Spreading the sturdy flaps attached to her clothing, Saffron tried to adjust her flight path to slow her fall. While she did manage to slow her decent, she did not manage to land properly, and ended up faceplanting into a patch of tall grass. Promptly standing up and dusting herself off, she suddenly realized that the man whom she had previously mistaken for a farmer was standing right there. He seemed to be wearing some sort of mask and white armor. Perhaps he was a nomad? Whatever the case was, she was determined to find her way.

"Um... Excuse me sir? I'm kind of lost. Could you perhaps show me the path down the mountain?" she asked, approaching the man.

Edited by greenglassesgal

"O-Oh, sorry, Sydney," Suave said. "This is Sin. I found her lying around... But she's better now!" he said after a moment. He didn't want to say too much, after all... She was a strange hybrid, and even he didn't know much about her. "Sin, this is... Sydney, the Kaputops, Cyrus, the Zoroark, Vestido, the Vulpix, Mariposa, the Kirlia, her older brother, Espada, the Gallade, and...?" Arrastar bowed slightly. "Arrastar. The Lugia," she said, her voice still hoarse.

Sin locked eyes with Arrastar, looked away and staggered as she defused her shield. Not a true legend, but a hybrid? Interesting! She had only ever encountered one, a mew, but it died with the rest of the test subjects. Then her emotions changed back to loneliness, but she quickly shielded her mind. "Hello all" she stated calmly, giving no clue about her mental anguish. She held out her hand, for the Lugia hybrid to shake.

((I really want to make another hybrid... I have a picture, too. Argh.))

Arrastar paused. Then she slowly raised one her arms and tried to pull her sleeve back. It revealed a wing. "Sorry. I don't shake hands," she said, moving the sleeve back down to cover her wing. She realized part of why she was so uncomfortable, and the plates on her back rose. She didn't like keeping them down unless it was needed, or she was flying/swimming. She wasn't even sure how it was possible to have wings; She had normal arms until her elbow, then wings, longer then they should have been. Oh, well; They let her fly.

She noticed Suave's expression. She tried to hide her amusement. He was in awe; Lugias were some of the best swimmers. After all, Lugia was the legendary Pokemon of the sea. Or was it storms...?

Suave shook his head, and resumed looking... Well, slightly naive. Then he saw a complete copy of him and jumped. "What..." he began, but then whoever it was vanished.

((I can't resist. I'm making another. But this shall be my last for now!))

(wait, so where is everyone? i need to know so i can make an intro)

((Everyone but Lace, Cobalt, Renaissance(Both haven't got an intro yet), Saffron, and Casimir are in the clearing. Lace is bouncing around~))

((And sparks, tjis is too much fun. Suave is such an adorable derp xd.png )) Sins eyes flashed purple briefly when the legend refused. It had no manners, and it wanted to be shy. Acting like one of those weak humans! "Not even worth fighting" she thought, then her eyes flashed again, as the Lugia raised her plates. The was it looked at Suave angered her for some reason, she let out a tiny, low growl, to quiet for most to notice.

((He also has no clue what mess he just got himself into~))

Suave, who had remained beside Sin, heard the growl faintly. He looked at her, slightly

confused. Arrastar sensed a wave of psychic energy from nearby and slightly moved her wings. She rose into the air quickly, hovering there as she tried to pinpoint the location of the energy. But it was gone. She landed, then looked over at Suave. She had seen the way Sin looked at her, and she was highly amused. She needed to calm down. "I see no point in staying much longer... Suave, if you want, I can teach you some swimming techniques you've probably never even heard of before," she said, turning away. Suave paused. Swimming did sound nice... And it might help him clear his mind. "Sure," he said, quickly following her. Arrastar moved quickly to a nearby river, Suave close behind.

((Let's see how Sin responds to this.))

((Such a cute derp, I want to HUG him so much <3))

Sin watched, as Suave followed the so called legend. Such a clueless carp. Ah well, if he wants to stay a Magicarp forever, he could. She had not said a word about it, but she could force an evolution. It was painful, but she could. She was in no state for a fight, and she really doubted the sea monster was a worthy opponent. As long as she was nice to Suave.. It seems I am not needed here She started to prepare her shield to fly further up the mountain, to find her own territory as her instincts raged at her to do.

((Looks like Sin doesn't like competition! HIGHLY territorial!!))

