Desanui

Dragons of Gaelwe

Sorry for my absence but I've been sick lately and not feeling very energetic.

Ranem and Racata did produce an egg so I can go forward at least a step.

Say hello to Kiarra, Irryn's older sister!

Ahh, that is an amazing lineage! Purty.

Is it ok if I reserve the assassin of the Black Coalition? I hope it's alright that it's a pink dragon I want to enter... Expect the unexpected ovo I'll post his/her form soon when I get the chance to write something decent in the 'Why' part. If you don't want a pink dragon as an assassin, it's fine with me xd.png

@WolfParadise: Nice, I've reserved the spot for you smile.gif

And I'm very loose when it comes to what the dragons are actually like. In Gaelwe, they might have a tendency towards their breed's natural inclination, but most dragons (at least, the characters here) don't necessarily fall along that line. After all, Gaelwe has been long-separated from the rest of the world. Not long enough for the dragons to be fundamentally different, but long enough that their personalities can be fundamentally different if given a good explanation.

So basically, yes, that sounds great!

Hey-hey! Sorry I've been gone so long! I come bearing new dragons.

user posted image

Name: Loviatar

Lineage

Position: Handmaiden of Death

Why: Loviatar is oddly kind and gentle for a vampire. She helps when she can and never kills unnecessarily...that is when she's in a good mood and likes you. When she is angered, she turns into Wrath itself, threatening horrible punishments and not afraid to follow through with them.

user posted image

Name: Kiarra Kuu VI

Lineage

Position: Firstborn of Strifelorn Wing

Why: Kiarra was always raised to ascend to the position of Archduchess. She was at first terrified of holding such power but under the careful tutelage of her mother, rose to what was expected of her. Many tell her that Kiarra is the very image of her mother but she does not want to be seen as her and desires to make her own image.

And now... biggrin.gif

The Jolly Sisters

Position: Unaffiliated dragons

Why: The Jolly Sisters is an odd bunch. Consisting of only female dragons whose loyalties do not lie with other Wings, one would think they are a group of thieves and thugs. At first sight they even might seem so, speaking and acting like it. It is quite the opposite; they only accept those who prove themselves to be honorable and just. When they hear that someone is terrorizing dragons in their immediate vincinity, they will neutralize the threat at once.

They accept all females that have been cast out or on the run from their enemies.

user posted image

Name: Matia and Polira

Lineage

Position: Leader of the Jolly Sisters

Why: Matia is the head that speaks to other dragons; the only time Polira speaks is to whisper into her twin's ear, which she does a lot. They usually do not interfere in the Sisters' private lives, unless they feel it compromises the group's safety. While Matia is friendly and outgoing, Polira is aloof and standoffish. They weren't actually exiled from their Wing, they just wanted to travel and see the world. Seeing so much injustice inspire them to found the Jolly Sisters.

user posted image

Name: Thuella

Lineage

Position: Member of the Jolly Sisters

Why: Thuella is shrewd and she knows it very well. New members of the Jolly Sisters often think that she has the leader under some kind of spell because someone so cunning cannot be honorable and just. But when they learn to know her, she proves herself to be selfless, albeit a little pragmatic. Thuella has confirmed that her former comrades in her Wing felt threatened by her sharp wit and drove her away.

user posted image

Name: Tena

Lineage

Why: Tena isn't actually a castout but she pretend to be one, saying that her temper is her bane. The real reason for her exile was her refusal to bend to her family's will. Although they were not a noble family, they aspired to be one and Tena was supposed to be their ticket to riches, charming her way up through the ranks. She couldn't bear their endless guidance and critisism, fled and wandered Gaelwe on her own for a while until she came across the Sisters. She was suspicios of them at first but warmed up to them soon and joined.

user posted image

Name: Aldra

Lineage

Why: Aldra is dainty and ladylike, seeming out of place in the Sisters; she does not fight and frowns at boorish behavior. However, every Sister loves Aldra for her kindness and manners and she loves them back, secretly being the one who is always reminding them to be good. She never speaks of her past and falls silent when someone asks.

