TJ09

2014-05-15 - Minor Feature Update

I'm part of the 50% who can see the biomes. xd.png This new feature shall come in handy. The name-claiming thing sounds interesting, too...

I like the biome info option. Anyone remember Turps being originally in the Alpine? :3

Nope, but I do remember the Nhiostrifes showing up in the wrong biome (Volcano?) at the very start -- and I caught one of mine there. But all of mine are showing their location as "Mountains", rather than one of them being different. Glitch? Or did location-reporting wind up being breed-based rather than the dragon-by-dragon that was mentioned earlier?

Aww! Ones caught before the change just say "Cave"! That's awesome. happy.gif

Edit: Also, the Tri-Horn Wyverns that I caught in the Desert say "Desert". So it is accurate of where you caught them originally.

Edited by Earth Gurl

Not part of the 50%, but i'm really excited to see this new feature. It'll be fun to see where some of my Multi-Biome eggs from the AP came from (Purrrrples!). :3

Also, glad to see the Encyclopedia was an actual thing. I know for a long time everyone was debating if it was real or not since it was released on April Fool's Day. XD

I can see the location! I'm part of 50% beta users. Yeah~~~~

It seems the "April Fool" will come true! Encyclopedia is coming! I knew I wasn't fooled! I expect this most! >.<

Not so sure about how the "stealing names" works. Waiting for more details! What if the inactive users come back to DC after years? They may feel disappointed when they find their dragons have lost their names....

Thank you TJ! You have made DC a really wonderful game! xd.png

Edited by SunSunSun

Part of 50%!!! And I saw nebulas changed in lineage, so neb's picture is cut off little..... sad.gif I wish this could change again just like before.

Oh and plz back my female hellfire. http://dragcave.net/lineage/WdNsR I cannot see her beautiful blue wing....It ruined some of my lineage.

Edited by Zenoid

That thing about stealing names Tj, i had a dream about that last night o.o

I found that Shimmers look different in lineage. They looks bigger than before. Is it my illusion? ohmy.gif

Edit:It seems some of thumbnail have changed. Copper looks different too!

Edited by SunSunSun

Many thanks for the update! laugh.gif

If specific feedback is desired I'd love to know what aspects would be useful to evaluate.

The biome-info is pretty straight-forward:

Show HTML/BBCode Links

Owner: Shroomlet

Since it only shows up for CBs, it's neatly placed and doesn't clutter the page any more, as that's where bred eggs have the mother's name/code.

I like it! happy.gif

One could maybe write "Origin" or "Stolen/Picked/Snatched from" instead of "Location", but that's a minor detail.

As for the encyclopedia: I am looking forward to that! biggrin.gif

And name stealing: I always get a bad conscience when taking anything from anyone without their consent, but I can see how that is much much better than dropping all names from someone's scroll who's currently not playing. So I really like the idea and look forward to learning more details.

I think the biome feature is a nice little addition. Can't wait to see the Encylopedia!

I get to see biome of origin. This is going to be amazingly helpful breeding Coppers.

(CB Prizes get the "Cave" location, if anyone was wondering)

Many thanks for the update! laugh.gif

If specific feedback is desired I'd love to know what aspects would be useful to evaluate.

The biome-info is pretty straight-forward:

Show HTML/BBCode Links

Owner: Shroomlet

Since it only shows up for CBs, it's neatly placed and doesn't clutter the page any more, as that's where bred eggs have the mother's name/code.

I like it! happy.gif

One could maybe write "Origin" or "Stolen/Picked/Snatched from" instead of "Location", but that's a minor detail.

As for the encyclopedia: I am looking forward to that! biggrin.gif

And name stealing: I always get a bad conscience when taking anything from anyone without their consent, but I can see how that is much much better than dropping all names from someone's scroll who's currently not playing. So I really like the idea and look forward to learning more details.

what I'm imagining is something like the warning message at the top of your scroll when a hatchie or egg is sick, like

"Someone is trying to steal your dragon's name! Stop them before it's too late!"

Or maybe an email? Or both? I love the idea. I just hope it's only sent to people who haven't logged into their accounts in a while (>6 months), can you imagine how annoying it would be to shoo people away every week? haha.

what I'm imagining is something like the warning message at the top of your scroll when a hatchie or egg is sick, like

"Someone is trying to steal your dragon's name! Stop them before it's too late!"

Or maybe an email? Or both? I love the idea. I just hope it's only sent to people who haven't logged into their accounts in a while (>6 months), can you imagine how annoying it would be to shoo people away every week? haha.

Oh yes, an open name-warfield regardless of last activity would be both horrible and hillarious at the same time.

It would be like the snowball fight but with dragon names instead.

Maybe we can level up our stealing and defending capabilities, too? xd.png

But an email notification for to-be-stolen-from-"absentees" would be nice indeed. Would serve as a reminder of the existence of community and their scroll then, too.

Fortunately I am in the 50% who can see the new feature:)

But I am wondering why it shows Mountains where it is Alpine in the map?

Not features that I am too likely to use, but it is nice to know that we are getting some things that users have asked for. Gives me hope for some of the others. wink.gif So, thanks TJ!

I may try more Copper lineages now that the results can be known with more certainty(although I have few CB Coppers and am not one of the 50% who can currently see the biomes). And maybe we will have other uses for that feature in the future?

I get to see biome of origin. This is going to be amazingly helpful breeding Coppers.

(CB Prizes get the "Cave" location, if anyone was wondering)

I was wondering, thank you! xd.png

*is not one of the 50%*

@shelybear - maybe because "Alpine" refers to a real-world place (the Alps) and it got changed to be more.... generic?

Aww! Ones caught before the change just say "Cave"! That's awesome. happy.gif

Edit: Also, the Tri-Horn Wyverns that I caught in the Desert say "Desert". So it is accurate of where you caught them originally.

GoN's also say "Cave" for location.

aww, these sound lovely! The encyclopedia and biome info will both be really helpful for newbies <3

I just noticed that I can also see the location on other peoples' dragons. So if anyone who doesn't have the feature yet needs to know the location of one of their dragons, feel free to ask me smile.gif