angelicdragonpuppy

Altered Lineage Views

I would REALLY like the full dragon view, myself.

I would REALLY like the full dragon view, myself.

Yes, please. Full view would be the best to capture both the pose and colors. Personally, I construct my lineages on the basis of colors, for example this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/fKhoT was pretty when blue in hellfire sprite was clearly visible. Now it's kinda dull sad.gif

I would love to see the entire sprite, too, if that is possible without making it too small. AoND shows the complete sprite in the lineages, but it stretches the lineages so you get this instead of this.

Edited by purplehaze

Yes, please. Full view would be the best to capture both the pose and colors. Personally, I construct my lineages on the basis of colors, for example this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/fKhoT was pretty when blue in hellfire sprite was clearly visible. Now it's kinda dull sad.gif

It may be a glitch, but my computer didn't load any Hellfires, only the Pillows after several refreshes/reloads. Maybe TJ is working on the image right now?

It may be a glitch, but my computer didn't load any Hellfires, only the Pillows after several refreshes/reloads. Maybe TJ is working on the image right now?

Hmm... I can see them in opera.

purplehaze, I think that AoND lineages are stretched because they include codes and lineage links below the sprite not because the sprite is complete.

Edited by irercha

I'm seeing this too.

Seems like part of my security was blocking the image. blink.gif I hope it's okay to allow the image through. unsure.gif

I really want them changed back as well. That poor female Hellfire, her beautiful blue wings are chopped off. I'd rather see more of the dragon than a close-up, some lineages are based on the shape of a dragon and it's colors. This kind of just throws all our lineages off now...

-snip-

For example:

user posted image >user posted image

I think that looks so much better, and it makes no change to lineage size.

I see.... A lineage with a dragon I bred in it! WHEEE!!!

Ok, seriously? I love the full size sprite in the lineage. Just love it. And yea, it'll change some lineages and their feel, so it'd be best to try it and see what turns up. But it would definitely be better than what we have right now! Oh my the poor Heartseekers, and so many others....

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

I feel the same way. This is not as good as it used to be.

user posted imageuser posted image

It's terrible. Much of the beauty of dragons comes from their bodies.

I hope this changes soon. sad.gif

I first noticed with the female Golds and I agree. Some of these dragons' best features are cut off from the lineage view. I love looking at how lovely the lineages are, but cutting away the beauty can ruin a nice family tree that someone worked hard on.

I'm not terribly opposed to this change. I don't like it very much, but it's something I'll probably get used to after a while.

Though I'm a bit sad about my Gold x Trihorn line. I liked the way their body shapes were similar, with their matching tail loops, and now it's not as pretty anymore.

I'd rather instead of zooming in the rest of the sprites to make them all more consistent, that they all be zoomed out, so more of the body is visible.

I think it would actually look neat if the boxes were removed and the full body was visible, like AoND's, as ADP mentioned.

For example:

user posted image >>> user posted image

I think that looks so much better, and it makes no change to lineage size.

Oh my goodness, I love the full sprites!

I just started playing again after the last lineage fiasco, and overall I care much less about this change. Personally, I think some of the dragons look a little better, and some look a little worse. Most aren't a big deal to me (except the female Hellfire, ouch!), but everything else look inferior after seeing the full sprite in the lineage! xd.png

Seeing that the topic has moved from Help to Suggestions/Requests, I am putting my full support to the idea of releasing our dragons from the little boxes in the Lineage view. The more I see of the lineages unboxed, the more I like the idea. <3

I would like unboxed as an option, but I would still like the original tiled view as well. While some pairings look awesome that way, like that Trihorn x Gold checker, other breeds might look better normally; I love the look of Silver x Shadow Walker, but I imagine if they went unboxed the vertical versus horizontal pose difference wouldn't look as good.

Snow Angels don't have back feet or a tail anymore. xd.png Black females lost their tail and female flamingo's look really weird now too. blink.gif

While I understand the idea of zooming in on the faces more, I'm pretty sure most people make lineages on color, shape, and especially the interesting bits of the dragon. Very rarely is that interesting bit the head. It's why a lot of people get sad when they find out stuff like details on the wings, tail, etc are in fact cut off in lineage view.

Me, I kind of wish I could choose how to view certain dragons in lineage view. The head has to be seen, but a way to slide around a little window (the edges of the lineage box) and make it bigger or smaller and/or even zoom in/out would be kind of awesome.

Unfortunately, that sounds like a lot of work, both on TJ's side and the users' side (note that I'm not saying it's impossible to code, especially since I've seen features like that used before, I'm just saying it sounds like a lot of work). Would be neat, though.

I would like unboxed as an option, but I would still like the original tiled view as well. While some pairings look awesome that way, like that Trihorn x Gold checker, other breeds might look better normally; I love the look of Silver x Shadow Walker, but I imagine if they went unboxed the vertical versus horizontal pose difference wouldn't look as good.

I think if everything were sized and placed properly, it wouldn't look too bad.

Of course, it would take a lot of testing and fiddling with for everything to look right. And they would probably have to be downsized a bit (from my examples) to avoid stretching the line too much, but it just might be possible.

This example may not be as good because it took a bit of playing around, but you get the idea: Before >> After

And just to test it out a bit more for funsies, and to make sure they were interchangeable without having to change sizes every time so they look proper: SilverxTrihorn

Holy carp, they got changed back! It must've happened in the last four hours, because I was specifically looking at some of the new ones before dinner.

I'm still very much in favor of the unboxed idea, though. I think that'd really open up a lot of interesting lineage possibilities and it'd showcase the gorgeous sprites in all their glory.

I'm glad they're back to normal~

I wouldn't want unboxed sprites, though. It looks messy and would screw up lineages where the sprites were picked because they fill the lineage boxes similarly but are proportioned differently without them.

I'd still prefer the unboxed idea, but I'm really happy the tiles went back to normal!

I honestly preferred some of the new ones to some of the old ones. But I think the best option by far would be to have an unboxed lineage view.

Thanks so much for hearing us out, TJ! (and, on an unrelated note, for bringing back the haunted house event!)

I'm on vacation right now with limited laptop access; can someone make a new suggestion to add unboxed (and maybe EEF's personalized slide / zoom tiles) as a viewing option?

And thanks, Tikigurl, that looks much nicer than I expected! biggrin.gif

I guess I'm one of the few people who is fine with this as long as I can tell what the dragon species actually is.

Thanks so much for hearing us out, TJ! (and, on an unrelated note, for bringing back the haunted house event!)

I'm on vacation right now with limited laptop access; can someone make a new suggestion to add unboxed (and maybe EEF's personalized slide / zoom tiles) as a viewing option?

And thanks, Tikigurl, that looks much nicer than I expected! biggrin.gif

Done. Let me know if there's anything else I should include in the first post. http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=161184