LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

yay, I got the Australia/New Zealand event Hoopa *kawaii face*

Edited by zorua9

So, when is the new Hoopa movie coming out? Or has it already been released?

I think they already aired it on TV in the US, and it's already been out in Japan last summer.

Ugh I'm so annoyed the mew distribution is by serial code! Gamestop is the absolute worst with those. Half of them have no idea what you're talking about, the other half have been told by managers they can't give them out unless you buy something. It's a complete mess. I have no idea why the pokemon company thinks its a good idea. They need to stick to wi-fi events only.

I think they already aired it on TV in the US, and it's already been out in Japan last summer.

Ugh I'm so annoyed the mew distribution is by serial code! Gamestop is the absolute worst with those. Half of them have no idea what you're talking about, the other half have been told by managers they can't give them out unless you buy something. It's a complete mess. I have no idea why the pokemon company thinks its a good idea. They need to stick to wi-fi events only.

Serial Code? Is that different from normal Gamestop events? I've gone there for the Celebi event and the shiny Pichu event and not once had to worry about purchasing anything.

Serial Code? Is that different from normal Gamestop events? I've gone there for the Celebi event and the shiny Pichu event and not once had to worry about purchasing anything.

It's not through local wi-fi no. They give you a little card that you scratch off the silver stuff and you enter a code in your game (in the mystery gift menu) to download. It's literally the worst.

Because you have to connect online to redeem the code, so why even bother with the code.

And no, you do not need to purchase anything to get the code, but a lot of employees are told otherwise by management and refuse to give them to you unless you buy something.

I'll have to call ahead and see if the closest gamestop has the codes available...car's been broken down if I want to get a mew, I gotta walk xd.png

//mew is worth it

I'm lucky in that I have 2 stores nearby, so if one is out I can try the other. I'd get two codes if possible but I don't want to be greedy. I do agree the codes are a bit annoying but its better than getting nothing.

It's not through local wi-fi no. They give you a little card that you scratch off the silver stuff and you enter a code in your game (in the mystery gift menu) to download. It's literally the worst.

Because you have to connect online to redeem the code, so why even bother with the code.

And no, you do not need to purchase anything to get the code, but a lot of employees are told otherwise by management and refuse to give them to you unless you buy something.

Yeah, I see what you mean now. I got my card, yet I haven't been able to get a reliable source of internet because for some stupid reason the library's internet doesn't work on my 2DS. dry.gif i'll have to wait until I go to my friend's house later on this week and see if it works there.

Thankfully I didn't have to buy anything in order to get my card. The lady did say, "we're only allowed to give one per customer, but she did say that I could get another one if I came back on a day she wasn't working. Since I wanted to get a mew for each of my games, but now I'm just trying to get another card for my friend since he doesn't have a way to get to Gamestop.

I agree that it's dumb to use a card code. Why can't we just go to gamestop, turn on our games and get Mew that way? It's a lot easier imo. Unless the people who designed the event want to keep score of how many Mews were collected this way? I dunno, I'm horrible with figuring out Tech. happy.gif;

They used to do that with local wi-fi events (I mean the Hoopa Mcdonalds one is an example).

It kept all this confusion about buying and limits on codes out of the equation.

The only downside is for people who live no where near these stores. Kind of like toys r us exclusive events. The nearest one to me is over an hour away and I'm not driving that far for a pokemon event.

I'm going to go get Mew this weekend as well ^.^

So you get a card and insert the code? Does Gamestop only limit you to one? I've got 3 games I need a Mew for xd.png

I have some reason to have one in each game lol

I'm going to go get Mew this weekend as well ^.^

So you get a card and insert the code? Does Gamestop only limit you to one? I've got 3 games I need a Mew for xd.png

I have some reason to have one in each game lol

That's what the girl at my store told me. She said one per customer. But she also said that I could come by on a different day when she isn't working and try to get another one. I also wanted one for each of my three games. ORuby, ASapphire and Y versions. I might pick up the second one for my friend first though, since he doesn't have a way up there.

