Sign in to follow this  
SapphireConstella

What are your favourite snacks?

What are your favourite/best snack ideas?

Mine have to be...

*Candied bacon- Bacon cooked in the microwave with a generous coating of brown sugar. The crispy-er the better!

*A good ol' bag of ketchup chips *droooool* 8D and some kind of pop.

*The classic, plate of assorted yummies!- Mostly some cut up meat, cheese, pickles, olives etc.

*Leftover desserts!

*Fruit with Nutella dip!

*Tomato soup (with added hot sauce for some extra nip!) and a grilled cheese samach! wub.gif

*Popcorn dipped in Nutella (I should just add Nutella to this list as it's own snack. Stuff makes EVERYTHING amazing!)

Hmmmm...anyone have some good ideas?

Edited by SapphireConstella

Oh my god... Literally everything you've mentioned sounds absolutely delicious... *drools*

I don't have an actual favorite, and I don't make any snacks by myself. Mostly brands of popular snacks, like chocolates, gummis, stuff like that.

I don't really snack very much. I just have a few small meals throughout the day. I don't get hungry but my doctor wants me to eat more so I have to eat a lot, haha.

I usually eat a little miso or egg drop soup, crackers with cream cheese or hummus, yogurt, vegetables, boring stuff hahaha.

My fav snacks;

-Fruit. Just on it's own. I usually go for clementines (oranges are extremely difficult to peel....so annoying!), pears, apples, and bananas

-Bananas and peanut butter with honey on a bagel/English muffin! Amazing.

-What I like to call a 'mini-pizza' - a toasted bagel with melted cheese, tomato sauce/pasta sauce, and olives...mmm

-Bacon. Always. Just by itself, it's awesome. Its more developed cousin, the BLT, is even better.

-Jalapeno chips! Spiiicy.

-chicken tortilla wrap - poppyseed salad dressing with chicken, cucumber, lettuce bits, olives, and tomatoes.

Never had candied bacon....but it sounds awesome.

My fav snacks;

-Fruit. Just on it's own. I usually go for clementines (oranges are extremely difficult to peel....so annoying!), pears, apples, and bananas

-Bananas and peanut butter with honey on a bagel/English muffin! Amazing.

-What I like to call a 'mini-pizza' - a toasted bagel with melted cheese, tomato sauce/pasta sauce, and olives...mmm

-Bacon. Always. Just by itself, it's awesome. Its more developed cousin, the BLT, is even better.

-Jalapeno chips! Spiiicy.

-chicken tortilla wrap - poppyseed salad dressing with chicken, cucumber, lettuce bits, olives, and tomatoes.

Never had candied bacon....but it sounds awesome.

Yus! Very nom inducing! I'll admit, part of me made this thread so I could get some good ideas! xd.png And you have many! Specially the mini-pizza! I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes olives on pizza.

Pretty much everything, but a tasty warm bowl of rice pudding will do the trick.

Brie and crackers.

Chocolate in pretty much any form provided it's dark and/or involves nuts.

GS Cookies (when they're in season, or frozen!)

Chips with homemade salsa.

Ice-cream.

Tapioca or rice pudding (both are awesome!).

Goldfish.

Oyster crackers.

Licorice (Panda's black).

Fruit strips.

That's all that comes to mind atm.... But I'm sure there are others. biggrin.gif

I could eat tortilla chips and salsa all day. The more the salsa is trying to kill me, the better.

Besides that, I like really unhealthy things like Cheez-Its, Goldfish, Wheat Thins, and Girl Scout cookies. I do like most kinds of cheese, nuts, and seeds though so I'll eat those a lot. Pineapples and watermelon are good during the summer (and the horses love watermelon too!).

Edited by Dimar

I like Goldfish and saltine crackers, but one of my favorite snacks is strawberries (or any berries, really) with cream and sugar. Mm, cream and sugar... Chips are also fine, but I don't have them very often. Chocolate is the best.

