LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

I was able to get mine from a Gamestop not too far (after calling five other stores first that were out and one that never received any codes o.o).

I wish everyone else that has not gotten their's the best.

Unfortunately, yes these serial codes may be eBay hunt worthy-ish? You have to redeem the code by May 31, 2016 so that is a good amount of time to hold onto them and sell. I do not think they would go for too much though? I do not know though either.

i dont really get why it's being done over cards at all? i cant think of any good reason that it'd be better than just wifi

Yes, this is why I hate the serial codes. It's the worst.

The fact that TPC is ok with people not being able to get a highly desired event pokemon (for their 20th anniversary no less) because they didn't supply enough codes is ridiculous.

Even if they do have an agreement with Gamestop (or other country equivalent), seriously, local wi-fi. That's how it used to be done, and that's how it should be done if it's not through nintendo network.

Local wi-fi meant no one had to be limited to how many they could get, no one would run out.

It also prevented the jerks who get the cards and sell them on ebay (something that is happening and has happened with these codes. TPC is apparently OK with people making money off of the serial codes....)

I know I shouldn't rant because I've had good luck in getting the serial cards, but who knows how long that will last.

I agree with you. It's stupid to do it this way. Even though I lucked out and got my Mew, I wasn't able to get a card for my friend who is having trouble finding a way to get there. It's not too far away, but it's farther than your average walk. And to run out? that's just dumb. Why doesn't Nintendo send a fresh shipment every week? Why only limit to so few?

I completely agree that it should be done by local wifi. It just makes sense. That way, everyone can get one. They can get one for each title and they can't take the cards and sell them online for the highest price. That's just stupid and wrong.

I know Mew isn't supposed to be easy to get, but come on. This is reaching a new level if ridiculous. dry.gif

Did anyone see the 20 anniversary special stuff they have for pokemon in stores? I was at Walmart yesterday and saw these on the card shelf.

user posted image

I also saw and grabbed one of these.

user posted image

There's 4 in each set. The above pic just shows all of them together.

@Syiren

I want one! So cute! wub.gif

Finally redeemed my Mews in all my games biggrin.gif

BTW if anyone wants to add me to their Friend's List my Friend code is 0259 - 0852 - 7088

And just feel free to PM me with yours if you want to (trying to get more friends xd.png)

if anyone can't get a Mew code for whatever reason: I work at a Gamestop and our store is hugely overstocked on the cards due to a typo in the order quantity (they accidentally put in 100 packs instead of 10, I guess). because of this, we didn't enforce a limit on how many we can give out per person. needless to say I took about 10 just in case any friends couldn't make it in - I still have 5, and I'd be happy to give out the codes if anyone wants them. I already have a Mew from the original Emerald event way back when, anyways, so PM if you'd like - just only as a last resort, please, I probably shouldn't take too much of our stock. c:

-snip-

You should probably say which location you/the codes are in, remember that codes are region locked.

You should probably say which location you/the codes are in, remember that codes are region locked.

I think they are America-only, correct? The 20th-anniversary mew codes? I redeemed all mine and am trying to thwack my husband over the head to redeem the one I got for him before time is up. xd.png

I think they are America-only, correct? The 20th-anniversary mew codes? I redeemed all mine and am trying to thwack my husband over the head to redeem the one I got for him before time is up. xd.png

Why would they be American-only?

They're worldwide.

Why would they be American-only?

They're worldwide.

I could just as counter with why WOULDN'T they be? It could easily have been either way. A LOT of events are location specific. I know people in other countries were having trouble redeeming them. Hence my thought and my question.

Edited by harlequinraven

when does it have to be redeemed by again i got mine but ive been too lazy

On the back of my card it said May 31st of this year. It's just the stores that will stop giving them out by the 24th of this month.

I'm fairly certain that gamestop is an American only store, though I could be wrong. The UK has their own version of the store but I don't remember what it is called. Anyway, if its Gamestop they are likely American.

