TJ09

2014-05-15 - Minor Feature Update

There's been some updates to the site's code as of 3 am EST this morning. Most of the changes should be invisible (though you may notice some strange behavior (oops)--if you run into anything, just post it here or in the help forum). There are, however, a few notable things to talk about:

Dragon Biomes

I'm rolling out a feature that lets you see what biome an egg/dragon was grabbed from. It's currently available to 50% of users, and will appear for more people soon. <--Now rolled out to everyone.

Encyclopedia

Still coming Eventually™. More details forthcoming.

Name Claiming

You've probably noticed that names haven't been removed from inactive dragons for a while. That's because there's a nicer way to do things. Rather than just wiping all names from inactive users, I'll be testing a feature where you can "steal" the names of dragons belonging to inactive users (that dragon will become unnamed, and you get it instead). This is a bit experimental and will be available to a small set of users at first (for feedback).

Wheee! Great! biggrin.gif

Edit: Yay, first page! xd.png

Edited by soulchaser

I'm liking it, I sometimes forget where the eggs come from so this will help me out a lot.

Where can I sign up for testing? biggrin.gif

(as I don't seem to be part of any of those groups, sadly, *sniff*)

Edited by whitebaron

Thank you for these features! I am sure that with showing the Biome location in which the dragon was caught, it will provide breeders with added ease of use when creating lineages, especially with Copper dragon projects. I am looking forward to the Encyclopedia update as well. Awesome. biggrin.gif

Love the name stealing feature. Can't wait nOn

Edit:: Holy crap o.o First time on first page lol

Edited by Enalahs

Nice! Was waiting for the first one for a while now smile.gif (I am one of the 50% who can't see it yet tho... tongue.gif )

Where can I sign up for testing? biggrin.gif

(as I don't seem to be part of any of those groups, sadly, *sniff*)

It's all random sampling.

For the 50% view page biome rollout, at least.

I like the biomes showing. It's like in Pokemon where you can see what route you caught a Pokemon on so that you can go back and get some more of it. This will be great for fun, and for newer users who may not have been paying attention to where they grabbed an egg from.

I'm apart of the see biome users. It will be useful for Copper breeding. <3

Thanks for the update~

Edited by yuumei

I wanna steal names.

Cool! I'm in the 50% for the biome locations smile.gif

Too bad I don't have any dragons to name at the moment. The name stealing sounds great.

Yay!! laugh.gif Finally we can see where our dragons come from!

Thank you, TJ! biggrin.gif

Smooth catch, TJ. The first thing I did was look at some of my old dragons and they say "cave" instead of any of the biomes. Now we can see the effect of the cave change on the dragons we caught! And now a dragon with a "cave" location and a four letter code is doubly old-fashioned lol.

It'd be really fun to try to add up how many dragons you have from each biome. It would sort of be where you "camp out" or live the most in the dragon cave world. Hmm, I wonder where I would live if I have all these skywings...

I'm still hoping for the encyclopedia xd.png

This is really nice and usefull! thank you TJ!

user posted image

And about name claming, I fear that the most famous names will be never avaliable, but this is a good way to claiming them. ^^ Thanks for this, too.

I love the name stealing option! xd.png Can't wait to try it out!

The location feature is very neat as well.

Thank you, TJ!

Very nice addition to the cave. Thanks!

Would it also be possible to filter/sort our dragons by Location now? tongue.gif

Edited by arlymaye

Will users selected for the 'name stealing' test run be contacted in some way? Or have those users already been selected?

(Can't wait till the biomes appear on my dragons, by the way!)

Edited by slaerakuyume

Yay! But why is the eventually capitalised and trademarked? O.o