HomeForFlowers

Pokemon OOC

I wish users had sent reports to diffuse the situation earlier rather than me just now stumbling upon what happened early in the thread. But since it did take me so long, I would just like to post this public reminder (everything else has been taken care of via PM, so I'm not going to reiterate my disappointment with how things were handled), just so everyone knows:

Information and Rules sticky: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=92625

Kicks Should be Handled Privately[

It's a sad fact that kicks are inevitable in a RP, but since they tend to be touchy matters, all kicks should be discussed through PM. Publicly announcing a kick will result in a warn, as it is both rude and incites drama. Also, the fewer who know the RPer was kicked, the better. Avoid discussing it with other users unless it is absolutely necessary or they are the RPer being kicked. OPs are allowed to announce the fact a person has left the RP in the case of a kicking incident BUT they cannot say or hint at the circumstances behind it. Leave the reasons unenumerated or come up with a suitable excuse that is agreeable to the kickee.

In the future, please don't hesitate to send off a report or a PM to a moderator that a situation is getting heated and needs diffused. We would much rather step in and help things calm down than have to give out a handful of warns or deal with the full explosion of the situation.

May I reserve Zekrom?

*jeopardy song*

And Sock, we or at least me, apologize for what happened earlier in this thread.

Guy, I think I'm gonna leave. I've sorta lost interest in RPing. I may continue 1 or 2, but I don't really have time anymore. Sorry if this causes any inconvenience.

Whoever wants to take over my characters, go ahead. I'm sure some people are gonna be pretty happy to have mewtwo available. biggrin.gif Bye.

I've lost interest in this RP as well, sorry. I'll continue with Latios if MasterWeavile still wants to play Latias, but someone can take Azelf if they want. He's just somewhere between his lake and Stark Mountain now.

It would be nice if you'd keep Latios up, at least until we can get someone else to play him ^^

If anyone would like for the Zekrom and Kyogre to be accepted or for one of the characters up now up for grabs to be taken by them, now would be a good time to PM Shadow. I will say Raikou and Mewtwo, both being important characters at the moment, should be taken soon. I'd advised that someone who knows what those characters are doing should take one of them or possibly both. That way, things will get much easier.

If bagged popcorn existed in this RP, Groudon would be eating it while watching the fight. This is a cool fight.

I would offer to take Azelf but I don't want to control two in a trio without first letting someone else to have the chance. For the others, I'm thinking of PMing Shasow or not because it might be interesting to be part of the initial plot line. But, it's all thought.

Yeah, I'm keeping Latios. I don't think you've posted as Latias since my last Latios post (pg 13), though.

Since I haven't started with Regirock, anyone could take him. And as for Raikou and Mewtwo... Yeah, it would be good if they could be taken soon.

Whoa! Can I get a series recap please? I've been not able to get on and there's a wall of posts since I last posted

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

What characters do you have other than Victini? I know with Victini, I replied with this:

Jirachi nodded, staring intently at his friend as she closed her eyes. The sensation of teleporting was… strange. Jirachi's eyes widened as the background suddenly shifted and his entire body felt, true to the Victini's words, tingly. He looked around at the forest in confusion then down at his numbed hands. It felt like when his tiny feet fell asleep, except his whole body! But he didn't focus on that for long and instead beamed at their surroundings, his eyes wide. "Woah!" He yelled then looked back at Victini. "Are we here? Is this it?"

I head Yveltal, Ho-Oh, and Genesect

Ah, I know I said I would post and haven't. It'll happen, eventually...

Anywhales, Razzy, Heatran shouldn't still be going. Practically all of the attacks you've used are all powerful and massive damage dealers. They should be quickly sapping Heatran's strength

There's also the matter of Keldeo's massive type advantage and movepool, though that matters less since this seems to follow a more anime-esque style. But further, Pudding's Keldeo is perfectly outfit for defeating your Heatran. It's nimble and has things like Double Team to assist it in dodging. And since Heatran is using so many powerful moves that should weaken it a lot, it would wear down and Keldeo could easily clean it up

I get if you guys have some plan for Keldeo to lose, but as it stands and from the knowledge I have, Heatran should really have already lost

Which brings me to consider something else, how much do you even know about Heatran? Doctor mentioned something about you having it be as old as Palkia and the rest or something, which is pretty obviously untrue and totally unsupported. And it bugs me that you might just toss something like that out there

It feels to me like you're making Heatran pretty OP and as special as you can... And it bugs me

Sigh, IDK, maybe I'm overreacting with that last bit. But Heatran definitely should be wearing out. And, unless you and Pudding have a plan, there's absolutely no way it's winning this fight anymore...

Though I agree with you weavile, I would also like throw in factors including Groudon's Drought ability in play, which makes Heatran's fire moves stronger and Keldeos Water moves weaker. Also, Keldeo has used Close Combat multiple times, lowers her defense and special defense drastically. From my view, this is the third and final round of the fight since each round started with them eating berries to regain health. And has the round stands, Keldeo has a REALLY low defense, and Heatran is running out of time before she goes out from exhaustion. So I agree Heatran might be too much in some of these things, but I feel the fight can still go to anyone.