Sooo does anyone know how to get Celebi?

Sooo does anyone know how to get Celebi?

You can just get this one via - Mystery Gift --> Receive Gift --> Get via Internet smile.gif Just got mine an hour or so ago.

If you have the pokemon bank, be sure to log into it to get your event regis! smile.gif

You can just get this one via - Mystery Gift --> Receive Gift --> Get via Internet smile.gif Just got mine an hour or so ago.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if they were going to do something different like with the Mew event, but that makes me feel tons better. Thanks. happy.gif

WE'RE GETTING THE SHINY XERNEAS AND YVETAL EVENTS!!!!

YYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSS! I was really hoping we would get them. Now I have more pokemon to SR for xd.png

Not sure where to post this but since it probably will be traded to ORAS or used on X/Y still, thought I'd ask here.

I want to breed a Timid Nidoking with Sheer Force. Problem is my Nidoking I currently got has Sassy and Rivalry. I got to looking around and found out Druddigon has Sheer Force as it's second ability and can breed with Nidoking. Thing is this still creates another problem: How do I get both a Timid Nature and a HA ability to a Nidoran(M)? Does a second ability like Sheer Force make a Pokemon that has it as it's Hidden Ability pass on? That's also not including that I want at least a 5-6IV one. >_<

I do got a Ditto with 6IVs if that will help. I'm not sure if the ability is hidden or not. Sorry if this is all confusing. I'm not good with the breeding part of this yet.

Not sure where to post this but since it probably will be traded to ORAS or used on X/Y still, thought I'd ask here.

I want to breed a Timid Nidoking with Sheer Force. Problem is my Nidoking I currently got has Sassy and Rivalry. I got to looking around and found out Druddigon has Sheer Force as it's second ability and can breed with Nidoking. Thing is this still creates another problem: How do I get both a Timid Nature and a HA ability to a Nidoran(M)? Does a second ability like Sheer Force make a Pokemon that has it as it's Hidden Ability pass on? That's also not including that I want at least a 5-6IV one. >_<

I do got a Ditto with 6IVs if that will help. I'm not sure if the ability is hidden or not. Sorry if this is all confusing. I'm not good with the breeding part of this yet.

Sheer Force is Nidoking's HA. I can fire up my X and see if I can breed that for you. I think I have a 5-6IV Hustle Nidoran around here somewhere...

Edited by Lythiaren

I think this might be the thread for this kind of thing?

A hidden ability can only be passed on by a parent of the same species with the hidden ability, so you wouldn't be able to breed a Sheer Force Nidoran with those parents. You'd have to find a Nidoran with its hidden ability and breed it with your Ditto. (Also, eggs are always the species of the mother or non-Ditto parent, so if you bred a male Nidoking and a female Druddigon, you would only be able to get Druddigon anyway.)

A quick bulbapedia search says that you can encounter Nidoran in hordes in XY and those have a chance of having their hidden ability, so try catching one that way, maybe.

About the codes: this is probably a bit late for the Mew distribution, but I gave a code to a friend in a different country and she redeemed it fine, so I don't think they're region-locked.

Sheer Force is Nidoking's HA. I can fire up my X and see if I can breed that for you. I think I have a 5-6IV Hustle Nidoran around here somewhere...

Anything you want in return? I can breed IV ones but with how this one goes, it's a bit hard to get. Cuz I need the Timid nature and I'm not 100% how to get it all down to one Nidoran(M).

@Fractional Pi Day

I wasn't entirely sure if it went there or not. There isn't a single place for breeding anywhere on any of the Pokemon threads. Dx

Yeah, I know some of this but like I said, not 100% on any of this. I know you can encounter it in hordes but the way to get one would be a bit hard considering you got to figure out which one has the HA and which don't.

I managed to breed a 6IV Jolly Larvitar, that wasn't a problem cuz I had just Tyranitar parents. I'm usually trying to get the same ones together. If I had a Ditto or something with Timid that'd make this whole thing easier. >_<