((I keep making noises... It sounds like this: Ninininini~ (Ni is pronounced nee)

Oh, now I have to stop her. Hmm...))

"What the- OW!" A blast of air shot Suave straight past Sin. He smashed into a tree in a different clearing. Two blurs, both shaped the same, shot up from the river, battling. They quickly vanished from sight. Suave didn't move. He was simply too tired. I'm sure no one would mind if I just took a nap... Right here, against... He never finished the thought.

((...Oops.))

((Hey, don't hurt the cute little derp!))

Sin moved faster than the eye could follow and knelt down next to her fallen friend. "Healing now, revenge later" she thought to herself, as she covered the carp with a purple aura. She gently probed, looking for damage.

Are you okay? Don't talk, I have temporarily entered your mind to read your answers, don't worry, I will not pry

((Sin USUALLY lets others have their privacy, but she can do the mind control thing))

((Excuse my sloppy mobile post))

Casimir could sense that someone was nearby as soon as Saffron appeared on the ridge. He turned, abandoning the mareep, which he was about to take back to the fire for skinning and eventually cooking. His scythe was raised in preparation to strike the young girl until he heard her voice and saw how civilian she looked. She didn't have any armor. On the contrary, she was under dressed even for the spring time. It was curious. Nobody ever came this far up the mountain. Well, save for once or twice but Casimir had stayed far away from those people. He stared intently at the girl, drinking in the absolute foreign nature of her. She was small with wide eyes, rosy cheeks, and two ears sticking up from her head.

He memorized her appearance. It wasn't very often that he got to see another person, the kind with smooth skin and hair only on their head; a small nose and five digits on both hands and feet. Like him. He could lead her down... There were some old buildings in the foothills that had a little dirt road near them. Casimir never had occasion to visit them, but... He looked at her curiously before giving a singular slow nod. He sheathed his scythe and picked the slain mareep up by the scruff of its neck, motioning for Saffron to follow.

There were things to be done that day, but he could spare time, especially since this was a rare occasion.

Edited by ArchiosLukos

((Aww, but hurting him's fun...

He has no clue what just happened.))

...Nothing big... Just hit with... Aeroblast... From a... Copy... Of Arrastar... he thought. Whoever did that... Was incredibly strong. And it wasn't a Ditto... Something stronger... Psychic... Legend, Suave continued. Thinking was hard. Why couldn't he just sleep? But he kept himself awake for some unknown reason. A strange voice(Sin can't hear it) entered his mind. Not yet, it said, then vanished.

Aeroblast, signature move of Lugia. Her eyes flashed angrily, she growled deeply. You probably have internal damage, let me heal you in return for.... Sin took the other Oran berries out of his pocket, and ate them all. She felt as good as new! She healed her fallen friend, and quickly powered up her shield. Stay safe Suave, I will take care of this Sin prepared to fly in the direction of the fighters. Finally a challenge!

((oh dear, she's got annoyed. Lets assume Oran berries are common so it feels less like I am steeling from the poor carp. ))

((He finds them easily, so even if they aren't, don't feel too bad.))

Two identical Arrastars fought. One of them was smiling, like this was all a game. The other was clearly trying to control her emotions. The more serious one suddenly hit the smiling one with Psychic. They laughed lightly, and a white glow surrounded them. A familiar form appeared... It was... Suave?! He somehow kept floating and used Splash... But nothing happened, of course. Arrastar paused, confused. "What are you trying to..." she began to say. Then the Suave copy used Flail, and missed. Then the white glow appeared again. A pink shield surrounded the glowing hybrid.

When the glow was gone, a small pink girl was there. She giggled. "Lace thinks that was fun! Lace thanks you, Lugia!" she said. Then she turned and flew off, her pink tail almost identical to Sin's.

Arrastar was amazed. How does she... Her eyes closed before she could finish her thought, since she was too weak. She crashed into the water below.

((Lugia can live underwater, and so can Arra. Just leave her there if you want...))

Its a Mew, get... It was too late, the pink hybrid already wiped the Lugia out. Figures, the sea monster really was weak. However, Sin was not going to stand by while others are hurt. "Suave, get Arrastar and GO, I will chase after her" Sin said, as she engaged her ability and gave chase to the smaller pink hybrid.

((Sin doesn't know that, she loves to battle but hates bullying and pointless suffering))