angelicdragonpuppy

Altered Lineage Views

Hoping this is a side effect of the updates rather than a new feature... xd.png;;

Several dragons (Shimmerscales and Coppers were the ones I noticed) now appear more "zoomed in" in their lineage views before. The result is cropping off a fair bit of some dragons and making them not look half as nice as before. For example, we can now only see a cut in half Shimmerscale, rather than the beautiful full body spiral of before: http://dragcave.net/lineage/fsPjX

Can these errant images be corrected? I'll keep a list of affected ones below, please post if you see more:

- Shimmerscales (all)

- Coppers (all)

- Radiant Angel

- Heartseeker

- Balloon

- Black Tea (male)

- Gold (all)

- Alt Vine

- Moonstones (all)

- Silvers (all)

- Nebulas (all)

- Marrows (both)

- Yulebuck

- Hellfire (female)

- Winter (female)

- Gold Wyverns (all)

Examples of changes (thanks, Artiuslove!)

user posted imageuser posted image

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Nebulas, too. I noticed the Red Nebs were quite bad.

C4.

ETA: Add male Black Marrows, and Yulebucks (Yules aren't bad, really, its just their front hoof lopped off)

Edited by cyradis4

Lol, I haven't noticed until you mentioned it :'D I didn't pay attention to most of these. Some sprites look pretty good after the change, actually, like Shimmers, maaaybe Royal Blues too...

Except GWs, Heartseekers and Winter Magis. They look quite bad now.

I feel the same way. This is not as good as it used to be.

It's terrible. Much of the beauty of dragons comes from their bodies.

I hope this changes soon. sad.gif

Lol, I haven't noticed until you mentioned it :'D I didn't pay attention to most of these. Some sprites look pretty good after the change, actually, like Shimmers, maaaybe Royal Blues too...

Except GWs, Heartseekers and Winter Magis. They look quite bad now.

Ew no, Shimmers look terrible now. I want to see all of my noodle dragons, not just their face and butt ;___;

Ew no, Shimmers look terrible now. I want to see all of my noodle dragons, not just their face and butt ;___;

But butts are sexy

Oh and male Silvers have their tails cut off, was it also changed? I didn't pay much attention to Silvers generally.

Edited by Light Concorde

Silver males lost tails, and Silver females lost feet.

C4.

I'm not 100% sure, but it seems that blue nebulas adn sunsets look different, too.

Edit: purple nebula and lurker changed as well.

I hope it's just a glitch.

Edited by irercha

Schrödinger's cat is getting nervous.

Fortunately I'm not Schrödinger's cat, so I'm just slightly confused and waiting for information. smile.gif

(ETA: If it's not just a glitch, I'd join the "please restore originals" plea. While I like the new female gold lineage picture better than the old one, I'd rather have all the old pictures than all the new ones.)

Edited by Confused Cat

Purple nebulas lost their legs and tail. http://dragcave.net/lineage/KFqCy

Male pinks look funky on default background, looks like the background went into the lineage view and took over one wing. Think sweetlings lost their tail too? http://dragcave.net/lineage/avWhK

Golden wyverns are looking strange, is that a bottlebush in place of the male's tail? http://dragcave.net/lineage/VPasO

Think sweetlings lost their tail too?  http://dragcave.net/lineage/avWhK

Nope, Sweetlings have always been like that. I made a mock-up of a pairing last June, using a Sweetling lineage tile. They haven't changed. :3

Am I the only one that doesn't mind some of the new views?

I don't particularly mind them. I'm not in love with any of the changes, but they don't drive me insane.

Edited by Dimar

I really hope it's a glitch. I don't like the way the new images look like. sad.gif

Nope, you're not x3 The male Royal Blue already grew on me. More blue on the screen = more happy I am. I slowly start liking GWs too.

I think a few are okay, but so many are now worse off that I'd prefer "all originals" over "all new."

I think a few are okay, but so many are now worse off that I'd prefer "all originals" over "all new."

Agreed! I'm not at all a fan of cropping out more of the dragons' bodies. Lineages are meant to be seen... the more zoomed-in the thumbnails are, the more chopped-up everything looks and the less of the beautiful sprites we can enjoy. sad.gif

*squints*

Just me, or are the female winters seem kinda squished? Or... has it always been like that?

And the alt vines?

Edited by car340

*squints*

Just me, or are the female winters seem kinda squished? Or... has it always been like that?

And the alt vines?

Yah, they got shifted over. The nice dark blue of their wings used to be fully visible. D;

I believe TJ was experimenting with lineage tiles so that the focus would be more on the head of the dragon to try and avoid some of the embarrassing butt lineages we've had in the past and to help have dragons more centered in the tiles. I do not know if it is permanent. It might still be undecided at this point. =3

I believe TJ was experimenting with lineage tiles so that the focus would be more on the head of the dragon to try and avoid some of the embarrassing butt lineages we've had in the past and to help have dragons more centered in the tiles. I do not know if it is permanent. It might still be undecided at this point. =3

Gah, I really hope that's not the case... if it is, some advance warning would have been really nice; didn't the anger over the last big lineage shift show that people do not like having their lineages unexpectedly changed? They're what's kept me on the site, I don't like them suddenly looking different (and, in my opinion, uglier) after I've worked on them for years T___T

Thanks for the info, though, Sock (if you see TJ, could you point him towards this thread?)

Read thread and not sure if this was mentioned, but on top of being zoomed in some of them look even darker! ohmy.gif

Shimmer and Radiant Angel I am noticing it a bit on. unsure.gif

I actually do not mind some of these, but some I do mind. :s

Edited by Saynna

This will become a difficult topic if the change is not a glitch.

I can't even say what exactly makes me like or dislike a lineage picture, but I do like some and dislike others. And each person probably likes and dislikes other things.

So... can there be a solution other than a) reversing the change (making everybody just as happy or unhappy as they were before) or b ) keeping the change exactly as it is (probably also keeping the average happiness and unhappiness the same as before, just distributed differently)?

Is there a solution that actually increases the average happiness with lineage pictures?

(Schrödinger's cat is getting philosophical.)

Edited by Confused Cat

So... can there be a solution other than a) reversing the change (making everybody just as happy or unhappy as they were before) or b ) keeping the change exactly as it is (probably also keeping the average happiness and unhappiness the same as before, just distributed differently)?

Is there a solution that actually increases the average happiness with lineage pictures?

In the past I think it's been suggested (or at least I've thought about it and never suggested it, haha) that people should be able to customize how lineage views look for them personally, dragging and dropping the sprites around in the box until they're where they like them. Only the person in question would see them that way, and the default start view would be the generic centered one, I guess. Although, that might be too complicated...

Another cool idea (although it wouldn't really solve this issue) is to have an optional lineage view in which we can see the full sprite rather than just a clip, rather like AoND's lineage viewer.

If it does come down to all old or all new, though--the old ones have been around since, well, those breeds were introduced (at least in 95% of cases). Since years of work have been based around those views, I think it's only fair to stick with them (unless a new awesome please everyone solution is found).

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy