rendragyn

Species / breed on scroll

Given that once a dragon is grown up and the clicks/views aren't really relevant anymore, could we list the breed there instead? I personally am forever clicking on the images to tell what breed is which!

EDIT: A similar thread was closed because it's bad interface to use one column for two different purposes, in this case leaving stats on eggs but listing breed instead for adults.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Some people collect certain amounts of clicks / views on purpose, so removing that info would take away from them. Breeds honestly aren't that hard to remember if you play long enough. ^^

I often suggest that new players look at the stats for adults on my scroll and others to get a feel for how many views it takes to raise a dragon, so I would hate to lose easy access to that information.

I think most people who have played DC for any length of time know most of the dragon breeds without seeing them on the scroll page. I sometimes forget the full or proper name of some of them, but one click doesn't seem too much to get to that information in those cases.

I personally would *love* the ability to customize what columns show up on my scroll. There's another thread asking for being able to see a lineage link, which I would *love*. Yes, some people do specific things with their stats and want them shown, but how many? I would love to be able to choose what is shown, I'd love a lineage link and species name. And for me, and many other people, once a dragon is an adult there's no reason for stats anymore.

I wouldn't want to see the dragons breed listed, its just not something I need to see. Lineage link and a breed link would be useful for me though.

Also, there's an issue of stretching the page due to the different lengths of a species' name. For instance, contrast the length of "Two-headed Lindwurm" to "Ice". I personally don't really like to see uneven distribution of empty space across my scroll.

Also because I love numbers. They're bootiful.

But I can't deny the fact that Views/U. Views/Clicks become less than useful (not saying they're completely useless) after a dragon becomes an Adult.