user posted image

Name: Dumisani

Lineage

Why: Dumisani is the main muscle of the Sisters. She is experienced in combat and strategy. She guides the most attacks the Sisters launch, only rarely surrendering her lead to Matia and Polira. She is a quiet dragons but when she speaks, it becomes clear that it's simply a personality trait rather than a result of a past tragedy. Dumisani says that when she heard of the Sisters driving out bandits, she immediately left her boring life, feeling that she had to contribute to make a difference in the world.

Ooo, shiny! I'm putting them up.

I like the idea of the Jolly Sisters. I may add a couple of mine laugh.gif

Edited by Desanui

Now that we have quite a few dragons, I'm going back through and tweaking some of the ideas. For those of you who have dragons that I'm tweaking, please respond by June 23, or I will default to tweaking without you.

I'm going in the order the dragons are posted on the roster. I'm also adding new rules.

ONCE THE TWEAKS ARE DONE, I WILL BE SETTING UP A ROLEPLAY.

This roleplay will be the "lead-up" to where every dragon is now. Those dragons that are specifically old/have been in their position for decades can stay there, but for most dragons, it will be their rise to power and/or their formation of families.

During this roleplay, characters can be added even if you don't have the dragon yet, as long as you give me your plan to get them. The only limit is you can't be more than three generations away, or be waiting for CB rares. More to come when the roleplay is set up.

New Rules

4) If you want your dragon to be an Ardent, PM me. Your dragon may not have a special rank of any kind. Your dragon cannot be a rare or a holiday.

Misc. Changes

The Timeless Wing has had a revamp to explain my concept a little better. Please take a look at the new structure.

The Cliffscales Wing has changed. (It used to be the corrupt wing, if anyone remembers that)

The choicest territory was gained by this Wing. Known for their competitive natures,

these dragons only allow those whose skills are worth bragging about, and always

turn everything into a competition. Though this can often lead to them being jerks,

they have a good sense of humor, and usually love being asked for help.

I've also thrown in a bunch of descriptions for my dragons to give a better idea of what this whole kingdom place is about.

Dragon Tweaks

Irryn Kuu TWEAKED

user posted image

Lady Commander Irryn carries an aura of authority with her; she is a true war-

chief. Defended by her trusted companions, Calah and Chraellor, she leads the

Strifelorn forces against the Black Coalition. She believes in justice even when it is

not achievable.

Irryn is the Captain of the Guard in the Capital. My suggestion is that she leads the Capital forces, not the Strifelorn - Strifelorn is a wing, not an army.

Calah TWEAKED

user posted image

Calah is actually a low-born commoner. That did not stop her from becoming a

fearsome warrior. Resourceful and skilled with the ways of battle, she rose through

the ranks and became Irryn's loyal bodyguard. The fact that she is a Mint dragon

does not hinder her at all.

"Low-Born" isn't a thing in Gaelwe. Certainly, there is royalty and nobility, but the dragons of Gaelwe don't put much stock one way or the other, especially among military forces. If you could rewrite this description, that'd be awesome - and you don't have to mention the fact that she's a Mint dragon either.

Ellael TWEAKED

user posted image

Ellael is short-tempered and hardworking. She is very picky about with whom

she mingles. This makes her duties as Shaman Queen somewhat harder but she

doesn't really mind. As long as she lives up to her position, Ellael is happy.

A shaman of any kind should be very spiritual, not short-tempered, and "hardworking" is not the point. I know you made allowances for that, but if you're going to be the Shaman Queen, this needs to change. You can keep this if you agree to demote her to a shaman of one of the tribes instead.

Kohmelo (Wordweaver) TWEAKED BY OP

user posted image

As the firstborn son of the king and queen of his Lumina clan, he was expected to

be even more vain that other Luminas. But all the best kept Lumina beauty secrets

just bored him. When his noble parents disapproved of a mating he had only

arranged because he thought it would please them, it was the last straw for him. He

joined some travelling nomads and found out that his great talent for storytelling

can bring joy to other dragons (at home he had mostly been told to shut up). Most

of his stories are about getting along with others and living in peace.

All he needs is to pick one of the tribes. If none of the tribes are appealing, you will be considered a member of the Mother Tribe. You can change this at any time you decide to pick one of the other tribes.

Zarren (Nomad) TWEAKED

user posted image

Once a sentinel in the Skysworn Wing, Zarren got bored with each day of

patrolling, patrolling, and more patrolling... When the Timeless Wing happened to

be in town, he became curious about their nomadic ways. In the end, he joined

them, and is quite happier now, for the traveling lifestyle suits his adventuring spirit

nicely.

All he needs is to pick one of the tribes. If none of the tribes are appealing, you will be considered a member of the Mother Tribe. You can change this at any time you decide to pick one of the other tribes.

Thuella TWEAKED

user posted image

Thuella is shrewd and she knows it very well. New members of the Jolly Sisters

often think that she has the leader under some kind of spell because someone so

cunning cannot be honorable and just. But when they learn to know her, she roves

herself to be selfless, albeit a little pragmatic. Thuella has confirmed that her

former comrades in her Wing felt threatened by her sharp wit and drove her away.

This is borderline... which Wing were you thinking she was from?

Edited by Desanui

Okay. *cracks knuckles* Let's do some world-building. I love me some world-builing. And character development, of course. I love telling stories.

Irryn

Of course Irryn can lead the general forces of Gaelwe; I have no trouble with that. What I do have trouble with is her position - Captain of the Guard. It implies that her job is guarding the Royal family directly. I suggest that her position be changed to Lady Commander.

I may change her desciption, I'm not quite satisfied with it.

Also, it looks like Chaellor will not be making an appearance soon. *eye-twitch*

Calah

Calah grew up in a simple and a rather remote corner of Gaelwe. When the Black Coalition demolished her home and killed many of ther beloved ones, she had to learn to defend herself with next to nothing. Calah became a resourceful and fearsome warrioress, seeking revenge. She soon caught the eye of Lady Commander Irryn and was employed in her service. Although her grief and thirst for revenge has faded, she still hated the Black Coalition with fiery passion.

I did not want to include so much tragic backstories but alas...

Ellael

Ellael is a little more connected to the spirits than most shamans and not to the usual spirits either. They seem to be a little more...difficult. This has made Ellael short-tempered and intolerant of any competition.

No, that's not quite right...

As a hatchling, Ellael showed hardly any talent, making her to be shoved aside more than she liked. Ellael sent out to prove herself and connected not to the acceptable spirits but to those who seemed to mislike dragons. Fortunately, the spirits were more benevolent than expected but much more demanding.

Hnnnnnng...

Ellael's ways are quite untraditional; she communicates with different spirits that other shamans and that takes different temperament. She is short-tempered, not letting the spirits trail off and have their way with her.

*bangs head against wall* I JUST CANNOT DESCRIBE HER ADEQUATELY ASDGHFJGY I AM NOT DONE YET I NEED TO GET MY STUFF TOGETHER

I interpreted "spiritual" as "connected to the spirits"

The spirits are quite an interesting concept, I might even do something with that.

Thuella

*purses lips*

Hmmmm...

I'd say Cliffscales. They seems like a very physical bunch and Thuella prefers using her mind over her (rather weak) body.

It's very likely that I'm going to add more as my stuff settles/comes to me.

EDIT1:

1. *drools over Ardent concept* I wanna get my grubby paws all over it.

Can a dragon be listed and secretly an Ardent?