We're playing legendaries, if we are supposed to be playing them like wild bidoof, then I'll redo Heatran entirely.

Until then, Heatran keeps her status as 'legendary'.

And in Arceus and the Jewel of Life, Heatran is one of the first pokemon in the world. I've read it somewhere that Heatran was as old as the big three, but I cannot seem to find it.

Sorry if I come off as rude, don't take anything personally.

I don't think Razzy meant size, I think they meant age. I thought they were slightly younger (As old as Spear Pillar or something like that. Can't find it now.)

Psss, well I'm dumb. I'll just delete that then.

I've seen some people say Heatran was made a little after the creation trio inside of the core of the earth. Not at the same time, of course, but around it.

Though, I'm entirely sure that's true. None of the pokedex entries say that and all of the information about Heatran's age is in external sources.

Edited by Doctortear

And frankly... the movies and the games are on totally different levels of canon... so we need to pick one... We can have the legendary status remain so that not every pokemon with a type advantage wins, but we should decide which lore we are going off of.

Well if we're thinking about it that way, going off the games would make more sense since it is, in fact, the original source. I'm pretty sure going off the movies wouldn't be the brightest idea as they are based off the games.

That and if we go off the movies, it revolves around human interaction and Ash doing his thing. Also there is a timeline of pokemon history using all the sources in the games.

Well, some of the moves are based off movies. Like Double Team is different. With the amount Keldeo's used so far, she'd be practically unhittable in the games (without a move that automatically hits). But in the movies, she's easy to hit once you get rid of the clones. So which would we go off of?

I feel that we are generally going off the games and have aspects of the anime as well. Keldeo's Double Team, as pudding said, is a great example of something we're taking off of the anime rather than the game. Of course, if we were going to do a more realistic version in the games, then we would be doing pretty much what we are doing now. Double Team's description is, after all, exactly what Keldeo is doing.

Lore and history wise, the games is the best bet. The movies and anime don't really do anything besides what Ash and his friends do. That doesn't go on a global scale and describe what is going on in all of the regions at once. The games have an entire region being affected by a crisis and are the canon source.

Going with games is just easier and makes more sense. We can take aspects from the anime and movies, but there really isn't a reason to think we have to choose between then since only the games have the full history in them. There isn't much lore in the movies anyhow and it isn't the primary source.

Wild Bidoof? Really?

Well, you took that way too harshly

I think you're overpowering Heatran, and you really need to tone it down a lot. A wild Bidoof is far better than A Traunt-less Slaking

Also, I assumed we were doing show style battles and game lore

EDIT: In case we are going by the games...

Level 85 Keldeo on level 100 Heatran, Keldeo is Rash, Heatran is Brave. Sun is up, to account for Groudon. also note that, even at level 85, Keldeo is faster than a max Speed Heatran. Further, I attempted to give them fair EV spreads, Keldeo has 128 attack and special attack, with 252 speed. Heatran has 60 attack, 192 special attack, and 252 speed. Based upon their movesets and what I've seen of the fight

I also don't quite remember their full movesets, so this is just what they are off the top of my head, sorry if I got them wrong >_<

Heatran's attacks:

192 SpA Heatran Hyper Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Keldeo: 224-264 (81.1 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

192 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Keldeo in Sun: 168-198 (60.8 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

60+ Atk Heatran Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 59-70 (21.3 - 25.3%) -- 0.3% chance to 4HKO

Keldeo's attacks:

128+ SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 194-230 (60 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

128+ SpA Keldeo Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Heatran in Sun: 102-120 (31.5 - 37.1%) -- 70.7% chance to 3HKO

128 Atk Keldeo Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 162-192 (50.1 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And assuming Keldeo were to lead with a CC:

192 SpA Heatran Hyper Beam vs. -1 0 HP / 0- SpD Keldeo: 336-396 (121.7 - 143.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

192 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. -1 0 HP / 0- SpD Keldeo in Sun: 252-297 (91.3 - 107.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

So assuming Keldeo led with CC and Heatran with Hyper Beam, then Heatran would win. Or if Keldeo were to use Surf and CC together and not Secret Sword.

But as it is, Keldeo hits Hetran for %30-70 of it's health, tanks Magma Storm, and hits it for the remained next turn. Or if Heatran used Hyper Beam, then Keldeo can even kill it by just using Surf, since 3HKO

EDIT 2:

Well, Keldeo doesn't have Secret Sword tho, so I guess Heatran has a shot

Also:

192 SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Keldeo: 90-106 (32.6 - 38.4%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO

However, I highly doubt we're doing the games. If it's anime style, then Heatran could quite easily beat Keldeo... If it weren't spamming high damage moves at Double Team clones and wearing itself down. It could win if it were to clear out the clones and get a hit in, otherwise Keldeo still really should be winning

But really, I could care less who wins, I'm just upset you're not having heatran wear down at all, and acting like it's as powerful as Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina (All of whom have higher BSTs)

Heatran is really just a glorified Magcargo. It's fine if you want it to be strong, but it's hardly the strongest (though, yes, stronger than Keldeo if played well)

Edited by MasterWeavile898