Ugh I'm in Canada and I have still yet to try girl scout cookies. Everyone is telling me how delicious they are and it's making me kind of sad.

I enjoy Tim Hortons' tea biscuits, they're like 50% butter and 100% delicious. I have crackers with cream cheese sometimes too (there's a place that sells really good cream cheese near my mom's workplace), but then I usually end up eating like an entire box of crackers and that's pretty bad for me. ._.

(Also yessss ketchup chips)

I like:

Popcorn, my favorite is with butter and Marmite. I melt the butter, stir in marmite and drizzle it over the popcorn. I also like Marmite on buttery toast with sharp cheddar cheese melted on.

user posted image

Ski Queen Gjetost Cheese in a thin slice on Rusk with some jam . . . my favorite is black raspberry.

user posted image

Nutella on a spoon with apple slices on the side.

Vanilla Ice Cream and Caramel sauce.

Apple Pie (I love fresh warm apple pie and it's so easy to make)

Bananas and yoghurt--with some brown sugar on top.

The ultimate snack-type comfort food for me, though, is poutine. Rich beef or chicken sauce on french fries and fresh curd. It's just soooooo yummy.

user posted image

Cereal . . . I love eating a bowl of Cheerios or frosted flakes with bananas and milk. I like Rice Krispies too.

Here are a few of my favourites. I don't usually eat snacks, but when I do it's probably one of these. xd.png

• Vegemite on toast (use sparingly, the flavour is rather strong).
  • Soft boiled egg served with toast fingers (toast cut into finger width slices).
  • Hosomaki rolls. They're thin sushi rolls with one ingredient, I like cucumber or teriyaki chicken hosomaki.
  • Diced watermelon with a few drops of rose water sprinkled over the top and a dollop of low-fat plain yoghurt. Healthy and tasty!
  • Cottage cheese spread onto cruskits (cruskits are a type of crispbread) with a slice of tomato or cucumber.
  • Homemade dagwood dogs (also known as corn dogs).

I need to start writing some of these down! I forgot to add a few of my own too...

Rice pudding with thawed strawberries on top! Frozen strawberries always make the best juice once thawed! But any fruit would be good with it.

Super kid ice cream! I have no idea if this exists elsewhere, but the ice cream company, Laura Secord, created this wonderful mix of, banana, strawberry, and blueberry (I think, the colours are red, yellow and blue, so it's only a guess.) that they call Super kid. If my childhood had to be represented in an ice cream, that would be it.

Home made apple pie, but it has to be made with the apples form our own trees. They're much more sour than store bought apples, but sour apples make the best pies.

Baked pumpkin seeds! A seasonal thing only, unfortunately. I carve a pumpkin every year just for the seeds. You wash them, lay them out in a pan, and coat them in butter. Then you add whatever seasoning you like. I prefer a TON of garlic powder. Soooooo good!

Salsa makes a good bet-time snack. It gives you weird dreams apparently, but I can do that without eating anything.

Chocolate. Seriously, nothing beats Belgian chocolate!

Chocolate. Seriously, nothing beats Belgian chocolate!

OMG, yes. It's just so good.

Fruit is a wonderful snack as well. And canned olives. biggrin.gif

Fruit is a wonderful snack as well. And canned olives. biggrin.gif

Oh geez. Those are so amazing.

Fruits and the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Edited by Pixel.G

Some bread and cheese, usually with some veggies (tomato, radish, olives).

Leftover pizza wub.gif

Grapes and cheese or Olives (rosemary and garlic marinade) and cheese

Watermelon, nectarines or peaches (in Summer)

Choc bars or biscuits

Some yummy soup

Some crisps or chips

Cashews!!! (roasted and salted)

Any nuts or seeds in general

Ice cream (especially Pear and cinnamon Carte d'or)

Yoghurt (usually peach or apricot)

A bowl of cereals with milk

Edited by Aamaranthine

Fruits, especially pears. I love them so much.

I also like lightly salted chips, corn chips, nuts, and snap peas.

Sign in to follow this