2. I've got the thirdborn of Strifelorn Wing. It's gonna be a boy. Hopefully.

EDIT2:

Is there a backstory behind the evilness of the Black Coalition? Or is it just in the nature of their leaders? Or is it going to be revealed as the story progresses?

Can you switch Irryn's and Kiarra's links? Because I'm switching their names on my scroll. It's a little funny when Irryn is before Kiarra on the progeny page.

Edited by LwyllasLaVey

Irryn

Links have been swapped.

I'm gonna go with "Commander," and "Lady" can be referring to her noble heritage. Or just something she decided on, or what people ended up calling her.

Ellael

More spiritual being a greater emphasis on her belief in the spirits of the world. What is in my mind is the image of a "clan mother" so to speak. The irritation/short-tempered-ness could come from being much more connected to spirits and therefore communicating with them more, and that any dragon trying to speak to her is considered an interruption. She doesn't necessarily have to be connected to different spirits than other shamans are.

Calah

Well, once we get the roleplay going, Calah is sure to get some screen time, and once you've played her a little, you might get inspiration for something nicer. smile.gif

Thuella

The Cliffscales are my fun/humorous lots-of-games Olympics competition Wing... and it's more like a "club" or a "league" - you aren't born into it.

The ones (I consider) most likely to cast a dragon out for being too smart are the Amazon Wing, the Strifelorn Wing, or one of the tribes in the Timeless Wing (maybe a smaller, more secluded tribe? I could whip up a tribe if the other wings don't sound appealing).

Ardents

The whole point is that they're listed, but secretly an Ardent. Just they can't be rare/holiday dragons, and they can't have a special position.

Black Coalition

It's not going to be black-and-white, but darn close for people who don't know why.

In other words, yes, as the story progresses.

You said that Cliffscales can be jerks sometimes; maybe exiling Thuella is an example of their poor behavior. They value strength and physical qualities a lot and Thuella beat their tests mostly with her wit and quick thinking, using her body much less that they would have preferred. They got angry with her and Thuella just added fuel to the fire and they had a huge blazing row. Does that sound good?

Having low tolerance for other dragons is one of Ellael's main personality traits. Maybe communicating with spirits so much has made her view most dragons as simpletons (she treats smarter dragons nicely of course). This could lead to her downfall but she is really, really good at what she does and this um...profits? the Wing greatly.

Edited by LwyllasLaVey

>.<

Cliffscales value good sportsmanship - the only way they would dislike Thuella is if she cheated, by sabotaging other competitors or the test itself. If she uses her wits to be a clever winner, even if she bends the spirit of the event a little, they would only applaud that.

Plus, she would have wanted to be a Cliffscale (Gaelwe equivalent of an athlete) from the beginning, and I don't know that Thuella would want to join just to turn around and sabotage everything.

Cliffscales are jerks because they like to brag, and tend to show disrespect to dragons who don't try very hard at anything. They value competition and passion.

And like I said, this Wing isn't made up of families, so it isn't like Thuella could be born into the Wing and get cast out. The offspring of Cliffscales are part of the Cliffscales' previous Wings. To be a Cliffscale is like aiming to be an Olympian.

I just don't think Thuella's background and the Cliffscales match up.

As far as Ellael goes, I think if you're going to push for her low tolerance towards other dragons being her main point, I'm going to ask that she not be the Shaman Queen. She can be a shaman, but the Shaman Queen isn't going to be someone that the Wing feels as though they're stuck with. She needs to have that "inner peace" thing going, and she can't have that if she snaps at every dragon and makes them all angry with her. She can be irritated if dragons disturb her, but her overarching quality should be peaceful and serene.

EDIT: I am glad that you keep challenging my decisions. It helps me reaffirm exactly what I want as far as my kingdom goes. I do want you to be happy too, though, that's the whole point of having other people in Gaelwe smile.gif

Edited by Desanui

Okay, I'm gonna respect what you say; this is your project, after all. smile.gif

Thuella is kind of selfish, she tends to think about only herself and disregard others' feelings and well-being. She may have had wrong ideas, became disillusioned, suffered the consequences and is now learning to be a better person.

