TJ09

2014-05-15 - Minor Feature Update

I just noticed I could see the habitat of my dragons so I came to see what's going on and YAY!!

New updates!! Thank you, TJ laugh.gif

This is so neat! Excited to see how the name-stealing feature will go, and glad that I'm part of the 50% with biomes! cool.gif

I love being able to see from which biome an egg was taken - that will really help with Copper breeding.

Thank you, TJ.

All of these sound like really fun additions to the cave. Looking forward to seeing the changes. biggrin.gif

Out of curiosity, what constitutes "inactivity"? Is it enough to simply log into the site, or does activity require breeding and/or catching eggs? I'm coming up to a point in my postgrad work that means any and all extraneous activities get shelved for a bit (and by a bit, I mean closer to several months). While I doubt I've got names anyone else would want to use, I don't want to run the risk of losing one just because I haven't bred or caught an egg for a few weeks.

It's all random sampling.

For the 50% view page biome rollout, at least.

Is there a rhyme or reason to who gets to test out the name-stealing? I'd definitely jump at the chance to try. o:

Edited by Baphomet

Thank you, TJ. They sound like interesting features. Is there a time frame for when those of us not in the test groups will be able to see them?

just noticed the biomes and came to check here: GREAT!

EDIT:

And I only see it when I'm logged out, not when I'm logged in... xd.png

Edited by lilysally

Interesting tweaks.

just noticed the biomes and came to check here: GREAT!

EDIT:

And I only see it when I'm logged out, not when I'm logged in... xd.png

Had to log out to see it too. And it's gone again when I log back in.

I can't wait for my dragons to have a Biome tag. Thank you TJ biggrin.gif

Finally names from inactive scrolls will be available thank you! I can stop my naming strike. T^T

When will this be happening though?

Awesome! But I've not seen the updates yet. Really curious about the name claim feature.

how do we know we can have a name if the other dragon still has it though? It will just be much as it is now - random lotto and hope it gets accepted.

The biome info is so helpful! No more test breeding when it comes to Copper colors. I seem to belong to the 50 % of users who can already see it (even when logged in X)) and I love it! ^__^

I'm also looking forward to the Encyclopedia. I have a feeling that this will add a lot of fun aaand I can live out my Pokémon syndrome here as well. biggrin.gif

I like the biome info option. Anyone remember Turps being originally in the Alpine? :3

*checks some CB dragon*

Nope, not me. But thank you TJ for adding these updates in!

*plots to steal some epic names when the name stealing comes out... especially from dead dragons*

I noticed this when I randomly saw a CB Gray from the AP say it was from the forest.

So yay, I'm in that 50%!

As for stealing names... *stalks certain dragon pages*

Whoo, the biome thingy is awesome happy.gif I noticed it on a copper before I came here, haha.

Also great to see the Encyclopedia is actually going to happen biggrin.gif

Very curious about the name stealing. Won't be using it myself but it sounds like a very useful feature smile.gif