ClassicOctavia

What do you think of hoarding?

^ I kind of have to agree with that last point. Unfortunately, it's their decision, their choice if they want to do that, and DC is all about freedom to play the way you want to, so I can't really complain that much.

Personally, I am a hoarder. I hoard Olives. I have a mini-hoard of Albinos because the sprites are epic. And I was hoarding Nhiostrifes and, for a little while, I had a hoard of Harvests going. But my main hoard is Olives because I love the sprites. CB, messy, I collect them all.

I don't have most of my hoarded dragons named, just because I've been falling behind on scroll maintenence. I really need to work on sorting and naming them all (and putting into spreadsheets because I like order, darn it! xd.png)

I also want to hoard metallics and prizes. I trade for them and I breed them myself, but I also raise a fair amount of common breeds, so I think that kind of balances it out. Plus, the fun of having lots of rares is breeding for those that don't have a lot. biggrin.gif

EDIT: I forgot to mention the mini-hoard of Vampires that is developing quite nicely on my scroll. tongue.gif

Edited by StormNSnowflake

It's not something I do personally, but I don't mind if other people do it. I really don't like the idea of taking a rare off of a gifting thread when you already have a bunch though.

Dragons are supposed to have hoards, so, why shouldn't we have dragon hoards of our own (in this case, hoarding dragons)? wink.gif

Edited by ytak

I hoard them.

I name them.

I love them.

I often end up with dozens of a breed I didn't intend to hoard because breeding went wrong (purple nebs, I am STARING at you guys... mad.gif ) because once it goes wrong I never have the heart to abandon them (though I do often offer them up.)

I also hoard books and CDs. So hit me xd.png

Heck, collecting IS hoarding. (Unless you are like the person I once heard of, who has a collection of cookie jars. Asked to show her collection, she displayed - one. She explained that she hadn't yet found another worthy of being collected xd.png )

Edited by fuzzbucket

Heck, collecting IS hoarding. (Unless you are like the person I once heard of, who has a collection of cookie jars. Asked to show her collection, she displayed - one. She explained that she hadn't yet found another worthy of being collected  xd.png )

I think that depends on how you define "collecting" and "hoarding" wink.gif Here are my thoughts about that:

Player who collects dragons (of one or more types):

- names them / sorts them / maybe even describes them,

- thinks that every one of them is special / unique in its own way,

- often has preferences such as "only CB's", "only PB's", "no inbreds" etc.,

- often uses these dragons for building lineages.

Player who hoards dragons (of one or more types):

- doesn't sort them,

- often doesn't care about their lineage,

- often doesn't use these dragons for building lineages and doesn't breed them in general,

- the most important - the number of dragons is the only thing he / she really cares about (the larger - the better).

Of course, the first variant isn't in any way better than the second one. Just different styles of game play, I think smile.gif

I hoard hollies and I don't apologize for it. It's my favorite and since the limits were lifted for old breeds I've had a ton of fun collecting hollies and hollykin.

I don't consider collecting dragons hording.

As for naming them. I name them, then my computer goes down and I loose all of my names and have to start over again. I'm trying to keep a spreadsheet so I can go back and use the same names, if they are still available.

I always forget the monthly drops, but never forget the holiday drops.

I also have problems naming dragons, so I Google, different name generators. I try to get names I can pronounce but that's real hard.