Glyndlamir

Solst-Ice Lineage Project

I say as long as no lineage member is needing/wanting a swap or line then we should give freely. After all, the world needs more Ice dragons.

Turns out I gave Qor both of my bred eggs xd.png

Good news though! I still have one bred Solstice to breed third gens with.

I want to report a gift!

Gift's lineage code: x7kJj

Gifter: Vain.3805

Giftee: Qor

Also - no egg between my new bred Solstice and their even gen mate.

Edited by Vain.3805

I want to join!

Forum Name: Phioxse

Scroll Link: http://dragcave.net/user/phioxse

PM Link: PM

I want to register a new breeding pair!

Breeding Pair: http://dragcave.net/lineage/BSj03 X http://dragcave.net/lineage/O8H9j

Generation & Lineage Type: CB pair

I also made a badge.

user posted image

[url=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=161137][img=http://i59.tinypic.com/2py56ox.png][/url]

Thanks! smile.gif

Although I have been inactive, I would like to offer 3rd gen Solst-ice eggs. I can breed 3 checkers.

The requirements are:

1. They will not be used for inbreeding projects.

2. PM so we can discuss lineage - 2 Solstices were from the AP, and I have given out quite a few 2nd gen ice eggs. I want to be sure I breed something that won't cause inbreeding.

3. First come, first serve, as far as lineage picks, but of course I can try breeding siblings, too, if anyone wants a sibling from a set pair. Once I breed a pair, that will be the only mate for either.

4. I am happy to give these away without obligation, but only to thread members.

I believe my hubby can possibly breed 1 or 2, not sure, but I'll ask.

And, I will breed 2nd gen ice eggs throughout the year, as long as they are not used for inbred lineages. Yes, I know I have no control once the egg is on someone else's scroll, but if I see that happening, I guess I'll quit breeding at all. I just have this thing against inbreeding wink.gif

I guess I should register my CB's on this new thread too

I want to register new breeding pairs!

Breeding Pair: Delicate Icicles x Solstice Drift

CBs

Breeding Pair: Mountain Glaciers x Blue Rain Dear

CB

My second CB pair isn't on the main list.

I managed a great haul of Solstices over the holiday breeding but most are not from CBs registered to the project. Once I manage to find them proven mates I'll register them on here. Already had a refusal from Princess Frozen and my one potential grown up Ice mate, I'll try him next week with another lady hopefully they make babies.

I kind of hope they do not change the wings back this year, would be a pain if my Solstices ended up some with blush and others without. I do quite like the idea of the blush wings in the base only.

Also on the gift or not to gift (to non-members) surely everyone with a Solst-Ice egg is a member whether they wish to register or not, so I say gift.

I'm also looking for 2nd gen mates

I would like a Solst-Ice!

Forum Name: nxtashaxt

Scroll Link: http://dragcave.net/user/nxtashaxt

PM Link: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=Msg&CODE=01

Breed requested: Ice

Lineage and Generation requested: 2nd gen not from CB Bleu Solstice DW or Tiga's Sugary Christmas (as I already have offspring from those solstices)

Breeder (optional) :

Edited by nxtashaxt

I've been thinking more about the inbreeding... and usually I'm 100% against it... but it may become more difficult as we get further into our project due to the fact that CB Solstices are limited and we will eventually reach a generation where inbreeding CANNOT be avoided.

I've been thinking more about the inbreeding... and usually I'm 100% against it... but it may become more difficult as we get further into our project due to the fact that CB Solstices are limited and we will eventually reach a generation where inbreeding CANNOT be avoided.

I'm pretty sure you can get pretty high up there without inbreeding, unless there's something I don't know.

My understanding was that a lineage is not limited to only[/] registered Solst-Ice dragons, but any lineage with at least one registered Sost-Ice is a valid lineage.

Is that not so?

At any rate, I suppose I should have to withdraw again if it turns out that many want inbreeding, because I really hate it.

People don't even inbreed hollies, and they make some pretty 4th-5th gen checkers. And there are probably a tenth as many hollies as Solstices, or even less.

I'm not saying we can't get really far, but theoretically there will come a point where avoiding inbreeding will get very difficult.

Breeding Pair: Frozen Fairy Lights x Powdered Icing Sugar

Generation & Lineage Type: 2nd gen Ice x Solstice pair

Oh and their first egg is seeking a new home, also have 2nd gen Ice looking for a home too. Message me for transfer links.

Third gen has new home, traded eggs with tjenni for this egg

Second gen also rehomed smile.gif

Edited by nxtashaxt

~ Updates ~

@ Vain

I added your gift, thank you ^^

@ Phioxse

Welcome to the thread! You and your dragons were added to the member list. Thanks for the banner, it was added to the first page as well smile.gif

@ nxtashaxt

Sorry, looks like I overlooked that pair...thanks for pointing that out ^^''

Both pairs (CB and 2nd Gen) have been added and I updated the waiting list

____

As for inbreeding: as I don't like it that much either, I think we should ban it from the thread. Yes, it might get harder to avoid it as the lineage progresses, but since you can register Solst-Ices at any Gen, even if they have non-Solst-Ice parents, it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

If someone really wants to make an inbred lineage, we can discuss this again. But to allow inbreeding a nice lineage just because we're running out of dragons doesn't seem quite right.