You can use the code to get Mew from any place with a wifi access, its only the cards that are available from Gamestop. smile.gif

Guys~ You really need to see this. blink.gif

Guys~ You really need to see this. blink.gif

Oh wow

Inspiration right there I'm not even joking

Well, I actually had no problems getting the code from the gamestop that previously given me trouble (a couple years ago during one of the first serial code give aways). But different staff I suppose.

He also gave me two codes and said that was the limit per store. I guess maybe the limits are different per city? (Or maybe it's because I said please?)

I thought about redeeming both but I actually might be giving my second to my niece because I am best aunt.

Edit: OMG I CAN DO THIS FOR VALENTINES DAY FOR HER "I LOVE MEW"

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Depends on the store I think. The limit for me was one, which is fine. But the store I have gets a lot of traffic so they are probably conserving them to give to more people. The fun part will be trying to get a competitive one.

I wish I lived where they gave out two code cards, but then again the store is located on a busy road and the only other store in the area closed over a year ago, so that's probably why I could only get one. I was finally able to get my Mew yesterday because of restricted wifi locations in my area. Thank goodness for friends.

My Mew has an Impish nature and is Mischievous. I'm glad for the latter part, because it reminds me a bit of the one from the First movie. That's still one of my all time favorite pokemon movies to this day. Second only to the 2nd one. biggrin.gif

I'm still going to try and get a second one for my friend, but I'm not sure if they'll let me.

Going to get my mew today (and so is my brother) for our X and Y games, then we are going to go over to another store so he can get one for my X game and I can get one for my OR game xd.png

Edit:

Got all 3 of my little brothers to come in, and the store clerk asked how many cards we need, so I said 4. And he was like "Well I'm going to give you 8 in case you have multiple titles"

Waaaaaaaa?

Literally I only needed three, and my oldest younger brother needed one xd.png

Seems like we've got some extras laugh.gif

I like kind and considerate people, little did he know we were just trying to get more cards for all of our titles in one trip xd.png

Edited by Clya

Ugh. The nearest Gamestop ran out! I mean, 6 days in, and nothing?

If anyone with extras would be willing to give me one, I don't know PM me? I don't really need to because I'm gonna go some other time, but just if possible?

And I had no idea that not all of the events were through Wi-Fi! I only knew of the Mew event being a Serial Code, not Darkrai and Arceus! [/rant]

Are the mews from Gamestop limited supply only?

I have not gotten mine yet and now I am worried that there will not be any left for my X, Y, & Sapphire games xP

Edited by ~X~

Ugh. The nearest Gamestop ran out! I mean, 6 days in, and nothing?

If anyone with extras would be willing to give me one, I don't know PM me? I don't really need to because I'm gonna go some other time, but just if possible?

And I had no idea that not all of the events were through Wi-Fi! I only knew of the Mew event being a Serial Code, not Darkrai and Arceus! [/rant]

The same thing happened to me. I'm trying to figure out where the next closest gamestop is so my brother and I can both get these cards. I hate when the events aren't WiFi...

Wait the codes are on cards? Oh man, I'm still on the issue of convincing my grandmother to take me to gamestop, now I have to hope to even get a card

Yes, this is why I hate the serial codes. It's the worst.

The fact that TPC is ok with people not being able to get a highly desired event pokemon (for their 20th anniversary no less) because they didn't supply enough codes is ridiculous.

Even if they do have an agreement with Gamestop (or other country equivalent), seriously, local wi-fi. That's how it used to be done, and that's how it should be done if it's not through nintendo network.

Local wi-fi meant no one had to be limited to how many they could get, no one would run out.

It also prevented the jerks who get the cards and sell them on ebay (something that is happening and has happened with these codes. TPC is apparently OK with people making money off of the serial codes....)

I know I shouldn't rant because I've had good luck in getting the serial cards, but who knows how long that will last.