I chose Cliffscales because other Wings suited even less.

Maybe she did something forbidden because she was curious what would happen? Maybe she caused a big accident which hurt a lot of dragons and then refused to accept it was her fault?

Okay, so Ellael can't be Shaman Queen, she can be a shaman in another Tribe. Besides, having only two or three Tribes seems a little lacking. tongue.gif

I propose a system of 4-6 Tribes with a certain naming theme??? (Wind, Rain, Cloud, Sun??) and they come together every x years to elect a new leading Tribe.

Timeless Wing looks like a big, widespread community. How many dragons does one Tribe consist of? 10? 50? 100?

Edited by LwyllasLaVey

user posted image

Name: Lady Pearl

Lineage: http://dragcave.net/lineage/VT6EG

Position: Black Coalition Assassin

Why: None know of how the pink got into the Black Coalition, some say she was one of the royal brood keepers, exiled after attempting to murder the first born of the king and queen, others say she was a war queen in the Amazon Wing who was dethroned and cast out in the wilderness. Which ever rumor is true, one thing is clear about Lady Pearl: She is absolutely mad. Her true name is unknown, she is called Lady Pearl because her scales have a pearly shine. Pearl adores her job, charming her victims into believing she is just an innocent, young pink dragon, until they find her jaws fastened tightly around their neck. She believes that killing is an art, and the reason she joined the Black Coalition as their assassin was to let her always get to feel the thrill of her victims slip away into the after life, a look of surprise clear on their faces. Lady Pearl will do nearly anything to get what she wants, there are a few who doubt her loyalty to the Black Coalition, but they never voice their thoughts, unless of course they want to get their face clawed off. Lady Pearl likes to strike at the most unsuspecting moment, so I wouldn't suggest being alone in the same place with this unpredictable dragon.

Edited by WolfParadise

Lwyllas, I just had a thought I hadn't thought of earlier, kinda wish I did because it sounds pretty cool to me. Anyway, I'll run it by you and see what you think.

Maybe there was an incident that put Thuella in a bad light - she might not necessarily have been the one to instigate the bad thing, but because of her choices/personality the bad thing was possible (kinda like how Spiderman let the guy go who later killed his uncle?).

Or maybe, if you've ever played Assassin's Creed and/or know about Altair, it could be something along those lines - Thuella having a lot of arrogance, thinking herself above certain rules, and getting the backlash of that. In Altair's case, he still felt he'd done nothing wrong, and it took him a while before he started to realize his mistake/arrogance.

I was naming the other tribes after the tribe leaders, which was why I'd only had two so far (one of them being mine). I was thinking the tribes would be smaller, ten, maybe fifteen per. Having them named after a certain theme sounds like it has potential, but I'd have to find a good theme. Hmmmm....

Or maybe there are tribes, and there are clans, the difference being size - tribes being small more like family units, named after the chief, while clans are larger, consisting of multiple families, and having the special naming convention.

WolfParadise, if you haven't checked out this post yet, please do smile.gif

That's a good background, but do you think you could make her description shorter, like the others?

Edited by Desanui

That sounds like a plan, Desanui! (I haven't played Assassin's Creed, though. I haven't played any video games in my life. dry.gif ) Thuella joined the Jolly Sisters because she wants to make up for the damage she did.

Having a constant name for a Tribe/Clan is better because every time the chief changes, the name changes too. It would avoid a lot of in-universe confusion.

Edited it, if it's still too long just tell me, and I'd like Zarren to stay with the Mother Tribe smile.gif

Can I add some lore? Sorry if it's too short ovo

The Temple of Runes

Tucked away in the heart of the jungle lies the Temple of Runes. The tall, mossy structure has been standing for as long as anyone can remember, no one knows who built it, or what it's purpose was. Etched all over the ancient stone are thousands of odd, unreadable rune-like writings, all seemingly different from one another. The temple carries a mystic aura, and no creature ever goes near it. There are tales of great treasure and riches hidden somewhere inside, guarded by traps and wild beasts. All who dare to brave the temple are never seen again.