Edited by Glyndlamir

Breeding Pair: Mahdame II x Flying Tundra II

Generation & Lineage Type: 2nd gen Ice x Solstice pair

are we supposed to register all Sol-Stices or just the set breeding pairs?

I have bred some 2nd gen ices to get 3rd gen dragons, but have not registered them, because that was around when I kind of backed off a bit from the thread. Although, their parents were all from registered dragons, I think.

I'd like to be active again, and if I need to register dragons, please let me know.

NOTE: this from the list: Wintry Effect II x Aquilo In Ice II - 2nd Gen pair - probably should say ice x ice

I do have a new egg from this pair to offer, if anyone wants it please pm.

Edited by daba555

I was gonna try for a 2nd gen swap but my CB pairs did not produce anything.

My 2nd gens did though!

3rd gen checker!

To update my breeder status...

Breeding Pair:Winter Marvel x Eisigen Hoffnung

Generation & Lineage Type: 2nd gen checker

Example Offspring: Marvelous Eis

Also - my CB pairs are as follows (typo in the OP)

I want to update an existing breeding pair!

Breeding Pair:Caribou Work x Caribou Games

Generation & Lineage Type: CB

Example Offspring: Caribou Mischief

Are we supposed to register all Sol-Stices or just the set breeding pairs?

Well, all breeding pairs need to be registered, so their offspring will be official Solst-Ices as well. Wether or not you register your other Solst-Ices is up to you, but they won't be really official unless you do.

I'll update the lists later ^^

I just bred my Ices and got a 3rd Gen (unfortunately my CB- and my 3rd Gen pairs were not being cooperative, so no eggs for those on the waiting list -.-)

See it here!

If anyone wants it, please PM me.

I'm a bit caught up right now with catching and breeding for my giftee at Secret Santa, so sadly I don't have room to take in those lovely eggs everyone keeps breeding sad.gif

And I just noticed what's wrong with the new Solstices ohmy.gif I think they look rather plain now...

I caught a CB Ice! I'd love to give back to the thread (since this is where I got my 2 CB Ice's in the first place) so if anyone has a CB Solstice but no CB Ice mate... SEND ME A PM.

Well, all breeding pairs need to be registered, so their offspring will be official Solst-Ices as well. Wether or not you register your other Solst-Ices is up to you, but they won't be really official unless you do.

I'll update the lists later ^^

And I just noticed what's wrong with the new Solstices ohmy.gif I think they look rather plain now...

OK, then, eventually I will probably do that.

And as for the wings - I like them both ways, I am very happy no matter what smile.gif Good for me! As people seem to be feeling very strongly about this, and I am quite content to be just happy no matter what. It doesn't happen often enough biggrin.gif

They should have changed on Saturday already, according to the most recent News thread and according to their egg laid time.

Wait what?  My 2nd Gen's wings are blush now?

Yes, they were updated so that we can get both with blush and without now, depending on the time they were bred. Just too bad we didn't know that before christmas ^^''

I like it though, it makes the lineages more interesting since there are now two different types of Solstices smile.gif

Mine have both stayed blue-winged btw ^^

___

Updated the list and edited typos -thanks for pointing them out ^^

@ Vain: It should probably be "Eisige Hoffnung", without the "n"

Edited by Glyndlamir

Anyone need a 3G checker? I finally got a checker..took me quite a while biggrin.gif

http://dragcave.net/teleport/55fb7b136e086...dee0ba7bc9c3d95

It's a two-way, so I know where it goes. Wish someone working on this would take this baby! Oh, and no official Solst-Ice pairs sad.gif

(wonders if I'm allowed to write this kind of post)

I offered a dummy...I still need a 2nd Gen Ice to breed my own checker, but eventually I will ^^

TOP, you can always register your dragons to become official Solst-Ices wink.gif

Updates will follow soon, RL is killing me right now -.-

Accepted your offer biggrin.gif

It's a bit sad that there's none of my dragons as CB for that lineage.. blink.gif maybe that's why I didn't register yet tongue.gif

And same here too, busy with RL. About two or three eggs ran out of time..sorry guys sad.gif

Breeding Pair: Chilled Elements x Solstice of Bliss

Generation & Lineage Type (for example 3rd Gen spiral): 2nd gen Ice x Solstice pair

2nd gen available from Delicate Icicles x Solstice Drift and 3rd gen from my new pair, offering here as I'm not sure how active/accurate the waiting list is

2nd gen

3rd gen

Edited by nxtashaxt

I'd like to request update to my PM stats, I am now active. Thank you.

(I hadn't got a eggie still from my pair. Gotta try again need time.)