The thirdborn of Strifelorn Wing did gender male. His name is Alden.

Also Jarod and Bimyra produced an egg, Chaellor's grandma!

Edited by LwyllasLaVey

Sweet!

@WolfParadise, I'm looking at maybe half the amount of words you have. And that'd be stretching it. If you look at the descriptions on the main roster, they aren't that long - I don't want them clashing with the images of the dragons themselves. You have a GREAT story for her, but it's too long.

As a guideline, the description box for dragons on the main site. I think it's restricted to 1000 characters. I don't mind if it's a little over that, but that's the general ball-park I'm aiming for.

The Temple of Runes does look good, I'll go ahead and add it. Do you have an idea of where the Temple is located? Like, which Wing is closest to it? Just as a reminder, Gaelwe is not the map you see on the main site. It's an island far from the main continent. It has all types of habitats, so yes, it has a jungle, but just in case you forgot wink.gif

And Lwyllas, the thing with the tribes is good, but I need to find a good theme... unless you have one. In the meantime, they'll be named after the chiefs.

I'm glad you liked the idea with Thuella. I think that means we've got all the dragons tweaked! Except for Kohmelo - I'll probably move him to Pure Dark Radiance's tribe unless his owner comes back and wants to put him somewhere else.

One last thing, so which tribe do you want Ellael in? You're welcome to make up a new one if you don't want her in Pure Dark Radiance's tribe.

Sorry I was gone so long, I just got a new job. Assembly. So the work is long and tiring. I want to keep up with this, though, so don't think I've just disappeared somewhere. smile.gif

Edited by Desanui

You're back! laugh.gif I was beginning to worry.

I would want Ellael moved into a brand new tribe. Right now, it's named Thunderlifter because I'm tired as censorkip.gif. So unless I can come up with a better name it's gonna be Thunderlifter. As for the name theme for the tribes, weather and sky/space themed seemes most suitable; I'm gonna stand by that.

Oh, in case you missed, Alden Kuu is the thirdborn of Strifelorn Wing.

And good luck with your new job!

Wow. I really need to get into shape, XDXDXD

OKAY. I just did some research on the differences between tribes and clans. Clans seem to be more about people in the same family, i.e. descended from the same ancestors, while tribes can include people who share a common background, but not necessarily ancestors.

So I'm going with tribes for the most part. But my Falconiform group will be a clan.

I suppose weather is a good default. I can't think of anything strikingly awesome myself, anyway. But I'm not keen on "Thunderlifter."

Maybe Dragons of the Thunder, or Thunder Dragon Tribe?

Alden Kuu. Right. I'll get that in.

Oh, sweet! That must feel awesome smile.gif

EDIT: Okay off-topic, but I just got this little fella: biIBL

And get this. I'm going to breed him with Devil's Repentance, and he's going to be Devil's Alibi.

The best part is I named Devil's Repentance long before I got around to getting the caveborn. Talk about awesome right there.

EDIT2: ...as long as it genders right.

Edited by Desanui

Figures that it wouldn't gender properly. I could've sworn I used a Pink...

Anywho, now that the dragons have all been sorted out, Lwyllas, do you have a new description for Ellael or can I just cut out the word "queen" from the description she has currently?

Ellael is short-tempered and hardworking. She is very picky about with whom

she mingles. This makes her duties as Shaman Queen somewhat harder but she

doesn't really mind. As long as she lives up to her position, Ellael is happy.

AND I will start working on the roleplay across the next week or so. My job has me working Saturdays too, so I get overtime pay, but it also means I don't have Saturdays the way I was hoping... Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to get the roleplay all set up for us to start.